Jett Tough Block Vanished

reynardfan1
Fantasy
3626th
2/2/2021 9:41pm
...as soon as Jett went down the tuff block was removed from the blind downside of the double. No other riders had to face it after that...it would have taken many down

So the question I have is, was it there in practice/qualifying? Did it show up only in the race?

The kid crashes good when he crashes...
|
bowl
2/2/2021 10:04pm
Ac crashed on it in practice.
mx617
2/2/2021 11:17pm
Was wondering the same thing. Terrible place for it.
2/3/2021 1:36am
So dumb to put it on the blind down ramp, I think we need something better than tuff blocks. Maybe flags. Just something that doesn't take the rider out we they get it a little wrong

The Shop

mxlegend99
Fantasy
1518th
2/3/2021 3:02am
Having not watched the races live due to being at work. I only watched the mains when I got home and remembered they were on delay on ESPN2. It seemed like a lot of riders hit the exact same line Jett went for. Nearly every rider railing the berm landed where that block was.

I saw his crash which was posted everywhere. Didnt think much of it until seeing how other riders hit that line and it was definitely poorly positioned and would have taken down other riders if it wasn't moved.

Thankfully he didnt seem to have any broken bones or serious injury. He hit the ground hard. That kid is tough.
Stevo683
2/3/2021 4:22am
We were there last night...His crash in practice in the whoops was legendary! He was second behind Nichols and you could see him pinning it to be the fastest qualifier. He was wide open thru the whoops and cartwheeled 4 or 5 whoops in the middle of the section. Looked like he got a bloody nose and walked off..kid has guts and needs to chil outl a bit more for sure!
2/3/2021 5:19am
It was there in practice, Jett along with basically everyone else got through the section just fine. I don’t think the tough block should have been there but to act like Jett doesn’t deserve some blame is ridiculous. If it was Forkner everyone would talk about how dumb the kid is..
Press516
Fantasy
111th
2/3/2021 6:12am
That is totally on Jett, you can see his front tire wash just a little on the up ramp and that sends him wide. But I also noticed the block was gone and multiple riders would have hit it in the mains. Odd, but it probably shouldn't have been there to begin with.
soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
2/3/2021 6:14am
It was there in practice, Jett along with basically everyone else got through the section just fine. I don’t think the tough block should have been...
It was there in practice, Jett along with basically everyone else got through the section just fine. I don’t think the tough block should have been there but to act like Jett doesn’t deserve some blame is ridiculous. If it was Forkner everyone would talk about how dumb the kid is..
Yea but forkner is dumb so...
KMC440
2/3/2021 6:27am
So dumb to put it on the blind down ramp, I think we need something better than tuff blocks. Maybe flags. Just something that doesn't take...
So dumb to put it on the blind down ramp, I think we need something better than tuff blocks. Maybe flags. Just something that doesn't take the rider out we they get it a little wrong
Yet the many times a rider has landed on the blocks and offered a much safer human/soil interface.
Agree the blind down side is an issue, however there is an upside to the blocks.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
2/3/2021 8:28am
All I know is I'm going to watch his next crash to see if his visor comes off for a 3rd time...
2/3/2021 8:29am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2021 8:30am
Can we all be happy that someone was like ya know what...let’s just not put that back because it’s a safety hazard ?

Probably the best call of the night. And the guy that made that call probably waves a yellow flag and is told to shut up for any other suggestions.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
2/3/2021 10:46am
Can we all be happy that someone was like ya know what...let’s just not put that back because it’s a safety hazard ? Probably the best...
Can we all be happy that someone was like ya know what...let’s just not put that back because it’s a safety hazard ?

Probably the best call of the night. And the guy that made that call probably waves a yellow flag and is told to shut up for any other suggestions.
The other good call was replacing that Tuff Block in the corner that caught Friese and Webb.
BTsmith27
2/3/2021 10:58am
I was sitting right in the corner where Webb fell onto the tough block as well as many others. The guy kept pushing it further out onto the track which was "surprising" guys taking the inside line. I could see why Webb was po'd after his heat as the guy fixing the tough blocks looked really frantic/confused. The Kawi tough block at the landing of the tunnel jump was waay far out there too.

Post a reply to: Jett Tough Block Vanished

The Latest