Thread title is a little misleading...
jankymike
8/23/2018 10:25am
ga_pike wrote:
Thread title is a little misleading...
I agree, kind of lame when titles are BS
8/23/2018 2:28pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Not trying to be a dick here, but can you explain to me WHY Jimmy would be so awesome on the show? I just don't see...
Not trying to be a dick here, but can you explain to me WHY Jimmy would be so awesome on the show?
I just don't see what's at all interesting about him or his story to understand the purpose of your thread.
( and I really REALLY hope it's not a Ronnie Mac thing......Pinch )
Yup. There is nothing interesting about Albertson and his sense of humour is sort of lame. Even Pastrana might not be that interesting for Joe to do a podcast with, Joe needs opinionated people he can delve into random shit with.
Premixed112
8/23/2018 3:44pm
You guys are such downers sometimes... “Oh, we’re not big enough. Pastrana wouldn’t even be interesting enough. We should just not even bother.” That attitude is the reason why this sport has such a problem growing! No one dreams big.

The Shop

8/23/2018 4:29pm
You guys are such downers sometimes... “Oh, we’re not big enough. Pastrana wouldn’t even be interesting enough. We should just not even bother.” That attitude is...
You guys are such downers sometimes... “Oh, we’re not big enough. Pastrana wouldn’t even be interesting enough. We should just not even bother.” That attitude is the reason why this sport has such a problem growing! No one dreams big.
Seriously.

A good interviewer can make anyone interesting. I guarantee that absolutely every single person involved in this sport from rider to flagger to track snack has an insight people might learn from.

Not saying this is Joe Rogan's responsibility, just saying we shouldn't be so quick to write off our athletes as "boring" in general.
Sully
8/23/2018 5:19pm
Pastrana has too much nervous energy to sit still and talk for 2- 3 hours in my opinion.
I think the only person from the moto community Rogan would interested in talking to would be Eli, but even then, the conversation would probably be dominated by fitness and hunting.
tcallahan707
8/23/2018 5:40pm
I'm shocked there are that many moto dudes who listen to JRE. Any of you guys float?

PS. OP, can you explain where the heck this whole thread came from? Top Jimmy is pretty low on the moto totem pole to be going on Joe Rogan.
tcallahan707
8/23/2018 5:41pm
Sully wrote:
Pastrana has too much nervous energy to sit still and talk for 2- 3 hours in my opinion. I think the only person from the moto...
Pastrana has too much nervous energy to sit still and talk for 2- 3 hours in my opinion.
I think the only person from the moto community Rogan would interested in talking to would be Eli, but even then, the conversation would probably be dominated by fitness and hunting.
Which would be sick.
p3fab
8/23/2018 5:41pm
As a long time listener to jre I think joe would be able to carry a conversation with a few top level guys when it comes to talking about training supplements injury’s and the road back from them. I also think he could shine some lights with a top guy with asking about post career thoughts and the industry with the length of careers. There are a lot of comparisons to the fight world in many ways. I’ve often thought pastrana would be a great guest. I think ken would work as well with coming from Germany.
Has~Been
8/23/2018 5:42pm
He'd be better on the Chip Chipperson Podacast
Ah chippah would definitely probe *The Gay Suzuki Rider* and get to the bottom of this mystery...
Fourth_Floor
8/23/2018 6:03pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Not trying to be a dick here, but can you explain to me WHY Jimmy would be so awesome on the show? I just don't see...
Not trying to be a dick here, but can you explain to me WHY Jimmy would be so awesome on the show?
I just don't see what's at all interesting about him or his story to understand the purpose of your thread.
( and I really REALLY hope it's not a Ronnie Mac thing......Pinch )
Yup. There is nothing interesting about Albertson and his sense of humour is sort of lame. Even Pastrana might not be that interesting for Joe to...
Yup. There is nothing interesting about Albertson and his sense of humour is sort of lame. Even Pastrana might not be that interesting for Joe to do a podcast with, Joe needs opinionated people he can delve into random shit with.
If Macaulay Culkin was deemed interesting enough for Rogan to do a podcast with....
p3fab
8/23/2018 6:07pm
If Macaulay Culkin was deemed interesting enough for Rogan to do a podcast with....
I had high hopes for the episode I wanted the real questions about being around Michael Jackson young I thought I could have been better but Macaulay just kept interupting and talking about nothing
Fourth_Floor
8/23/2018 6:18pm
I'm shocked there are that many moto dudes who listen to JRE. Any of you guys float? PS. OP, can you explain where the heck this...
I'm shocked there are that many moto dudes who listen to JRE. Any of you guys float?

PS. OP, can you explain where the heck this whole thread came from? Top Jimmy is pretty low on the moto totem pole to be going on Joe Rogan.
I believe he is the biggest podcast right now (I could be full of shit though, I don't remember where I heard that from)

I though Albertson would make an interesting guest for a few reasons. 1. Being a former pro rider and privateer. 2. I think he has the personality for it. 3. The Ronnie Mac thing is essentially meant to be comedy and Rogan is a comedian so I'd be curious what a professional comedian thinks of it. 4. To give him a proper platform to perform a Luke Bryan cover hahahhaha.

Travis Pastrana would be an awesome guest as well as Ken Roczen but I see Joe Rogan finding more common ground with a guy like Albertson or TP.

Also I think a lot of listeners that don't really know a whole lot about motocross might be inclined to check it out.

I listen to his podcast almost daily while I'm designing stuff for work and am always thinking how cool it would be to have a moto guy on there because his interviewing talents are second to none in my opinion.
8/23/2018 6:22pm
So you're saying one of the most famous child stars ever who turned his back on Hollywood to live a normal life isn't an interesting enough guy to interview? Nevermind the fact that he is actually pretty smart and can conversate very well unlike most moto guys.
MR. X
8/23/2018 6:29pm
So you're saying one of the most famous child stars ever who turned his back on Hollywood to live a normal life isn't an interesting enough...
So you're saying one of the most famous child stars ever who turned his back on Hollywood to live a normal life isn't an interesting enough guy to interview? Nevermind the fact that he is actually pretty smart and can conversate very well unlike most moto guys.
Did you listen to the podcast ? It sucked.
agn5009
8/23/2018 6:43pm
Jeff Alessi could put on a good show talking about conspiracy theories and the PED epidemic in Moto.
cbuehler767
8/23/2018 6:47pm
Haha!! Wonder how many people know who Chip is on here? I'm a huge Opie and Anthony fan. Jim and Sam's show is pretty good too
cbuehler767
8/23/2018 6:48pm
Has~Been wrote:
Ah chippah would definitely probe *The Gay Suzuki Rider* and get to the bottom of this mystery...
Go on now!
Fourth_Floor
8/23/2018 6:50pm
So you're saying one of the most famous child stars ever who turned his back on Hollywood to live a normal life isn't an interesting enough...
That's exactly what I'm saying.
Sully
8/23/2018 7:38pm
MR. X wrote:
Did you listen to the podcast ? It sucked.
I tried, but I didn't make it beyond about 20 minutes. Couldn't get past Macauley saying "like" every other word. He may have actually had some interesting things to say, but once I focused on "like," that's all I could hear and everything else was just gibberish.
cbuehler767
8/23/2018 7:55pm
jankymike wrote:
Unfortunately Jimmy is of no relevance to the Joe Rogan crowd. Roczen or someone like that would be a better fit but even then we are...
Unfortunately Jimmy is of no relevance to the Joe Rogan crowd. Roczen or someone like that would be a better fit but even then we are pretty niche.
MR. X wrote:
His show is almost 3 hours long ,there is no way that Ken could carry a 3 hour conversation to a crowd that doesn't know him...
His show is almost 3 hours long ,there is no way that Ken could carry a 3 hour conversation to a crowd that doesn't know him . Pastrana could easily fill a 3 hour show with enough content to reach a broad audience.
Rogan had former Mr Olympia Dorian Yates on before. I'm sure he could fill the time talking to an actual high level elite athlete like Ken if he did it with a bodybuilder who's job requires lift weights/inject steroids. Joe is a great interviewer
2stroked
8/23/2018 8:06pm
Once again the vitards come out in force. Most of you stating there are no motocrossers that could fill a 2 or 3 hour time slot are the exact reason why our sport is held back from within. Negative nancy naysayers tire kicking bitter people everywhere.

Rogan has many cliche topics and mannerisms he uses to persuade people into becoming comfortable and opening up on a variety of topics. Which is one of the reasons he is so insanely popular. He transcends genres and different walks of people across the globe.

If you listen to Rogan long enough you'll find that at the core of his JRE podcasts he seeks out people who push the envelope and expand on what is possible throughout the human experience.

We routinely tout ourselves as being the most fit, as participating in the most grueling and demanding sport on the planet requiring the highest level of focus possible. 2nd only to perhaps F1 in terms of focus and mental strength and intensity.

If Rogan could get someone articulate and well spoken from our sport (such as Dungey or Roczen) there is a mile long list of things to discuss. Fitness, training regimes, strength, endurance, PED's (legal and illegal), injuries, mental focus, fatigue, the sheer intensity and physical demand of our sport overall. Life in general outside of racing. Rogan routinely goes over those topics with a wide range of professional athletes from triathletes, to hunters, to NFL players.

I personally think Roczen and his amazing story of his rise to fame, his injuries suffered, and his perseverance in coming back to the top of the sport is nothing short of absolutely riveting.

The only other figure I could think of that would be just as interesting as Roczen would be Doug Henry. Now imagine Rogan getting to sit down with Doug Henry for 3 hours. Id pay for that!
MR. X
8/23/2018 8:09pm
2stroked wrote:
Once again the vitards come out in force. Most of you stating there are no motocrossers that could fill a 2 or 3 hour time slot...
Once again the vitards come out in force. Most of you stating there are no motocrossers that could fill a 2 or 3 hour time slot are the exact reason why our sport is held back from within. Negative nancy naysayers tire kicking bitter people everywhere.

Rogan has many cliche topics and mannerisms he uses to persuade people into becoming comfortable and opening up on a variety of topics. Which is one of the reasons he is so insanely popular. He transcends genres and different walks of people across the globe.

If you listen to Rogan long enough you'll find that at the core of his JRE podcasts he seeks out people who push the envelope and expand on what is possible throughout the human experience.

We routinely tout ourselves as being the most fit, as participating in the most grueling and demanding sport on the planet requiring the highest level of focus possible. 2nd only to perhaps F1 in terms of focus and mental strength and intensity.

If Rogan could get someone articulate and well spoken from our sport (such as Dungey or Roczen) there is a mile long list of things to discuss. Fitness, training regimes, strength, endurance, PED's (legal and illegal), injuries, mental focus, fatigue, the sheer intensity and physical demand of our sport overall. Life in general outside of racing. Rogan routinely goes over those topics with a wide range of professional athletes from triathletes, to hunters, to NFL players.

I personally think Roczen and his amazing story of his rise to fame, his injuries suffered, and his perseverance in coming back to the top of the sport is nothing short of absolutely riveting.

The only other figure I could think of that would be just as interesting as Roczen would be Doug Henry. Now imagine Rogan getting to sit down with Doug Henry for 3 hours. Id pay for that!
Holding motocross back from becoming what actually ?
2stroked
8/23/2018 8:12pm
2stroked wrote:
Once again the vitards come out in force. Most of you stating there are no motocrossers that could fill a 2 or 3 hour time slot...

MR. X wrote:
Holding motocross back from becoming what actually ?
any number of things. More mainstream. Better known to the general public. More interesting. More inviting to people who just might be interested in buying a bike and learning how to ride. Cant tell you how many elitist ego bro assholes have turned people off from our little niche sport from nothing else than their poor attitude.
Gukamonster
8/23/2018 8:16pm
A guy that got 6th a couple of times 10 years ago in a small niche motorsport. No doubt this will have broad appeal to the audience of one of the internet's largest podcast.
MR. X
8/23/2018 8:21pm
2stroked wrote:
any number of things. More mainstream. Better known to the general public. More interesting. More inviting to people who just might be interested in buying a...
any number of things. More mainstream. Better known to the general public. More interesting. More inviting to people who just might be interested in buying a bike and learning how to ride. Cant tell you how many elitist ego bro assholes have turned people off from our little niche sport from nothing else than their poor attitude.
Ya ,mainstream ! Then you'll really be apart of something ,it would make the sport so much better if my neighbors and friends knew who was racing this weekend.
agn5009
8/23/2018 8:25pm
2stroked wrote:

I would pay to hear a podcast with Doug Henry as well. It sure would be cool to have any of the legends on the talk show.
2stroked
8/23/2018 8:26pm
2stroked wrote:
any number of things. More mainstream. Better known to the general public. More interesting. More inviting to people who just might be interested in buying a...
MR. X wrote:
Ya ,mainstream ! Then you'll really be apart of something ,it would make the sport so much better if my neighbors and friends knew who was...
Ya ,mainstream ! Then you'll really be apart of something ,it would make the sport so much better if my neighbors and friends knew who was racing this weekend.
....thanks for proving my point. Its always hilarious to come across people terrified of others becoming part of our 'little sport'. god forbid people actually get interested and buy more bikes, parts, gear, or fill up supercross stadiums.

kind of reminds me of the old rich guys at the country club who lose their mind when someone who isnt one of them shows up one day to play on their precious coveted golf course.
MR. X
8/23/2018 8:36pm
2stroked wrote:
MR. X wrote:
Ya ,mainstream ! Then you'll really be apart of something ,it would make the sport so much better if my neighbors and friends knew who was...
2stroked wrote:
....thanks for proving my point. Its always hilarious to come across people terrified of others becoming part of our 'little sport'. god forbid people actually get...
....thanks for proving my point. Its always hilarious to come across people terrified of others becoming part of our 'little sport'. god forbid people actually get interested and buy more bikes, parts, gear, or fill up supercross stadiums.

kind of reminds me of the old rich guys at the country club who lose their mind when someone who isnt one of them shows up one day to play on their precious coveted golf course.
I guess some people just need to feel acceptance of their life choices from a larger group then others . I just know you're gonna be the best fan ever , you have such a great attitude and desire to make this sport greater then it ever has been . All those extra fans for you to be apart of.

Post a reply to: Jimmy Albertson on the Joe Rogan Podcast

The Latest