Jimmy D

Joko
Fantasy
233rd
Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 5:15pm
Just saw this on his Instagram, TV race coverage didn’t mention his crash. Best wishes in healing up Jimmy!

|
hamncheeze
3/11/2018 9:29am
Super bummed for the Rippah. Hope he heals up quick with no issues.
JRT812
3/11/2018 9:44am
Oh man... I was just about to watch the 250 main. Only caught the 450 last night... so bummed
Csb146
3/11/2018 4:19pm
Did I miss it, or did they not even mention him going down at all in the main?
Sully
3/11/2018 4:54pm
Csb146 wrote:
Did I miss it, or did they not even mention him going down at all in the main?
No mention of it at all. It had to be within the first couple of laps, though, because scoring had him as 2 or 3 laps down really early in the race. Mosiman was completely out within the first few laps, too, but they never mentioned what happened to him either.

The Shop

JRT812
3/11/2018 5:25pm
Maybe it didn’t appear to be bad. Jeremy even acted like it wasn’t that bad on the post racer interview
Drtbykr
3/11/2018 5:51pm
I knew he would be fortunate to get top ten there, but that blows.

Broken back with no spinal cord damage. Sketchy stuff and good news.
mb60
3/11/2018 5:58pm
Glad that he is ok but man I don't see the hype in this guy. It's rough for these guys but this dude has had some nice ride with not much results.
JRT812
3/11/2018 7:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2018 7:36pm
mb60 wrote:
Glad that he is ok but man I don't see the hype in this guy. It's rough for these guys but this dude has had some...
Glad that he is ok but man I don't see the hype in this guy. It's rough for these guys but this dude has had some nice ride with not much results.
He is the rippa and that is all that you need to know. That and YouTube a 125 video by him.

In all reality, I agree he has had some good rides... maybe training and seriousness could be questioned at times (which he has admitted) but he is a great dude with potential. He also had some rough stuff come his way as well that has hindered him mentally and physically. Either way he has progressed and is a great guy to pull for in my opinion.

Lastly, yes I am from the southerner that has been on his bandwagon for a moment haha
3/11/2018 7:43pm
I’m a law enforcement officer who was there working the races I was actually posted right where Jimmy D crashed. He took a nose dive on the dragon back right before the finish line right after Mosiman did the same thing. It was a pretty hard hit glad to see he is okay.
Sully
3/11/2018 7:52pm
I’m a law enforcement officer who was there working the races I was actually posted right where Jimmy D crashed. He took a nose dive on...
I’m a law enforcement officer who was there working the races I was actually posted right where Jimmy D crashed. He took a nose dive on the dragon back right before the finish line right after Mosiman did the same thing. It was a pretty hard hit glad to see he is okay.
Thanks for posting. I was actually pretty curious what happened to Mosiman. Here's hoping that both of them heal quick.
KDXGarage
3/11/2018 9:36pm
DAMN! Thanks for posting that. I hate to hear it.

mb60, where did you finish in Saturday night's race. Ohhh, on the couch like the rest of us. Like a major league pitcher, give that arm a couple of days rest from throwing so much shade.
3/11/2018 9:40pm
mb60 wrote:
Glad that he is ok but man I don't see the hype in this guy. It's rough for these guys but this dude has had some...
I guess the podium he got 2 weeks ago means nothing to you.
brocster
3/11/2018 10:07pm
Anyone figure out the average amount of racers we are losing per weekend???
Question
3/12/2018 4:11pm
brocster wrote:
So far I was not even shocked as it is more or less always like that, but now with 2 more who are also seriously injured, yeah, that is tough.

Get well soon everyone !
yz133rider
3/12/2018 4:16pm
brocster wrote:
Question wrote:
So far I was not even shocked as it is more or less always like that, but now with 2 more who are also seriously injured...
So far I was not even shocked as it is more or less always like that, but now with 2 more who are also seriously injured, yeah, that is tough.

Get well soon everyone !
The extent of the injuries is worse than ever. I think this really is a discussion that needs more interest and to be more productive. Cant just keep saying its moto and shit happens, deal with it. We'll be burying riders soon. Cracked vertebrae isnt far off from career or life ending. And too many just shrug that off as commonplace anymore. Shattered pelvis isnt just a broken wrist. Some actual thought and discussion needs to be put into safety.
Lightning78
3/12/2018 4:41pm
I agree these injuries are becoming more and more severe with each passing year....on the flip side does anyone think that maybe more tyan a few broken vertebrae went unchecked back in the 80's and 90's? When I listen to some of Matthes podcasts it seems a few right Racers have actually said that they raced with broken necks Broken Backs Etc and didn't know about it.

When i crashed and broke my T4, T5, and T6 i lost feeling below my waist for about 5 mins and it was the scariest thing ever and i kept telling the hospital staff what had happened plus my sternum was broken in half ....they did xRays and said everything was perfectly fine. I didnt find out until 3 months later that i had broken thos 3 vertebrae and they had healed broken and no kyphoplasty was possible at that point .... Luckily the loss of feeling was from something called an edema in which i "flicked" my spinal cord and bruised it but all has healed up nicely and i try to never think about it when i ride now.

Call me crazy and thats fine but i feel the rash of broken backs/necks has a lot to do with 4 strokes and where they carry the weight of the head so far up in the frame .... Mine was from the infamous "Honda bog" on an 07 CRF250 off the face of a big peak to peak double ...landed on my head no concussion (Thanks Arai)
yz133rider
3/12/2018 5:15pm
I agree these injuries are becoming more and more severe with each passing year....on the flip side does anyone think that maybe more tyan a few...
I agree these injuries are becoming more and more severe with each passing year....on the flip side does anyone think that maybe more tyan a few broken vertebrae went unchecked back in the 80's and 90's? When I listen to some of Matthes podcasts it seems a few right Racers have actually said that they raced with broken necks Broken Backs Etc and didn't know about it.

When i crashed and broke my T4, T5, and T6 i lost feeling below my waist for about 5 mins and it was the scariest thing ever and i kept telling the hospital staff what had happened plus my sternum was broken in half ....they did xRays and said everything was perfectly fine. I didnt find out until 3 months later that i had broken thos 3 vertebrae and they had healed broken and no kyphoplasty was possible at that point .... Luckily the loss of feeling was from something called an edema in which i "flicked" my spinal cord and bruised it but all has healed up nicely and i try to never think about it when i ride now.

Call me crazy and thats fine but i feel the rash of broken backs/necks has a lot to do with 4 strokes and where they carry the weight of the head so far up in the frame .... Mine was from the infamous "Honda bog" on an 07 CRF250 off the face of a big peak to peak double ...landed on my head no concussion (Thanks Arai)
Yes and no about injuries not being diagnosed. Many riders ride thru some crazy injuries still today amd dont report some im sure to stay out there.

And the four strokes and track evolution is definitly a factor. Four strokes offer so much more traction and so much more usable rpms. 250fs are more capable than 125s by far and probably on par or better than 250 2 strokes due to the traction they offer. The 250fs are sending it over some massive obstacles and thats not even talking about the 450s. Offering open class power with traction Thats unreal is allowing some serious obstacles and unseen speeds. All that together with the jumpier and busier tracks with higher speeds gets us to where broken vertebrae is common place and shattered pelvis and laundry list injuries as opposed to just a broken wrist or leg etc.

Post a reply to: Jimmy D

The Latest