Jmart going backwards!

Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 3:11am
No disrespect to Jeremy Martin but is his career going backwards? Rewind to 2015 his beating Cooper Webb & Marvin Musquin (outdoors) for a back to back title.
Both Webb & Marv are now top riders in the premier 450 class while Jmart is still fighting hard for podiums in a class where he was a 2 time champion!

Is it best he reboots his career by going 450? I'm thinking try something new cos his going backwards in the class.... and I guess his sx results don't help... Thoughts?
|
Sodipop
7/22/2017 1:54pm
No disrespect to Jeremy Martin but is his career going backwards? Rewind to 2015 his beating Cooper Webb & Marvin Musquin (outdoors) for a back to...
No disrespect to Jeremy Martin but is his career going backwards? Rewind to 2015 his beating Cooper Webb & Marvin Musquin (outdoors) for a back to back title.
Both Webb & Marv are now top riders in the premier 450 class while Jmart is still fighting hard for podiums in a class where he was a 2 time champion!

Is it best he reboots his career by going 450? I'm thinking try something new cos his going backwards in the class.... and I guess his sx results don't help... Thoughts?
It doesn't make any sense to me. This field is weaker than the ones he dominated.
7/22/2017 1:55pm
No disrespect to Jeremy Martin but is his career going backwards? Rewind to 2015 his beating Cooper Webb & Marvin Musquin (outdoors) for a back to...

Sodipop wrote:
It doesn't make any sense to me. This field is weaker than the ones he dominated.
That's what I mean! Marv is outfront 450 while his struggling!
philG
7/22/2017 2:14pm
It what happens when guys dont move up.. chances missed, now he wont be moving up as a champion, assuming he can get a ride.
kiwifan
7/22/2017 2:24pm
philG wrote:
It what happens when guys dont move up.. chances missed, now he wont be moving up as a champion, assuming he can get a ride.
he already has a 450 rider for 2018

The Shop

endurox
7/22/2017 3:03pm
JMart looked real fast at Daytona on the HRC 450. Maybe he needs to move up to the 450 for Washugal.
philG
7/22/2017 3:18pm
philG wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
He does, i missed that then. I thought there was talk of it, maybe to RCH but he baulked as they looked shaky, and then the rule changes meant he didnt have to,

Where does he go ?
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
7/22/2017 3:21pm
philG wrote:
He does, i missed that then. I thought there was talk of it, maybe to RCH but he baulked as they looked shaky, and then the...
He does, i missed that then. I thought there was talk of it, maybe to RCH but he baulked as they looked shaky, and then the rule changes meant he didnt have to,

Where does he go ?
His Geico deal is two years. It's supposed to be.
2017: 250s
2018: 450s
IceMan446
7/22/2017 3:57pm
philG wrote:
Tell that to Osborne.

He is still over training IMO

Dude needs to get that arm pump surgery Osborne got also lol
APLMAN99
7/22/2017 4:19pm
I definitely think that he meshed with his Yamahas a lot better than the Honda........
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
7/22/2017 4:21pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I definitely think that he meshed with his Yamahas a lot better than the Honda........
I partially agree with this but just think the YZ250F is just way better than the Honda. That is the difference imo.
downard254
7/22/2017 4:31pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
I partially agree with this but just think the YZ250F is just way better than the Honda. That is the difference imo.
I agree with both of you.
7/22/2017 4:32pm
I love how people blame the bike when he hasnt blamed the bike, but when a factory rider blames the yami, "it isnt the bike". How many times has that happened now? JS7, barcia, grant? I doubt webb openly blames the bike, that isnt his style, and it very well may not be the bike
Sodipop
7/22/2017 4:38pm
I love how people blame the bike when he hasnt blamed the bike, but when a factory rider blames the yami, "it isnt the bike". How...
I love how people blame the bike when he hasnt blamed the bike, but when a factory rider blames the yami, "it isnt the bike". How many times has that happened now? JS7, barcia, grant? I doubt webb openly blames the bike, that isnt his style, and it very well may not be the bike
The yamaha has a track record first of all....

Do you have any guesses as to why JMart has fallen off like this?
Titan1
7/22/2017 4:43pm
I say it's all mental...he used to KNOW he was the man out there and faster then everyone, and so he just went harder and faster than everyone...now, it seems like he may not believe that any more.

Just a guess.
7/22/2017 4:46pm
I love how people blame the bike when he hasnt blamed the bike, but when a factory rider blames the yami, "it isnt the bike". How...
Sodipop wrote:
The yamaha has a track record first of all....

Do you have any guesses as to why JMart has fallen off like this?
Confidence maybe? Hes third in points which is pretty damn good, considering he had a DNF. That DNF Not happening could possibly have him second in points, so that leaves zach.. Who, if anyone, would be doing better than zach this year? Zach is riding how jmart was in 14-15.

So whats the problem with the bike? Im guessing you will say power? Do you think that factory bike is lacking power? Craig said the factory 250 feels as fast as a 450.

So can we blame the yami 450 for riders not having better results, since riders on their payroll have openly bashed the bike?

Im not being a smartass, im open for debate and want to hear what others have to say
SKlein
7/22/2017 6:25pm
Correct he hasn't blamed the bike, but he has on occasions this summer explained it's been difficult/different trying to set-up the Honda like he did the Yamaha. I assume he's basically re-learning everything with the new bike this summer. It sucks to watch, but it makes sense why things haven't gone as planned so far.
mxjon454
7/22/2017 6:29pm
philG wrote:
He has a 450 ride next year with Geico and he'll be on a factory bike. He'll be fine.
mxjon454
7/22/2017 6:31pm
philG wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
philG wrote:
He does, i missed that then. I thought there was talk of it, maybe to RCH but he baulked as they looked shaky, and then the...

Where does he go ?
The rule change that happened THIS year didnt affect him at all. I dont think hes ever scored enough points in a season to be over the marker, and to get bumped up you had to do that over 3 different seasons.
rutsmash
7/22/2017 6:31pm

The Honda is under powered and yes, maybe he just gelled with the Yamaha chassy better....otherwise, what else could it be? He is over his sickenss right?
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
7/22/2017 6:34pm
rutsmash wrote:
The Honda is under powered and yes, maybe he just gelled with the Yamaha chassy better....otherwise, what else could it be? He is over his sickenss...
The Honda is under powered and yes, maybe he just gelled with the Yamaha chassy better....otherwise, what else could it be? He is over his sickenss right?
I think the Honda is a good bike but it just seems that the Yamaha motor is better than the rest.

Jmart isn't doing bad but it's not like his last few years. He'll be alright.
mxjon454
7/22/2017 6:38pm
Well yaa i dont expect a rider to bag on the bike and team that theyre currently riding for. And i think its common knowledge that the yamaha 250 is a really good bike, but that designs just doesnt do the same justice for the 450. Idk if its because its too much power to be in the same chassis as the 250 or what but i think its safe to say that a lot of top riders wouldnt go near the yamaha 450. Maybe the 2018 will change that.
Pembroke36
7/22/2017 8:02pm
Can't say he carried any momentum at all from SX. Hard to keep your head high after a season like he had in SX. Then he was injured and now frustrated. All piles up.
crowe176
7/22/2017 9:02pm
philG wrote:
He's moving up a 2x champion. He will never have a problem getting a good ride. He works hard, maybe too hard as some have said. He is a champion. And he's the kind of kid you want as the face of your brand. Worst case, his career will be similar to Canard in 450's, and that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Jmart will be fine.
BobPA
7/22/2017 9:05pm
philG wrote:
crowe176 wrote:
He's moving up a 2x champion. He will never have a problem getting a good ride. He works hard, maybe too hard as some have said...
He's moving up a 2x champion. He will never have a problem getting a good ride. He works hard, maybe too hard as some have said. He is a champion. And he's the kind of kid you want as the face of your brand. Worst case, his career will be similar to Canard in 450's, and that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Jmart will be fine.
Agreed on all points. I just hope he stays off the ground more than Trey
kiwifan
7/22/2017 9:53pm

rutsmash wrote:
The Honda is under powered and yes, maybe he just gelled with the Yamaha chassy better....otherwise, what else could it be? He is over his sickenss...
oh sorry I missed the part where you compared a factory Yamaha to a Factory Geico Honda, how the hell do you know its underpowered?? oh you think a stock bike is underpowered (not that the Honda isnt by much, it certainly isnt the slowest stock 250, nor is the Yamaha the most HP) then it means the factory bike is? Surely you are not that naive???
JkopMx
7/22/2017 10:03pm
Am I the only one who has seen j Mart pull more holeshots this year and get better starts then he ever has before in mx?
Oh and on that "underpowered" bike . SMH
7/22/2017 10:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2017 10:47pm
I haven't ridden a new Honda, but my 2016 yz250f feels as stable as a tank at slow vet speeds and feels even better as you go faster. I think it would be a tough transition to go from that to a different bike. My last bike was a 2002 yz125. But these yz250fs are game changers.

I watched JMart ride at the usgp at Glen Helen and saw that bike get pretty shaky coming down those big hills. That was a long time ago, but I bet the yz was stable as hell for him and this new bike is a big change.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/22/2017 11:12pm
kiwifan wrote:
You don't say...
7/22/2017 11:23pm

Really? His career is going backwards? 2x Champion. Marvin is 2.5 years older than Martin. Webb is top in the 450 class? Maybe the last 2 weekends. Let me remind you, Martin finished second at Daytona on a 450 which was his first race on a 450. Is he really that far off the pace? He's had some mishaps but he has won motos. These guys are all great riders and may the most consistent man win the championship but come on.....Basically, you're clueless.

What is "cos"
H4L
7/22/2017 11:41pm
kiwifan wrote:
oh sorry I missed the part where you compared a factory Yamaha to a Factory Geico Honda, how the hell do you know its underpowered?? oh...
oh sorry I missed the part where you compared a factory Yamaha to a Factory Geico Honda, how the hell do you know its underpowered?? oh you think a stock bike is underpowered (not that the Honda isnt by much, it certainly isnt the slowest stock 250, nor is the Yamaha the most HP) then it means the factory bike is? Surely you are not that naive???
It's amazing on some of the stuff I read on these dirt bike forums & the stuff members actually believe. I find it hard to believe that someone thinks what you & I can buy at the showroom floor is even remotely close to what the AMA pros are running. Besides the chassis everything else is pretty much modified to the riders preference with bike set up on suspension & how the engine power is delivered through the rpm range.
At that level they're all making good power.

Post a reply to: Jmart going backwards!

The Latest