motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
Edited Date/Time 10/2/2022 12:03pm
Welcome to the Jett Lawrence era..
|
JMR1976
9/25/2022 8:29pm
He is good. Hunter is a kook though. Instant karma!
jemcee
9/25/2022 8:34pm
JMR1976 wrote:
Why is he a kook?
Cause he dares to get a little bit aggressive..
USA
Fantasy
428th
9/25/2022 8:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2022 8:35pm
Jett is for sure going to be a winner in the 450 class. And Holy smokes, Geerts and Reneaux look keen to take the reins in mxgp in the next few years.

The Shop

JMR1976
9/25/2022 8:38pm
JMR1976 wrote:
Why is he a kook?
Taking out Shimoda and trying to park Cooper on lap 2. Both occasions he lost out so maybe he will learn, obviously he learns slower then his younger brother.
9/25/2022 8:42pm
JMR1976 wrote:
Why is he a kook?
JMR1976 wrote:
Taking out Shimoda and trying to park Cooper on lap 2. Both occasions he lost out so maybe he will learn, obviously he learns slower then...
Taking out Shimoda and trying to park Cooper on lap 2. Both occasions he lost out so maybe he will learn, obviously he learns slower then his younger brother.
Think Cooper would even agree Hunter wasn't trying to park him.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/25/2022 8:50pm
Maybe in a year. But going 3-1-2 in your 3 races over the weekend is not the fastest man on the planet

Chase vs Dylan vs jette next year outdoors is looking like the series to watch
kong0036
9/25/2022 8:56pm
You throw a fit Herlings and Febvre and Gasjer in that race and think there might have been a different result
JMR1976
9/25/2022 8:58pm
kong0036 wrote:
You throw a fit Herlings and Febvre and Gasjer in that race and think there might have been a different result
Well they didn’t show up. If J-law was there things would have been different too!
kong0036
9/25/2022 9:04pm
kong0036 wrote:
JMR1976 wrote:
Well they didn’t show up. If J-law was there things would have been different too!
All im saying is pump the brakes on the FMOTP call. give this kid time he will get there .
Ranman68
9/25/2022 9:06pm
You may be right, but declaring that after one win on a muddy track during a TEAM RACE event is a little premature. I'd wait until he has an entire 450 season under his belt before trying to sell your guess as proven truth.
Your guess might prove to be true a year from now. Wether it does or not, some of the guys he beat today were guys who could fuck it up for their team if they took any risks to beat him. Don't think in moto 3 that Sexton was gonna risk blowing a U.S. victory that was pretty much in the bag as long as he didn't crash, just to whoop Jett. Don't think Tomac was gonna throw it away either just to beat Jett or anyone else for that matter. After what happened in the beginning of moto 3, Tomac did what he needed to in order to get where he needed to be. Sexton was already where he needed to be. All they had to do was keep it on two wheels and not lose more than 2 or 3 positions once Tomac got to 6th.
In addition to all this, Jett got beat by Reneux and Ferrandis suffered disaster early on, so he was forced to go balls out and on the ragged edge through the entire field.
In a non team race and with no reason to ride safe, I would put my money on Tomac, Sexton, or Ferrandis against Jett at this stage (motocross). Once he can straight up beat those guys more than they can beat him,.then I'll share your opinion.....which I very well could be in the near future. We'll see.
One other thing.....I didn't even mention any GP riders. To be FMOTP he has to be faster than Gajser and/or a fit Jeffrey Herlings in addition to Sexton and Tomac. That's a tall order even for an ultra bad motherfucker. It might be in him, but even that is just a guess at this point. With that said, I agree that your guess is a future possibility.
McG194
9/25/2022 9:07pm
kong0036 wrote:
Herlings is done, he never wins another championship. The new era is taking over in MXGP and he is too damaged.

I'm not sure if Jett is the FMOTP yet but he was the fastest man at Red Bud today. If he races a regional SX series next year Honda is foolish.
Alex814
9/25/2022 9:59pm
Tomac and Ferrandis were faster today IMO.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/25/2022 10:05pm
Pretty good weekend on the bikes for the aussies with jack miller wining in Montegi as well
9/25/2022 11:02pm
scott_nz wrote:
Pretty good weekend on the bikes for the aussies with jack miller wining in Montegi as well
But leaving Ducati now he has it all sorted out
9/25/2022 11:42pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2022 11:45pm
It will never happen but imagine a true World series of MX like Moto GP, F1 etc. Then we could end this FMOTP once and for all! There are maybe 5-6 riders that at any one time could claim that title.

Today the FMOTP was Ferrandis. Results didn’t show but raw speed it was hands down him. I’m a Jett fanboy too! Krispy Kreme anyone?
gerg
9/25/2022 11:49pm
JMR1976 wrote:
Why is he a kook?
JMR1976 wrote:
Taking out Shimoda and trying to park Cooper on lap 2. Both occasions he lost out so maybe he will learn, obviously he learns slower then...
We're you at the track or are you talking about the drone footage where you can't see why Hunter went down because of the big eff-off tree above the incident?
Alan Dove
9/25/2022 11:52pm
It will never happen but imagine a true World series of MX like Moto GP, F1 etc. Then we could end this FMOTP once and for...
It will never happen but imagine a true World series of MX like Moto GP, F1 etc. Then we could end this FMOTP once and for all! There are maybe 5-6 riders that at any one time could claim that title.

Today the FMOTP was Ferrandis. Results didn’t show but raw speed it was hands down him. I’m a Jett fanboy too! Krispy Kreme anyone?
F1 isn't a true World Series. Anyone can own an MX bike and go race it at their local club, only 20 drivers per year even get to race an F1 car. While you get 'legends' of the sport, F1 doesn't hold the monopoly on the 'best' drivers. Car racing is far far far far far far far more fragamented and diverse than dirtbike racing.

MotoGP still has World Superbikes. While it is far more dominant in term of prestige it doesn't stand alone. Jonathan Rea, Toprak Razgatlioglu are very highly rated.
9/25/2022 11:55pm
Alan Dove wrote:
F1 isn't a true World Series. Anyone can own an MX bike and go race it at their local club, only 20 drivers per year even...
F1 isn't a true World Series. Anyone can own an MX bike and go race it at their local club, only 20 drivers per year even get to race an F1 car. While you get 'legends' of the sport, F1 doesn't hold the monopoly on the 'best' drivers. Car racing is far far far far far far far more fragamented and diverse than dirtbike racing.

MotoGP still has World Superbikes. While it is far more dominant in term of prestige it doesn't stand alone. Jonathan Rea, Toprak Razgatlioglu are very highly rated.
I understand all that, what I’m meaning is a true World series with stops around the World.
teamddr
9/26/2022 12:05am
kong0036 wrote:
At last a bit of sense
9/26/2022 12:40am
Alex814 wrote:
Tomac and Ferrandis were faster today IMO.
Only because they were riding over their head. jet rode smart and didn't crash like the other two
ezmarok
9/26/2022 1:16am
It will never happen but imagine a true World series of MX like Moto GP, F1 etc. Then we could end this FMOTP once and for...

I think one of the hardest components of transitioning from being a successful 250 guy to the 450 is how to manage a/both series’ properly. It’s taken Tomac several years to really master that but now he has, 2022 was truly his year. And Sexton almost nailed it this outdoors series; though he didn’t have the same success and consistency indoors.
Jett’s speed is clearly there, I don’t think he’ll struggle in that department. But the maturation process may take some time when it comes to becoming a full time 450 guy and translating the speed into results (I think back to Carmichael in ‘99).
I think in order to contend for FMOTP (which is subjective and can’t ever be definitive) you surely have to stay in the fight all year and be the best all round. While I agree that Ferrandis was on rails today, it was just one day. He maybe even set the fastest lap in both his motos. But he also crashed pushing the pace. So time will tell. One thing is for sure, the future of motocross is looking bright. Next season will be epic
9/26/2022 1:53am

Alan Dove wrote:
F1 isn't a true World Series. Anyone can own an MX bike and go race it at their local club, only 20 drivers per year even...

Come on! Every race car driver would exchange a championship for an F1 win and even Rea would probably exchange 4 of his WSB titles for 1 MotoGP title. Of course other serieses have great riders, but who honestly doubts that both are the pinnacle of car and bike racing?
Kasims
Fantasy
3949th
9/26/2022 3:55am
Hmm wait, I saw Renaux got the win in the last moto in front of Jett, so, Renaux is the FMOTP.. I’m a bit confused.. 😁
RG1
9/26/2022 4:02am
The thing that makes Jett so impressive is not just his speed, which is already in the Top 5 in the world at such a young age, but his maturity to realise that he doesn’t always have to use it. We’ve seen people as fast as Jett or even faster at a young age like Herlings or Tomac but they seemed to try and kill everyone every single moto and it bit them at times. Jett is mature enough to realise that he doesn’t always have to do that. He managed his outdoor title expertly and I think that is the most impressive thing about him at his age
Huckster
9/26/2022 4:02am
Coldenhoff beat Herlings straight up at he last MXoN at Red Bud and the Herlings fan boys went nuts about how Jeffrey was riding for the Cup and didn’t need to pass him, etc. I am going with that same reasoning for Sexton in the last moto. Sure looked like he could reel in Jett at will but rode it out in 3rd for the TEAM. Really looking forward to next years nationals though. I hope they all stay healthy through the deathcross season.
parkman
Fantasy
1578th
9/26/2022 4:15am

Alan Dove wrote:

#434 wrote:
Come on! Every race car driver would exchange a championship for an F1 win and even Rea would probably exchange 4 of his WSB titles for...
Come on! Every race car driver would exchange a championship for an F1 win and even Rea would probably exchange 4 of his WSB titles for 1 MotoGP title. Of course other serieses have great riders, but who honestly doubts that both are the pinnacle of car and bike racing?
I've been watching motorsports my entire life and with F1 it's more about the car than anything other series. Does it have the most "prestige"? Sure. But that's really because of how much money the manufacturers put into it. It's really the pinnacle of money, marketing and machine, not necessarily driving talent. I would say in many ways from a driver's perspective it's more impressive to win Indycar than F1 due to the more equal machinery. The WSBK vs MotoGP I think is pretty much true though. I think most would prefer to have a title in MotoGP, as both WSBK and MotoGP are competitive, MotoGP is just faster, and WSBK is often used as a stepping stone or a post-MotoGP career choice.
cwel11
9/26/2022 4:24am
Pretty sick of the FMOTP tag line that’s been going on since the JS7 era. There’s only the fastest guy on that particular day. That’s all. Stewart was fast but beaten at times. Jett will be beaten at times as well. These fanboy posts of “my rider is the best rider of all time” get old. Yes no denying JL is a great talent but he will still get beat again by someone. Will you then come back here and say the guy that beat him is the new fmotp? Just gets ridiculous.

Post a reply to: Jett Lawrence is the FMOTP

The Latest