Jimmy Albertson on the Joe Rogan Podcast

2stroked
8/23/2018 8:55pm
MR. X wrote:
Ya ,mainstream ! Then you'll really be apart of something ,it would make the sport so much better if my neighbors and friends knew who was...
Ya ,mainstream ! Then you'll really be apart of something ,it would make the sport so much better if my neighbors and friends knew who was racing this weekend.
2stroked wrote:
....thanks for proving my point. Its always hilarious to come across people terrified of others becoming part of our 'little sport'. god forbid people actually get...
....thanks for proving my point. Its always hilarious to come across people terrified of others becoming part of our 'little sport'. god forbid people actually get interested and buy more bikes, parts, gear, or fill up supercross stadiums.

kind of reminds me of the old rich guys at the country club who lose their mind when someone who isnt one of them shows up one day to play on their precious coveted golf course.
MR. X wrote:
I guess some people just need to feel acceptance of their life choices from a larger group then others . I just know you're gonna be...
I guess some people just need to feel acceptance of their life choices from a larger group then others . I just know you're gonna be the best fan ever , you have such a great attitude and desire to make this sport greater then it ever has been . All those extra fans for you to be apart of.
poor guy you're so threatened by anything ruining your self created bubble of elitism.

Perhaps you'd be better off with competitive basket weaving? Curling isn't very well known either outside of Canada.
tcallahan707
8/24/2018 1:08am
2stroked wrote:
any number of things. More mainstream. Better known to the general public. More interesting. More inviting to people who just might be interested in buying a...
any number of things. More mainstream. Better known to the general public. More interesting. More inviting to people who just might be interested in buying a bike and learning how to ride. Cant tell you how many elitist ego bro assholes have turned people off from our little niche sport from nothing else than their poor attitude.
MR. X wrote:
Ya ,mainstream ! Then you'll really be apart of something ,it would make the sport so much better if my neighbors and friends knew who was...
Ya ,mainstream ! Then you'll really be apart of something ,it would make the sport so much better if my neighbors and friends knew who was racing this weekend.
Guys in 25th place could make a nice living though. That'd be cool for them.
tcallahan707
8/24/2018 1:09am
2stroked wrote:
Once again the vitards come out in force. Most of you stating there are no motocrossers that could fill a 2 or 3 hour time slot...
Once again the vitards come out in force. Most of you stating there are no motocrossers that could fill a 2 or 3 hour time slot are the exact reason why our sport is held back from within. Negative nancy naysayers tire kicking bitter people everywhere.

Rogan has many cliche topics and mannerisms he uses to persuade people into becoming comfortable and opening up on a variety of topics. Which is one of the reasons he is so insanely popular. He transcends genres and different walks of people across the globe.

If you listen to Rogan long enough you'll find that at the core of his JRE podcasts he seeks out people who push the envelope and expand on what is possible throughout the human experience.

We routinely tout ourselves as being the most fit, as participating in the most grueling and demanding sport on the planet requiring the highest level of focus possible. 2nd only to perhaps F1 in terms of focus and mental strength and intensity.

If Rogan could get someone articulate and well spoken from our sport (such as Dungey or Roczen) there is a mile long list of things to discuss. Fitness, training regimes, strength, endurance, PED's (legal and illegal), injuries, mental focus, fatigue, the sheer intensity and physical demand of our sport overall. Life in general outside of racing. Rogan routinely goes over those topics with a wide range of professional athletes from triathletes, to hunters, to NFL players.

I personally think Roczen and his amazing story of his rise to fame, his injuries suffered, and his perseverance in coming back to the top of the sport is nothing short of absolutely riveting.

The only other figure I could think of that would be just as interesting as Roczen would be Doug Henry. Now imagine Rogan getting to sit down with Doug Henry for 3 hours. Id pay for that!
BINGO! The things that make us proud of our sport are most definitely things that others would be interested to learn about.
tcallahan707
8/24/2018 1:16am
I'm shocked there are that many moto dudes who listen to JRE. Any of you guys float? PS. OP, can you explain where the heck this...
I'm shocked there are that many moto dudes who listen to JRE. Any of you guys float?

PS. OP, can you explain where the heck this whole thread came from? Top Jimmy is pretty low on the moto totem pole to be going on Joe Rogan.
I believe he is the biggest podcast right now (I could be full of shit though, I don't remember where I heard that from) I though...
I believe he is the biggest podcast right now (I could be full of shit though, I don't remember where I heard that from)

I though Albertson would make an interesting guest for a few reasons. 1. Being a former pro rider and privateer. 2. I think he has the personality for it. 3. The Ronnie Mac thing is essentially meant to be comedy and Rogan is a comedian so I'd be curious what a professional comedian thinks of it. 4. To give him a proper platform to perform a Luke Bryan cover hahahhaha.

Travis Pastrana would be an awesome guest as well as Ken Roczen but I see Joe Rogan finding more common ground with a guy like Albertson or TP.

Also I think a lot of listeners that don't really know a whole lot about motocross might be inclined to check it out.

I listen to his podcast almost daily while I'm designing stuff for work and am always thinking how cool it would be to have a moto guy on there because his interviewing talents are second to none in my opinion.
I'm all for getting the right current or former pro to go onto Joe Rogan. I think you are correct that many others would find it interesting and Joe is capable of doing a great job. I just disagree that Jimmy is the guy. He would be entertaining, but not the guy I'd want on the Wheaties box per se. Getting in front of Joe would be a big step for our sport, possibly the biggest. He is a great salesman for things he finds interesting. His viewers listen and trust him. He tells it like it is, so I have no doubt moto would come across as cool and badass, because it is.

The Shop

JustMX
8/24/2018 4:38am
I'm shocked there are that many moto dudes who listen to JRE. Any of you guys float? PS. OP, can you explain where the heck this...
I'm shocked there are that many moto dudes who listen to JRE. Any of you guys float?

PS. OP, can you explain where the heck this whole thread came from? Top Jimmy is pretty low on the moto totem pole to be going on Joe Rogan.
I believe he is the biggest podcast right now (I could be full of shit though, I don't remember where I heard that from) I though...
I believe he is the biggest podcast right now (I could be full of shit though, I don't remember where I heard that from)

I though Albertson would make an interesting guest for a few reasons. 1. Being a former pro rider and privateer. 2. I think he has the personality for it. 3. The Ronnie Mac thing is essentially meant to be comedy and Rogan is a comedian so I'd be curious what a professional comedian thinks of it. 4. To give him a proper platform to perform a Luke Bryan cover hahahhaha.

Travis Pastrana would be an awesome guest as well as Ken Roczen but I see Joe Rogan finding more common ground with a guy like Albertson or TP.

Also I think a lot of listeners that don't really know a whole lot about motocross might be inclined to check it out.

I listen to his podcast almost daily while I'm designing stuff for work and am always thinking how cool it would be to have a moto guy on there because his interviewing talents are second to none in my opinion.
I'm all for getting the right current or former pro to go onto Joe Rogan. I think you are correct that many others would find it...
I'm all for getting the right current or former pro to go onto Joe Rogan. I think you are correct that many others would find it interesting and Joe is capable of doing a great job. I just disagree that Jimmy is the guy. He would be entertaining, but not the guy I'd want on the Wheaties box per se. Getting in front of Joe would be a big step for our sport, possibly the biggest. He is a great salesman for things he finds interesting. His viewers listen and trust him. He tells it like it is, so I have no doubt moto would come across as cool and badass, because it is.
"Possibly the biggest" ......really?

Like being on wide world of sports?

Like being on Leno and letterman?

How many actual listeners does Rogan have?

How many people are like me and when they hear "Joe Rogan" they think, "oh, the guy that was on newsradio with Phil Hartman and Andy dick"

Sorry, not trying to hold the sport back or tell the new kid to get off the country club lawn.

I just don't think that having anybody from the sport on jre is going to be the "on any sunday" of the new millenium.
tcallahan707
8/24/2018 4:56am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 6:02am

I'm all for getting the right current or former pro to go onto Joe Rogan. I think you are correct that many others would find it...
JustMX wrote:
"Possibly the biggest" ......really? Like being on wide world of sports? Like being on Leno and letterman? How many actual listeners does Rogan have? How many...

How many people are like me and when they hear "Joe Rogan" they think, "oh, the guy that was on newsradio with Phil Hartman and Andy dick"

Sorry, not trying to hold the sport back or tell the new kid to get off the country club lawn.

I just don't think that having anybody from the sport on jre is going to be the "on any sunday" of the new millenium.
You are welcome to that opinion, even it it appears uninformed. It’s clear that you don’t listen to JRE nor understand his audience. There are probably many on here who think the same of Joe Rogan. I would say that his fan base speaks for itself.

Sure, we can put a guy who rides dirt bikes in front of millions for 5 minutes on Leno, but does that really sell anybody on the sport? They treat it like a circus act. There is no depth. There is no authenticity. There is no story or connection.

Rogan’s audience is engaged. They are open minded and willing to try new things. The long form conversation helps the audience connect and helps the guest really dive deep.

I think he’s big enough that it’s fair to say “POSSIBLY the biggest”.
Kyle_McNab
8/24/2018 5:36am
dirtnapper wrote:
Not trying to be a dick here, but can you explain to me WHY Jimmy would be so awesome on the show? I just don't see...
Not trying to be a dick here, but can you explain to me WHY Jimmy would be so awesome on the show?
I just don't see what's at all interesting about him or his story to understand the purpose of your thread.
( and I really REALLY hope it's not a Ronnie Mac thing......Pinch )
Yup. There is nothing interesting about Albertson and his sense of humour is sort of lame. Even Pastrana might not be that interesting for Joe to...
Yup. There is nothing interesting about Albertson and his sense of humour is sort of lame. Even Pastrana might not be that interesting for Joe to do a podcast with, Joe needs opinionated people he can delve into random shit with.
If Macaulay Culkin was deemed interesting enough for Rogan to do a podcast with....
Right joe interviews some quacks forsure.. idk what with everyone hating on the mx guys. Lots of them have personality ac Ap hill Barcia cooper Osborne etc
gt80rider
8/24/2018 6:24am
Ronnie is more Duncan Trussell material than Rogan....
MR. X
8/24/2018 6:32am

JustMX wrote:
"Possibly the biggest" ......really? Like being on wide world of sports? Like being on Leno and letterman? How many actual listeners does Rogan have? How many...

The last thing i read about that was 30 million downloads a month , i'm not sure what that means for actual listener numbers.
Fourth_Floor
8/24/2018 6:35am

JustMX wrote:

The problem with the Letterman and Leno stuff is it is extremely rushed, scripted and comes off to an average viewer as sort of a circus act. A rushed 5 minute interview sitting beside some snooty celebrity followed by a nac nac in the parking lot isn't enough exposure, in my opinion, to peak a lot of peoples interest in the sport or give them much knowledge about it. The cool thing about podcasts, especially JRE, is there's really no time constraints, nothing is scripted and conversation is no holds barred followed by the fact that Rogan is an incredibly talented interviewer. He has millions of listeners from all over the globe.

I 100% believe having a moto guy on his show would be good for the sport. The fact that there are guys out there who are fast enough to make mains and are LOSING money racing is sickening and I don't think any real fan or rider would argue that.

Another point about the late show stuff is what demographic of people watch the late show nowadays? If someone is going to watch Jimmy Fallon b/c Miley Cyrus is a guest then I doubt they're going to be the type of person who would be interested in motocross. The demographic that follows JRE would be way more likely to take an interest in the sport.

At the rate the sport is going, there are going to be fewer and fewer middle class families that are going to be willing to support their kids dream of trying to make it as a pro rider or want to even get their kid into the sport period. As it stands now, if you're not breaking into the pro scene at 16 or 17 years of age then you're probably not going to make it. At that young age, a future NFL pro who will go on to make millions of dollars is out with friends being a 16 year old kid playing high school football. It's fucked up. The only thing you should be a professional at at 16 is jerking off.
MR. X
8/24/2018 6:44am
The problem with the Letterman and Leno stuff is it is extremely rushed, scripted and comes off to an average viewer as sort of a circus...
The problem with the Letterman and Leno stuff is it is extremely rushed, scripted and comes off to an average viewer as sort of a circus act. A rushed 5 minute interview sitting beside some snooty celebrity followed by a nac nac in the parking lot isn't enough exposure, in my opinion, to peak a lot of peoples interest in the sport or give them much knowledge about it. The cool thing about podcasts, especially JRE, is there's really no time constraints, nothing is scripted and conversation is no holds barred followed by the fact that Rogan is an incredibly talented interviewer. He has millions of listeners from all over the globe.

I 100% believe having a moto guy on his show would be good for the sport. The fact that there are guys out there who are fast enough to make mains and are LOSING money racing is sickening and I don't think any real fan or rider would argue that.

Another point about the late show stuff is what demographic of people watch the late show nowadays? If someone is going to watch Jimmy Fallon b/c Miley Cyrus is a guest then I doubt they're going to be the type of person who would be interested in motocross. The demographic that follows JRE would be way more likely to take an interest in the sport.

At the rate the sport is going, there are going to be fewer and fewer middle class families that are going to be willing to support their kids dream of trying to make it as a pro rider or want to even get their kid into the sport period. As it stands now, if you're not breaking into the pro scene at 16 or 17 years of age then you're probably not going to make it. At that young age, a future NFL pro who will go on to make millions of dollars is out with friends being a 16 year old kid playing high school football. It's fucked up. The only thing you should be a professional at at 16 is jerking off.
Maybe they could just ride for fun .
Moto96
8/24/2018 6:54am
Kyle_McNab wrote:
Right joe interviews some quacks forsure.. idk what with everyone hating on the mx guys. Lots of them have personality ac Ap hill Barcia cooper Osborne...
Right joe interviews some quacks forsure.. idk what with everyone hating on the mx guys. Lots of them have personality ac Ap hill Barcia cooper Osborne etc
LOL No on those.. For 100 reasons.

There is a reason some recurring guests get 3-4 million watches and the same amount on podcast listens. Because they have something to talk about. They arent afraid to piss people off. They don't care what others think. And they don't care who gets butthurt by their comments.

Moto96
8/24/2018 7:16am
2stroked wrote:
Once again the vitards come out in force. Most of you stating there are no motocrossers that could fill a 2 or 3 hour time slot...
Once again the vitards come out in force. Most of you stating there are no motocrossers that could fill a 2 or 3 hour time slot are the exact reason why our sport is held back from within. Negative nancy naysayers tire kicking bitter people everywhere.

Rogan has many cliche topics and mannerisms he uses to persuade people into becoming comfortable and opening up on a variety of topics. Which is one of the reasons he is so insanely popular. He transcends genres and different walks of people across the globe.

If you listen to Rogan long enough you'll find that at the core of his JRE podcasts he seeks out people who push the envelope and expand on what is possible throughout the human experience.

We routinely tout ourselves as being the most fit, as participating in the most grueling and demanding sport on the planet requiring the highest level of focus possible. 2nd only to perhaps F1 in terms of focus and mental strength and intensity.

If Rogan could get someone articulate and well spoken from our sport (such as Dungey or Roczen) there is a mile long list of things to discuss. Fitness, training regimes, strength, endurance, PED's (legal and illegal), injuries, mental focus, fatigue, the sheer intensity and physical demand of our sport overall. Life in general outside of racing. Rogan routinely goes over those topics with a wide range of professional athletes from triathletes, to hunters, to NFL players.

I personally think Roczen and his amazing story of his rise to fame, his injuries suffered, and his perseverance in coming back to the top of the sport is nothing short of absolutely riveting.

The only other figure I could think of that would be just as interesting as Roczen would be Doug Henry. Now imagine Rogan getting to sit down with Doug Henry for 3 hours. Id pay for that!
Nope. Maybe when Roczen is 40. Because after the talk of the crashes and going to the Steadman Clinic, and a story or two about them and if there were any nurses hot enough to bang, First thing Rogan is going to do is delve into healing procedures only approved in other countries, and PEDS and drugs discussions for healing, and then it's conversation over because he'll shut down faster than a lightbulb when you hit the off switch.

Convo would last maybe 15 minutes. If that even.

Hudd_421
8/24/2018 8:02am
RC, MC or Pastrana. Dungey would be the world's worst guest...
MR. X
8/24/2018 8:06am
Tony Alessi would be great entertainment.
Moto96
8/24/2018 8:43am
MR. X wrote:
Tony Alessi would be great entertainment.
Not until he's out of MX. Nobody would be a good guest until then becasue they wouldnt talk about what Rogan wants to talk about.

The world doesn't care about the normal shit. They want to hear the underground, stuff that's not talked about.
For example, when the Bad Boy Gangster from the mean streets of West Linn Oregon is on. Many millions of Views and that many more podcast downloads.

Kyle_McNab
8/24/2018 9:03am
Kyle_McNab wrote:
Right joe interviews some quacks forsure.. idk what with everyone hating on the mx guys. Lots of them have personality ac Ap hill Barcia cooper Osborne...
Moto96 wrote:
LOL No on those.. For 100 reasons. There is a reason some recurring guests get 3-4 million watches and the same amount on podcast listens. Because...
LOL No on those.. For 100 reasons.

There is a reason some recurring guests get 3-4 million watches and the same amount on podcast listens. Because they have something to talk about. They arent afraid to piss people off. They don't care what others think. And they don't care who gets butthurt by their comments.

What ever ... I’ll agree to disagree. Their has been some lame guest with not much to talk about. Roczen and reed would be good interviews

Post a reply to: Jimmy Albertson on the Joe Rogan Podcast

The Latest