Jim Holley on WTS comments on Race Day Live..

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2021 7:05 AM

Jim Holley said on The Whiskey Throttle show that he withdrew from RDL this season but wants to come back when racing is back to normal. He’s worried that they might realize they can do the show for half the production cost and might not be willing to pay his fee. He’s not willing to do it for less obviously.

Please bring Holley back. The show is half the show without Jim Holley. Dude is a legend.

|

4/10/2021 7:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2021 7:15 AM

I love Jim Holley, but if that’s the reason he didn’t come back, then bye and happy retirement. If he had agreed to whatever salary they were willing to pay him, it’s more money than he’s making now. How much is he making sitting on the couch? Is he pulling a Pourcel here? That just tells me he was there for money, not the love of the sport. The new guy isn’t bad. I kind of like him.

|

4/10/2021 7:15 AM

Been listening to Uncle Jim on race day for 20 years, bring him back

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

4/10/2021 7:18 AM

Racer_336 wrote:

I love Jim Holley, but if that’s the reason he didn’t come back, then bye and happy retirement. If he had agreed to whatever ...more

Pretty much everyone goes to their place of employment for the money. It’s not a revolutionary new form of thought.

|

4/10/2021 7:29 AM

I do believe Holley owns a bunch of rental properties, that was his investment from his racing days. So I rather doubt it's a matter of him needing the money vice not willing to work for free (or almost free once all the costs are added up). He can afford to sit on the couch, or if you asked him he would tell you "out working on his rentals".

I miss Holley on RDL and hope he's back next year.

|

2018 KX450F
2005 KX250
2003 KDX 220
1984 KX 80
1982 RM 80
1980 RM 80
1977 XR 75
1969 Honda Mini 50

4/10/2021 7:42 AM

If you listened to the WTS, Holley told RDL he would take a 50% pay cut to continue to do the show this year.
Would you take a 50% pay cut to stay at your job?
I think it’s pretty obvious he WANTED to do it.
#bringjimback
RDL needs more Hollywood!

|

4/10/2021 7:47 AM

Half the show without him? More like 1/1000th of the show without him IMO.

RDL sucks balls without him. Bring him back.

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

4/10/2021 8:04 AM

Racer_336 wrote:

I love Jim Holley, but if that’s the reason he didn’t come back, then bye and happy retirement. If he had agreed to whatever ...more

Mcflurry98 wrote:

Pretty much everyone goes to their place of employment for the money. It’s not a revolutionary new form of thought.

Of course they do, BUT do you take a job you HATE for a lot of money or a job you LOVE for decent money?

As of right now Jim is watching from the couch with a 100% pay cut. That’s all I’m saying.

|

4/10/2021 8:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2021 8:48 AM

Racer_336 wrote:

Well then you can probably just tell your employer that you don't need any money, you will do your job for the love of it.

When it comes time to pay your bills, you can just tell your creditors that you don't have money for them, you are doing your job for the love of it.

Jim Holley is a 60 year old man who has invested his money wisely.

He doesn't need the job.

|

4/10/2021 9:10 AM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

Half the show without him? More like 1/1000th of the show without him IMO.

RDL sucks balls without him. Bring him back.

Stop it.....you just miss watching him rip up the 'Dunes on his yellow and black Yamaha, in that faded yellow Yamaha jersey..............or is that me?!?!?! LOL, I Love Jim, he's always been a great interview, and I think is even better now then he was back then!

And every time I see your screen name, I think back to that track and the beautiful trees all around it--man, that was THE PLACE to be in the late '70s and early '80s!!!!! Even though I raced more on the International track, I always loved the Shadow Glen track, especially in the heat of the summer!

|

4/10/2021 9:25 AM

Graybeard wrote:

Stop it.....you just miss watching him rip up the 'Dunes on his yellow and black Yamaha, in that faded yellow Yamaha ...more

Jim always had some of my favorite magazine covers!

....and yes. Shadow Glen was my favorite track at the Dunes. Memory lane VVVVVV

Photo

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

4/10/2021 10:09 AM

Jim is great on RDL not the least because he cared about what was happening on the track during qualifying.

|

4/10/2021 11:51 AM

Questioning Jim Holley's love of sport? Ha! That's the funniest thing I've read in a while.

|

4/10/2021 11:56 AM

Racer_336 wrote:

Brent wrote:

Well then you can probably just tell your employer that you don't need any money, you will do your job for the love of it.

...more

How does that even make sense? They were offering to pay him vs. he’s not getting paid at all now. How is no job income better than A job income? 🤔

|

4/10/2021 12:57 PM

I could keep my business open 7 days a week but the extra income wouldn't equal the quality of life of having a day or two off for me and my employees.
Seems you could be working right now instead of posting on Vital. Some money coming in is better than none, right?

|

4/10/2021 2:18 PM

Racer_336 wrote:

Brent wrote:

...more

Racer_336 wrote:

How does that even make sense? They were offering to pay him vs. he’s not getting paid at all now. How is no job income better ...more

You are just a troll! Move along!

|

4/10/2021 3:55 PM

Racer_336 wrote:

Brent wrote:

...more

Racer_336 wrote:

How does that even make sense? They were offering to pay him vs. he’s not getting paid at all now. How is no job income better ...more

Because he doesn’t have to work most likely.

|

4/10/2021 4:15 PM

I just hope we get Hollywood back on the show. To lose him would be a huge L. I trust Blair will work hard to get Uncle Jim back in the booth.

|

4/10/2021 5:59 PM

I really like Blair as a commentator but I don't even watch RDL anymore.

It's like when they made Dumb and Dumber without Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels and expected it to be a sequel people would want to watch.

|

4/10/2021 7:07 PM

I absolutely agree with the OP, 100%!

|

4/11/2021 6:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2021 6:50 AM

Wow. I watched the first half and listened to the 2nd half.

What a difference when watching vs listening to Jim Holley. So many facial expressions / hand gestures that get missed when you’re listening.

That contrast helps to explain the Uncle Jim mystique. Some amazing stories (best seen on the YouTube version) which helps to explain the void on RDL today.

Great show. (we’ve all had a bubbles or a gas shower in our life a time or two! 🤣)

|

4/11/2021 10:53 AM

Jim absolutely does NOT need the money. Between his real estate investments and residual checks from his stunt work, he’s still pulling in more every month than most. He was smarter with his winnings than anybody I’ve ever met in this sport. He did RDL because he loved it, but at a point you feel like you’re being taken advantage of. I hope they see his value and bring him back, an I understand if he doesn’t do the job for half the money.

|

4/11/2021 11:13 AM

I’m not a big fan of the replacement guy!

|

4/11/2021 4:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2021 4:04 PM

David, Jim, This WTS interview has been the best so far. In my humble opinion. Great stories. Understanding sense of the world. Jim comes across as a curious, enthusiastic, down to earth good human.

I suspect most moto guys identify with the folks you interview. In more ways than one. When I hear Jim, or others, mention school, attention span and ADD tendencies, I immediately think we are birds of a feather. We did not all achieve the same levels of Moto-success, but it seems we are mostly cut from the similar cloth.

Thanks.

|

4/11/2021 4:08 PM

Another amazing WTS! Ping you are flat out killing it. WTS is my favorite podcast now.

|

4/11/2021 4:59 PM

dpingree101 wrote:

Jim absolutely does NOT need the money. Between his real estate investments and residual checks from his stunt work, he’s ...more

What !!! you mean Racer- 336 doesn't know what he's talking about again, what a shock. laughing

|

Ed Johnson

4/11/2021 5:23 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

What !!! you mean Racer- 336 doesn't know what he's talking about again, what a shock. laughing

laughing laughing
|

4/12/2021 5:08 AM

Racer_336 wrote:

Brent wrote:

...more

Racer_336 wrote:

It's called having Fuck You money. I'm not saying Holley is anything close to being a Wall Street billionaire but in his world he has fuck you money and when they want him to fly all over the country for a big pay cut he can just say Fuck You. That is perhaps the best feeling in the entire world. Calling your own shots.

Perhaps one of the worst feelings in the world is having an employer call you back to work and offer you a huge pay cut but you're so desperately in need of money you have no choice but to take it up the ass and do the same job for less.

Bravo Jim Holley!!! Bravo!!!! Enjoy the couch!

|