Jettster

motomike137
So I see a Vital post about Jett on my Facebook feed yesterday and I make a comment about how I think the media needs to pump the brakes a little before anointing him. I think the kid is awesome but we've seen the hype train derail in the past. Mike Alessi and Adam come quickly to mind. So anyways you'd have thought I insulted his mother and called him a no talent hack for christ sakes, lol. I've been informed that "real" Supercross fans know his story and "what kind" of kid he is. I was accused of being salty when I pointed out that he hasn't won anything yet and managed to take himself out his first SX series in short order. Sheesh! I hope he comes back and turns into a human highlight film in a good way Wink
|
zehn
1/24/2020 10:12am
Sounds like you're pretty salty about some BS that happened on social media
motomike137
1/24/2020 10:34am
zehn wrote:
Sounds like you're pretty salty about some BS that happened on social media
Haha! Maybe?
zehn
1/24/2020 10:41am
Haha! Maybe?
I try and ignore most people on FB etc. because all they want to do is tell you how stupid and clueless you are. Better to keep your distance from the pile of shit Cool

The Shop

TSCHAM101
1/24/2020 11:02am
hes the real deal.. if you have ever seen him ride in person.. its kind of insane what he can do at such a young age...

but yes.. he did crash out of his first win.. and i dont think AC ever lost his hype... everybody knew he was fast as balls, he just had to grow into his body/riding technique/style because he grew so much since he turned pro..

Jett reminds me of a mix of AC and Ken Roczen.
aeffertz
1/24/2020 11:08am
Just guessing but maybe people gave you flack because in the midst of them saying how impressive he’s been, you’re only focused on the negative aspects of his career? “Come back to me when he’s won something” is a stupid outlook to have when there’s a rookie looking good and you’re becoming a fan of and enjoy seeing improve.

He’s been looking really good as a rookie and at 16 years old, that’s enough to be pumped about. His story is nothing like Mike Alessi’s or AC’s so that’s a bad comparison. Hopefully this post doesn’t cause you to make another dear diary post somewhere else. Just arguing the other side of your argument. Grinning
motomike137
1/24/2020 1:30pm
aeffertz wrote:
Just guessing but maybe people gave you flack because in the midst of them saying how impressive he’s been, you’re only focused on the negative aspects...
Just guessing but maybe people gave you flack because in the midst of them saying how impressive he’s been, you’re only focused on the negative aspects of his career? “Come back to me when he’s won something” is a stupid outlook to have when there’s a rookie looking good and you’re becoming a fan of and enjoy seeing improve.

He’s been looking really good as a rookie and at 16 years old, that’s enough to be pumped about. His story is nothing like Mike Alessi’s or AC’s so that’s a bad comparison. Hopefully this post doesn’t cause you to make another dear diary post somewhere else. Just arguing the other side of your argument. Grinning
Not focused on the negative at all. This is where communicating on the interweb falls short. I think the kid is great. I just the media gets ahead of itself. Just like the thread on here where someone wanted to proclaim him the greatest 16 year old ever. To me that is premature.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
1/24/2020 1:56pm
So I see a Vital post about Jett on my Facebook feed yesterday and I make a comment about how I think the media needs to...
So I see a Vital post about Jett on my Facebook feed yesterday and I make a comment about how I think the media needs to pump the brakes a little before anointing him. I think the kid is awesome but we've seen the hype train derail in the past. Mike Alessi and Adam come quickly to mind. So anyways you'd have thought I insulted his mother and called him a no talent hack for christ sakes, lol. I've been informed that "real" Supercross fans know his story and "what kind" of kid he is. I was accused of being salty when I pointed out that he hasn't won anything yet and managed to take himself out his first SX series in short order. Sheesh! I hope he comes back and turns into a human highlight film in a good way Wink
Stay off social media, just come here and hit up Nerd for a good argument that will never end.
RAD60
1/24/2020 2:05pm
Are you crazy !!! Common sence is not allowed on the internet machine !!!
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
1/24/2020 2:06pm
I agree I think everyone is crowning this kid early. Did he look great, yeah, a fair amount of kids have when they first turn pro. Dungey won his first sx i believe, Canard won his first 3 I think.
linker48x
1/24/2020 5:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2020 5:22pm
Jett is certainly a fast 16 year old, he controlled the race until he fell and gave up the lead, but he looked really, really sketchy after he fell the first time, and it was obvious it was just a matter of time until he crashed again, and he did. He just let it get to him this time, when he could have settled for second and gone home healthy and happy, and lined up next week. He will win a lot of races in the future, no doubt, and he is obviously a nice kid with a great future, but there are lots of other riders who have actually won pro races--Supercross and AMA Nationals-- at age 16. Marty Tripes won the 1972 Supercross--I was there, I think they called it the Super Bowl of Motocross that year-- and "But if you're talking guys who have won ama pro races early, RJ, Lechien, Kyle Lewis, Pastrana and Stewy all won ama pro races at 16. Stewy was the youngest to win followed by Pastrana and Lewis." https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Whos-the-youngest-rider-… and Damon Bradshaw won a supercross in Canada at age 15 https://racerxonline.com/2012/03/22/this-week-in-yamaha-history-bradsha… And, just for giggles, it looks like Lechien did it on a nearly stock bike https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/How-crazy-would-it-be-if…
Fourth_Floor
1/24/2020 5:30pm
aeffertz wrote:
Just guessing but maybe people gave you flack because in the midst of them saying how impressive he’s been, you’re only focused on the negative aspects...

This^

Negative Nancy
SEE ARE125
1/24/2020 6:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2020 6:40pm
I agree on both sides. How he held on to all that crazy shit before the crash is a true testament to his talent. A lesser man would’ve surely ate shit wheelying up the dragon’s back. Jett is unreal, however I do think people need to lay off the high praise and hype. Not so much because he doesn’t deserve it, he’s phenomenal rider with a good head on his shoulders, but at the end of the day he’s a 16 year old kid and that’s A LOT of pressure and hype to try and live up to. Let him come into his own on his own time and let’s not put so much pressure on him to fill our expectations of greatness.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
1/24/2020 7:01pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I agree on both sides. How he held on to all that crazy shit before the crash is a true testament to his talent. A lesser...
I agree on both sides. How he held on to all that crazy shit before the crash is a true testament to his talent. A lesser man would’ve surely ate shit wheelying up the dragon’s back. Jett is unreal, however I do think people need to lay off the high praise and hype. Not so much because he doesn’t deserve it, he’s phenomenal rider with a good head on his shoulders, but at the end of the day he’s a 16 year old kid and that’s A LOT of pressure and hype to try and live up to. Let him come into his own on his own time and let’s not put so much pressure on him to fill our expectations of greatness.
Forgot where I heard it but they said after he fell the first time he got dirt stuck in the throttle causing it to stick, hence al the whiskey throttle and buckwild rides he took trying to finish the race. Kind of makes it even gnarlier knowing that now.
Chance1216
1/24/2020 8:11pm
Jett went down swinging till the very end is what I saw. Any rider that races with that much heart, deserves the utmost respect.

Post a reply to: Jettster

The Latest