Jerry Robin denied entry for Red Bud

GangGreen
7/7/2018 4:30am
GangGreen wrote:
Why even offer Friday "Post Entry" if it isn't a viable option ? What would it hurt to have two more guys in timed practice...
Why even offer Friday "Post Entry" if it isn't a viable option ?
What would it hurt to have two more guys in timed practice ?
Cannot help but wonder if the rules might just mysteriously change if the rider who forgot to signup was McElrath, Sexton, or Joey Savagty?

He should have signed up in time, but by God, a two digit rider should never be denied.

?

downard254 wrote:
Based on that rule: 1. Has Jerry scored any points yet this year? 2. Did Jerry finish in the top 45 of either class of the...
Based on that rule:
1. Has Jerry scored any points yet this year?
2. Did Jerry finish in the top 45 of either class of the nationals last year?
3. If no on 2. did Jerry finish in the top of any class of Supercross last year?
4. If no to all of the above, then he gets seeded after all riders who meet any of the above criterial based on earning points in last years nationals. And I’m going to have to assume that at this point it’s first come first derived.

downard254
7/7/2018 4:45am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2018 4:59am
GangGreen wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/07/273029/s1200_1_point.jpg[/img]

Well there ya go. That result is from this year I assume. If so, then he should have been allowed in.

Edit: Just checked and the 1 point earned in your post had him in 53rd position in the standing, so that doesn’t get him in on the 3rd rule, however, I checked 2017 outdoor rankings and he did finish 31st in the 250 outdoor final standings, so that should have gotten him in on rule 2 and ahead of every one else that could only get in on sub rule 3 and 4.
GangGreen
7/7/2018 4:56am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2018 4:56am
Note: I'm not sure where the 1 point came from and am unsure what his results were in 2018. My opinion, a two-digit rider, should ALWAYS get a chance to qualify. Heck not to long ago they guaranteed any past National Champion a spot IN THE MAIN. Too late to change it now, I'm going riding !!!!!!!
slipdog
7/7/2018 4:59am
GangGreen wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/07/273029/s1200_1_point.jpg[/img]

downard254 wrote:
Well there ya go. That result is from this year I assume. If so, then he should have been allowed in. Edit: Just checked and the...
Well there ya go. That result is from this year I assume. If so, then he should have been allowed in.

Edit: Just checked and the 1 point earned in your post had him in 53rd position in the standing, so that doesn’t get him in on the 3rd rule, however, I checked 2017 outdoor rankings and he did finish 31st in the 250 outdoor final standings, so that should have gotten him in on rule 2 and ahead of every one else that could only get in on sub rule 3 and 4.
I think you're missing the fact that he said he was late with his entry. if there were 100 pre entries than they take the first 90 in the order laid out in the rules and 10 get rejected. The class is now full. If Jerry comes along 3 days late as entry 101 it's tough shit for him.

The Shop

downard254
7/7/2018 5:19am
slipdog wrote:
I think you're missing the fact that he said he was late with his entry. if there were 100 pre entries than they take the first...
I think you're missing the fact that he said he was late with his entry. if there were 100 pre entries than they take the first 90 in the order laid out in the rules and 10 get rejected. The class is now full. If Jerry comes along 3 days late as entry 101 it's tough shit for him.
Oh I get it. I just wasn’t sure on the rules. I thought he said he was late to sign up, but they do allow late sign up. I just didn’t know how they implemented the rules. Wasn’t sure that once a class is full, if someone who met a higher criteria would bump someone lower on the list even if the lower ranking rider was signed up early and the late sign up rider was ranked higher. They probably wouldn’t do it for Jerry, but they might for say Benny Bloss, and they definitely would for Stewart. In the end, you snooze, you lose, and I’m OK with that. You know the old saying, “shit, or get off the pot”
mxb2
7/7/2018 5:44am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2018 5:44am
Electro21 wrote:
Why is everyone making a big deal? He said he couldn't race because he signed up late and there were too many entries. He wasn't even...
Why is everyone making a big deal? He said he couldn't race because he signed up late and there were too many entries. He wasn't even complaining...
So why would he even post anything then.?
philG
7/7/2018 6:56am
Not very professional.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
7/7/2018 6:59am
In pro bass fishing it is really hard to enter some of the series. They set dates previous to each season to enter the events. Top 50 in points from last year get priority and can enter during a set period before the next level can enter then people who paid entry to all season at once and then tournament level membership subscribers and then anyone else to fill either 150 or 200 entries. For the last bunch of years it was no problem signing up but when the economy is booming like now its near impossible to get in if your not already in some and can be in the hundreds on each events waiting list now.
Entries range from $100 each for the lower tier events to 68k upfront for the Eletes.

Post a reply to: Jerry Robin denied entry for Red Bud

The Latest