Jessy Nelson Vents on Instagram

aeffertz
View this post on Instagram

Throwback day has me thinking about how things would be in the lights class if I never broke my spine apart, it’s a little cliche and overdrawn but live and learn? At least now I see who’s around in my life and the real people in it. People I trained with everyday or friends I had, hardly even speak to you anymore really unless they need something....especially sponsors! Wish I wouldn’t have broke my shit off for a few of those people attached to my jersey. I see it as a positive now that I know how they truly are. Just wish other people could see, maybe that name or brand wouldn’t be so big🤷🏼‍♂️ Keep looking up because I’ve got a powerhouse of good people behind me and I’m making that next push with my friends @4wheelpartsofficial & @polarisrzr •@_jonesn_ edit of course📽

A post shared by JessyNelson (@jessynelson79) on Jun 20, 2019 at 12:26pm PDT

"Throwback day has me thinking about how things would be in the lights class if I never broke my spine apart, it’s a little cliche and overdrawn but live and learn? At least now I see who’s around in my life and the real people in it. People I trained with everyday or friends I had, hardly even speak to you anymore really unless they need something....especially sponsors! Wish I wouldn’t have broke my shit off for a few of those people attached to my jersey. I see it as a positive now that I know how they truly are. Just wish other people could see, maybe that name or brand wouldn’t be so big🤷🏼‍♂️ Keep looking up because I’ve got a powerhouse of good people behind me and I’m making that next push with my friends @4wheelpartsofficial & @polarisrzr •@_jonesn_ edit of course📽"
|
reded
6/20/2019 4:23pm
Dig at KTM or TLD?
aeffertz
6/20/2019 4:28pm
reded wrote:
Dig at KTM or TLD?
He's still wears a RedBull painted TLD helmet in his side-by-side.
Texas Built
6/20/2019 4:30pm
It's no secret that you find out who your real friends are when shit goes south in your life. Jessy knows now.
6/20/2019 4:37pm
It's no secret that you find out who your real friends are when shit goes south in your life. Jessy knows now.
Tru dat

The Shop

kkawboy14
6/20/2019 4:45pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 4:46pm
It’s a business!

The sooner these kids learn that, the faster they will create a riders union and skip the mxdn
Mr. Info
6/20/2019 4:48pm
Your real friends are the ones you grew up with and didn’t care what you did as a hobby then a profession.
The ones who hear your home up along the coast and wanna hang out and just bullshit about life, Paso Fair chicks and lake shit. If any of us knew in life things would or could change for better or worse we might all do things different. I’m not living in your life but I know enough from friends it’s not always great every day.
We can’t go backwards and sometimes I am glad but until the Lord takes me no matter what my obstacles I will push on. Because I only have this one chance. God Bless you Jessy
Sluggo77
6/20/2019 5:13pm
Legit question. Do unions not help other pro athletes in the 4 major sports leagues?
Salary wise it is a joke compared to NFL players for example. If they were organized maybe they would have the power to negotiate a cut of the gate. With no riders there is no show.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
6/20/2019 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 5:21pm
Sluggo77 wrote:
Legit question. Do unions not help other pro athletes in the 4 major sports leagues? Salary wise it is a joke compared to NFL players for...
Legit question. Do unions not help other pro athletes in the 4 major sports leagues?
Salary wise it is a joke compared to NFL players for example. If they were organized maybe they would have the power to negotiate a cut of the gate. With no riders there is no show.
Feld doesnt see it that way. If it truly came to it I think Feld would just get the next fastest 40 and pay them the same payout.

Factory riders are good and well as long as they go out and race. Rebellion would probably be suicide for the riders with the factories and/or the fim/feld/mx sports. Even for guys like Eli, Kenny, and Webb.
6/20/2019 5:21pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
It’s a business!

The sooner these kids learn that, the faster they will create a riders union and skip the mxdn
Union with full medical YES.

Skip the MXON, NO, you guys are pussies.
Red Crawford
6/20/2019 5:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 8:01pm
Tell that to a coal miner...

[EDIT]
I regret posting this in Jessy's thead. It is not germaine. I can be reached via pm, as I enjoy the dialogue.

I hope Jessy relies on those that want to be friends----not those who feel obligated. He's a smart young man who is overcoming significant adversity.
Forty
6/20/2019 5:33pm
“Nobody knows you when you’re down and out “
Jimmy Cox
Shawn142
6/20/2019 5:37pm
Sluggo77 wrote:
Legit question. Do unions not help other pro athletes in the 4 major sports leagues? Salary wise it is a joke compared to NFL players for...
It would have to be from the top down since factory contracts structure riders as contractors for the teams. So you'd have to convince the very richest of the sport to care about the very poorest to close the income gap. Stop me when this sounds familiar.
byke
6/20/2019 5:45pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 5:46pm
The moto industry is a really funny sport, money-wise. I haven't seen a group of bigger tightasses in my life. Lots of them making good money at the top, but their guys have to double-up on the shittiest hotels, fly four stops halfway around the country just to go 800 miles, get no per diem for meals, and then heaven help you if you're not working seven 12's "because you love the sport". They take such terrible advantage of people's passion it's ridiculous and embarrassing. Go work any middleclass salary job and travel is ten times better than for the average moto worker. I generally dislike unions, but I'd really like to see a moto union that extends beyond the riders.
atrdrvr7
6/20/2019 5:57pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 6:00pm
There an old saying about unions. "The company gets as much union as they deserve". Feld is effing these young guys. Only the top 10 make any kind of real money. Feld sits back and collects. Sad!

I work under a Union (ALPA). All members are highly educated, and motivated. I can tell you first hand that the company will make every end-around to negate/diminish negotiated work rules. A union is sometimes a necessary means to prevent that. And they do.

Feld has free reign to do as they please. Guys like Jessy Nelson are paying the price for that.
mb60
6/20/2019 6:07pm
Sluggo77 wrote:
mx 219 wrote:
Feld doesnt see it that way. If it truly came to it I think Feld would just get the next fastest 40 and pay them the...
Feld doesnt see it that way. If it truly came to it I think Feld would just get the next fastest 40 and pay them the same payout.

Factory riders are good and well as long as they go out and race. Rebellion would probably be suicide for the riders with the factories and/or the fim/feld/mx sports. Even for guys like Eli, Kenny, and Webb.
Yes people are lining up by the thousands to watch arenacross or overseas racing. People come to watch the stars of the sports world. So yes a riders union would work but only if the factories support it also.
Helda
6/20/2019 6:10pm
Tell that to a coal miner... [EDIT] I regret posting this in Jessy's thead. It is not germaine. I can be reached via pm, as I...

[EDIT]
I regret posting this in Jessy's thead. It is not germaine. I can be reached via pm, as I enjoy the dialogue.

I hope Jessy relies on those that want to be friends----not those who feel obligated. He's a smart young man who is overcoming significant adversity.
I'm a coal miner the unions are fucked
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
6/20/2019 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 6:20pm
mb60 wrote:
Yes people are lining up by the thousands to watch arenacross or overseas racing. People come to watch the stars of the sports world. So yes...
Yes people are lining up by the thousands to watch arenacross or overseas racing. People come to watch the stars of the sports world. So yes a riders union would work but only if the factories support it also.
Everyone wants to watch Roczen and Eli because they're the fastest riders. We know this because we see them racing for Feld each week. If the only guys we see racing are the 20th and 21st best riders then they will be winning and be the stars of the sport.

Eli and Roczen want a platform to show theyre the best, Feld provide that and thats where the income comes from for these guys. If there was an alternative for the stars to go to then you have a point, but Feld have a monopoly, and if the riders want to make any type of money in the sport then they need to show up in the arena created by Feld.
6/20/2019 6:21pm
It's horrible that he has been made to feel this way. I would hope that if hes gonna throw that out there at all he would give more detail. A blanket statement about sponsors kind of casts a bad shadow on all of his previous sponsors, for obvious reasons. these riders sacrifice everything to represent these brands. That being said, nobody forced them to. This could happen to the local c class rider with no sponsors at all. At the end of the day we all make the decision to ride on our own. These guys race for the love of the sport first and the money second. This is an unfortunate circumstance of the pendulum swinging the wrong way this time.
Sluggo77
6/20/2019 6:23pm
Sluggo77 wrote:
Shawn142 wrote:
It would have to be from the top down since factory contracts structure riders as contractors for the teams. So you'd have to convince the very...
It would have to be from the top down since factory contracts structure riders as contractors for the teams. So you'd have to convince the very richest of the sport to care about the very poorest to close the income gap. Stop me when this sounds familiar.
Yeah that does make sense for a non team sport. That thinking doesn't work so well with team sports. The star QB needs the guy protecting him to get paid well too or his career will be short. I guess humans are selfish unless it benefits them not to be, or they are forced not to be. That being said, even the star players benefit from unions. Instead of 20 M contracts they get 200 M $ contracts.
With a union, riders like Roczen and Tomac could add another zero to their contracts. They literally are the show for 17 Stadium events, more than the equivalent of an NFL season. Plus they are risking their lives, so its not like they don't deserve a lion's share of the gate.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
6/20/2019 6:30pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 6:31pm
I just want to say that his wife is one hell of a woman for standing by his side through all of his injuries and sticking with him. He's a lucky guy and she's a lucky gal! Jessy is one of the true good guys of the sport.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
6/20/2019 6:44pm
atrdrvr7 wrote:
There an old saying about unions. "The company gets as much union as they deserve". Feld is effing these young guys. Only the top 10 make...
There an old saying about unions. "The company gets as much union as they deserve". Feld is effing these young guys. Only the top 10 make any kind of real money. Feld sits back and collects. Sad!

I work under a Union (ALPA). All members are highly educated, and motivated. I can tell you first hand that the company will make every end-around to negate/diminish negotiated work rules. A union is sometimes a necessary means to prevent that. And they do.

Feld has free reign to do as they please. Guys like Jessy Nelson are paying the price for that.

I know DC is a good guy, but why does MX Sports always get a free pass in these discussions? From my 1,000 mile view, his company takes advantage of the riders just as much, if not more. Crappy payout, entry and pit fees, T-shirt/vendor monopoly and then monopoly on the Amateur dream with LL and all the qualifiers.
Drtbykr
6/20/2019 6:45pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2019 6:36am
She is obviously committed to him, and very beautiful.

Unfortunately he is stating the obvious in life, work, play.

I know two people in wheelchairs who have Paralympic medals, from bronze to gold for 🇨🇦.
Both are in their chairs due to accidents, one car and the other a street bike accident.

I suffer from MDD, triggered by my own depression issues exploding due to mental illnesses my oldest has. It’s so f’ing sad I can’t process it.

Have no idea how going from an all that MX racer to ending up in a chair would affect a person, hope he keeps dialogue with some that have to assist him.

I miss seeing him pull great starts and having orange up front.

The interesting part I think I know, is almost every top level rider in a chair would jump right back into the game if they could somehow physically get back on a bike. Born racers, must be tough.

The Paralympic friends I work with and talk about, they have done a lot of cool things in their lives, even with the incredible turns. There aren’t many people you can always count on that aren’t family.

Good luck to him, and Blake.

A union is only as strong as its memberships common interest and willingness to strike. I had the learning experience and misfortune to be a union unit president for a term. People practically begged me.
Here is the best way I can describe a union. Although I can think of one in my province that works pretty well, it’s members would strike in a heartbeat.

It’s one for all and all for one, .....until it isn’t.

Individual sport like MX, be tough.
Requirements, policies and regulations would. (purse, safety equipment, insurance or group insurance).

Good luck Mr. and Mrs. Nelson. Let the trailers fall off the coattail, no great loss.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
6/20/2019 6:55pm
mb60 wrote:
Yes people are lining up by the thousands to watch arenacross or overseas racing. People come to watch the stars of the sports world. So yes...
haydos25 wrote:
Everyone wants to watch Roczen and Eli because they're the fastest riders. We know this because we see them racing for Feld each week. If the...
Everyone wants to watch Roczen and Eli because they're the fastest riders. We know this because we see them racing for Feld each week. If the only guys we see racing are the 20th and 21st best riders then they will be winning and be the stars of the sport.

Eli and Roczen want a platform to show theyre the best, Feld provide that and thats where the income comes from for these guys. If there was an alternative for the stars to go to then you have a point, but Feld have a monopoly, and if the riders want to make any type of money in the sport then they need to show up in the arena created by Feld.
This is what i meant more or less...only the fastest if you are able to show it on the track.
dean122
6/20/2019 7:23pm
The bummer about all this is that post leaves so much for speculation and will piss more people off than generate support.
500 Mike
6/20/2019 7:33pm
Tell that to a coal miner... [EDIT] I regret posting this in Jessy's thead. It is not germaine. I can be reached via pm, as I...

[EDIT]

There aren’t that many left. What’s that tell ya?
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
6/20/2019 7:43pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 7:45pm
I feel for Jessy,

But it happens in all forms of life. Losing relationships and friendships when you are out of site. It sucks, but.... Out of site, out of mind. Even past racers that have won championships and are still healthy. Once they are out of the sport entirely, even with the best intentions, people lose contact, life goes on unless they stay in a position that put’s them within that gated community at every race we refer to as the pits. 😬

When you leave high school, you tell all your buddies you are going to stay in contact. Same for college, or an old job or neighborhood. The true friends will be around forever, cherish those people
brocster
6/20/2019 7:52pm
dean122 wrote:
The bummer about all this is that post leaves so much for speculation and will piss more people off than generate support.
Not really, those STILL close to him know he’s not talking about them, as they should...
Shawn142
6/20/2019 8:37pm
Sluggo77 wrote:
Yeah that does make sense for a non team sport. That thinking doesn't work so well with team sports. The star QB needs the guy protecting...
Yeah that does make sense for a non team sport. That thinking doesn't work so well with team sports. The star QB needs the guy protecting him to get paid well too or his career will be short. I guess humans are selfish unless it benefits them not to be, or they are forced not to be. That being said, even the star players benefit from unions. Instead of 20 M contracts they get 200 M $ contracts.
With a union, riders like Roczen and Tomac could add another zero to their contracts. They literally are the show for 17 Stadium events, more than the equivalent of an NFL season. Plus they are risking their lives, so its not like they don't deserve a lion's share of the gate.
We've been through all this before but it really comes down to one serious issue. The top guys who get paid to race by a team are contractors for said team. While Feld pays those guys for a finishing position they are not the ones employing those riders, or anyone except the support staff. None of the riders are employees of any organization directly tied to Feld like with the NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB. That means the entire structure has to change. Which unlike forming a union within a company where you only need a 60% majority vote, every single person who could possibly make a night show or an outdoor national gate has to band together and agree they won't lift a finger until a union is organized and recognized. So is a riders union impossible? No.. but it is HIGHLY improbable.
kkawboy14
6/20/2019 8:48pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
It’s a business!

Union with full medical YES.

Skip the MXON, NO, you guys are pussies.
The point is.....the riders aren’t getting paid to do the mxdn.

But other people are!
jemcee
6/20/2019 9:15pm
I can speak from experience that Jessy is just going through stages of this shitty deal
It seems he's up to the frustration felt when you're not getting any better and EVERYONE you know is moving on with their life in ways you wish you could but can't.. It feels like people are forgetting you because you/your injury where high on peoples priority list then when they start to live their own lives more, you feel a bit lost and you feel forgotten..

It gets better.. It doesn't go away but it gets better! Like Devin said he's obviously got a good woman cause again speaking from experience they don't always stick around..

Post a reply to: Jessy Nelson Vents on Instagram

The Latest