Jessy Nelson Vents on Instagram

jemcee
6/21/2019 6:22pm
tingo wrote:
The irony of this thread quickly leaving the topic (Jesse) to focus on something else. Sorry to see him going through this phase of his life...
The irony of this thread quickly leaving the topic (Jesse) to focus on something else. Sorry to see him going through this phase of his life, but all things considered, looks like he is making the best of his situation. It's probably hard not to be a bit jaded at the sport and people he used to work with.
Haha was just about to post the same thing..
After his accident thread after thread asking how he was, now a thread starts after he posts, essentially a cry for attention to how he's feeling forgotten, and boom a few posts in it's hijacked for unions
jemcee
6/21/2019 6:27pm
tingo wrote:
The irony of this thread quickly leaving the topic (Jesse) to focus on something else. Sorry to see him going through this phase of his life...
The irony of this thread quickly leaving the topic (Jesse) to focus on something else. Sorry to see him going through this phase of his life, but all things considered, looks like he is making the best of his situation. It's probably hard not to be a bit jaded at the sport and people he used to work with.
kkawboy14 wrote:
Why? He’s s guy that didn’t realize he had a job. It happens on every job, people leave and realize they weren’t friends but just work...
Why?

He’s s guy that didn’t realize he had a job. It happens on every job, people leave and realize they weren’t friends but just work mates!
No it's not just that, it's way deeper! I explained on page 2 (I think).. You don't get it and I hope you never will
6/21/2019 6:49pm
"especially sponsors! Wish I wouldn’t have broke my shit off for a few of those people attached to my jersey"

So did a sponsor drop him and he's taking it personal?
6/21/2019 7:14pm
Hotels skip floor 13 but you have that # on your racebike ? Yikes, never really thought about that one.
My source has mentioned American Honda/ paid for Roczens 1st arm injury to get him back asap. If Ken told Jessy that, is he implying KTM "the powerhouse" should have paid for his? I don't know about them apples.
When I got sober and the lights came on, my friends scattered like roaches. Stay positive Jessy.

The Shop

kkawboy14
6/21/2019 7:28pm
tingo wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Why? He’s s guy that didn’t realize he had a job. It happens on every job, people leave and realize they weren’t friends but just work...
Why?

He’s s guy that didn’t realize he had a job. It happens on every job, people leave and realize they weren’t friends but just work mates!
jemcee wrote:
No it's not just that, it's way deeper! I explained on page 2 (I think).. You don't get it and I hope you never will
I understand it’s not just that BUT it would be so bad if the people that he thought were his “friends” called him more often!

They aren’t his friends! He pointed that out himself!
APLMAN99
6/21/2019 7:30pm
Real life says that this is incorrect.

Professionals in sports with unions/bargaining groups still seem to have plenty of endorsements/sponsorships in addition to their salaries paid by their employers/franchise owners.

jemcee
6/21/2019 7:42pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Why?

jemcee wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
I understand it’s not just that BUT it would be so bad if the people that he thought were his “friends” called him more often! They...
I understand it’s not just that BUT it would be so bad if the people that he thought were his “friends” called him more often!

They aren’t his friends! He pointed that out himself!
Yeah but it's not just that you feel that you've lost 'friends' you feel like they, along with the rest of the world are leaving you behind and like you don't matter or they have no time for you because you're in a chair.. Not at all saying this is the case it just feels like it!
Also I should say I'm not exactly sure why he expects more from his past sponsors, but I don't know what his relationships with them were, maybe they promised the world.. Like I said it's just the stages you go through
oldblood
6/21/2019 7:44pm
Maybe there is an alternative. What if 0.25 of every ticket went into a fund to look after the riders in need. Also, there would be a riders council, made
up of ex pros, volenteering to sit on the board, to advise the industry and promoters(privately) on matters of concern. Also, it would be cool to have someone to keep in touch with former pro's, to make sure that everything is okay. This would be a non binding, effective tool to insure the health of our sport.
Or, we could just keep going.
oldblood
6/21/2019 7:53pm
An advisory council.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
6/21/2019 8:05pm
oldblood wrote:
An advisory council.
Read what Trey Canard had to say.

https://motocrossactionmag.com/mxa-interview-trey-canard-talks-testing-…

YOU ATTEMPTED TO SPEARHEAD A GROUP THAT WOULD WORK WITH EVERYONE TO IMPROVE RIDER SAFETY, BUT IT NEVER REALLY TOOK OFF DID IT? You know, I thought that there was a need, so I said “hey, I will do something,” especially when I first retired. I thought that other people felt the same way, and I think a lot of people do feel the same way. But you are exactly right, I hardly had any support. The general comment was you are never going to really do anything about it — and that is 100% correct. Not everyone is willing to be a part of that. I am not pointing that against anyone. I think that they are all doing their very best and their intentions are good, but I do think the riders need a representative and an advocate. Honestly, I was very discouraged by it, and I did not really know where to go from where I was.

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THIS IS A GIANT MACHINE THAT KEEPS MOVING. IF ONE PERSON HAS AN IDEA IT’S DIFFICULT TO REALLY ADOPT IT. Yes, there was no power behind me. Maybe I had some good ideas, maybe I did not, but at least I was trying to help. It does not have to be Feld against AMA, or the riders. What it comes down to is communication, and hearing out what people need, and trying to accommodate that. In order to do that, the riders and the teams need some sort of power—and right now, they don’t have it. This is why I think what I was trying to do never really took off, because I have no way, and until there is some sort of way, I don’t know if anything will be able to get done.

Honestly a little bit of that comes back on the community because if we truly want to make change, we all need to stand together. I think there is a lack of commitment in that way, when it comes to making changes. It is a very difficult thing to talk about, especially when there are so many different opinions or so many different ideas. Very few people are willing to come together, and be tolerant of other people’s ideas, or even be in the same room. Really what needs to happen is that the communities come together, and I don’t know if that is really going to be something that happens.

oldblood
6/21/2019 8:15pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2019 8:16pm
oldblood wrote:
An advisory council.
lostboy819 wrote:
Read what Trey Canard had to say. https://motocrossactionmag.com/mxa-interview-trey-canard-talks-testing-for-honda-and-lime-gate/ YOU ATTEMPTED TO SPEARHEAD A GROUP THAT WOULD WORK WITH EVERYONE TO IMPROVE RIDER SAFETY, BUT IT NEVER...

YOU ATTEMPTED TO SPEARHEAD A GROUP THAT WOULD WORK WITH EVERYONE TO IMPROVE RIDER SAFETY, BUT IT NEVER REALLY TOOK OFF DID IT? You know, I thought that there was a need, so I said “hey, I will do something,” especially when I first retired. I thought that other people felt the same way, and I think a lot of people do feel the same way. But you are exactly right, I hardly had any support. The general comment was you are never going to really do anything about it — and that is 100% correct. Not everyone is willing to be a part of that. I am not pointing that against anyone. I think that they are all doing their very best and their intentions are good, but I do think the riders need a representative and an advocate. Honestly, I was very discouraged by it, and I did not really know where to go from where I was.

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THIS IS A GIANT MACHINE THAT KEEPS MOVING. IF ONE PERSON HAS AN IDEA IT’S DIFFICULT TO REALLY ADOPT IT. Yes, there was no power behind me. Maybe I had some good ideas, maybe I did not, but at least I was trying to help. It does not have to be Feld against AMA, or the riders. What it comes down to is communication, and hearing out what people need, and trying to accommodate that. In order to do that, the riders and the teams need some sort of power—and right now, they don’t have it. This is why I think what I was trying to do never really took off, because I have no way, and until there is some sort of way, I don’t know if anything will be able to get done.

Honestly a little bit of that comes back on the community because if we truly want to make change, we all need to stand together. I think there is a lack of commitment in that way, when it comes to making changes. It is a very difficult thing to talk about, especially when there are so many different opinions or so many different ideas. Very few people are willing to come together, and be tolerant of other people’s ideas, or even be in the same room. Really what needs to happen is that the communities come together, and I don’t know if that is really going to be something that happens.

He should definitely be involved. But in order to have 'teeth', there needs to be Roger, Mitch, Donnie, Fox, Wardy, RJ, David Bailey, Donnie Hanen, Brad Lackey, Dan Bentley, Eric Kehoe, Gary Semics, Jimmy Wienert, Jeff Stanton, RJ, etc.
APLMAN99
6/21/2019 8:32pm
Again, real life says you're wrong. One of my son's classmates ended up signing a baseball contract instead of going to UCLA. He made more money from his shoes, clothing, and glove sponsors than he did in his baseball salary.

There's little reason to believe that the riders would suffer a reduction in their current income streams if they were able to negotiate a better percentage of the take with the promoting entity.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
6/21/2019 8:51pm
oldblood wrote:
An advisory council.
lostboy819 wrote:
Read what Trey Canard had to say. https://motocrossactionmag.com/mxa-interview-trey-canard-talks-testing-for-honda-and-lime-gate/ YOU ATTEMPTED TO SPEARHEAD A GROUP THAT WOULD WORK WITH EVERYONE TO IMPROVE RIDER SAFETY, BUT IT NEVER...

oldblood wrote:
He should definitely be involved. But in order to have 'teeth', there needs to be Roger, Mitch, Donnie, Fox, Wardy, RJ, David Bailey, Donnie Hanen, Brad...
He should definitely be involved. But in order to have 'teeth', there needs to be Roger, Mitch, Donnie, Fox, Wardy, RJ, David Bailey, Donnie Hanen, Brad Lackey, Dan Bentley, Eric Kehoe, Gary Semics, Jimmy Wienert, Jeff Stanton, RJ, etc.
What part don't you understand ? The riders are not interested neither are the teams and I don't think any of the guys on your list give a damn either, so why is everyone trying to save the poor riders who don't want to be saved.
APLMAN99
6/21/2019 8:57pm
The kid only made it to the high A level in baseball. There was very little viewership or exposure.

There is no reason to believe that the OEMs, gear companies, or other sponsors would reduce their compensation just because the riders were able to get a higher percentage of the gross from the events that they are participating in.

Actually, if part of that increase is in the form of better insurance/disability coverage, it may make the OEMs able to pay more for a rider's salary.
mxb2
6/21/2019 8:57pm
lostboy819 wrote:

oldblood wrote:
He should definitely be involved. But in order to have 'teeth', there needs to be Roger, Mitch, Donnie, Fox, Wardy, RJ, David Bailey, Donnie Hanen, Brad...
lostboy819 wrote:
What part don't you understand ? The riders are not interested neither are the teams and I don't think any of the guys on your list...
What part don't you understand ? The riders are not interested neither are the teams and I don't think any of the guys on your list give a damn either, so why is everyone trying to save the poor riders who don't want to be saved.
Or why dont the vital people who want a union so bad,do something about it. Complaining on vital isnt doing anything.
kunk
Fantasy
3008th
6/21/2019 9:01pm
Tell that to a coal miner... [EDIT] I regret posting this in Jessy's thead. It is not germaine. I can be reached via pm, as I...
Tell that to a coal miner...

[EDIT]
I regret posting this in Jessy's thead. It is not germaine. I can be reached via pm, as I enjoy the dialogue.

I hope Jessy relies on those that want to be friends----not those who feel obligated. He's a smart young man who is overcoming significant adversity.
Helda wrote:
I'm a coal miner the unions are fucked
Once there is no solidarity that happens. Keep believing union busters care about you.
oldblood
6/21/2019 9:04pm
oldblood wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
What part don't you understand ? The riders are not interested neither are the teams and I don't think any of the guys on your list...
mxb2 wrote:
Or why dont the vital people who want a union so bad,do something about it. Complaining on vital isnt doing anything.
I was just offering an alternative to a 'riders onion', that sounds scary to the industry (and it should ), but an 'advisory council ' is much better. It could even lead to better racing.
APLMAN99
6/21/2019 9:08pm
oldblood wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
I'm not sure exactly what the spectators of the professional sport are really able to do on their own, but I certainly hate to see professional athletes need to rely on GoFundMe campaigns to help finance their recovery and future healthcare after suffering life altering injuries.

Not sure how to address practice crashes, but collective bargaining to cover disability for participants in sanctioned events would at least be a good start at least.

YamahaJT1
6/21/2019 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2019 9:11pm
Man... I hate this.

Jessy had the worst shit happen, but a small group gave their best to try to make the best of it. They didn't know the extent of injury, but genuinely cared.

You buy an AMA membership, join a "Riding Club", sign a waiver, etc. Insurance is in question.

Every person who has the intestinal fortitude and designated AMA skill level status to attempt to qualify for an Outdoor National deserves 100% health insurance coverage. NO QUESTION. They have the card.

Such great folks in PRO MX... Riders are super accessible, friendly, and so fucking happy to meet their fans.

Again, I cannot fathom losing what Jessy lost.

mxb2
6/21/2019 9:23pm
lostboy819 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
oldblood wrote:
I was just offering an alternative to a 'riders onion', that sounds scary to the industry (and it should ), but an 'advisory council ' is...
I was just offering an alternative to a 'riders onion', that sounds scary to the industry (and it should ), but an 'advisory council ' is much better. It could even lead to better racing.
What steps are you taking to help? Beside vital posts.
oldblood
6/21/2019 9:25pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2019 7:31am
Racer X should ask 25 (give or take), industry experts how to make racing sx and mx safer and more exciting for spectators. Including DV and GL. As well as the old school pros, and especially the team managers.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
6/21/2019 10:15pm
oldblood wrote:
I was just offering an alternative to a 'riders onion', that sounds scary to the industry (and it should ), but an 'advisory council ' is...
And again no one in the industry is interested.
oldblood
6/21/2019 10:53pm
oldblood wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
And again no one in the industry is interested.
Ok then. Who's your pick for the 450 class win tommorrow?
6/22/2019 12:28pm
bents wrote:
For all of you bashing your unions, can you speak to your level of pay, job opportunities, pension when you retire, vs the same scenario if...
For all of you bashing your unions, can you speak to your level of pay, job opportunities, pension when you retire, vs the same scenario if you had been a non union worker throughout your career? And I'm not saying corruption doesn't it exist-obviously it does. Buts let not throw the baby out with the bathwater here. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely, be it union or non union.
kkawboy14 wrote:
They would be making half the pay with no pension, when they aren’t pushing the button for the machine to move the car forward they would...
They would be making half the pay with no pension, when they aren’t pushing the button for the machine to move the car forward they would have to bend over and pick up some trash on the floor!....,
Union pipefitter here our union does nothing but good we get paid double what the non union do have great benefits and great representation sucks you guys are in bad unions but not all work that way and I’m very thankful they’re around.
Sluggo77
6/22/2019 6:40pm
lostboy819 wrote:

oldblood wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
The majority of riders are barely educated 16-22 year old kids who think they are invincible. They are not interested because they are ignorant or too immature. They need adult leadership. It is not so much trying to save anyone just common sense to have a safety net for one of the most dangerous professional sports in the world.
oldblood
6/22/2019 9:31pm
oldblood wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
Sluggo77 wrote:
The majority of riders are barely educated 16-22 year old kids who think they are invincible. They are not interested because they are ignorant or too...
The majority of riders are barely educated 16-22 year old kids who think they are invincible. They are not interested because they are ignorant or too immature. They need adult leadership. It is not so much trying to save anyone just common sense to have a safety net for one of the most dangerous professional sports in the world.
As long as it's not 'adult leadership' trying to line their pockets.

Post a reply to: Jessy Nelson Vents on Instagram

The Latest