Jlaw

9/4/2018 3:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2018 12:54pm
The dopest at the track?

Need to even out some of these Stewart threads popping up.

Where’s the find Jlaw thread ? Bet it would get more pages in a thread than the stew vids.
|
magoo1982
9/4/2018 3:31pm
Don't know much about him , why did he quit racin ??? From what people on Vital say , sounds like he was more talented than bubba ...
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
9/4/2018 3:48pm
I thought this was about his IG getting hacked..
Tryhard
9/4/2018 4:26pm
magoo1982 wrote:
Don't know much about him , why did he quit racin ??? From what people on Vital say , sounds like he was more talented than...
Don't know much about him , why did he quit racin ??? From what people on Vital say , sounds like he was more talented than bubba ...
Pretty much the same story with nico Izzy, a bunch of talent wasted on drugs .

The Shop

rehan53
9/4/2018 4:31pm
Riding for Guam.
Lucifa.
9/4/2018 4:37pm
Is he still racing?

If he is, do I have to RESPECT him?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/4/2018 4:39pm
magoo1982 wrote:
Don't know much about him , why did he quit racin ??? From what people on Vital say , sounds like he was more talented than...
Tryhard wrote:
J-Law walked away on his own. Did the pro thing and decided he had enough and walked away. Drugs were just part of his lifestyle. Then there's the whole jail thing.

The other 2 you mentioned got hurt a bunch of times, got addicted to pain meds, tried coming back, fell off the wagon, tried coming back, fell off the wagon again, ...
magoo1982
9/4/2018 4:45pm
magoo1982 wrote:
Tryhard wrote:
Thanks, Hate it when drugs or alcohol ruin peoples lives ...
rehan53
9/4/2018 4:51pm
J-Law was every bit as good as Villopoto, Dungey, and Canard. His decline always struck me more as true, untreated mental illness than simply the drug habits we hear about other riders adopting.
bama205
9/4/2018 5:15pm
Spoiled brat. Little dipwad. But one of my favorite MX personalities of all time! Dude was so fast
Myke
Fantasy
2861st
9/4/2018 5:16pm
He is on the entry list for straight rhythm.
ob
9/4/2018 5:46pm
That dude liked to rail
PastranaWho
9/4/2018 6:11pm
Did he ever say why he quit? he was on top of his game with many years left.
9/4/2018 6:59pm
He was a complete moron that didn’t train. He went as far as he was ever going
9/4/2018 7:07pm
He actually wasn’t doing well at all when he stopped racing.
Excaliburbmx
9/4/2018 7:11pm
Did you watch his first 450 race?
9/4/2018 7:15pm
Wonder if all the self destructive behavior could be related to some level of cte from to many hits to the head
9/4/2018 7:22pm
He got a 450 3rd overall at washougal high on the jazz cabbage.

The rest of that season wasn't so great though. Wheelieing the gate was tight
GIwasB4
9/4/2018 7:31pm
Dungey is thankful that kid hung up the boots
Cheerios
9/4/2018 9:55pm
Not like nico Izzy. Nico is a drug addict,
I think jlaw just liked to party, got burnt out on racing but from his Instagram he still seems to ride, but just for fun
9/4/2018 10:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2018 10:22pm
I don’t know where you got your intel that he didn’t train cause I lived at GPF in the Winter of 2007 and saw completely different than that with my own eyes!
Jlaw didn’t ride in the morning when everyone else did. He waited until they all stopped at noon and we out on the SX track. He never rode the track in the normal direction and put the track combos together in reverse!! It was insane and he would do 3/4 a lap until the whoops then blitz the whoops in both directions over and over then complete the lap!! It was unreal and ever pro rider there just sat there in awwww!! He was landing on the face of the triple and putting crazy combos together!! At the end of the day after 2-3 tanks of gas he would blitz the whoops, pull a 180 blitz then again, pull a 180 and repeat at least 30 times!!!
He rode twice as much as any other rider by far and I couldn’t believe it!!! He may have not had the Aldon Baker training but one thing was for sure, he had major seat time!!! His endurance combined with seat time and finesse on the bike, was all he needed to train!
He rode by far the most in one week hands down than everyone at MTF and GPF! No comparison!! Barcia was there but still on 80s and hucked a huge step up on my Riders pit bike with a helmet and shorts on! ?Then he got duct taped to a tree by everyone, I sprayed him in the eyes with brake cleaner for touching my new ti-bolts laid out for a bike build! ?
All in all, one of the best times of my life wrenching there that year but there’s no way anyone can say JLaw didn’t train!! He loves his weed but didn’t like riding without it!! I think that’s why he doesn’t race anymore is cause of testing and would rather burn!! Seriously!!
gnarwhip
9/4/2018 10:36pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2018 10:40pm
Except when he set the fastest 450 practice time at Daytona and then nearly won the main. Dude had serious speed and talent, trained his ass off with Ryno too, ask Ryno and Dungey. Jail screwed his reputation, and that was that. No one would sponsor him, except for No Fear, and no team would hire him after that, and he wasn't gonna ride for free. If he hadn''t gone to jail, he would've had kept his own team (AM/PM, Monster, One... where he hired Wey, Langsotn, Anstie) for years and he would've done well. Pretty sad story to be honest.
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
9/4/2018 11:06pm
I don’t know where you got your intel that he didn’t train cause I lived at GPF in the Winter of 2007 and saw completely different...
I don’t know where you got your intel that he didn’t train cause I lived at GPF in the Winter of 2007 and saw completely different than that with my own eyes!
Jlaw didn’t ride in the morning when everyone else did. He waited until they all stopped at noon and we out on the SX track. He never rode the track in the normal direction and put the track combos together in reverse!! It was insane and he would do 3/4 a lap until the whoops then blitz the whoops in both directions over and over then complete the lap!! It was unreal and ever pro rider there just sat there in awwww!! He was landing on the face of the triple and putting crazy combos together!! At the end of the day after 2-3 tanks of gas he would blitz the whoops, pull a 180 blitz then again, pull a 180 and repeat at least 30 times!!!
He rode twice as much as any other rider by far and I couldn’t believe it!!! He may have not had the Aldon Baker training but one thing was for sure, he had major seat time!!! His endurance combined with seat time and finesse on the bike, was all he needed to train!
He rode by far the most in one week hands down than everyone at MTF and GPF! No comparison!! Barcia was there but still on 80s and hucked a huge step up on my Riders pit bike with a helmet and shorts on! ?Then he got duct taped to a tree by everyone, I sprayed him in the eyes with brake cleaner for touching my new ti-bolts laid out for a bike build! ?
All in all, one of the best times of my life wrenching there that year but there’s no way anyone can say JLaw didn’t train!! He loves his weed but didn’t like riding without it!! I think that’s why he doesn’t race anymore is cause of testing and would rather burn!! Seriously!!
Great story until you claim to spray barcia in the eyes with brake cleaner. Not only is that liable to get your ass in jail, its fucking stupid. I got brake cleaner in my eyes once, was blind for a solid 5 minutes or so. It's worse than getting gas in your eyes.
9/5/2018 5:29am
rehan53 wrote:
J-Law was every bit as good as Villopoto, Dungey, and Canard. His decline always struck me more as true, untreated mental illness than simply the drug...
J-Law was every bit as good as Villopoto, Dungey, and Canard. His decline always struck me more as true, untreated mental illness than simply the drug habits we hear about other riders adopting.
He should have gotten that TUE and tried Adderall.
9/5/2018 5:38am
I don’t know where you got your intel that he didn’t train cause I lived at GPF in the Winter of 2007 and saw completely different...
colintrax wrote:
Great story until you claim to spray barcia in the eyes with brake cleaner. Not only is that liable to get your ass in jail, its...
Great story until you claim to spray barcia in the eyes with brake cleaner. Not only is that liable to get your ass in jail, its fucking stupid. I got brake cleaner in my eyes once, was blind for a solid 5 minutes or so. It's worse than getting gas in your eyes.
I think he was joking, just because the part he added about Barcia touching his bolts .

Post a reply to: Jlaw

The Latest