Jersey proposes licenses for mx tracks

10/18/2013 11:38am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2013 1:01pm
Hmm...interesting tidbit in this story about the proposed Jersey shore mx track.
Instead of approving it- it looks like the proposal has gotten state legislators worried.

Controversial Jersey Shore Motocross Park in Tinton Falls now targeted by lawmakers

couple tidbits:
A trio of state legislators announced Tuesday that they are sponsoring legislation to ban motocross facilities from being located near residential properties and that they are calling on the state to withdraw the funding it has provided the proposed Tinton Falls facility...

"The legislation would require anyone seeking to operate a motocross facility to obtain a license from the state Department of Law and Public Safety, as well as prohibits such a license from being granted for any proposal to be located within five miles of a residentially zoned area."

My questions is why in the heck you would propose a "day/night" mx track 800 feet from a nursing home?
|
Sondy132001
10/18/2013 12:59pm
We get a lot of phone calls from people looking to open a mx track all over the US. First thing we always tell them is get your permits in order (same with building a track on your own property) and second is do you homework, look what's around you etc. It never ceases to amaze me how people don't do either of these things or even think about it. Also always open/start a new corporation and get insurance for your track and also limited liability for the idiots who sneak onto your property when you're not there !!

S
Sondy132001
10/18/2013 1:01pm
Oh my brothers track, Lucas Oil MX Park is across the street from homes, but they all had to sign a release, the track/fairgrounds were there first, stating they are aware there is a mx track across the street. Yet people still try and sue to shut it down, but we do have limitations on when a motorcycle can start, 8:45am till 10pm (lights OUT).

Post a reply to: Jersey proposes licenses for mx tracks

The Latest