Jlaw sightings and stories

Eurobrah
8/16/2018 7:22am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2018 8:47pm
Share your wildest/best Jlaw stories and recent-ish sightings of him (if there is any). He used to be my hero when I was like 14 and didn't really know what he was all about, and he still is somewhat interesting dude in my opinion. Like him or not, he was once a pretty bad ass fellow on a dirtbike and literally didn't give a F. Unfortunately he goes under the Izzi-Stroupe category of wasted talent and is a huge turd in many peoples mind these days...

But still, the things I would do to get a J-Law jersey on my wall...

|
drt410
8/16/2018 8:06am
Oh yea? What are the things youd do...
davistld01
8/16/2018 8:07am
The number of reply posts so far is indicative of how few people really GAF about this...
8/16/2018 8:09am
Not recent, but I raced 250 A Pro Sport at Loretta's in 2005, and J-Law was hoopin' and hollerin' when he lapped me.
mxb2
8/16/2018 8:11am
Eurobrah wrote:
Share your wildest/best Jlaw stories and recent-ish sightings of him (if there is any). He used to be my hero when I was like 14 and...
Share your wildest/best Jlaw stories and recent-ish sightings of him (if there is any). He used to be my hero when I was like 14 and didn't really know what he was all about, and he still is somewhat interesting dude in my opinion. Like him or not, he was once a pretty bad ass fellow on a dirtbike and literally didn't give a F. Unfortunately he goes under the Izzi-Stroupe category of wasted talent and is a huge turd in many peoples mind these days...

The jerseys are out there, depends how bad you want one and how much you are willing to spend.

The Shop

Payup_199
8/16/2018 8:12am
I miss the guy. The sport needs it, love it or hate it. That daytona race was amazing to watch, when he let reed by for the win.
mxb2
8/16/2018 8:15am
Payup_199 wrote:
I miss the guy. The sport needs it, love it or hate it. That daytona race was amazing to watch, when he let reed by for...
I miss the guy. The sport needs it, love it or hate it. That daytona race was amazing to watch, when he let reed by for the win.
Yea, let him by, lol. Ok.
Payup_199
8/16/2018 8:22am
Payup_199 wrote:
I miss the guy. The sport needs it, love it or hate it. That daytona race was amazing to watch, when he let reed by for...
mxb2 wrote:
I know it was a long time ago. I swear I remember him saying that in the post race interviews and presser? BUT I could be wrong.
mxb2
8/16/2018 8:26am
Payup_199 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Payup_199 wrote:
I know it was a long time ago. I swear I remember him saying that in the post race interviews and presser? BUT I could be...
I know it was a long time ago. I swear I remember him saying that in the post race interviews and presser? BUT I could be wrong.
And lose $$. Purse, contingency, race win Makes sense. .lol
Payup_199
8/16/2018 8:45am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2018 8:45am
mxb2 wrote:
Payup_199 wrote:
I know it was a long time ago. I swear I remember him saying that in the post race interviews and presser? BUT I could be...
mxb2 wrote:
Just a story...

All of that is nothing Jlaw cared about at the time. Wasnt this an "F.U. to the industry" race for him?

Reed was in the points battle and they were friends and he wanted reed to have the max points. I could not be recalling correctly.
Donovan759
8/16/2018 8:56am

I didn't get to watch the press conference yet but I figured I'd post it up so there's some reality to this story and people can make their own minds up about what happened.
NorCal 50+
8/16/2018 9:46am
Eurobrah wrote:
Share your wildest/best Jlaw stories and recent-ish sightings of him (if there is any). He used to be my hero when I was like 14 and...

mxb2 wrote:
The jerseys are out there, depends how bad you want one and how much you are willing to spend.
On one of Matthes' podcasts it was revealed that is not even J-Law in the ad, but a stand-in. He probably didn't show up.
Brent
8/16/2018 9:48am
Jason Lawrence hasn't been relevant in almost a decade, why the obsession? I don't get it.
stone881
8/16/2018 9:52am
Be nice to have some more press conferences like this, if nothing else.
Forty
8/16/2018 10:06am
Payup_199 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Payup_199 wrote:
Just a story... All of that is nothing Jlaw cared about at the time. Wasnt this an "F.U. to the industry" race for him? Reed was...
Just a story...

All of that is nothing Jlaw cared about at the time. Wasnt this an "F.U. to the industry" race for him?

Reed was in the points battle and they were friends and he wanted reed to have the max points. I could not be recalling correctly.
Nice of him to lay up for Reed. I imagine he wouldn't do it again if he had it over. Watching it he looked a little gassed too.

Bummer he didn't win that....Daytona is one of the big wins in any career.

Lawrence had talent for days and days....I enjoyed watching him ride.
HusqFan3
8/16/2018 10:26am
I could be wrong but pretty sure i saw him in the produce section while i was at the grocery store the other day... #JLawSighting
8/16/2018 10:31am
Walked into a Temecula party, and he was sitting on the couch.

Eurobrah
8/16/2018 10:54am
Brent wrote:
Jason Lawrence hasn't been relevant in almost a decade, why the obsession? I don't get it.
Well, neither has Bradshaw for example and still there is a ton of Bradshaw fans out there. There's no obsession, I just miss having someone like him in the sport to bring a little color into it...
Forty
8/16/2018 11:00am
Brent wrote:
Who's that in your avatar?
mx621
8/16/2018 11:18am
I’ve had A few run ins with him a local tracks years ago.. the first two he was awesome and friendly chatting with kids and locals. first time at atco night track he was riding for rockstar suzuki, second was after his sx title at blue diamond. Few other times at pagoda Mc racing district 6. day of red bud 2010 or 2011 ( I forget ) at blue diamond. He was being a real dick that day cutting people off, dive bombing people like he was battling for a title, but it was just a practice day. he all but punted me off the track and then gave me the finger in the air as he looked back. I walked over to his truck we got into an pretty good argument, track owner came over and threatened to kick me out?. Last few years I’ve seen him at njmp fod and he was totally cool. No antics. Still a fan of him though.
FuzzyLogic
8/16/2018 12:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/16/2018 12:09pm
JLaw was the ultimate heel in the sport. He had no time for respect, hard work, dedication, and work ethic while still having the natural talent and speed of the fastest guys at the time. I'm confident in saying there wasn't anyone like him before, and I'd be shocked if there is ever again.

I'm not saying that what he did was cool or awesome, but it kept a lot of peoples attention.
8/16/2018 12:52pm
HenryA wrote:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/thrashedkid03/JLAWIZZ.gif[/IMG]
Never gets old, sums the guy in one short clip....’Because I Can’
MotoMo165
8/16/2018 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 8/16/2018 1:03pm
I played Xbox 360 with this fucker on mxgp 1 for a few months straight. No real stories but he’s exactly how you’d think he’d be. One day he cut ties with all of us that he would play the game with
Rooster
8/16/2018 1:22pm
FuzzyLogic wrote:
JLaw was the ultimate heel in the sport. He had no time for respect, hard work, dedication, and work ethic while still having the natural talent...
JLaw was the ultimate heel in the sport. He had no time for respect, hard work, dedication, and work ethic while still having the natural talent and speed of the fastest guys at the time. I'm confident in saying there wasn't anyone like him before, and I'd be shocked if there is ever again.

I'm not saying that what he did was cool or awesome, but it kept a lot of peoples attention.
Ron Lechien would like to dispute that claim I'm sure.

He accomplished more than JLaw, but there's more than a few similarities to those two. Especially when it comes to the natural talent part.
FIREfish148
8/16/2018 1:29pm
First time I saw the kid ride was at wasougal that your they had the little whoops where the triple is now. He fell in the first turn in the day qualifier and came from dead dead last to damn near winning the race. Kid was the real deal when he was determined.
RCF
8/16/2018 1:30pm
Just seen him a few weeks ago down at Field of Dreams, had somebody they're filming him.
kage173
8/16/2018 1:36pm
I've always hated the term 'natural talent'. People can be athletic and have athletic genes, but nobody is naturally atuned to racing a motorcycle. What it actually is, is that when they were young they rode constantly and they actually took the time to learn the proper technique. So, when they ride it looks easy to them, but only because they are doing it the right way. People think they aren't trying, but they put in the work when they were kids.

That's why a lot former pro riders' kids get that label (Christian Craig, Hanny) because they are taught the proper form the day they start and never know how to ride the wrong way.

I've always felt it was a disservice to someone to say they were naturally talented. Rant over.
Paul333
8/16/2018 1:44pm
I could not care less.

Post a reply to: Jlaw sightings and stories

The Latest