Jlaw sightings and stories

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
8/17/2018 4:46pm
Moto Mofo wrote:
Remember when he pulled off mid-moto at Budds Creek and rode over to the track that’s next to the National track, and hit the whoops a...
Remember when he pulled off mid-moto at Budds Creek and rode over to the track that’s next to the National track, and hit the whoops a few times before taking a breather? Then he jumped back in and finished the moto. Funny stuff.
murph783 wrote:
Never heard that one, that’s good lol
Same here, hadn't heard that but it's freakin great!
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
8/17/2018 5:56pm
Remember the time he got drunk at a race and left his grandpa there to find his own ride home?

Or what about the time he got beat up by some kid for hitting on his girlfriend.

Another good one was the time he grabbed some duded wifes ass and the dude threw him through a car widow and the owner of the track banned him?

Yup, good times.
TymeMoto
8/17/2018 7:40pm
Or what about the time Jason Lawrence showed up at halftime and the Mud Dugs won the Bourbon Bowl?
moscrop940
8/17/2018 7:45pm
I personally saw jlaw Rip a fat line of white lightning at my brothers party 10 years ago...It’s a long story, but let’s just say seeing a current SX champ tossing down some Bolivian shale certainly altered my perception of reality....

The Shop

cbuehler767
8/17/2018 7:48pm
Brent wrote:
Jason Lawrence hasn't been relevant in almost a decade, why the obsession? I don't get it.
Eurobrah wrote:
Well, neither has Bradshaw for example and still there is a ton of Bradshaw fans out there. There's no obsession, I just miss having someone like...
Well, neither has Bradshaw for example and still there is a ton of Bradshaw fans out there. There's no obsession, I just miss having someone like him in the sport to bring a little color into it...
He couldnt hold a candle to Bradshaw
8/17/2018 8:30pm
milliebays wrote:
hang out in the Karting scene awhile and tell me there's no such thing as natural talent.
can you elaborate? i’m interested
mxer146
8/17/2018 8:59pm
Watched him roll the rental car at freestone, hammered drunk the night before the national. Pretty sure Josh Hill was in it or there as well
milliebays
8/17/2018 10:59pm
milliebays wrote:
hang out in the Karting scene awhile and tell me there's no such thing as natural talent.
Wish i had stories, i dont unfortunately. Kids seem to have it or they dont.
NorCal 50+
8/17/2018 11:00pm
A friend of mine ran with SOME of the same people back when he was on top of the moto 250 world and the year he...
A friend of mine ran with SOME of the same people back when he was on top of the moto 250 world and the year he won his 250 sx title....going into vegas right before rolling up to the starting line for the 250 shootout he took some Ecstasy thinking he would be good for the race and it would start kicking in right after the race was over and I cant remember if he took it too early or was on the starting line too long after taking it but it hit him full force in the middle of the race....likely due to the accelerated heart rate it moved through his system faster than if someone had just taken it waiting 30-45mins on the couch for it to kick in. Well we all know he pulled off during the race and rode straight back to the truck right?

He had to because the E he had taken came on full force during the race and he was having trouble riding a full blown sx track rolling like he was...thats why he pulled off during that race.
murph783 wrote:
I hope this is true lol. Can you imagine if he won? Rolling on the podium would have made for a hell of an interview
That didn't take long to find from TransworldWoohoo

SUPERCROSS LITES MAIN EVENT

There wasn’t any points, or number plates, or championships at stake for the Lites class, but rather something far more important to some: bragging rights. The East West Shootout is the one chance to race against everyone and prove to everyone exactly where everyone stacks up. The stage was set; the respective coastal champs rocked their red number one plates as the best from the east and the west all lined up on one gate. When the bars hit the dirt, Pro Circuit powerhouse Ryan Villopoto catapulted out front for the holeshot, while Dungey, Reardon, and Canard made chase. Where was West Coast champ Jason Lawrence? J-Law found himself in sixth place after the first lap, although he didn’t seem to be overly concerned with his spot off the pace. Up front, while Canard passed Reardon, Villopoto quickly gained ground on Dungey. Dungey, in turn, began putting some distance between himself and East Coast champ Canard. J-Law, meanwhile, fell to eighth as both Nico Izzi and Matt Georke moved in front of him.
On the seventh lap, J-Law visibly backed off the throttle and before the end of the lap, the Yamaha of Troy rider pulled off the track. Out front, Dungey and RV2 continued to widen the space between themselves, as well as widen the gap in front of third place Canard. By the time eight laps were in the books, RV2 was well into lapper traffic, but a few laps later it was clear that Dungey was cutting down the space RV2 had created.
The crowd roared to life as RV2 bobbled and checked his speed; Dungey all over him on 13th lap. Then, on the final lap Dungey made the pass on Villopoto. The Suzuki rider took the win and glory for the second straight year.
NorCal 50+
8/17/2018 11:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2018 11:35pm
Ah what the heck take a walk down memory lane. I enjoyed just the first ten seconds. Check out 24:30 mark he's head banging to the crowd like a metal guitarist LMAO.

SigPig
8/18/2018 10:15am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Ah what the heck take a walk down memory lane. I enjoyed just the first ten seconds. Check out 24:30 mark he's head banging to the...
Ah what the heck take a walk down memory lane. I enjoyed just the first ten seconds. Check out 24:30 mark he's head banging to the crowd like a metal guitarist LMAO.

Dungey looked pretty comfortable on yellow.
ipbrew
8/18/2018 10:58am
SigPig wrote:
I'd actually cheer for Dungey if he came out of retirement and rode a Zook!
kage173
8/20/2018 9:27am
milliebays wrote:
milliebays wrote:
Wish i had stories, i dont unfortunately. Kids seem to have it or they dont.
I can easily hang out in Karting or any other 4 wheeled sport and it won't be natural talent that wins. More like who's parents have the most money. There is some talent level needed in racing 4 wheels, but it's much more machine and much less pilot than in 2 wheel sports.
kage173
8/20/2018 9:41am
deluxeman wrote:
I disagree with this statement. Michael Jordan had natural talent in spades, every top MX racer has natural talent in spades. Mark Marquez in MotoGP has...
I disagree with this statement. Michael Jordan had natural talent in spades, every top MX racer has natural talent in spades. Mark Marquez in MotoGP has a train car load of natural talent. Eddie Van Halen has natural talent.

You can teach anyone with average cognitive skills to do most tasks. If they have determination to master those skills, they can master the skill. But can they do it a the highest level? The answer is always No, if they lack natural talent. I can drag my knee on a street bike, I can shoot a basketball, I can play a few musical instruments. I, however will never be at the level of a Marquez, Rossi, Jordan,or Van Halen. Why? Because I lack the amount of natural talent that makes a good rider/player a great rider/player. You can teach technique but you can't teach talent. Good technique only makes to a good technical rider, it doesn't make you an elite rider.

Children of former racers have two things that give them a huge head start. 1. Genetics, they share their genes with someone that has that natural ability. They don't always get it, but their chances are better than average. 2. They are immersed in the lifestyle, they see how to do the task from a different perspective than your average person.

Olympic runners are a perfect example of genetics and talent. You can't teach speed, either you are fast or your not.
Michael Jordan in particular was known for his relentless pursuit of technique. Rossi and Van Halen would pound their heads against the wall reading your statement and thinking about the uncountable hours they spent drilling the proper technique into their muscle memory. They were not born with it at all. They had their own innate desire and that drove them to try harder and be more focused on doing so. That gave them the talent to be able to dominate others.

I do agree, as I said, that there is such thing as athleticism, which is physiology that is more well designed for the task. I agree that there is a personality that is developed over time that is more aligned with success in athletics. But those things are not 'Natural Talent for Riding A Motorcycle'.

Olympic runners is the same thing. They are born with genetic athletcism. But they combine that with learned running technique that enables them to be faster than others who have that same athleticism. It's not natural talent for sprinting.
Lightning78
8/21/2018 7:49am
A friend of mine ran with SOME of the same people back when he was on top of the moto 250 world and the year he...
A friend of mine ran with SOME of the same people back when he was on top of the moto 250 world and the year he won his 250 sx title....going into vegas right before rolling up to the starting line for the 250 shootout he took some Ecstasy thinking he would be good for the race and it would start kicking in right after the race was over and I cant remember if he took it too early or was on the starting line too long after taking it but it hit him full force in the middle of the race....likely due to the accelerated heart rate it moved through his system faster than if someone had just taken it waiting 30-45mins on the couch for it to kick in. Well we all know he pulled off during the race and rode straight back to the truck right?

He had to because the E he had taken came on full force during the race and he was having trouble riding a full blown sx track rolling like he was...thats why he pulled off during that race.
murph783 wrote:
I hope this is true lol. Can you imagine if he won? Rolling on the podium would have made for a hell of an interview
It is 100% true
8/21/2018 8:03am
JLaw most talented kid on a motorcycle in the history of the sport.

Never trained. Never tried. Just was fast AF.

PEople chalk his talent up to ridin all his life. check the Loretta’s vault. Same guys racing 30’class today were getting smoked by jlaw on 80s. A lot of people ride heir whole life. Me included. I suck. No natural talent to where I can just hop on a bike and lay down destruction.
VRR7
8/22/2018 1:19am
SigPig wrote:
ipbrew wrote:
I'd actually cheer for Dungey if he came out of retirement and rode a Zook!
Dungey was very fast on the RMZ450. IMO faster than when we went pumpkin. Backed up by KR going back to Zook as well and dominating ... just IMO

Post a reply to: Jlaw sightings and stories

The Latest