Jetts race management

Related:
Create New Tag

6/6/2022 1:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2022 1:28 AM

In the second moto all 16 of Jetts laps were within 1.1seconds. Looked like jett picked a speed he could ride without gassing and hit the same lap time lap after lap. That's crazy consistency.

Photo

|

6/6/2022 2:21 AM

If he can stay healthy, he’s going to dominate the sport for quite a while. I hope he finds the right time to move up to 450s.

|

KTM OneTwoFive for now, on the Stark next year

6/6/2022 3:35 AM

Veteran race craft with phenom speed. Good luck everyone.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

6/6/2022 3:40 AM

When did "race craft" become a saying? Also "kits?" Both are so lame. Damn I miss the old days

|

6/6/2022 3:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2022 3:55 AM

It's been around in the circuit / car world for years where it is more of a deal as passing in cars *can be* (obviously not always, nothing to be offended over, we all like two wheels) a bit trickier with less space and smaller gaps,

I hadn't heard it much in Motocross until recently, it' sounds cheesy for sure but we all know what's meant by it, the skill to go fast and the skill to race well against other equally fast dudes are often quite different things.

|

6/6/2022 5:40 AM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

When did "race craft" become a saying? Also "kits?" Both are so lame. Damn I miss the old days

I’m not into “kits” but race craft makes sense.. people like Webb are the perfect example of great race craft..
I just wanna know where the “marks” are Ricky wants everyone to hit 🤣

|

6/6/2022 6:50 AM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

you forgot "colorway" "sporty" and "learning lesson ".

|

6/6/2022 7:07 AM

pretty sure "kits" is a euro thing. Colorway does bother me and I'm only 25. Haha

|

6/6/2022 9:19 AM

#434 wrote:

If he can stay healthy, he’s going to dominate the sport for quite a while. I hope he finds the right time to move up to 450s. ...more

"the right time" is 2024. He doesn't have a choice. Unless they move him up for outdoors next year.

|

6/6/2022 9:49 AM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

"Race craft" is how you manage your race.
If you go balls out until you hit a wall, and drop anchor, then your race craft needs work.

In cars it might be saving fuel or tires for later in the race.
It's a term that has been around a long time, just maybe not so much in moto.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

6/6/2022 10:51 AM

Unrealistic.. but it'd be cool to see him have a short 250 career in MXGP. Then come back to 450s over here and then back to 450 MXGP after a couple years.
Wouldn't make much sense but i'd be entertained 😂

|

6/6/2022 10:59 AM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

Would it make you feel better if it was called "race strategy" ?

I can understand not liking "kits" and "colorways" but "race craft" seems like a pretty damn accurate description of what they are doing....

Or do you just think that there is no "craft" or "strategy" and they just try to go WFO the entire time without thinking about anything?

|

6/6/2022 11:10 AM

He just kept "hitting his marks"

|

6/6/2022 11:31 AM

mx313 wrote:

In the second moto all 16 of Jetts laps were within 1.1seconds. Looked like jett picked a speed he could ride without gassing ...more

The bad thing for the competition is his "safe consistent" speed is faster than the rest of the field. There is only one guy in America that can match and beat him and he is out injured for the year. This year along with being injured and missing rounds/not being 100% last year and I don't think we will ever get a Jett v JMart battle with both at their bests.

|

Florida Trail Riders Area 4 Director
Volusia/Flagler Counties

6/6/2022 11:40 AM

I know it's unlikely to happen, but I think it would be cool to put him and Hunta on the 450 opposite coast next year to get their feet wet in supercross and then put the Jett on it outdoors next year.

|

6/6/2022 11:43 AM

That is really consistent!! Not even a moderate mistake that might cause him to drop 2 seconds. Just smooth as glass.

|

6/6/2022 11:49 AM

Dude is on another level. Would love to see him be the first 3 time 250 National Champ since RV did it. Chase in his prime vs Jett is gunna be a treat

|

6/6/2022 12:30 PM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

Elvis moves his hips too much!

|

6/6/2022 2:35 PM

You can't teach this, this comes from within. Photo

|

6/6/2022 3:00 PM

Like mentioned, the term “race craft” has been around a while, but for moto specifically it seems like the term “race craft” came along about the time all the kids began living at training facilities and started losing… race craft.

|

6/6/2022 3:22 PM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

add "program".

Jett does make it look easy.

|

6/6/2022 6:53 PM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

Photo
|

6/6/2022 6:55 PM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

yaa borther

|

6/6/2022 6:57 PM

Rotaholic wrote:

Bullshit..you can teach it.

|

"the socks stay on"

6/6/2022 7:01 PM

All the haters can hate, but the kid is a stud. Reminded me of Jordan when he put up like 50 points in the NBA playoffs while having a bad flu..

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

6/6/2022 11:15 PM

TXDirt wrote:

That is really consistent!! Not even a moderate mistake that might cause him to drop 2 seconds. Just smooth as glass.

Looking more closely.
6 of the last 7 laps were within 0.1 seconds.

|

6/6/2022 11:17 PM

Hudd_421 wrote:

Dude is on another level. Would love to see him be the first 3 time 250 National Champ since RV did it. Chase in his prime vs ...more

If he wins this year, I don’t think he‘ll stick around in 250s any longer. Maybe another year 250SX, but not MX.
His impeccable riding style is made for the big bike.

|

6/7/2022 12:36 AM

Rotaholic wrote:

MyBobbym wrote:

Bullshit..you can teach it.

How?

|

6/7/2022 1:39 AM

Hudd_421 wrote:

Dude is on another level. Would love to see him be the first 3 time 250 National Champ since RV did it. Chase in his prime vs ...more

#434 wrote:

If he wins this year, I don’t think he‘ll stick around in 250s any longer. Maybe another year 250SX, but not MX.
His ...more

Pretty sure the rumours are he is 100% doing 450s outdoors in 2023. And Kenny will be sx only for Honda in 23.
Jett and Hunter will do 250 sx. And chance hymas will go pro when 250 mx starts.
I would like to see jett race 450 sx at the 1st 4-5 rounds next year if it goes well stay 450s if it doesn't he can drop back to 250 when it goes east. And hymas should just race 250 east with no expectations regardless or where jett is.

|

6/7/2022 2:18 AM

Hudd_421 wrote:

#434 wrote:

His ...more

mx313 wrote:

Pretty sure the rumours are he is 100% doing 450s outdoors in 2023. And Kenny will be sx only for Honda in 23.
Jett and Hunter ...more

Yeah, that makes sense. I hope too he does a couple of 450 SX races on the opposite coast. Few years ago that was common, now everybody’s afraid to get hurt.

|