Jett Lawrence does 1-1 for Suz in EMX250 Assen round.

Related:
Create New Tag

9/16/2018 7:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2018 7:42 PM

|

Melbourne, Australia. Current rides: '11 RMZ450, '84 CR500, '06 DRZ400, '79 KX250 with 400 engine, '06 GSXR1000 full Yosh racebike.

9/16/2018 9:14 PM

is this the younger brother to hunter?

Sounds like a fast family!

|

9/16/2018 9:50 PM

Derek Harris wrote:

Yep that's him.

Interesting to see where he fits in next year in the US amateur scene. Anybody have any idea what classes he'll be racing? A class i assume but he's still super young.

|

9/16/2018 10:29 PM

Derek Harris wrote:

haydos25 wrote:

Yep that's him.

Interesting to see where he fits in next year in the US amateur scene. Anybody have any idea what classes he'll be racing? A class i assume but he's still super young.

I heard the plan for him was one year of amateurs for 2019 (I think he has to go A due to EMX results) and then Supercross or outdoors in 2020.

|

9/16/2018 10:42 PM

Can we take it that this bike (previously Seewer's and then Hunters is where the newly developed top end came from? And chassis?

|

9/16/2018 10:57 PM

looks like that Suzuki cant be to bad of a bike..

from the results.. looks like its the rider and not the bike thats the problem...

Cant wait to see these two young Aussies come into the scene in US and show some talent!

|

9/16/2018 11:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2018 11:38 PM

I would think EMX makes them A here

But if he is capable of winning emx - he will be an immediate threat in A here - we have had some seriously quick guys go over there and not crush it in EMX

|

9/17/2018 1:08 AM

watched Jett racing in Belgium in 2017 ...Jett was 11 sec a lap faster than Liam Everts so i think he is freaking fast ..only the choice to ride 250 as such a little kid doesn't seem to be the best ..while Everts is now improved much more than Jett .

|

9/17/2018 1:14 AM

Belg wrote:

watched Jett racing in Belgium in 2017 ...Jett was 11 sec a lap faster than Liam Everts so i think he is freaking fast ..only the choice to ride 250 as such a little kid doesn't seem to be the best ..while Everts is now improved much more than Jett .

Why? The kid won an EMX250 round and 3 motos. There were guys that set the world on fire on 85s/125s that never got close to a win in EMX250. I’d say it’s working out for him. Herlings and Roczen also skipped riding a 125.

|

9/17/2018 1:21 AM

EMX250 is not slow, kid is 14 and beating people such as Haarup, Clarke, Pocock, Barr. Clarke was a top 20 rider in AMA last year and Jett was 2 seconds quicker than him. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes over there and starts winning straight away.

|

9/17/2018 1:34 AM

Underground wrote:

Can we take it that this bike (previously Seewer's and then Hunters is where the newly developed top end came from? And chassis?

The new 19 has a center port head I think.

I was having a look (on video) for that, and he had the side port head, from what this blind old bastard could see.

Looks like the young fella weighs all of 40kg, dripping wet. He also seems a much smoother rider than his older brother. But, that might just be down the difference in speed and 'commitment' that's needed to be competitive at the higher level of going at it with the top MX2 riders.

The deal to do Amateurs in the US seems a bit of a 'treading water' thing, after he's done EMX, and, I think adult level Nationals (German?), but hey, keeping the family on one continent, with the One team, is a good thing for the entire Lawrence clan.

|

9/17/2018 2:10 AM

its impressive that the little guy stomped them even harder in Moto 2 when the track was rougher.

Sure second was much closer but 3rd in Moto 2 54 seconds back - FIFTY FOUR FREAKING SECONDS! surely the lap wasnt this short and they were a lap down?

Wheras in Moto 1 10th was on 46 seconds down

|

9/17/2018 4:15 AM

Derek Harris wrote:

haydos25 wrote:

Yep that's him.

ML512 wrote:

I heard the plan for him was one year of amateurs for 2019 (I think he has to go A due to EMX results) and then Supercross or outdoors in 2020.

So he’ll be 16 when he turns pro if it all goes to plan? Seems like a lot of riders wait until they’re a bit older over in your part of the world. Any idea why they’re going to get him going so early?

|

9/17/2018 5:34 AM

How old is he, 14 or 15?
Either way, that's amazing.
If hunter is not careful he won't be the faster Lawrence brother in a few years.

Just for comparison.
Roczen didn't win a single moto in 2008 in EMX2 (he didn't race all rounds to be fair). 2009 he went on to win a few GPs at 15 y/o
Herlings finished second overall in EMX2 in 2009. 2010 he battled with Musquin and Roczen in MX2.

That EMX class has always been full with talent. I'd say now it's even faster than 2008/2009.
We'll probably see a few of these guys compete in the last MX2 GP since the EMX season is done now.
At least Brian Moreau will do it and probably a few more.

|

9/17/2018 5:58 AM

You guys sure do overreact over one race. I believe Jett will do very well in the USA but let's be real here. Jett has been outside the top 10 in EMX250 more often than not this year.

|

9/17/2018 6:00 AM

crusty_xx wrote:

How old is he, 14 or 15?
If hunter is not careful he won't be the faster Lawrence brother in a few years.

Just for comparison.
Roczen didn't win a single moto in 2008 in EMX2 (he didn't race all rounds to be fair). 2009 he went on to win a few GPs at 15 y/o
Herlings finished second overall in EMX2 in 2009. 2010 he battled with Musquin and Roczen in MX2.

That EMX class has always been full with talent. I'd say now it's even faster than 2008/2009.
We'll probably see a few of these guys compete in the last MX2 GP since the EMX season is done now.

He will be 15 when he starts riding in America. I think having older riders in EMX250 is actually helping the younger riders develop more quickly because some great riders are starting to appear more and more out of that class.

|

9/17/2018 6:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/17/2018 6:07 AM

crusty_xx wrote:

How old is he, 14 or 15?

Just for comparison.

He just turned 15 a month ago in August which is very young still. I really can’t believe the talent at that age

|

9/17/2018 6:51 AM

Belg wrote:

obivously l everts meeded to.
a lot of room to improve if he was that far behind....
hard to make up 11 secs if you are only a few seconds off the fastest in class..

think boy think?

|

9/17/2018 6:53 AM

agn5009 wrote:

You guys sure do overreact over one race. I believe Jett will do very well in the USA but let's be real here. Jett has been outside the top 10 in EMX250 more often than not this year.

yeah going 1 1 is nothing to jump up and down about.....

remind us what planet you from?

|

9/17/2018 10:27 AM

agn5009 wrote:

make1go wrote:

I didn't say he isn't a fantastic rider. I didn't say he won't be a champion in the future here in the states. I didn't knock him in any way shape or form. I simply said people here tend to overreact. Remember all the people talking up Jetts brother after the MXDN last year? People had him chalked up for the championship minutes after the race. Did he have an amazing race at MXDN? Absolutely. Is he an amazing rider? Absolutely. Does he have what it takes to be a future championship contender? That remains to be seen. I think he will do really well here, but my point is, don't crown a guy who has had one great race.

|

9/17/2018 10:29 AM

|

9/17/2018 11:04 AM

For some reason, I thought the EMX was two-strokes

|

9/17/2018 11:09 AM

burn1986 wrote:

For some reason, I thought the EMX was two-strokes

EMX300 is smokers

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

9/17/2018 11:22 AM

agn5009 wrote:

Yeah it's not a guarantee but he's 14 and this is his first season on a big bike.
He was on an 85 last season...
The steps he made only during this season are crazy

He doesn't only have 3 race wins in EMX. He's also leading the German Youngster cup against pretty tough competition with one round to go.

He does very similar to what Roczen did in 2008. He also won the German Youngster cup that year. Although that was his second year on the 250. In 2007 he finished 3rd.

|

9/18/2018 7:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2018 7:37 AM

This is Kevin Horgmo’s vlog. Shows him behind Jett for moto 2 *embedded below*

|

9/18/2018 7:33 AM

|

9/18/2018 9:24 AM

agn5009 wrote:

make1go wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

I didn't say he isn't a fantastic rider. I didn't say he won't be a champion in the future here in the states. I didn't knock him in any way shape or form. I simply said people here tend to overreact. Remember all the people talking up Jetts brother after the MXDN last year? People had him chalked up for the championship minutes after the race. Did he have an amazing race at MXDN? Absolutely. Is he an amazing rider? Absolutely. Does he have what it takes to be a future championship contender? That remains to be seen. I think he will do really well here, but my point is, don't crown a guy who has had one great race.

i havent seen anyone say "future champ stamp it..."

just a few getting excited about both of their prospects.

as an australian its great to have someone to follow on the big stages.
but im a fan of the sport first and foremost and if they dont go that well ill still be following series.

|

9/18/2018 3:17 PM

I understand why Jett is moving to the USA, obviously Hunter is going over there and he wants to go with him, but i wonder if it's the right thing for him to do at this stage in his career. At the minute he's in EMX250 and racing the youth class at German nationals. He's racing, and winning races, in proper races, against proper riders, on a great stage at a huge variety of tracks, and he's trading that to go and race as an amateur for the next 3 years. I know the USA is ultimately where he wants to end up, but at his current rate of progression, he could be an EMX250 Champion and have 2 years under his belt in MX2 before he got the chance to even turn a wheel as a pro in the states.

|

9/18/2018 3:43 PM

RG1 wrote:

I understand why Jett is moving to the USA, obviously Hunter is going over there and he wants to go with him, but i wonder if it's the right thing for him to do at this stage in his career. At the minute he's in EMX250 and racing the youth class at German nationals. He's racing, and winning races, in proper races, against proper riders, on a great stage at a huge variety of tracks, and he's trading that to go and race as an amateur for the next 3 years. I know the USA is ultimately where he wants to end up, but at his current rate of progression, he could be an EMX250 Champion and have 2 years under his belt in MX2 before he got the chance to even turn a wheel as a pro in the states.

Yeah, deffo
EMX 250 is so ultra tight that you are a good start away from a top 5 , and a bad start away from no points. Even Boisrame who won the thing had Moto's where he was way down, 12 riders won Moto's and only 2 guys went 1-1 all year .

The US amateur scene seems to be more about not racing , than racing, with the right deal for next year (you would have to say KTM would have been interested , he is the only stand out this year ) he could win the the title, and be in MX2 as a 16 year old factory rider, doing GP's and Dutch, Belgian and German Nationals.

That said, the money in amateur racing seems to be bottomless.

Either way, the family are all in .

|

9/18/2018 4:20 PM

Didn't Geico/Honda sign both brothers?

I thought the deal was for Hunter and Sexon to be team mates,

And have Jett and Carson Mumford pair up as team mates in the armature ranks?

|