Jimmy Gaddis - Arizona OTMX

Oldmxer95
3/2/2020 12:30pm
Yesterday’s Arizona Old-timers MX sounds like it was a total cluster f@#$&. Jimmy Gaddis sent 3 people on 2 different starts to the hospital with serious injuries. From 1st hand accounts he blatantly caused both accidents. I have several problems with this. Why was he allowed to show up and ride one day of a two day event? This is on the event organizers. Why does a rider of his caliber feel he needs to take people out at an event where most riders have a job to show up for come Monday morning.
|
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
3/2/2020 12:44pm
This is going to turn out good... Whistling
Spode
3/2/2020 12:49pm
He signed up for the two day event and only raced one.
Oldmxer95
3/2/2020 1:04pm
And left nothing but carnage. Angry
BobbyM
3/2/2020 1:49pm
Wheres Kalos when you need him?

The Shop

Mr. Info
3/2/2020 2:00pm
There was a Master/Expert race where one on the riders in the pile up had fractured ribs and from his color a punctured lung and was transported and I believe the other 2 went on their own.
But the first 60 INT race we had Jerry Smith go down before going down the hill off the start and fractured ribs and scapula and concussion and the 2nd Moto we had Herb Allen go down not quite as far down the start and was thrown into the tree an suffered a fractured tib/fib and other bruising. And Friday Andy King went down on the front straight because his back wheel lost traction and at his speed he suffered 9 rib fractures on one side and hit his head hard enough he has a small bleed in his head which they are watching up to this afternoon and it’s gotten no worse. It was a rough weekend for some.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
3/2/2020 2:09pm
Mr. Info wrote:
There was a Master/Expert race where one on the riders in the pile up had fractured ribs and from his color a punctured lung and was...
There was a Master/Expert race where one on the riders in the pile up had fractured ribs and from his color a punctured lung and was transported and I believe the other 2 went on their own.
But the first 60 INT race we had Jerry Smith go down before going down the hill off the start and fractured ribs and scapula and concussion and the 2nd Moto we had Herb Allen go down not quite as far down the start and was thrown into the tree an suffered a fractured tib/fib and other bruising. And Friday Andy King went down on the front straight because his back wheel lost traction and at his speed he suffered 9 rib fractures on one side and hit his head hard enough he has a small bleed in his head which they are watching up to this afternoon and it’s gotten no worse. It was a rough weekend for some.
So Gaddis is innocent.
Oldmxer95
3/2/2020 2:36pm
From what I was told he swept in from the outside taking out the front wheel of 2 riders, then did the same thing to another rider on the restart. Granted, I am a little bias since it is my friend sitting in the hospital with multiple broken ribs, a collapsed lung and kidney trauma. but innocent? I don't think so.
dan45mt
3/2/2020 2:42pm
I was there and I rode the track.There must be a lot of he said she said. I saw both starts and about 12 riders blasted off the line in Master/Expert and all crammed to the inside right hand downhill turn and contact was made and a rider went down and the race was redflagged for a restart. Greg Fry a Master rider went to the Hospital. They were all going for it. I cannot say who made the mistake but it was just racing. The restart Jimmy Gaddis went down and was injured and transported. Master riders are sometimes former National Pros and I remember Shaun Kalos, Josh Hill, Erik McKenna and many others racing with OTMX. Jimmy was one of many and I commend him and all the National Pros that support OTMX.
3/2/2020 2:49pm
Oldmxer95 wrote:
Yesterday’s Arizona Old-timers MX sounds like it was a total cluster f@#$&. Jimmy Gaddis sent 3 people on 2 different starts to the hospital with serious...
Yesterday’s Arizona Old-timers MX sounds like it was a total cluster f@#$&. Jimmy Gaddis sent 3 people on 2 different starts to the hospital with serious injuries. From 1st hand accounts he blatantly caused both accidents. I have several problems with this. Why was he allowed to show up and ride one day of a two day event? This is on the event organizers. Why does a rider of his caliber feel he needs to take people out at an event where most riders have a job to show up for come Monday morning.
Sorry for your friend, but Gaddis would be the last person to maliciously try and injure several riders... IMO! Maybe I'm wrong, but it would be surprising.
3/2/2020 2:54pm
Oldmxer95 wrote:
From what I was told he swept in from the outside taking out the front wheel of 2 riders, then did the same thing to another...
From what I was told he swept in from the outside taking out the front wheel of 2 riders, then did the same thing to another rider on the restart. Granted, I am a little bias since it is my friend sitting in the hospital with multiple broken ribs, a collapsed lung and kidney trauma. but innocent? I don't think so.
sorry about your friend, but you did not see any of this carnage yourself?
Natester551v
3/2/2020 3:09pm
Oldmxer95 wrote:
From what I was told he swept in from the outside taking out the front wheel of 2 riders, then did the same thing to another...
so the long list of injuries to your friend somehow "proves" guilt on JG's part? Bummed for your friend, but that seems like a bit of an emotional knee-jerk response, with very little in the way of objective proof.

Maybe he did cause all of the carnage, but putting him on blast without any evidence at all just seems lame to me.

But what do I know...
Oldmxer95
3/2/2020 4:29pm
The information I received was from the rider he took out and is now in the hospital with a chest tube for a collapsed lung.
mfowler
3/2/2020 4:47pm
Results sheet show Gaddis winning all three motos on Saturday. Have not seen Sunday results yet.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
3/2/2020 5:22pm
BobbyM wrote:
Wheres Kalos when you need him?
When did you move to AZ?
3/2/2020 5:59pm
Not sure what the facts are here, but i bet Jimmy celebrated his Saturday sweep with a high-pitched "Yeeeaaahhhhh!"
FGR01
Fantasy
1334th
3/2/2020 7:17pm
What track was this at ?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
3/2/2020 7:21pm
I’d bet my life on Gaddis not purposely taking anyone out.
Kzirk525
3/2/2020 8:19pm
FGR01 wrote:
What track was this at ?
Canyon I think!
3/3/2020 3:25am
its the start. shit always happens on the start. everyone starting on the outside trys to get to the inside. sounds more like your friend prob didnt get on the brakes soon enough. from the poster above a right hand corner is always more dangerous. this has probably happened in every race since the dawn of mx time.

Post a reply to: Jimmy Gaddis - Arizona OTMX

The Latest