Jett vs the rest

Related:
Create New Tag

6/19/2022 4:01 AM

I'm not here trying to suck jett off but I think it's interesting at his young age he almost has the same amount of overall wins as every other 250 rider combined (not including jmart who has more then them all including jett)
High point was Jetts 9ths career win.
I think the rest of the field have 10
Jett 9

J-coop 4
Rj 3
Hunter 1
Swoll 1
Forkner 1
Mosiman 0
Shimoda 0
=10

Jmart has 20.

|

6/19/2022 4:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/19/2022 3:42 PM

Yeah that is interesting when you look at the numbers side by side, how quickly the wins have stacked for Jett.

Along the same lines, it's always blown me away that Jeremy Martin is older than Roczen, and around the same age as Anderson and Tomac.

|

6/19/2022 4:15 AM

....you can't blow Jett, he is across the big pond racing in America but you can stab a dougnut if you want to.

Jett and Hunter are both phenomenal riders and the 2nd moto yesterday was a righteous testament to that. Definitely in a class of their own.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/19/2022 7:24 AM

Yep, the best part was them dropping Cooper like an anchor in the ocean in moto 1. I would love to see someone else in the mix though, but that might be a tough ask. I think Mosiman can be close with a start and/or not falling.

|

6/19/2022 7:26 AM

I will rewatch that moto for many yrs. i have a feeling. Hell maybe the whole day. Maybe this whole season lol. So far it’s delivered. Love guys with fight.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

6/19/2022 7:34 AM

Jett has just a tiny little edge over Hunter. On a certain track here or there that could flip... But expect Jett to bring it home.

The better question is Jett and Hunter versus Vialle and Geerts...

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

With ZachO retired, it's JA21 and AP for me...

TG243 fan!

6/19/2022 7:45 AM

smoothwakey wrote:

Yeah that is interesting when you look at the numbers side by side, how quickly the wins have stacked for Jett.

Along the ...more

It should blow you away because Anderson and tomac are older than him

|

6/19/2022 8:13 AM

While those two brothers are bad dudes on dirt bikes, I really wish there were more legit contenders in the series. The only thing that gave the other riders a shot so far this season is the Lawrence brothers getting sick. Aside from that, they have the entire field covered like a blanket.

|

6/19/2022 9:37 AM

They put a lot of time on JCoop. He’s coming back from injury but definitely looked racy early and then it was just metronome riding from the brothers. Clinical really.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/19/2022 9:40 AM

What I really took away from yesterdays race, aside from the obvious, is that Hunter has more speed than anyone gave him credit for coming into his HRC ride. I think that Jett has a bit of an edge, but Hunter is capable of running that pace as well, as he showed us. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the series goes.

I think Hunter will steal a few Moto wins and maybe even an overall, but I wouldn't count Jett out for the 12-0 sweep

|

2022 MC350 - the daily
2004 RM144 - The princess
2003 RM250 - Play Bike

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Bike-Builds,46/2004-RM-Corona-build,1374304?exclusive_forum_user=false&page=3

6/19/2022 11:10 AM

TbonesPop wrote:

While those two brothers are bad dudes on dirt bikes, I really wish there were more legit contenders in the series. The only ...more

With a 2 week break now, will the beatings get worse with health Lawrence brothers.?

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

6/19/2022 11:25 AM

I definitely pull for Jett more but it's great to see the success Hunter is having. He's was getting pretty much written off with how poorly he looked at sx initially and he couldn't stay healthy. He was thought of as a throw in as a way for Honda to sign Jett

|

6/19/2022 11:29 AM

Seems like the closest competition are all missing a piece they need to stay close to the Lawrence brothers. Mosiman and RJ could have a decent shot with less crashes/mistakes, JCoop with more 2nd half moto speed, Jo with more 1st half moto speed. Lawrence’s don’t really seem to have the weaknesses of the guys with the potential to beat them.

|

6/19/2022 11:31 AM

Jett is a cut above everyone in the 250's if ever just so slightly ahead of his brother. Justin is awesome with one of his customary great starts but he doesn't seem to go forward through the pack all that well. The 250 title is Jett's to lose imho.

|

6/19/2022 3:41 PM

Cygrace74 wrote:

It should blow you away because Anderson and tomac are older than him

Bad googling on my part, thanks for correcting. They are all within approx 6months though, Tomac Nov 92, Anderson Feb 93 and Martin May 93.

|

6/19/2022 8:58 PM

TbonesPop wrote:

While those two brothers are bad dudes on dirt bikes, I really wish there were more legit contenders in the series. The only ...more

captmoto wrote:

With a 2 week break now, will the beatings get worse with health Lawrence brothers.?

A betting man would say yes, fo sho

|

6/20/2022 5:21 AM

Hunter is finally healthy. If not for his previous health issues (autoimmune/allergy related I believe), he might already be riding a 450. Jett seems just a little faster, but Hunter is 4 years older and certainly physically stronger.

|

6/20/2022 5:47 AM

You also have to keep in mind, the family's plan was that Jett would be better, initially. He learned from Hunter's mistakes, and now Hunter has to play catch up (now that he's recovered from injuries and health issues).

I think Jett has more bike skills than Hunter, but I would bet that Hunter has more grit. The most exciting part ? We have years left of them going at it like this !

|

6/20/2022 3:15 PM

I just hope they both transition to 450s at a high level like Sexton has. Both fast, both humble, not a big Honda guy but dang they can scoot

|

6/20/2022 6:13 PM

mx313 wrote:

I'm not here trying to suck jett off but I think it's interesting at his young age he almost has the same amount of overall ...more

Those stats are a double edged sword though. It also shows the level of riders they are beating. They are the best 250 riders over here. Zero doubt about that so don’t get out the pitchforks (I’m openly rooting for Hunter so calm down). But they are beating an undeniably weak and unaccomplished field.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

6/20/2022 6:30 PM

mx313 wrote:

I'm not here trying to suck jett off but I think it's interesting at his young age he almost has the same amount of overall ...more

FlaNard wrote:

Those stats are a double edged sword though. It also shows the level of riders they are beating. They are the best 250 riders ...more

as soon as there is 2 riders who are dominating.. its considered a weak field.
its never just 2 riders far better than the rest of the feild.
the top 5 riders have speed, but they cant put it all together and make simple mistakes.
when it was the East VS West Shoot out in SX it wasnt a weak field?

when it was RC4 and CR22 battling every week, it was never said a weak field. Just front 2 far better than every one else.

|

6/20/2022 7:57 PM

mx313 wrote:

FlaNard wrote:

Those stats are a double edged sword though. It also shows the level of riders they are beating. They are the best 250 riders ...more

deanwhite51 wrote:

its never just 2 riders far better than the ...more

It’s a weak field. Someone won those races over these guys before. The races took place and the current class won less of those combined than Jett has already. The alpha’s beat these guys before and Jett and Hunter are the new alpha’s.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

6/20/2022 8:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/20/2022 8:52 PM

deanwhite51 wrote:

its never just 2 riders far better than the ...more

When it was RC and CR, yes people said it was a weak field - because outside those two, it was. When RC went 24-0, people said it was a weak field, because it was. Not taking anything away from RC. When JS went 24-0, people said it was a weak field - and it was. Not to take anything away from JS. Many times in the past has it been a weak field, and people said so. Outside of the Lawrence brothers, it honestly does look like a weak field. What rider in the current field outside of those two look like they have legit potential as a 450 champion in MX or SX? I can't name one rider. Right now, once ET, KR, and JA all retire, this is going to be the Sexton and Lawrence brothers show in the 450s. Things look bright for Honda. I do see DF14 being a serious contender after some thought, had forgotten about him given his injury. Coop will be in the mix in SX, but not seeing it outdoors. I just don't see any other riders in the 250 ranks that have the talent the Lawrence brothers have. Now, when Sexton was a 250f rider I wouldn't have thought he would be what he has turned into as a 450 rider, so maybe someone will develop like he has. Right now, I'm just not seeing it. Gonna be a Honda show (Sexton and Lawrence Brothers) + Coop and DF14.

|

6/20/2022 9:43 PM

Dan541 wrote:

You also have to keep in mind, the family's plan was that Jett would be better, initially. He learned from Hunter's mistakes, ...more

Can you imagine if they get split to different teams?
I doubt it's ever going to happen but it could get even more intense.
TM

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler®

6/20/2022 9:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/20/2022 9:51 PM

mx313 wrote:

FlaNard wrote:

Ppl say that but who has the 250 field really lost in the last 4 years since osborne? Ac and ferrandis? Was it a weak field then? Other guys who moved up in that period was sexton who did nothing in 250 mx, mcelrath who didn't do much. Troll and guys like Jordan Smith.
Then look at some of the guys who have moved up Osborne and ferrandis. They both had immediate success.

|

6/21/2022 1:57 AM

Photo
Photo

That's 2018 and 2019. Looks pretty much the same as now. Just replacing ac and ferrandis with the Hunter bros. Next u have j coop and rj and guys jett has been besting for the last few year.
|