Jmart to race first 3 rounds of 450 SX

Related:
Create New Tag

12/17/2017 1:44 PM

#434 wrote:

Jmart needs to make it happen this year in sx by showing some speed on the 450 and winning in the 250 class. Otherwise he ...more

mxjon454 wrote:

Im pretty sure hes already signed with Geico thru 2019 and maybe even 2020. He extended his deal at the end of this year ...more

#434 wrote:

You're right. How could I forget. 18 and 19 in the 250 class with geico.

in 2019 he could well be on a 450 full time

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

12/17/2017 2:15 PM

LungButter wrote:

You guys talking podiums and points leading and all that jazz must have seen a different J Mart race SX than I have...hasn't ...more

he's a 4 time sx winner and 2 time mx champion. the guy can ride. roczen dnq'ed as well and 'only' had 5 wins when he moved up to the 450 class. just an example...

|

12/17/2017 2:22 PM

51xc wrote:

he's a 4 time sx winner and 2 time mx champion. the guy can ride. roczen dnq'ed as well and 'only' had 5 wins when he moved up ...more

J-Mart has had plenty of time to prove himself indoors. He has not had a solid championship contending season yet. Where have you been? Numerous threads have been started on this.

I think you bros are being blinded by his awesome Daytona ride. He has been pretty lack luster besides that, compared to his outdoor standards anyway.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

12/17/2017 2:38 PM

LungButter wrote:

You guys talking podiums and points leading and all that jazz must have seen a different J Mart race SX than I have...hasn't ...more

51xc wrote:

he's a 4 time sx winner and 2 time mx champion. the guy can ride. roczen dnq'ed as well and 'only' had 5 wins when he moved up ...more

That's true, but did jmart ever look as good as roczen in 250sx? Outdoors he's great but indoors not so much..

|

12/17/2017 3:21 PM

Didn't he just run Paris and looked not so good? 5th with a less than stellar field.

|

12/17/2017 8:36 PM

Hardpack has not been jmarts strong point. I hope he chills and try’s to build speed with no expectations.

|

12/17/2017 9:31 PM

tek14 wrote:

His offseason racing didn't give hint that he would podium with 450.

Honestly I think it’s a terrible idea just my opinion but I think podiums are far-fetched at best and more of the concern of I think out of those three he’ll miss at least one main event just my take on it but he’s a great rider I just don’t think that he’s going to translate into the 450 well to start off

|

12/17/2017 9:34 PM

LungButter wrote:

51xc wrote:

BobPA wrote:

J-Mart has had plenty of time to prove himself indoors. He has not had a solid championship contending season yet. Where have ...more

I could not agree more Bob and Daytona well it was an incredibly impressive ride people seem to forget that he got a massive holeshot and took the early lead that way yes he held people off but the track was more suited to the first one to get a whole shot I believe That was the case last year nonetheless he did great but I think that was a one off anomaly

|

12/18/2017 12:09 PM

visser62 wrote:

J-Mart has failed to qualify for several 250 main events across his different years. I think he knew what he meant.

He hasn't failed to qualify for a main since 2015, for any round that he made it to the heat race.

For his career, he has made 33 mains out of 37 starts (89%).

|

12/18/2017 12:26 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

You know that DNQ stands for Did Not Qualify right? I'm pretty sure J-Mart won't have any trouble qualifying and making mains ...more

What Supercross seasons have you been watching? He's missed 2 or 3 mains from terrible qualifying in the last 2 years.

|

I'm just here to stir sh#t up...

12/18/2017 2:45 PM

es337 wrote:

That would be great if he got on the podium but he will still dnq for the 250s for some reason

-MAVERICK- wrote:

You know that DNQ stands for Did Not Qualify right? I'm pretty sure J-Mart won't have any trouble qualifying and making mains ...more

nrosso391 wrote:

What Supercross seasons have you been watching? He's missed 2 or 3 mains from terrible qualifying in the last 2 years.

You must have him confused with CP377

|