Jessy Nelson Story "Silver Linings"

psg119
1/15/2019 9:47am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2019 11:02am
offroad44b wrote:
Amazing story. I started watching at work yesterday with intentions of just seeing what it was all about and finishing it later but just couldn't turn...
Amazing story. I started watching at work yesterday with intentions of just seeing what it was all about and finishing it later but just couldn't turn it off.... 35 minutes later i forgot what I was doing at work and found my jaw on the floor. awesome to see him married and happy and still getting strong backing and going after something else he loves.

Anyone else pissed about what the first doctor said?? Piece of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah it sucked you in! Haha.

And I think a lot of doctors (not all) are just a little awkward when it comes to racing involved injuries. They don’t understand why we do it in the first place so I feel like they can be insensitive at times. I remember going in for my check up when I got in my big crash that included some so fractured vertebrae. I walked in the office and he said “wow I can’t believe you’re walking” then continued to ask me if I was going to go back to racing, which I respond responded to with a “yes”. He shook his head and said “anyone that would go back to racing after this must have a low IQ.” Leaving me with that same “F you” feeling. I’ve never got the chance to work with a sports doctor though. I feel they’d have a much different attitude and understanding of these events.
offroad44b
1/15/2019 10:54am
offroad44b wrote:
Amazing story. I started watching at work yesterday with intentions of just seeing what it was all about and finishing it later but just couldn't turn...
Amazing story. I started watching at work yesterday with intentions of just seeing what it was all about and finishing it later but just couldn't turn it off.... 35 minutes later i forgot what I was doing at work and found my jaw on the floor. awesome to see him married and happy and still getting strong backing and going after something else he loves.

Anyone else pissed about what the first doctor said?? Piece of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!
psg119 wrote:
Yeah it sucked you in! Haha. And I think a lot of doctors (not all) are just a little awkward when it comes to racing involved...
Yeah it sucked you in! Haha.

And I think a lot of doctors (not all) are just a little awkward when it comes to racing involved injuries. They don’t understand why we do it in the first place so I feel like they can be insensitive at times. I remember going in for my check up when I got in my big crash that included some so fractured vertebrae. I walked in the office and he said “wow I can’t believe you’re walking” then continued to ask me if I was going to go back to racing, which I respond responded to with a “yes”. He shook his head and said “anyone that would go back to racing after this must have a low IQ.” Leaving me with that same “F you” feeling. I’ve never got the chance to work with a sports doctor though. I feel they’d have a much different attitude and understanding of these events.
Definitely sucked in. lol

and yea I thought about that afterwards. I would imagine non-sports doctors don't understand what goes into the sports/sports like this and don't understand what goes on in our heads. I don't think we're normal... HAHA
1/16/2019 1:43am
bf884 wrote:
Can he ride one of those bikes with the roll cage? I’ve seen several of those before for guys that don’t have leg function. It’s an...
Can he ride one of those bikes with the roll cage? I’ve seen several of those before for guys that don’t have leg function. It’s an option if he wants to get back on a bike. The SBS racing is pretty cool too.
I believe he said somewhere that it just wouldn't be the same and that he probably wouldn't enjoy it.

1/16/2019 1:44am
crusty_xx wrote:
Anyone know how Roczen is involved in his program?
I've just seen that he has the KR logo on his Polaris and his gear
From what I caught on Instagram Kenny is a big fan and good friend of him and sponsors him. He made a post about it sometime ago

The Shop

mx 219
Fantasy
857th
1/16/2019 7:37am
psg119 wrote:
Can't wait to watch it tonight. Check it out.
STLSharky wrote:
Terrible, wish I wouldn’t have watched it.
#never meet your heroes
psg119 wrote:
You thought the movie was terrible? Or it was just hard on you to watch?
I'm wondering if he wasn't talking about all the cursing.

I felt a lot of it was unnecessary, but some people swear every other word (my boss), and some people swear 5 times a year (myself)

Post a reply to: Jessy Nelson Story "Silver Linings"

The Latest