Jett messing with Colt

deluxeman
2/7/2021 8:29pm
mx 219 wrote:
Is Jett the only rider in the history of the sport to be interviewed regardless of where he finishes? "Hey Jett, you finished 12th tonight, but...
Is Jett the only rider in the history of the sport to be interviewed regardless of where he finishes?

"Hey Jett, you finished 12th tonight, but tell us about your night."
Yep, he is the new SX’s fair haired boy. They love him and he loves the attention. This too will pass, just not anytime soon.
kiwifan
2/7/2021 8:29pm
kiwifan wrote:
I learnt something today on Vital, in racing you are not allowed to try and prevent another rider cutting inside of you (i.e. protecting your position)...
I learnt something today on Vital, in racing you are not allowed to try and prevent another rider cutting inside of you (i.e. protecting your position) and you are not allowed to look back over your shoulder....I will now be a much better racer (Massive sarcasm alert!!!)
DK23 wrote:
Weren't people bitching about Craig preventing a pass and keeping his position last week? I know it didn't end the same, but he was trying to...
Weren't people bitching about Craig preventing a pass and keeping his position last week? I know it didn't end the same, but he was trying to keep Jett behind him. I guess as usual it depends on which rider you support, the passer or passee.
Probably, and if I saw that I personally would of supported Craig doing what he was doing if that was the case
2/7/2021 8:30pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/07/477421/s1200_147402581_2872653039681735_2222178346848220939_n.jpg[/img]
bents wrote:
Mav, my only question is-when did the perm come back into fashion? I'm confused.
Ever since "The Hangover"
jemcee
2/7/2021 8:41pm
kiwifan wrote:
I learnt something today on Vital, in racing you are not allowed to try and prevent another rider cutting inside of you (i.e. protecting your position)...
I learnt something today on Vital, in racing you are not allowed to try and prevent another rider cutting inside of you (i.e. protecting your position) and you are not allowed to look back over your shoulder....I will now be a much better racer (Massive sarcasm alert!!!)
DK23 wrote:
Weren't people bitching about Craig preventing a pass and keeping his position last week? I know it didn't end the same, but he was trying to...
Weren't people bitching about Craig preventing a pass and keeping his position last week? I know it didn't end the same, but he was trying to keep Jett behind him. I guess as usual it depends on which rider you support, the passer or passee.
Jett's move didn't cost himself and the other guy positions
Jett's move didn't put himself and the other guy on the ground
Jett's move wasn't just blocking a faster guy
Jett's move was defending a pass back just made (I'm pretty sure I can't remember exactly what happened in the exact lead up)

But yeah it's just dumb fan boys sure

(should add I didn't bitch about Craig's move)

The Shop

mxjon454
2/7/2021 10:19pm
Jett was messing unnecessarily with a man who is in the championship hunt and he isn’t. Yeah sure, race the guy, but that looking over whilst...
Jett was messing unnecessarily with a man who is in the championship hunt and he isn’t.
Yeah sure, race the guy, but that looking over whilst braking up is unnecessary.
They should only let Nichols and Craig race since they’re pretty much the only 2 left in the championship hunt huh? Lol or in Jetts case, never mind the podium bonus money, just roll over and let the guy by because he’s in the championship hunt lol
Bearuno
2/7/2021 11:09pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2021 11:12pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/07/477421/s1200_147402581_2872653039681735_2222178346848220939_n.jpg[/img]
bents wrote:
Mav, my only question is-when did the perm come back into fashion? I'm confused.
As I wrote elsewhere, I've been thinking both have taken their 'Doos', from this Band :

BS12
2/7/2021 11:52pm
4 pages and no one has acknowledged how freakin cool the slow-mo shot was of Jett braking so hard the rear wheel was in the air, his left foot was out (I think), setting up for a left handed turn, all the while looking backwards over his right shoulder watching Colt???

By the way definitely racing technique and not messing with Colt. Defending, not road blocking. They were both making time up on those ahead of them and small moves like this on Jett's behalf allowed him to gap Colt again before Colt got back on him.
2/7/2021 11:55pm
Jett was messing unnecessarily with a man who is in the championship hunt and he isn’t. Yeah sure, race the guy, but that looking over whilst...
Jett was messing unnecessarily with a man who is in the championship hunt and he isn’t.
Yeah sure, race the guy, but that looking over whilst braking up is unnecessary.
mxjon454 wrote:
They should only let Nichols and Craig race since they’re pretty much the only 2 left in the championship hunt huh? Lol or in Jetts case...
They should only let Nichols and Craig race since they’re pretty much the only 2 left in the championship hunt huh? Lol or in Jetts case, never mind the podium bonus money, just roll over and let the guy by because he’s in the championship hunt lol
IF Vince Friese did to Kenny what Jett was doing with Colt, this forum would be in a frenzy!

Tell me I'm wrong.
jemcee
2/8/2021 12:40am Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 12:43am
mxjon454 wrote:
They should only let Nichols and Craig race since they’re pretty much the only 2 left in the championship hunt huh? Lol or in Jetts case...
IF Vince Friese did to Kenny what Jett was doing with Colt, this forum would be in a frenzy!

Tell me I'm wrong.
You're wrong

Edit: I was Obviously just being a smartarse you're not wrong but it's a dumb comparison
jazza167
Fantasy
3994th
2/8/2021 12:44am
Have you fellas ever raced??? Championships are earned by being the fastest/most consistent rider in the field.... not given to you because everyone with less points let’s you past?? Snowflakes. 1st and last post.
jazza167
Fantasy
3994th
2/8/2021 12:58am
mxjon454 wrote:

Tell me I'm wrong.
Fresie is not even in the same conversation as jett... irrelevant point. Apples with apples buddy
2/8/2021 1:45am
mxjon454 wrote:

Tell me I'm wrong.
Friese would have been getting lapped. Apples to oranges.
CPR
2/8/2021 2:37am
BS12 wrote:
4 pages and no one has acknowledged how freakin cool the slow-mo shot was of Jett braking so hard the rear wheel was in the air...
4 pages and no one has acknowledged how freakin cool the slow-mo shot was of Jett braking so hard the rear wheel was in the air, his left foot was out (I think), setting up for a left handed turn, all the while looking backwards over his right shoulder watching Colt???

By the way definitely racing technique and not messing with Colt. Defending, not road blocking. They were both making time up on those ahead of them and small moves like this on Jett's behalf allowed him to gap Colt again before Colt got back on him.
You’re right, that was cool.
2/8/2021 5:26am
I thought this was racing?

I guess we could just hand out trophies after qualifying since its obviously only about someone's given position relative to speed. No race tactics allowed!
bents
Fantasy
710th
2/8/2021 9:05am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
bents wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
As I wrote elsewhere, I've been thinking both have taken their 'Doos', from this Band : [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/07/477531/s1200_Split_Enz.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/07/477532/s1200_Split_Enz_Chrysalis_Copy.jpg[/img]
As I wrote elsewhere, I've been thinking both have taken their 'Doos', from this Band :

HA! I'm old enough to appreciate these clips Bearuno. Thankfully I resisted the peer pressure to get a perm when they were last in-I think I might have been beaten like a rented mule with the crew I hung out with at the time.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
2/8/2021 3:28pm
Jett was racing for position. He was ahead. How exactly was he "messing" with Colt?
jemcee
2/8/2021 4:17pm
Bearuno wrote:
As I wrote elsewhere, I've been thinking both have taken their 'Doos', from this Band : [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/07/477531/s1200_Split_Enz.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/07/477532/s1200_Split_Enz_Chrysalis_Copy.jpg[/img]

Oh nice one bru!
Splut iinds are choice ey?!
Bearuno
2/8/2021 4:42pm
jemcee wrote:
Oh nice one bru!
Splut iinds are choice ey?!
Don't you bloody well speak Kiwi at me, Mate!

Bounders, Cads and Scoundrels, the lot of 'em! Cheerful

First time I saw Split Enz live was at the Capitol Theatre around '75 or '76, when they were the support band for Lou Reed.

It was a fantastic, if somewhat strange concert. Enz with their weird get ups (courtesy of Noel Crombie - the tall, goofy, po faced bloke in the band) , and, great music, then Lou with his understated black Tee and leather pants, and his awesome stuff.

I think between Neil and Tim Finn, and Peter Jackson, they must own a good proportion of the North and South Islands, and, probably a bit of what Kiwis, so bloody impudently, call the West Island.......Woohoo
jemcee
2/8/2021 4:54pm
Bearuno wrote:
[b]Don't you bloody well speak Kiwi at me, Mate![/b] Bounders, Cads and Scoundrels, the lot of 'em! :cheer: First time I saw Split Enz live was...
Don't you bloody well speak Kiwi at me, Mate!

Bounders, Cads and Scoundrels, the lot of 'em! Cheerful

First time I saw Split Enz live was at the Capitol Theatre around '75 or '76, when they were the support band for Lou Reed.

It was a fantastic, if somewhat strange concert. Enz with their weird get ups (courtesy of Noel Crombie - the tall, goofy, po faced bloke in the band) , and, great music, then Lou with his understated black Tee and leather pants, and his awesome stuff.

I think between Neil and Tim Finn, and Peter Jackson, they must own a good proportion of the North and South Islands, and, probably a bit of what Kiwis, so bloody impudently, call the West Island.......Woohoo
Haha I can't imagine the Lou Reed crowd would've been too accepting of the Split Enz antics but it was the 70's so who knows haha

Haha and they've all seemed to avoid us 'owning' them which is rare for the successful well liked Kiwis haha
motomike137
2/8/2021 7:12pm
Jett getting interviewed if not on the podium is on the level of Bubba on 125s and McGrath in the late 90s. They would show interview...
Jett getting interviewed if not on the podium is on the level of Bubba on 125s and McGrath in the late 90s. They would show interview on them all the time even if he didn't finish top 3. Feld's job is to sale the sport and promote it and right now its roczen and jett. They see that fans love the young guy and they're going to run with it. I dont have a problem bc its smart as a business move just like they did with McGrath and bubba
He isn't close to being either one of those dudes lol.
Bearuno
2/8/2021 9:45pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 9:46pm
jemcee wrote:
Haha I can't imagine the Lou Reed crowd would've been too accepting of the Split Enz antics but it was the 70's so who knows haha...
Haha I can't imagine the Lou Reed crowd would've been too accepting of the Split Enz antics but it was the 70's so who knows haha

Haha and they've all seemed to avoid us 'owning' them which is rare for the successful well liked Kiwis haha
Nah, the "Lou Reed Crowd" were cool.

The fact that The Enz were so bloody good, won over any doubts about their weirdness / colorfulness that the Black garbed Reed fans - that was me at the time - many of who may not have known Split Enz too well / at all, very easily. Once you got past / used to their 'Arts School' demeanor, their great music shone through.

Heck, Lou Reed came to fame through Velvet Underground, a bit of a 'artsy' group.

It was pretty typical that OZ , and Kiwi bands trying to get somewhere (the f**k out of OZ, to get to the really Big Bucks) , were brilliant when 'supporting' big names. Quite a lot of OZ / Kiwi bands would really show up a few 'stars'. To the point quite a few of the big names, got really wary about their supporting acts. I went to a fair few concerts where the main acts, were piss poor compared to the local support performers.
2/16/2021 1:15am
kiwifan wrote:
DK23 wrote:
jemcee wrote:
Jett's move didn't cost himself and the other guy positions Jett's move didn't put himself and the other guy on the ground Jett's move wasn't just...
Jett's move didn't cost himself and the other guy positions
Jett's move didn't put himself and the other guy on the ground
Jett's move wasn't just blocking a faster guy
Jett's move was defending a pass back just made (I'm pretty sure I can't remember exactly what happened in the exact lead up)

But yeah it's just dumb fan boys sure

(should add I didn't bitch about Craig's move)
I know im behind the times, but on my dog walk this morning I listened to JT's industry seating podcast from February 7th. In that he shares the exact same opinion as me RE: the Jett & Colt messing.

Go have a listen.
SilverSpurs
2/16/2021 3:05am
I know im behind the times, but on my dog walk this morning I listened to JT's industry seating podcast from February 7th. In that he...
I know im behind the times, but on my dog walk this morning I listened to JT's industry seating podcast from February 7th. In that he shares the exact same opinion as me RE: the Jett & Colt messing.

Go have a listen.
I'm not sure how JT comes to his conclusions but Colt gets the joke now.

Jett, with his heavily strapped right shoulder and riding at about 95% capacity had Nichols right on his upper limit chasing him.

If it wasn't for Cooper Webb's best lap, out of the 800 or so turned in the 250 and 450 mains last Saturday, Jett's best would have been the overall fastest.

Post a reply to: Jett messing with Colt

The Latest