Jett messing with Colt

Related:
Create New Tag

2/7/2021 8:10 AM

I may be on the Jett train but I'm not a fan of his takeout of Mosiman and now his messing with Colt. He needs to quit this shit or he's gonna get served.

|

2/7/2021 8:11 AM

Doesn't seem dirty to me, seems like he is having a great time... colt seemed cool with clean, hard racing....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

2/7/2021 8:13 AM

Buddy here must’ve been getting nachos during Colt’s podium interview..

|

2/7/2021 8:13 AM

Did you not watch the podium interviews? Pretty sure they were both fine with the good hard racing.

|

2/7/2021 8:15 AM

His messing? You mean racing?

Knew someone would start this topic... Vital is something else these days.

|

James

2/7/2021 8:17 AM

It was fine, very slow speed and not dirty at all. Nichols ran it in on him after the finish and Jett let him know he wasn’t gonna take it. If Nichols doesn’t have a problem with it there’s no reason for any of us to have an issue with it

|

2/7/2021 8:19 AM

Jett was messing unnecessarily with a man who is in the championship hunt and he isn’t.
Yeah sure, race the guy, but that looking over whilst braking up is unnecessary.

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

2/7/2021 8:19 AM

That was about the only exciting thing in the whole 250 race.. If Colt is fine with it why would anyone not be?

|

2/7/2021 8:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2021 8:21 AM

Yeah eff that Jett guy for not letting Nichols roll on by since Nichols was probably a little faster. Honestly why don't we just run the race for X minutes and then give the trophy to whoever had the fastest lap. The actual racing part? Overrated man.

|

2/7/2021 8:21 AM

shiftmx_22 wrote:

Did you not watch the podium interviews? Pretty sure they were both fine with the good hard racing.

Colt isn't going to complain. He's all business right now.
|

2/7/2021 8:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2021 8:23 AM

Lots of looking back and brake checking. It slowed both of them down. It makes what Colt was able to accomplish in the end that much more impressive.

|

2/7/2021 8:23 AM

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

Jett was messing unnecessarily with a man who is in the championship hunt and he isn’t.
Yeah sure, race the guy, but that looking over whilst braking up is unnecessary.

Yeah, I don’t think it was “dirty” but certainly a little desperate.

Too much hype on the Jett train for me.

|

2/7/2021 8:24 AM

zamo.tox wrote:

Yeah eff that Jett guy for not letting Nichols roll on by since Nichols was probably a little faster. Honestly why don't we just run the race for X minutes and then give the trophy to whoever had the fastest lap. The actual racing part? Overrated man.

That's your opinion and I'm sure a lot of people share it but a lot of people think slowing up and pulling blocking moves is weak.
|

2/7/2021 8:26 AM

LungButter wrote:

Yep, me too, too much hype right now.

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

2/7/2021 8:27 AM

I've never understood the "someone is in the championship and you're not so don't race them".

Jett was doing nothing more than making sure Colt didn't get underneath him. Zero wrong with that IMO.

|

2/7/2021 8:30 AM

str8line wrote:

I may be on the Jett train but I'm not a fan of his takeout of Mosiman and now his messing with Colt. He needs to quit this shit or he's gonna get served.

You must have missed the video clip of Jett and Colt sitting together on the backside of a berm smiling and chatting after the race while they were waiting for Craig to finish his podium interview.

|

2/7/2021 8:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2021 8:32 AM

zamo.tox wrote:

str8line wrote:
That's your opinion and I'm sure a lot of people share it but a lot of people think slowing up and pulling blocking moves is weak.

He wasn't jeopardizing Colt by trying to take him out, he was racing him for the position. And it wasn't a case of Friese or Mike Alessi blocking until inevitably giving up the position... Jett was legitimately racing to beat him. He was pulling away at times, you could argue that without the lappers at the end, Jett might've had him... it was good racing.

|

2/7/2021 8:32 AM

tuttle425 wrote:

I've never understood the "someone is in the championship and you're not so don't race them".

Jett was doing nothing more than making sure Colt didn't get underneath him. Zero wrong with that IMO.

‘Racing’ him is absolutely fine, but as previously mentioned in this thread, some of the moves were getting a bit desperate to put the bike anywhere in Colt’s way. All the while slowing his own lap times down too.

If Barcia or Friese pulled these kind of moves, this place would erupt.

|

2/7/2021 8:33 AM

str8line wrote:

The level of commitment that these guys put in and the sacrifices that they endure, it is of no surprise that the need to stamp authority on track is a given. Short career window with great risk and they need to earn their retirement quickly.

As a Career it is a brutul option and I can't blame them for taking shots on track.

That is the beauty for us Spectators..

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

2/7/2021 8:34 AM

LungButter wrote:

He’s young, he’ll get schooled soon enough when he bites and a real alpha dog send him to the back of the pack licking his wounds.

|

2/7/2021 8:36 AM

Photo
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/7/2021 8:37 AM

zamo.tox wrote:

str8line wrote:

zamo.tox wrote:

He wasn't jeopardizing Colt by trying to take him out, he was racing him for the position. And it wasn't a case of Friese or Mike Alessi blocking until inevitably giving up the position... Jett was legitimately racing to beat him. He was pulling away at times, you could argue that without the lappers at the end, Jett might've had him... it was good racing.

I think if Colt would have passed him as soon as he came up on him, Jett would have faded pretty far behind. He was holding him up. Props to Colt for his maturity and emotional intelligence.

|

2/7/2021 8:37 AM

Lol. Fans are getting soft. I thought that was an awesome race and the look over might have been a bit much, but it allowed him to see where Nichols was and execute that low speed block really well. I’ve seen way dirtier, even this season.

|

2/7/2021 8:40 AM

This idea that anyone not in a title fight has to just roll over for anyone who is is one thing you see a lot of, and it is definitely one of the worst takes in our sport

|

2/7/2021 8:43 AM

str8line wrote:

Yeah we should add turn signals and big bumpers on the sides of the bikes and if they bump to hard a red light comes on and DQ's the rider. Points leader should be allow to run a fricken train horn when hes coming through the pack. Hope AMA is listening, all great ideas. yeah yeah come on.. smile

"thats how I really feel about your comment" hehehe

|

2/7/2021 8:47 AM

Moto_Geek wrote:

Yeah we should add turn signals and big bumpers on the sides of the bikes and if they bump to hard a red light comes on and DQ's the rider. Points leader should be allow to run a fricken train horn when hes coming through the pack. Hope AMA is listening, all great ideas. yeah yeah come on.. smile

"thats how I really feel about your comment" hehehe

Jett needs to ask himself WWRD?
|

2/7/2021 8:48 AM

Is Jett the only rider in the history of the sport to be interviewed regardless of where he finishes?

"Hey Jett, you finished 12th tonight, but tell us about your night."

|

2/7/2021 8:50 AM

Tuna wrote:

I think if Colt would have passed him as soon as he came up on him, Jett would have faded pretty far behind. He was holding him up. Props to Colt for his maturity and emotional intelligence.

Jett stayed in it until the end and almost beat Colt, he hasn't really been one to fade all year. I'm a Colt fan and think this is his year--but I'm just saying, that was good racing and Jett almost beat him. *IF* he had eventually got passed and totally dropped, then I'd agree with you as it'd have been a clear case of blocking-unti-inevitably-getting-beat. But that wasn't the case, it was a close battle to the end. So I just don't agree.

|

2/7/2021 8:52 AM

I think in that class you need to do everything you can to race hard and prepare for future rides. Make a name for yourself every time on the track by riding as hard as you can. It’s a regional/ minor league championship and pulling aside is not going to get a future ride when you point out. I’m all good with JL doing his best to make it a good race.

|

2/7/2021 9:01 AM

That was fun as hell and not dirty at all. People these days are so Fuckin soft. Back in the 80s and 90s that shit would of happened on a parade lap in Friday’s day practice for no reason lol

How bout you keep a Str8line to your couch and let the pro’s handle it from here

|