Create New Tag

5/26/2020 11:16 AM

|

5/26/2020 11:18 AM

The rippasad

|

5/26/2020 11:23 AM

He is stepping away, not retiring.
But i think that if he loses this ride, he won't have any in the future.
Sounds like a mature guy tho...

|

rarararaataatatatata

5/26/2020 11:28 AM

Wise call......

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

5/26/2020 11:40 AM

MZ193 wrote:

Plenty of guys have stepped away and gotten another ride down the road. Not sure why Jimmy D would be any different.

Do you actually know that he "lost" this ride? It very well could have been 100% his decision.

|

5/26/2020 11:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/26/2020 11:56 AM

That's not what MZ wrote.
Anyway, JGR will be gone when he ever comes back, plus aging and sick don't make for a very attractive resume.

Wish him the best though and first of all, to get better.

|

5/26/2020 11:58 AM

GODZILLA wrote:

That's not what MZ wrote.
Anyway, JGR will be gone when he ever comes back, plus aging and sick don't make for a very attractive resume.

Wish him the best though and first of all, to get better.

100% what i was trying to say.
Good job godzilla😄👍🏻

|

rarararaataatatatata

5/26/2020 12:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2020 4:32 AM

Thanks, I'm sure I'll get plenty of downvotes.
laughing

Edit: Lucidity is always well rewarded on Vital, lol.

|

5/26/2020 12:17 PM

I always liked Jimmy. He is such an underdog hero.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

5/26/2020 12:24 PM

Lyme disease is no joke, Wish you the best Rippa!

|

5/26/2020 12:41 PM

MZ193 wrote:

stremme12 wrote:

Plenty of guys have stepped away and gotten another ride down the road. Not sure why Jimmy D would be any different.

Do you actually know that he "lost" this ride? It very well could have been 100% his decision.

I think he's saying you can't keep your ride and not ride. If you step away, you generally sacrifice your ride.

Jimmy D is 29ish. Towards the end of a SX/MX professional racer either way. My best guess is he is retiring. The message reads more like a retirement statement and not a hiatus.

Jimmy is a cool cat though and he has had some good runs up front at times. Wish him luck with the disease and hope he's happy in life post racing.

|

5/26/2020 1:03 PM

9bro9 wrote:

Not a joke, not one bit

Sadly, its also very poorly defined where people can remain sick despite doctors not being able to quantify the disease within the body.

There was a good vaccine available, marketing stopped because it became available at the same time that Jenny McCarty etc were promoting the anti vax movement.

|

5/26/2020 1:34 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Not a joke, not one bit

Sadly, its also very poorly defined where people can remain sick despite doctors not being able to quantify the disease within the body.

There was a good vaccine available, marketing stopped because it became available at the same time that Jenny McCarty etc were promoting the anti vax movement.

I have had Lyme disease for several years now and it suxxxx as you really never get rid of it and have to work your ass off just to feel somewhat normal as it’s a daily battle and there is no magic pill for it once it becomes chronic!!

|

5/26/2020 1:55 PM

Damn, not sure what Lyme disease is but that really sucks to hear. Decotis dropped off my radar within the last few years but I was always a fan of his style, and the fact that his family is in the drilling industry just like mine!

Ripp it for jimmy

|

5/26/2020 1:57 PM

Shaned9326 wrote:

I have had Lyme disease for several years now and it suxxxx as you really never get rid of it and have to work your ass off just to feel somewhat normal as it’s a daily battle and there is no magic pill for it once it becomes chronic!!

*thimbs down because that sucks ass*

My father was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis last year and it sounds kinda similar, everyday has been a battle for him to feel good enough just to make it to work let alone riding his new 450.

Hopefully you have a great family and support system to help you through it.

KICK ITS ASS!!

|

5/26/2020 2:07 PM

Spudnut wrote:

*thimbs down because that sucks ass*

My father was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis last year and it sounds kinda similar, everyday has been a battle for him to feel good enough just to make it to work let alone riding his new 450.

Hopefully you have a great family and support system to help you through it.

KICK ITS ASS!!

Thanks a bunch bro and I’ve had many live blood samples done and it’s crazy to see the bastards under a microscope and the woman told me she never once had anyone that was diagnosed with fibromyalgia,dementia,chronic fatigue syndrome or Epstein Barr that didn’t have Lyme disease not one as it can mimic over 300 different diseases and is a bitch to find with the test most docs give you!!! Might help your pops to look into it and good luck to him as well!!!

|

5/26/2020 2:48 PM

9bro9 wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:

Not a joke, not one bit

You think a pharm company pulled a Lyme disease vaccine because of Jenny McCarthy? Seriously?

|

5/26/2020 2:51 PM

Anyone that wants to learn about the disease just go to Netflix and watch Under our skin It’s a eye opening experice and will have you mad as hell when your done watching!!

|

5/26/2020 2:56 PM

9bro9 wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:

Not a joke, not one bit

Sierra Ranger wrote:

You think a pharm company pulled a Lyme disease vaccine because of Jenny McCarthy? Seriously?

Yes. Drug companies have to spend millions to certify the licenses for their products etc so this means they have to sell a bunch of product to offset those costs before making profit.

From my understanding, the Lyme disease vaccine came to market just as all the anti Vax BS hit is peak, they lost a lot of sales and pulled the plug once loosing money.

Lots of drugs work well, but get pulled from the market because of these business reasons.

|

5/26/2020 2:58 PM

9bro9 wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:

Not a joke, not one bit

Sierra Ranger wrote:

Photo
|

5/26/2020 3:04 PM

Since it’s a bacteria I’m surprised it can’t be beat!

|

5/26/2020 3:19 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Not a joke, not one bit

Sierra Ranger wrote:

Bruce372 wrote: Photo

Talked about this on the JRP when the CV-19 hit- vaccine was actually giving people Lyme, so they pulled it.

|

5/26/2020 3:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/26/2020 3:21 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

When you get Lyme it always has coinfections along with it such as babesia and many more that they never test for so even if you get borellia (Lyme) under control the coinfections mess with ya and they all require different treatments!! Nightmare and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone!!

|

5/26/2020 3:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/26/2020 3:29 PM

Shaned9326 wrote:

Anyone that wants to learn about the disease just go to Netflix and watch Under our skin It’s a eye opening experice and will have you mad as hell when your done watching!!

I will watch it.

My lyme disease was found (after 15 to 20 years) while getting an epstein barr last year. There are treatments in europe, but it kills the immune system for like 6 months so i have prefered to postpone it until i have such a window regarding work. So far I managed to cop with it with nutrition supplements and (too much) coffee (and in the past redbull/monster). Sometimes that really sucks just waking up exhausted most of the year, for sure that is not the greatest stuff to have if you are pro rider ... Good luck to him !

|

5/26/2020 3:56 PM

Sierra Ranger wrote:

Bruce372 wrote: Photo

chuckie108 wrote:

Talked about this on the JRP when the CV-19 hit- vaccine was actually giving people Lyme, so they pulled it.

I saw that podcast and sorry but Joe was grossly out of depth when making those claims

|

5/26/2020 5:51 PM

Wicked Pissa! Godspeed Bro.

|

5/26/2020 7:54 PM

I hope he still shows up at the local tracks once in a while, I always like getting shots of him riding.

Photo

|

My photo gallery: www.pbase.com/thomasef

5/26/2020 8:16 PM

I'm sure he wanted more from his career, but he had a lot of good moments.

One of those guys that is just fun and entertaining to watch. Plenty of riders with twice the resume don't have that, and won't be remembered in the same way.

Hopefully he will ride for fun just like the rest of us!

|

5/26/2020 8:44 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Shaned9326 wrote:

When you get Lyme it always has coinfections along with it such as babesia and many more that they never test for so even if you get borellia (Lyme) under control the coinfections mess with ya and they all require different treatments!! Nightmare and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone!!

Yikes!

|

5/26/2020 8:57 PM

Pro golfer Jimmy Walker had Lyme disease, took him out for long time, but I think he’s back to 100% now

|