Jett Lawrence

Edited Date/Time 12/6/2020 6:39pm
Anybody else have the feeling that this kid is just wayyy too over hyped and if he doesnt consistently stay up the front all year round everyone will just write him off even though he is only 17. Hope he does well but honestly i can just see everyone getting disappointed when he starts to make heaps of 17 year old mistakes...
|
12/5/2020 3:53am
Plot twist, Hunter out races him in 2021 and everyone jumps ship onto the hunter train!
12/5/2020 4:11am
He does seem to be extremely hyped. Hopefully he can save the money he is getting this year, avoid the track snacks, stay focused and stay healthy. Basically do the opposite of Austin.
mxjon454
12/5/2020 4:51am
Could’ve/would’ve/should’ve won his what(?) 3rd sx race ever entered and won the last national this year. Barely turned 17 yrs old and won the national, got on the podium in sx at 16 yrs old. The last 16 yr old to come out and win was AC I believe. Before that I think was Millsaps and before Millsaps was Bubba and Pastrana. I’m not a fan of all the media super hype, but I think it’s deserved. He had a solid summer and was way ahead of any other rookie this year too. I wonder if Honda can get that bike up there or if he would’ve been better off signing with PC Kawi, Star Yamaha, or Factory KTM for a better bike but Hunter would’ve probably had a more difficult time finding a ride?
EngIceDave
12/5/2020 4:59am
If the kid can go half as fast as the hype, he's a gold mine.

Kid is fast, good looking, good personality (funny), has that strange accent.

I'd milk the kid like some teenage Tiger Beat heart throb.

Sometimes, you don't have to win, or win championships, to sell product.

The Shop

Cortami79
12/5/2020 5:38am
You can’t deny the absolute talent he has. Many people saw it already in Europe. Didn’t expect him to grow so fast, but he did. I still think people underestimate his brother though. He has a perfect technique and riding style. I’m glad that I’ve seen Hunter ride on tracks like Valkenswaard and Loket. Made it look incredibly easy.
Kyle978
12/5/2020 5:43am
What is “over hyped”? Look at his age, results thus far, riding style and then factor in marketability...He’s one of the most exciting stories in the 250 class.

In a perfect storm, Geico shut down and allowed him to create his own brand and capitalize off it. Good for him.

He’s already delivered some results after a summer of racing, and clearly is naturally suited for SX.

You’ve got some weird jealousy issues if you interpret this as overhyped IMO.
skypig
12/5/2020 5:57am
Such a fickle sport.

Look at Ryan Villapoto v Ben Townley.
Some great racing, with Ben the faster pleanty of times.

The difference in career trajectory down to a few lucky/unlucky breaks.

If Jet wins a championship, then breaks his arm it might go a very differently than an injury before a title.

I’m a big fan - go Jet.
agn5009
12/5/2020 6:23am
Jett is the real deal. Hunter needs to stay healthy for a season.
Motofinne
12/5/2020 6:30am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2020 7:14am
Cortami79 wrote:
You can’t deny the absolute talent he has. Many people saw it already in Europe. Didn’t expect him to grow so fast, but he did. I...
You can’t deny the absolute talent he has. Many people saw it already in Europe. Didn’t expect him to grow so fast, but he did. I still think people underestimate his brother though. He has a perfect technique and riding style. I’m glad that I’ve seen Hunter ride on tracks like Valkenswaard and Loket. Made it look incredibly easy.
100% agree. Jett is the real deal (generational talent), it was obvious back in Europe. And Hunter is definitely underrated at the moment.
kkawboy14
12/5/2020 6:34am
skypig wrote:
Such a fickle sport. Look at Ryan Villapoto v Ben Townley. Some great racing, with Ben the faster pleanty of times. The difference in career trajectory...
Such a fickle sport.

Look at Ryan Villapoto v Ben Townley.
Some great racing, with Ben the faster pleanty of times.

The difference in career trajectory down to a few lucky/unlucky breaks.

If Jet wins a championship, then breaks his arm it might go a very differently than an injury before a title.

I’m a big fan - go Jet.
Villopoto broke his leg so bad he should have never been racing again, I’m gonna say Kawasaki’s were the reason he won everything!

“We build champions!” 😀
kkawboy14
12/5/2020 6:41am
Honda ain’t stupid!

Now that they are getting out of F1 holy cow they are gonna have a LOT of excess cash to spend!
12/5/2020 6:51am
Anybody else have the feeling that this kid is just wayyy too over hyped and if he doesnt consistently stay up the front all year round...
Anybody else have the feeling that this kid is just wayyy too over hyped and if he doesnt consistently stay up the front all year round everyone will just write him off even though he is only 17. Hope he does well but honestly i can just see everyone getting disappointed when he starts to make heaps of 17 year old mistakes...
I was thinking the same thing, seems so over hyped
numbers
12/5/2020 8:01am
EngIceDave wrote:
If the kid can go half as fast as the hype, he's a gold mine. Kid is fast, good looking, good personality (funny), has that strange...

Yep hes fast young and the young ladies like to look at him. The wife says most racers are ugly but this kids hot.
EngIceDave
12/5/2020 8:16am
EngIceDave wrote:
If the kid can go half as fast as the hype, he's a gold mine. Kid is fast, good looking, good personality (funny), has that strange...

numbers wrote:
Yep hes fast young and the young ladies like to look at him. The wife says most racers are ugly but this kids hot.
My wife and daughter both said the same.

He was described as having a "Harry Styles" look and swagger. Now, whether you like that guy or not is irrelevant, the girls swoon.

If young guys want girls to swoon over them, then need to be more like HIM

Remember hair bands?

numbers
12/5/2020 8:20am
EngIceDave wrote:

numbers wrote:
EngIceDave wrote:
My wife and daughter both said the same. He was described as having a "Harry Styles" look and swagger. Now, whether you like that guy or...
My wife and daughter both said the same.

He was described as having a "Harry Styles" look and swagger. Now, whether you like that guy or not is irrelevant, the girls swoon.

If young guys want girls to swoon over them, then need to be more like HIM

Remember hair bands?

They don't have hair commercials like they did in the 80s. Probabley cause the PERM faded. But its been a while since we had a prince charming on the box.
Trickamoto
12/5/2020 8:24am
My wife says she would give him a tugger if not even a blowey. Some guys have all the luck.
str8line
12/5/2020 8:35am
EngIceDave wrote:

"If the kid can go half as fast as the hype"

I see you had your Engine Ice smoothy this AM.
numbers
12/5/2020 8:48am
EngIceDave wrote:

str8line wrote:
"If the kid can go half as fast as the hype"

I see you had your Engine Ice smoothy this AM.
He was giving him a complement. Think Icey is a fan not a hater.
wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
12/5/2020 8:53am
mxjon454 wrote:
Could’ve/would’ve/should’ve won his what(?) 3rd sx race ever entered and won the last national this year. Barely turned 17 yrs old and won the national, got...
Could’ve/would’ve/should’ve won his what(?) 3rd sx race ever entered and won the last national this year. Barely turned 17 yrs old and won the national, got on the podium in sx at 16 yrs old. The last 16 yr old to come out and win was AC I believe. Before that I think was Millsaps and before Millsaps was Bubba and Pastrana. I’m not a fan of all the media super hype, but I think it’s deserved. He had a solid summer and was way ahead of any other rookie this year too. I wonder if Honda can get that bike up there or if he would’ve been better off signing with PC Kawi, Star Yamaha, or Factory KTM for a better bike but Hunter would’ve probably had a more difficult time finding a ride?
The crf won the championship last year. I think it is fast enough.
FerCzD
12/5/2020 9:37am
Fast and marketable. Bright future ahead of him. As someone mentioned earlier, as long as he doesn't make Austin's mistakes, the sky is only the limit. If he wins the next two SX championships, would he be the youngest premier class prospect in the last few years?
Monte122
12/5/2020 10:46am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2020 10:14pm
Jett is the whole package, 100% marketable! That’s where the money is!
gt80rider
12/5/2020 10:54am
Anybody else have the feeling that this kid is just wayyy too over hyped and if he doesnt consistently stay up the front all year round...
I've yet to see what all the hype is a out... same goes for sexton... fast, absolutely... title threat? Yet to be seen...
numbers
12/5/2020 11:30am
gt80rider wrote:
I've yet to see what all the hype is a out... same goes for sexton... fast, absolutely... title threat? Yet to be seen...
Your sure on a Debbie Downer day. Everything you've posted today was Negative. I still love you, lets pray.
aeffertz
12/5/2020 11:38am
gt80rider wrote:
Granted Jett is fast, hype and popularity isn’t just based on results or championships. Get a charismatic kid that has speed and it’s a win-win. I hate the term ‘influencer’ but he’s marketable as fuck. Handsome young dude with an Australian accent and has speed, it’s tough to not lean into him as a marketing platform.

I think popularity is often confused with “hype”. He is a race winning athlete and is entertaining off the bike. Tough to ignore.
12/5/2020 11:41am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2020 11:43am
I'm an Aussie, so I am cheering for both of the brothers.
The popularity or hype for Jett is deserved because of his early results, although we can look at Hunter and see the opposite side of Motocross fate.
Hunter had some early results and is just as talented, although due to luck and mistakes he is now almost a year behind in development.

Go Aussies.
12/5/2020 11:56am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2020 11:56am
Depends if he stays on 2 wheels or not. From what I heard his SX prep is going very well and most of the guys that saw him ride I've talked to told me he will be the man to beat in the 250 class.
Deja New
12/5/2020 12:16pm
How many times do you try and log in but put the wrong amount g’s in your name DizzyBlink
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
12/5/2020 12:17pm
Believe the hype! lol Hes the fastest 250 rider now that dylan moved up.

Post a reply to: Jett Lawrence

The Latest