Jett Boots: quality product

MotoGuido
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 5:40pm
Just want to plug Jett boots right now! They saved my ankle yesterday!

I've been riding for more than 2 decades now, went away from MX for a few years and alot has changed. In my day everyone was wearing the Astars tech 8, MC had them and they were the hottest boot to have. Flash forward to 2010 and most of my friends my age are still rocking them and swear by them. The main reason I didn't want to get another pair was the break in time, and the irony that I always felt in that once they were broken in, the ankle area was sloppy. That and I wear a size 13 and at that size they are heavy as hell and bulky.

So I was thinking about the Gaerne sg12 because they are quality and they have the hinge. But they are way to bulky as well. Tech 10's have a slim toe but I wasn't into the rest of the feel.

So I saw the Jett boots and with the price it seemed like a no brainer. Ordered a pair and they are awesome! Tons of plastic protection, functioning hinge, slimmest profile, very light.

So I'm at the track last night and the sun is setting, it's getting shadowy. I come down this section where it's two back to back tables in a straight. 1st one is 4th pinned to make it over, second is big but a bit of a coaster cuz the landing goes into a sharp left. I hit the first jump and land into the shadow leading up to jump two, overshot a little bit and landed hard bottoming the bike, put my foot close enough to the ground to get it knocked off by a big rock or braking bump or something. So my left foot goes off the peg, gets run over, stalls the bike, kicks the rear way out to the right, I'm going up the face of this jump sideways. I muscle it back in the air, land it, bumpstarts the bike, pull the clutch in, just in time to go launching off the backside of the burm. I came to a stop and just sat there bewildered. I flexed my ankle back and forth and my knee, etc. to make sure I wasn't in shock.

I really do not believe a leather boot would have saved me in this situation. This thing is like a brace. It was put to the test.. a CR250 with a ~250lbs on top of it, ran it over, totally flexed it sideways, and my ankle is great.

Just wanted to share that, there isn't much out there about these boots but I'm very impressed so far. Only thing is it could use some more grip area on the inner parts of the boot.
|
newmann
11/20/2010 7:18am
I'm a 13 Tech 8 also. How does the 13 Jett fit in comparison?
Mstock
11/20/2010 7:37am
Yep. Best boots on the market.
lumpy790
11/20/2010 7:52am
I have seen them at Privateer Connection and they look good. I need a new pair of boots to replace my Tech 8's and I might give these a try.
mac3-d
11/20/2010 8:58am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2010 2:05pm
butlers brothers race team used them can't paste photos in

www.jettboots.com

check it out looks like you could use the inner part for the road

~fixed your link -OC

The Shop

MotoGuido
11/20/2010 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 11/20/2010 1:56pm
newmann wrote:
I'm a 13 Tech 8 also. How does the 13 Jett fit in comparison?
Sorry I neglected to say that I go down to a size 12 in my motoboots. So compared to all the other boots I tried, sidi, Tech 10, Tech 8, Gaerne, the outside are the slimmest. The interior fit was similar to Gaerne. Haven't tried the new tech 8's but they fit similar to my old ones.
Mstock
11/20/2010 3:22pm
I have refrained from talking about this boot in fear that demand will drive up the price. Truth is after 8 months, twice a week practice, and twice a month racing they feel the same as the day I bought them. At a selling price of around $325 there is nothing even close. My guess is that they will last 4 seasons and if something gets destroyed in a horrific crash every single component is replaceable. Buy them now becuase once Jett grows they are going to pay a top pro buku money and the price will double. As it should.
SMITH201
11/20/2010 3:26pm
and they have real bits of Jett in them, so you know they're good.
fencepost
11/20/2010 4:45pm
ocscottie wrote:
nice looking boot [img]http://www.jettboots.com/uploads/lists/11/white.jpg[/img]
nice looking boot

Why do i think of Star Wars after seeing this pic?
dehner47
11/20/2010 4:50pm
fencepost wrote:
Ding Ding Ding!!!! we have a winner!!!
MotoGuido
11/20/2010 5:13pm
fencepost wrote:
dehner47 wrote:
Ding Ding Ding!!!! we have a winner!!!
Oh please you could say that about any of the white boots on the market!

BTW I have these:

Post a reply to: Jett Boots: quality product

The Latest