Jimmy D 2018

Nesc39
Edited Date/Time 10/16/2017 11:56pm
How does decotis not have a ride! Michael mosiman to husky but not jimmy. Wtf? Geico hires macadoo over jimmy? Brilliant!
Dollar for Dollar, getting your moneys worth, jimmy is the best hire in sx.
|
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
10/7/2017 9:06pm
Calm down mate, he does have a ride. Not to mention he's had around 5 more factory opportunities in the past then the 2 rookies you just mentioned.

Ps jimmy d was passed by stankdog around the outside on his 125 2 stroke outdoors, I think that needs to be mentioned in this post
Nesc39
10/7/2017 9:20pm
haydos25 wrote:
Calm down mate, he does have a ride. Not to mention he's had around 5 more factory opportunities in the past then the 2 rookies you...
Calm down mate, he does have a ride. Not to mention he's had around 5 more factory opportunities in the past then the 2 rookies you just mentioned.

Ps jimmy d was passed by stankdog around the outside on his 125 2 stroke outdoors, I think that needs to be mentioned in this post
He has a ride? With who?
Yes he was passed by skankdog while he was half retarded from Lyme disease for a year. I can’t argue that he blown some opportunities outdoors but he was the best Geico guy last year, never gets hurt, starts well and I guarantee he makes 1/5 of guys like cianciarulo, savatgy, osbourne etc.
Last race he won the heat in Vegas which had both east and west. Set fastest lap

The Shop

MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
10/7/2017 9:43pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2017 9:43pm
Saw him on a GEICO Honda at milestone the other day

I think it would make more sense to keep him than to not, he gets solid results
10/7/2017 9:50pm
How long had he had Lymes Disease for? Wondering how it affected his performance in SX. Few races where he was upfront and then dropped back..
Mdesi01
10/7/2017 9:58pm
Get Jimmy on a good bike with a nice setup for a full season outdoors, then we can judge. Doing anything physical with Lymes is no joke forget riding motocross. Jimmy will be no stranger on the podium this year. He left Vegas last year with the fastest lap, I'm sure he'll pick up where he left off ✊
Mdesi01
10/7/2017 10:06pm
689 wrote:
How long had he had Lymes Disease for? Wondering how it affected his performance in SX. Few races where he was upfront and then dropped back..
Don't think he knows for sure how long he had it, but it was over a year, so the full SX season.
mxjon454
10/8/2017 12:07am
haydos25 wrote:
Calm down mate, he does have a ride. Not to mention he's had around 5 more factory opportunities in the past then the 2 rookies you...

Nesc39 wrote:
He has a ride? With who? Yes he was passed by skankdog while he was half retarded from Lyme disease for a year. I can’t argue...
He has a ride? With who?
Yes he was passed by skankdog while he was half retarded from Lyme disease for a year. I can’t argue that he blown some opportunities outdoors but he was the best Geico guy last year, never gets hurt, starts well and I guarantee he makes 1/5 of guys like cianciarulo, savatgy, osbourne etc.
Last race he won the heat in Vegas which had both east and west. Set fastest lap
Hes not in the same league as AC, Savagty, and Osborne which is why he would be making 1/5th of what they make. They all won races indoors and out this year and osborne won 2 championships. I like JimmyD, but hes had a lot of chances with Geico. I can see him on a rock river ride or something similar to that. If he is on Geico again this year, hopefully he does really well or this will probably be his last shot on a bike that good.
andyman
10/8/2017 1:39am
Uuuuh, give me some ripeeeer!!! Jimmy D is awesome! Love his interviews, always happy and laughing.
agn5009
10/8/2017 6:24am
haydos25 wrote:

Nesc39 wrote:
He has a ride? With who? Yes he was passed by skankdog while he was half retarded from Lyme disease for a year. I can’t argue...
He has a ride? With who?
He should make significantly less than guys like Ciancarillo, Savatgy and Osborne. Those guys can win championships. Decotis is that guy that will take a few top tens throughout the season but be highly disappointing the rest.
IceMan446
10/8/2017 8:11am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2017 8:12am
haydos25 wrote:

Jimmy D was battling lyme disease this summer..

That should also be mentioned in this post.
slumpstone
10/8/2017 8:22am
haydos25 wrote:

Nesc39 wrote:
He has a ride? With who?
Wrong, different heats and his best lap in his heat was a 107.661 to Joeys heat time of 107.491.
mb60
10/8/2017 11:55am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2017 11:55am
Not hating on Jimmy D but that dude has been given more chances then most besides the 31 year old Mitch just signed. Seems those dudes from the North East consider him a god of some sort. He is a top 5 in sx at best and forget about outdoors.
Nesc39
10/8/2017 12:02pm
Jimmy passed savatgy in that race but that wasn’t savatgy’s normal day so I wouldn’t just go off that one ride. My point wasn’t that jimmy deserves a ride instead savatgy or cianciarulo. All I’m saying is that of the available guys who recently signed contracts, its my opinion he should have been chosen over Mosiman, Cantrell and especially Macadoo.
In full disclosure I am partial towards jimmy because I’m from Massachusetts and have some connection to him. However I also am not afraid to call it like it is. It’s my opinion that he definitely didn’t train as hard as he should have in years past and didn’t perform as he should. However as he got older he realized that he needed to take advantage of the opportunity he had and changed. In the last few years he really stepped up and been preparing like he should, as hard as anyone else. First he dealt with armpump and as mentioned above, he had Lyme disease for a long time and didn’t know it. Maybe they were connected. They can’t tell an exact time he got Lyme but it was very serious and all through his body. Thats says that it was over a year. It’s pretty hard to race when you just wanna go sleep.
Geico is not happening. I hate to see him lose a factory spot at the same time he figured out why he was so tired and foggy. I feel like If he’s top 5 when he’s at 50% capacity than he should podium for sure and potentially win a race if he’s 100% and confident. That’s my opinion.
For those reasons thats why I’d like to see him get one more shot. If he made comments about geico i think he deserves the right to be aggravated with the team if that’s the case. Hire macadoo midway through a season after you tell everyone there is no budget for more riders? Then jimmy goes out and was their best guy last year. If not for him, they would have no riders at like 3 races. He represented them well when no one else could and then they dick him around and dump him? I think that’s weak.
rpawley
10/8/2017 12:41pm
Most people can't get out of bed and do normal activity with lyme disease. Look up Tim Ferriss's struggles with it. sounds shitty
10/8/2017 12:48pm
I like Jimmy D, the guy's cool and I really hope he has a ride but is the OP his dad or something? Sure he might have got Geico their best results in SX this year but he's also been contracted to Geico before and not performed at all while others on the team were winning titles. OP is clearly non biased.
defeatist45
10/8/2017 12:52pm
I like Jimmy D, the guy's cool and I really hope he has a ride but is the OP his dad or something? Sure he might...
I like Jimmy D, the guy's cool and I really hope he has a ride but is the OP his dad or something? Sure he might have got Geico their best results in SX this year but he's also been contracted to Geico before and not performed at all while others on the team were winning titles. OP is clearly non biased.
Well, not to be a dick, but I believe Jimmy's dad passed within the last year. So ease up a little.
smee113
10/8/2017 7:58pm
Decotis is going into his 9th season; 4 of which he spent with Geico Honda, and has never made the podium. Outdoors, he's never cracked the top 15 overall. Those results might be okay for a rookie or sophomore that's still developing, but sooner or later, any factory team is going to expect more than that.

Those kids you mentioned? 2 of them haven't even raced Supercross yet, and outdoors they're average overall finishes were higher than Decotis' career best. McAdoo's season didn't fair as well, but he still logged 3 top 10's in SX and tied Decotis' all-time best MX overall of 16th. Being a recent MEC Amateur All-Star winner, he has a lot more potential upside than a guy like Decotis, who at his age, has probably already peaked.

Pointing out that he was Geico's best rider in SX last year doesn't really mean much when you consider how disastrous their season was.
Nesc39
10/10/2017 12:21pm
smee113 wrote:
Decotis is going into his 9th season; 4 of which he spent with Geico Honda, and has never made the podium. Outdoors, he's never cracked the...
Decotis is going into his 9th season; 4 of which he spent with Geico Honda, and has never made the podium. Outdoors, he's never cracked the top 15 overall. Those results might be okay for a rookie or sophomore that's still developing, but sooner or later, any factory team is going to expect more than that.

Those kids you mentioned? 2 of them haven't even raced Supercross yet, and outdoors they're average overall finishes were higher than Decotis' career best. McAdoo's season didn't fair as well, but he still logged 3 top 10's in SX and tied Decotis' all-time best MX overall of 16th. Being a recent MEC Amateur All-Star winner, he has a lot more potential upside than a guy like Decotis, who at his age, has probably already peaked.

Pointing out that he was Geico's best rider in SX last year doesn't really mean much when you consider how disastrous their season was.
You are correct and make totally valid points however there are a few things to add. Before you go out of your way to say I’m kissing his ass, I totally admit I’m gonna pull for him more than a guy I don’t know, but I think I have some valid points.
This is his eighth season, Some of those were spent injured and he didn’t ride. Other than this year, which was sx only and 3 nationals, every time he was given an opportunity to ride for geico it was a fill in spot that was last minute. No contract, no testing for months like everyone else gets, no security. Just show up this week and start racing. He had time to prepare this year but his father passed away in late November which obviously is gonna affect him his daily life for awhile. Add in the Lyme disease and I don’t consider that a good off season.
It’s not fair to say he peaked. His results continue to climb every year. 8th, 7th, 5th are his last 3 years in sx with points totaling 87,111,137. About 50% more points. Hes still on the upswing if anything. No one had Zach winning 2 titles last year
10/10/2017 1:55pm
Decotis is fast. He was fast last year. His fitness needs to improve. He keeps dropping the anchor and it's clouding his true potential.
10/10/2017 2:16pm
Nesc39 wrote:
Geico best guy last year, "never gets hurt"

Nesc39 wrote:
"This is his eighth season, Some of those were spent injured and he didn’t ride"

Whistling
TommyLee93
10/10/2017 2:19pm
Nesc39 wrote: Geico best guy last year, "never gets hurt" Nesc39 wrote: "This is his eighth season, Some of those were spent injured and he didn’t...
Nesc39 wrote:
Geico best guy last year, "never gets hurt"

Nesc39 wrote:
"This is his eighth season, Some of those were spent injured and he didn’t ride"

Whistling
WoohooWoohooWoohoo
10/10/2017 2:19pm
If we are going on a rant about who deserves a ride I would say Mitchell Harrison over JD. Harrison has far out performed JD and has far more up-side .... but I'm not signing the checks.
10/10/2017 3:15pm
Pretty sure he still is... He's really good at SX I doubt he would go rider-less. I wish some more teams would open up. I don't want to sound mean but I feel like pro mx athletes should come over privateers and yes I know they're technically pro mx riders but I kinda feel bad for them having to just barely crank out enough money to race and then take a spot in the top 30 or worse and im not talking guys like Noren who really are fast enough for a factory ride.
mxjon454
10/10/2017 4:24pm
If we are going on a rant about who deserves a ride I would say Mitchell Harrison over JD. Harrison has far out performed JD and...
If we are going on a rant about who deserves a ride I would say Mitchell Harrison over JD. Harrison has far out performed JD and has far more up-side .... but I'm not signing the checks.
Yaa Harrison is in a pretty crappy situation. Thats one reason o dont care for the Star yamaha team. Most of the time in the past they would just dump a rider after 1 year. Harrison improved tremendously this year and they still didn't sogn him to a year extenstion. Why invest all this money and time in a rider, and hes actually improving, to just drop him. Thats why i love a team like TLD KTM. Theyre loyal to their riders and give them time to develop.
Nesc39
10/10/2017 7:55pm
Sorry my bad. Jimmy hasn’t missed a super cross race in almost 4 years and lined up for every mx they gave him. That’s “never” in motocross terms. In reality everyone gets hurt but I was using moto talk. Sorry.
As far as Harrison . He’s never beat jimmy indoors that I’m aware of. Not even close.
mxjon454
10/10/2017 11:36pm
Nesc39 wrote:
Sorry my bad. Jimmy hasn’t missed a super cross race in almost 4 years and lined up for every mx they gave him. That’s “never” in...
Sorry my bad. Jimmy hasn’t missed a super cross race in almost 4 years and lined up for every mx they gave him. That’s “never” in motocross terms. In reality everyone gets hurt but I was using moto talk. Sorry.
As far as Harrison . He’s never beat jimmy indoors that I’m aware of. Not even close.
Harrison is only going into his 3rd year as a pro. And harrison almost won a moto this year and finished 2nd at a national. Jimmy, not even close. I like JimmyD but hes had a lot of chances over the years. I hope he gets one more to prove he can be a podium guy indoors, but comparing a 2nd year pro to a 8 year pro, cmon.

Post a reply to: Jimmy D 2018

The Latest