Jimmy D

Edited Date/Time 5/6/2013 10:54am
Last place in MX2 qualifying, only completed 8 laps.. Anyone got more info?
|
fader418
5/4/2013 2:57pm
Dang. I was really hoping he would be on pace by now...
moto284
5/4/2013 4:45pm
his stepmom said he went down a few times but it all set for tomorrow
5/4/2013 5:42pm
moto284 wrote:
his stepmom said he went down a few times but it all set for tomorrow
Good to hear, hopfully he is ok and can put in a good ride on Sunday.

The Shop

Glory
5/5/2013 5:09am
Didn't even complete one lap i the first moto
5/5/2013 6:55am
I think Jimmy is in a make or brake situation and i think his mindset on that is getting the better half of him at this moment.

We all know that Jimmy will NOT stay in Europe that is just a clear fact.

The only thing what i'm wondering now is will he go back now and get his head straight for nationals or will he stay in Europe and try to overcome his situation as it is right now.

I hate to say it but this is not working for both rider and team so maybe its time to check everything and make a choice
426Hemi
Fantasy
2747th
5/5/2013 7:10am
Moens_Andy wrote:
I think Jimmy is in a make or brake situation and i think his mindset on that is getting the better half of him at this...
I think Jimmy is in a make or brake situation and i think his mindset on that is getting the better half of him at this moment.

The only thing what i'm wondering now is will he go back now and get his head straight for nationals or will he stay in Europe and try to overcome his situation as it is right now.

I hate to say it but this is not working for both rider and team so maybe its time to check everything and make a choice
Fair point. He needs to either commit or call it a day.....
500guy
5/5/2013 8:07am
Moens_Andy wrote:
I think Jimmy is in a make or brake situation and i think his mindset on that is getting the better half of him at this...

The top 10 in GP's are very talented no doubt but if he can't sort out a top 10 over there he will be lucky to score a top 20 here.

Not bagging on GP's just saying we have more talent farther back in the pack.
sharkey
5/5/2013 8:20am
Moens_Andy wrote:

500guy wrote:
The top 10 in GP's are very talented no doubt but if he can't sort out a top 10 over there he will be lucky to...
The top 10 in GP's are very talented no doubt but if he can't sort out a top 10 over there he will be lucky to score a top 20 here.

exactly the field is weak in mx2 over there right now, nothing like mx1. he should be doing fine. top 10 at the very least
St Ann More
5/5/2013 8:20am
He'll probably go back to America and perform better than he did before he left... seems the trend!
jamma10
5/5/2013 9:43am
500guy wrote:
The top 10 in GP's are very talented no doubt but if he can't sort out a top 10 over there he will be lucky to...

Cant sort out a top 10? He still hasn't finished inside the top 20 yet.
Glory
5/5/2013 11:34am
Moens_Andy wrote:

500guy wrote:

imo the top 10 is better in the states, but I think it is easier, or should I say less difficult? to finish top 20 in USA than in Europe.
DP#201
5/5/2013 1:06pm
Or maybe the World MX 2 field is not so week after all.. This should be a wake up call for every body thinking the World Championchip is some easy junior league.. It is the world championchip, and the guys ind that class are some of the best in the world. I think Decotis had in mind the same as many american has of the GP's he though it would be easy to reach top 10. The GP's are just as compeditive as the Nationals if not more, it is only the top 3-5 guys in MX2/lites that this year is faster in the states. MX1 this year is just as compeditive GP or Nationals.
fader418
5/5/2013 1:45pm
DP#201 wrote:
Or maybe the World MX 2 field is not so week after all.. This should be a wake up call for every body thinking the World...
Or maybe the World MX 2 field is not so week after all.. This should be a wake up call for every body thinking the World Championchip is some easy junior league.. It is the world championchip, and the guys ind that class are some of the best in the world. I think Decotis had in mind the same as many american has of the GP's he though it would be easy to reach top 10. The GP's are just as compeditive as the Nationals if not more, it is only the top 3-5 guys in MX2/lites that this year is faster in the states. MX1 this year is just as compeditive GP or Nationals.
I will admit I am one that always underestimates the GP's...
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
5/5/2013 2:00pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2013 4:03pm
He needs to break out his CR125.
5/5/2013 2:37pm
One thing is sure, with that kind of results, he won't stay long with CLS Kawasaki team...
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
5/5/2013 2:46pm
Jimmy hasn't even been the best motocross rider out there. Just like when tommy weeck got called up to go over there because of one Moto at his home track. Maybe these gp teams should check prior results before they just pick up a guy. Not bagging on either of them. But jimmy is a sx rider not Mx.
jamma10
5/5/2013 2:50pm
Renner153 wrote:
Jimmy hasn't even been the best motocross rider out there. Just like when tommy weeck got called up to go over there because of one Moto...
Jimmy hasn't even been the best motocross rider out there. Just like when tommy weeck got called up to go over there because of one Moto at his home track. Maybe these gp teams should check prior results before they just pick up a guy. Not bagging on either of them. But jimmy is a sx rider not Mx.
I think Mitch Payton suggested him though.

Decotis is a good little rider, he's better than his results are showing but for whatever reason its just not clicking for him.
M-M
5/5/2013 2:53pm
Renner153 wrote:
Jimmy hasn't even been the best motocross rider out there. Just like when tommy weeck got called up to go over there because of one Moto...
If Mitch recommended Jimmy D to CLS. Who's in the wrong?.
St Ann More
5/5/2013 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2013 3:00pm
Renner153 wrote:
These GP teams should check prior results? Mitch played a part in the move, it wasn't purely down to CLS! Jimmy is a SX rider not MX? Whilst he might be a better SX rider, in three injury plagued years Jimmy raced just 28 AMA National motos but scored in 46% of them! You'd expect on one of best European teams and in a class that can't even fill the gate Jimmy would've scored some points by now in the six motos he has contested. Either way, i hope he can turn it around!
Alex
5/5/2013 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2013 3:39pm
It always cracks me up when you here people coming up with this 'weak top 20' line about MX2. MX2 top 20 is incredibly even right now. One week a rider gets a podium the next he's wrong end of the points.

Maybe the lightweight idea comes because of the way Herlings is killing them all right now, but Herlings would kill anyone right now. Remember him lapping Bagget not so long ago? doesn't make Bagget slow it's just the Dutch kid is fast as fuck. His fastest lap of race 2 today was on his 20th lap and it was 5 and a half seconds up on the fastest lap of 2nd place (11 and a half seconds faster than Decotis' fastest lap). Hes ridiculous right now.
ATKpilot99
5/5/2013 3:42pm
Alex wrote:
It always cracks me up when you here people coming up with this 'weak top 20' line about MX2. MX2 top 20 is incredibly even right...
It always cracks me up when you here people coming up with this 'weak top 20' line about MX2. MX2 top 20 is incredibly even right now. One week a rider gets a podium the next he's wrong end of the points.

Maybe the lightweight idea comes because of the way Herlings is killing them all right now, but Herlings would kill anyone right now. Remember him lapping Bagget not so long ago? doesn't make Bagget slow it's just the Dutch kid is fast as fuck. His fastest lap of race 2 today was on his 20th lap and it was 5 and a half seconds up on the fastest lap of 2nd place (11 and a half seconds faster than Decotis' fastest lap). Hes ridiculous right now.
The us vs. them shit does get old. Herlings is killing it in the GPs, but if he came here he'd most likely struggle a bit just like Roczen has. I'm sure Baggett, Tomac etc. would struggle in the GPs as well. It's a tough assignment crossing over either way and Jimmy D is finding that out.
PressPassP
5/5/2013 4:18pm
Moens_Andy wrote:

500guy wrote:

sharkey wrote:
exactly the field is weak in mx2 over there right now, nothing like mx1. he should be doing fine. top 10 at the very least
In reality its not really that weak at all for top 15,many of these guys(who might not be very well known over there) are all progressing and as others move up it makes more places available on some of the faster teams also Herlings is so fast that he can make it look that way,his times were faster than MX1,it's a classic case here of how tough it can be to have a crack at the other series,

That CLS Kawasaki is one of the best rides around,I'd of thought Jimmy would have been getting somewhere by now but things unfortunately don't seem to be falling into place, Brasil next, hopefully he can make some progress
5/6/2013 12:54am
Apparently Decotis has been seen practicing with Tommy Searle and keeping up ish , maybe its just the expectation and race pressure in europe he cant cope with at the moment. Hope it changes, it would be nice to see more yanks attracted to the gps instead of no interest
5/6/2013 2:07am
Alex wrote:
It always cracks me up when you here people coming up with this 'weak top 20' line about MX2. MX2 top 20 is incredibly even right...

ATKpilot99 wrote:
The us vs. them shit does get old. Herlings is killing it in the GPs, but if he came here he'd most likely struggle a bit...
The us vs. them shit does get old. Herlings is killing it in the GPs, but if he came here he'd most likely struggle a bit just like Roczen has. I'm sure Baggett, Tomac etc. would struggle in the GPs as well. It's a tough assignment crossing over either way and Jimmy D is finding that out.
Herlings is killing it in the GPs, but if he came here he'd most likely struggle a bit just like Roczen has. I'm sure Baggett, Tomac etc. would struggle in the GPs as well.

I agree with you but tbh there are plenty of American fans who don't understand that (admittedly some Euros too) because many of them rarely even watch a full GP race. I often go into the comments section following a GP related video on RacerX - and frankly some of the remarks there are just plain ridiculous. The unsurprising truth is that GP riders are especially fast on the GP circuit; they understand the tracks, the format, the bike set-up etc. They are comfortable with every aspect of it. And the same applies to the AMA guys who are faster on the National tracks and under the National system. Anytime a rider transitions from one to the other - he will likely be on the back foot for a certain amount of time. To me that's the only fair and accurate way of looking at it.

With that said I am surprised Jimmy hasn't scored a point yet. I realise he isn't a top rider in America either but he has shown flashes of speed in his career and I would've thought he'd be in the top 20 by now. According to Malin, Lupino (Jimmy's teammate) commented that Jimmy has the speed but fitness is a problem, and Jimmy himself has said that arm pump has also been an issue for him. We all know how debilitating that is. Some of his qualifying times do hint at potentially much better results but something is lost between those and the actual race. I honestly hope he can get it together. I feel he just needs that one moto, that one race to get the ball rolling and build a bit of momentum and confidence.
5/6/2013 3:03am
Renner153 wrote:
M-M wrote:
If Mitch recommended Jimmy D to CLS. Who's in the wrong?.
Apparently mitch is. It's okay to be in the wrong sometimes were all human maybe except RV2
Huckster
5/6/2013 3:59am
If Mitch were a MLB player his batting average would be about .300. He has whiffed plenty of times but .300 career average along with many titles would put you in the HOF......

Jimmy D has NEVER had much success outdoors. I am not sure why that is so hard to comprehend. Heck I wonder if he ever won a NESC moto in their A class?
5/6/2013 4:47am
Huckster wrote:
If Mitch were a MLB player his batting average would be about .300. He has whiffed plenty of times but .300 career average along with many...
If Mitch were a MLB player his batting average would be about .300. He has whiffed plenty of times but .300 career average along with many titles would put you in the HOF......

Jimmy D has NEVER had much success outdoors. I am not sure why that is so hard to comprehend. Heck I wonder if he ever won a NESC moto in their A class?
Absolutely no idea what the MLB stuff is all about but get the sense about Mitch Payton,his records speak volumes and predictions on riders usually play out good

From the talk on here learning about Decotis I understood that most rated him highly and the prospect of him on a PC bike would see him right up there

Also going to race GPs would be a prequel to going PC AMA in 2014
mototrader
5/6/2013 6:08am
I like Jimmy D but hes barely a top 20 guy over here..to think he'd go into the GPs and do something special is kind of silly. Hope he turns it around

Post a reply to: Jimmy D

The Latest