Jessy Nelson Interview with TWMX

Related:
Create New Tag

9/27/2016 12:18 PM

|

9/27/2016 12:36 PM

Damn. That was tough to read. I can't even begin to imagine what Jessy is going through. I really hope things take a positive turn for him.

|

9/27/2016 12:39 PM

I am soooo pulling for him!!

|

Born in Prague,living in LA,so if you don't like my spelling,blow me!

18 YZ450F
16 Yamaha YXZ 1000R
17 Yamaha MT-10 FZ-10 165 Hp RWP
06 CRF450X street legal supermoto
06 RM250 smoker
1992 CR250R basket case
2006 CRF50

9/27/2016 1:04 PM

Dam, such a heavy situation.

Maybe articles like this will help spark and idea from someone who knows someone. I sent the article and spoke to my surgeon at DISC Sports and Spine in Santa Monica who an official medial provider for Redbull Athletes. Maybe they have ideas if they haven't already tried to help.
DISC Sports and Spine
http://discmdgroup.com

|

9/27/2016 1:05 PM

Wow... Just wow... But nice to not hear a candy coated version of it....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

9/27/2016 1:07 PM

Keep going Jessy!

|

9/27/2016 1:07 PM

Man tuff break. Hope the Dr he had to use didn't make things worse. DC or anyone care to comment on the track markers that weren't "moveable"?

|

9/27/2016 1:12 PM

well thats not what I was hoping to read...David baily lives close..would like to see them get together.
many of us are in construction ..and we should step up to help..so no cost to Jessy to help him..
I'm not ..Rich..but would be more than willing to help.
tppainting.

|

9/27/2016 1:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2016 1:16 PM

The sport is brutal sometimes, it is what it is. Try to get better and move on but his frustration is understandable. Crazy to think how many vital members are paralyzed and you barely see them talking about it.

|

9/27/2016 1:28 PM

The problem with racing out in the boonies.

Be nice to be prepared for this with heli and trauma center ready,or whatever it takes to be in the hands of the best.

|

9/27/2016 1:56 PM

gt80rider wrote:

Wow... Just wow... But nice to not hear a candy coated version of it....

I don't think anyone has been doing a lot of candy-coating. I also agree that it was rough to read.

|

9/27/2016 2:02 PM

Hopefully Jessy can find his way to Project Walk in Carlsbad. I met a guy who got his back and spine absolutely mangled, completely severed or nearly severed, who can now raise both of his legs. When he was telling/showing me all this the first thing that came to my mind was Jessy, and I hope he knows about this place. Supposed to be number one in the world for this kind of stuff.

|

9/27/2016 2:04 PM

Well I'll be damned I type that post, click on the article and there it is talking about Project Walk.

|

9/27/2016 2:12 PM

sad sad
|

9/27/2016 2:15 PM

Excuse my ignorance but, what are these yellow markers Jessy is talking about?

I'm happy to help with a donation!

Get better Jessy!

|

9/27/2016 3:19 PM

That sucked balls to read (not because of the journalism obviously). It's a shitty situation and I really feel for Jessy, one of my favorite riders because he seems like a very likeable kid and super fast on a dirt bike. Stay strong and I hope things turn around.

|

It's rude to talk about religion. You never know who you're gonna offend

9/27/2016 3:35 PM

Fuck me..... that sounds brutal

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

9/27/2016 3:48 PM

I had a doctor like that when I was looking for help with my ruined ankle.

His attitude alone wrecked me for years - until I found the right doctor who had a different state of mind...

|

9/27/2016 3:49 PM

yeah rough read for me too. was always in the back of my mind while racing. witnessing some bad crashes causing life changing effects on people it's hard to take anymore.

|

9/27/2016 3:53 PM

PastranaWho wrote:

The sport is brutal sometimes, it is what it is. Try to get better and move on but his frustration is understandable. Crazy to think how many vital members are paralyzed and you barely see them talking about it.

I got paralyzed November of last year. Exact same injury level as him, T4/T5. I was put in touch with jessy pretty shortly after he got hurt and started talking to him about it. Its a bummer deal for sure. But life does move on, even from this new perspective.

|

9/27/2016 4:01 PM

Wow, that article was a dose of reality and tomorrow is never promised. We should never take our health for granted. Tough read. I hope and pray Jessy can recover and conquer this injury. He sounds like he's going to give it 110%.

|

9/27/2016 4:03 PM

Obviously just going off what he said, but the Dr he had to see sounds like an ass. Probably thinks all motorcycle riders are organ donors in waiting, I've run into several of those over the years.

|

9/27/2016 4:03 PM

Jessy don't ever give up hope brother. Even as the days turn into weeks, the weeks turn into months and so on. You've been dealt a shitty fucking hand. It sucks and I can't imagine how scary and flat out depressing it must be. I've been through medical issues. I wasn't paralyzed but I couldn't get out of bed over a year. Couldn't do anything. Was so physical and mentally weak I couldn't even dress myself or watch TV. My vision was going among other neuro issues. I basically laid in bed for over a year just grinding out each shitty day wondering when it was going to end and wondering why all the neurological visits, MRIs and blood test weren't helping . At times it can hard not to panick like I can't do this anymore but stay strong.I'll be honest at points I thought about just ending everything but I gritted it out and I've finally made progress 2.5 years later to where I'm somewhat independent. I truly hope you can find that strength to grit this out and find some progress in the future. It's going to be a long road. Stay strong brother. I'm writing this with tears in my eyes and hoping for the best.

|

9/27/2016 4:05 PM

Tough read. Sucks he wasn't happy with first dr. Hopefully he can get somewhere soon that can help him with his recovery.

Would it be too difficult to setup a "Rider Injury Fund"? I was thinking it could be part of a riders signup fee. $50 each rider per event goes into a fund that can be distributed to a severely injured rider. Assume 100 riders per event. That would be 5k a weekend going into this fund. With a 12 weekend MX schedule and 16 weekend SX schedule that would equal 140k a year to help injured riders who got injured at one of the rounds. Seems like a minor cost when spread across all rider entries. But the collective total can generate some real money that can help these racers. Just a thought.

|

9/27/2016 4:17 PM

That was a tough read... Hope it turns around for him, in every way.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/27/2016 4:43 PM

Agree, tough read. My son had a back injury last year at gatorback and after reading that, man.........................

Jessy you are a strong young man, you can do this. It will be the hardest thing you ever go through but take comfort in knowing the entire moto family is pulling for you!! Positive thoughts and prayers headed your way.

|

9/27/2016 5:18 PM

PastranaWho wrote:

Rcampbell99 wrote:

I got paralyzed November of last year. Exact same injury level as him, T4/T5. I was put in touch with jessy pretty shortly after he got hurt and started talking to him about it. Its a bummer deal for sure. But life does move on, even from this new perspective.

My respect to you and all that are going through that situation. Life is so unpredictable its scary sometimes but like you said we deal with it and keep it moving. I hope atleast your getting support from family and friends.

|

9/27/2016 5:23 PM

Jesus wept.... sad I have contributed already some money, but after that article I will give some more

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

9/27/2016 5:27 PM

I was thinking the same thing Hillbilly... I wonder if this happened at a supercross in say downtown San Diego, where he was instantly at a hospital with top notch doctors if anything would be different for Jessy? Huge bummer

|

9/27/2016 5:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2016 5:37 PM

DAMN!!!!!!!
|