Jett Law has the special thing

mxmaniac
10/21/2019 1:53am
Being Aussie... I am so friggin stoked!!! we have an exciting future of racing to watch. There is some fast young kids around in Aus also. I have been on the Regan Duffy bandwagon for a few years.. that kid is my favourite to watch and a young kid Alex Larwood
fanger
10/21/2019 2:08am
mxmaniac wrote:
Being Aussie... I am so friggin stoked!!! we have an exciting future of racing to watch. There is some fast young kids around in Aus also...
Being Aussie... I am so friggin stoked!!! we have an exciting future of racing to watch. There is some fast young kids around in Aus also. I have been on the Regan Duffy bandwagon for a few years.. that kid is my favourite to watch and a young kid Alex Larwood
Yeah Larwood is pretty fucking good, hope he can put it together in the seniors quick enough to get an overseas opportunity.
CPR
10/21/2019 2:12am
hamncheeze wrote:
While I think Jett is very talented and he is very entertaining, let's just back down the hype train here a bit. As impressive as his...
While I think Jett is very talented and he is very entertaining, let's just back down the hype train here a bit. As impressive as his riding was on Saturday, let's go back to Austin Forkner who won MEC 2x on a Supermini and 1x in the All-stars, arguably beating tougher competition than I think we saw Jett deal with.

https://archives.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1599/SAF2POINTS.pdf

We are now 3.5 seasons into the Forkner era and while he has won races and looked dominant, he's yet to seal anything up in terms of a title. Remember his first year of SX in the west coast whoops? And until we see Jett hammer the whoops consistently, and handle himself in traffic on a regular SX track, etc, it is way to early to say he's the next superstar.

Don't pile on me, I'm not being a hater here, just trying to insert a touch of pragmatic reasoning.
Crush wrote:
Not piling on, but if 3.5 years Jett has done what Austin has and with the same bright future, no-one will think it's a let-down. Austin...
Not piling on, but if 3.5 years Jett has done what Austin has and with the same bright future, no-one will think it's a let-down.

Austin is still one of the very brightest stars in the sport and bar AC maybe no-one else is more marketable from the younger generation.
Austin certainly is a talent but I wouldn't exactly call him the most marketable.
10/21/2019 2:58am
tobz wrote:
I cringe at most of the Lawrence's interviews. There's a difference between being yourself and being professional, put the donut away. I hope they go far...
I cringe at most of the Lawrence's interviews. There's a difference between being yourself and being professional, put the donut away.

I hope they go far as the gap between Reed and the next Aussie front runner is few and far between.

Big fan of the whole Lawrence family,very professional right from the start.Enjoyed following and watching all the success Hunter has had and very happy for him. But have to agree with tobz.. I cringed when neither of the presenters would take a bite of a his donut. As Aussie's would say "pull your head in mate". Jett has a big future, he dont need to carry on like a clown.

The Shop

Cortami79
10/21/2019 3:17am
BigMunster wrote:
Big fan of the whole Lawrence family,very professional right from the start.Enjoyed following and watching all the success Hunter has had and very happy for him...
Big fan of the whole Lawrence family,very professional right from the start.Enjoyed following and watching all the success Hunter has had and very happy for him. But have to agree with tobz.. I cringed when neither of the presenters would take a bite of a his donut. As Aussie's would say "pull your head in mate". Jett has a big future, he dont need to carry on like a clown.
He just turned 16 and doesn’t act like a robot. When the press conference was happening, he answered all required questions professionally while laughing a bit in between them. I think it was funny as long as he respectfully answered the journalists’ questions, which he did. The banter between him and his brother is funny. They both work really hard and when they win they have fun, which is good to me. It’s ten times more entertaining when you have some character instead of a robot thanking all of his sponsors like a video tape.
Crush
10/21/2019 3:46am Edited Date/Time 10/21/2019 3:47am
hamncheeze wrote:
While I think Jett is very talented and he is very entertaining, let's just back down the hype train here a bit. As impressive as his...
While I think Jett is very talented and he is very entertaining, let's just back down the hype train here a bit. As impressive as his riding was on Saturday, let's go back to Austin Forkner who won MEC 2x on a Supermini and 1x in the All-stars, arguably beating tougher competition than I think we saw Jett deal with.

https://archives.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1599/SAF2POINTS.pdf

We are now 3.5 seasons into the Forkner era and while he has won races and looked dominant, he's yet to seal anything up in terms of a title. Remember his first year of SX in the west coast whoops? And until we see Jett hammer the whoops consistently, and handle himself in traffic on a regular SX track, etc, it is way to early to say he's the next superstar.

Don't pile on me, I'm not being a hater here, just trying to insert a touch of pragmatic reasoning.
Crush wrote:
Not piling on, but if 3.5 years Jett has done what Austin has and with the same bright future, no-one will think it's a let-down. Austin...
Not piling on, but if 3.5 years Jett has done what Austin has and with the same bright future, no-one will think it's a let-down.

Austin is still one of the very brightest stars in the sport and bar AC maybe no-one else is more marketable from the younger generation.
CPR wrote:
Austin certainly is a talent but I wouldn't exactly call him the most marketable.
Dude. He's fuckin American pie, good looking, fast as shit, well spoken, funny, pretty articulate with a hot wife to be. Can skate, BMX and rides for the biggest (green) army in the sport.

Other people might tend to disagree.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
10/21/2019 4:11am
Crush wrote:
Dude. He's fuckin American pie, good looking, fast as shit, well spoken, funny, pretty articulate with a hot wife to be. Can skate, BMX and rides...
Dude. He's fuckin American pie, good looking, fast as shit, well spoken, funny, pretty articulate with a hot wife to be. Can skate, BMX and rides for the biggest (green) army in the sport.

I disagreed with five things you said about Forkner and gave you a thumbs down.Laughing 👍
Crush
10/21/2019 4:18am
Crush wrote:
Dude. He's fuckin American pie, good looking, fast as shit, well spoken, funny, pretty articulate with a hot wife to be. Can skate, BMX and rides...

EZZA 95B wrote:
I disagreed with five things you said about Forkner and gave you a thumbs down.Laughing 👍
You know how I know you're gay.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
10/21/2019 4:21am
Crush wrote:
You know how I know you're gay.
How'd you know I disagreed with the "hot wife to be" and not the "good looking" part?LaughingSilly
CPR
10/21/2019 4:27am
Crush wrote:

CPR wrote:
Crush wrote:

Sorry man I disagree too, he may be fast as shit but he comes across as an immature spoilt brat. Some of his on and off track reactions have been simply not cool! Thats why I think he's not so super marketable.
But hey, each to their own.
Crush
10/21/2019 4:42am
CPR wrote:
Sorry man I disagree too, he may be fast as shit but he comes across as an immature spoilt brat. Some of his on and off...
Sorry man I disagree too, he may be fast as shit but he comes across as an immature spoilt brat. Some of his on and off track reactions have been simply not cool! Thats why I think he's not so super marketable.
But hey, each to their own.
I must be forgetting some incidents because I honestly can’t think of anything.
10/21/2019 7:44am
“I don’t mean to correct you but he’s my sister”.
That was fantastic. Left the interviewers jaw on the ground
Press516
Fantasy
90th
10/21/2019 10:08am
I dig the Lawrences... But I do think Jett is going to be hunting Hunter early in the outdoor season.
gerg
10/21/2019 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 10/21/2019 3:53pm
Regarding his interviews they we're a bit cringe but yeah he's sixteen and TBH his arrogance and bravado I found to be hilarious. Reminds me a lot of Dan Ricciardo...total goofball off track but killer on track.

This will make a lot of people roll their eyes, but I do think he needs to be steered away from the "sister" sledging in public.
That stuffs fine for the practice track, but man if a top tier athlete in a main stream sport over here in Australia was to refer to a sibling as his "sister" even in jest there would be a two week fucking media lynch mob character assassination campaign over toxic masculinity.

I personally don't give a shit except concern that those sort of comments could do Jett more harm than good in this current world we live in.

Just 2c worth.
10/21/2019 4:29pm
Well I hope he gives two fingers to PC and paves the way back to centralist normality. Better than pandering on your knees to them. Aussie spirit.
peelout
10/21/2019 4:36pm
gerg wrote:
Regarding his interviews they we're a bit cringe but yeah he's sixteen and TBH his arrogance and bravado I found to be hilarious. Reminds me a...
Regarding his interviews they we're a bit cringe but yeah he's sixteen and TBH his arrogance and bravado I found to be hilarious. Reminds me a lot of Dan Ricciardo...total goofball off track but killer on track.

This will make a lot of people roll their eyes, but I do think he needs to be steered away from the "sister" sledging in public.
That stuffs fine for the practice track, but man if a top tier athlete in a main stream sport over here in Australia was to refer to a sibling as his "sister" even in jest there would be a two week fucking media lynch mob character assassination campaign over toxic masculinity.

I personally don't give a shit except concern that those sort of comments could do Jett more harm than good in this current world we live in.

Just 2c worth.
you sound just like my sister
wardy
10/21/2019 9:28pm
I had a craving for doughnuts.

but that is never going away.

first i seen the kid, and he is what the sport needs.
germansxguy
Fantasy
653rd
10/22/2019 3:50pm
it seems like you all forget where he was riding before he went to the us. if you look at the way jett is riding it’s pretty obvious that he got trained and influenced by heiko roczen, ken’s dad. i mean he even was pretty much on the same suzuki team as kenny back then.
if you watch him now, just watch a ken pre injury vid and you know what i mean.
old man roczen know’s how to build a champion.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
10/23/2019 3:14am
Crush wrote:
What the fuck is going on with the Aussie talent right now. Crazy
aaryn #234 wrote:
Did you check out Clout's lap times compared to Brayton's on the weekend, he has stepped it up, that track on Saturday night was nothing to...
Did you check out Clout's lap times compared to Brayton's on the weekend, he has stepped it up, that track on Saturday night was nothing to sneeze at either, was freaking huge.

Things are looking good for the Aussies, looks like another three in MX2 next year, though hoping Wilson Todd did not do to much damage on Sat night.

I still have to watch Monster Energy Cup, will do that tonight.
Crush wrote:
Nah haven't. He seems like he has gotten better but the comfort at home thing can't be ignored. Like Matthes ranting about Canadians being fast at...
Nah haven't.

He seems like he has gotten better but the comfort at home thing can't be ignored. Like Matthes ranting about Canadians being fast at home. I don't think he showed his best in the US stint but having said that I don't think his best is what some of these kids can be either.
Have a feeling Clout might get another chance in the U.S Smile , but yeah for sure taking that speed and consistency to another country is not always easy.

I have been pleasantly surprised with the depth of talent in the Aus, Supercross ranks and just how good some of the young guys are, especially some privateers.

Connor Tierney is super solid, Regan Duffy on Saturday night just got quick and quick as the night went on, the kid is even more talented that I thought he already was.

We are a good 5 years into our new look SX series here in Aus, The series prior to that with Konsky and Sargent as well so 5-8 years deep with some sort of SX series and it looks to be paying off.

I think the next wave of juniors coming through are looking at SX more now, the 85 kids at round one were impressive, at the next round even the 65 kids get to ride the full SX track, not that they will be hucking the triple, but would not surprise me to see one of them take aim at a finish line double unless they are told it is a no go.

Will i see you at Wollongong and or Marvel ?
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
10/23/2019 3:16am
mxmaniac wrote:
Being Aussie... I am so friggin stoked!!! we have an exciting future of racing to watch. There is some fast young kids around in Aus also...
Larwood was super smooth around the Adelaide SX track last year and on another level at the Aussies this year.

Blake Fox is super talented, I may be a little biased as I am actually getting to see more of the junior racing these days, but the future looks good at the moment for the young Aussies coming through.

Post a reply to: Jett Law has the special thing

The Latest