Jerry Robin

35smom
9/17/2014 8:34pm
Squid-mom wrote:
I think it is a bit harsh to say he "let everyone down" because his finishes have been respectable enough. However, if I remember correctly Burkeen...
I think it is a bit harsh to say he "let everyone down" because his finishes have been respectable enough. However, if I remember correctly Burkeen said his dad was staying with him at SOB all last summer, that does not qualify as "working your butt off". Just food for thought, in the real work if ya want to play hard, you have to work hard! Unless, apparently, you are born with the last name Charboneau.
35smom wrote:
You really need to stop the name dropping. Makes you sound petty. Money or not Tristen has worked hard. Its the same reality in everyday life...
You really need to stop the name dropping. Makes you sound petty. Money or not Tristen has worked hard. Its the same reality in everyday life. The have and have nots. I know that all too well but do you see me bagging on people?
huck wrote:
mom fight!!! Wink
You should know who would win that one! Woohoo
Cygnus
9/17/2014 8:43pm
35smom wrote:
Over before it started! Cool
Lightning78
9/17/2014 9:46pm
bd wrote:
Its not in the "manual of living" that we need to gossip or spread rumors when we do not know the complete background or truth. People...
Its not in the "manual of living" that we need to gossip or spread rumors when we do not know the complete background or truth. People who love drama and distraction are going to to gossip regardless of the truth.

When relationships end, we can still be with grace. I wish both Jerry and Jeff the best on their new adventures.

* Lightning - not stating the negative is your intentions
Ok cool....I re-read my comment and felt it "read" borderline negative and that was not my intention at all. I was merely pointing out that once someone "in the know" makes a vague comment eluding one way and leaving it wide open but kind of suggesting what side was in the positive it can steer a ship (thread) in the wrong direction because now people have something to narrow down their speculation i.e. not the wild west. I feel a lot of times that is partially a reason "vitards" get called out on media sites as well as the vitak member community "vitards" as we are known under one umbrella getting a bad rep because of speculation and comments vague enough to fuel further speculation. narrowed down and focused on on direction but the tangents that come off of that sometimes especially when someone "stamps it" that knows nothing, not in the know like j100 IS connected and by no means was I calling out j100 ....im confused now lol that second tall can is making me feel excellent LaughingLaughingSidewaysSideways
Lightning78
9/17/2014 10:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/17/2014 10:43pm
Sorry but I had to Dirt Nasty - "Droppin Names".........LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Disclaimer: This video (lyrics may not be suitable for younger audiences and people that get butt-hurt easily) still I think Dirt Nasty is awesome, this dude has some great lyrics that sound serious but also makes me lauigh with the creativity...

The Shop

Lightning78
9/17/2014 10:40pm
And here is a different version I didn't know existed....................priceless! WoohooTongueCheerfulLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

FALCON70
9/18/2014 12:36am
some of these riders are training at the training camps and clubs for free because they have the skills and not the money. but theses clubs, camps, and training fac can see it.
Its not the early the late 90's or early 2000's where if you were a top 30 rider you made $30grand a year. no the game has changed if your not a top 5 rider at am's or pros your screwed paying and hustling races on your on funds. really on the top 5 get to go home through the week and have motorhomes and private jets at the races. 5-10 get to go home trough the week but its airline flights and hotels. top 15 and above may go home, but mostly they are driving from race to race trying to make it. you guys saw man vs. moto.

My advice to am's racers is don't let these teams promise you the sky and blew smoke up your $ss. once you dont get a top 5 your done.

Do a jeremy mcgrath, chad reed and hart deal go outside of motocross for sponsors you will be more successful. yall remember mcgrath on budwiser bike. thinking outside the box they got to use the company purkes.

thats what jerry robins and all the racers need to do. go outside the box for sponsors. takes some courses or hire someone that knows how to set-up talk to sponsor and corp meetings. or go to local business or door to door hey can you spare a 10 bucks. but do a program on poster board or a blank bike. show sponsors where they name will be on the bike and whats the cause. clean up, be open professional at all times. learn how to be a poster boy $ungey or $hort.

A local kid here in north carolina i support. to build money for him to go to a training club. he had a raffle the winner of the raffle got his practice bike, and the the raffle paid for his camp and towards a new bike. the kid was only 16 years old, and he did it.

to all the riders support your mom and pops business from riding gear, to machineshop parts, those are the people that will have your back thick and thin. keep supporting them through your career.

robin think outside the box. don't let these motocross companys pimp you. think outside the box. and yes they are pimps

do this what i stated and you will have a career alot longer after motocross promise.
Crush
9/18/2014 4:18am
FALCON70 wrote:
some of these riders are training at the training camps and clubs for free because they have the skills and not the money. but theses clubs...
some of these riders are training at the training camps and clubs for free because they have the skills and not the money. but theses clubs, camps, and training fac can see it.
Its not the early the late 90's or early 2000's where if you were a top 30 rider you made $30grand a year. no the game has changed if your not a top 5 rider at am's or pros your screwed paying and hustling races on your on funds. really on the top 5 get to go home through the week and have motorhomes and private jets at the races. 5-10 get to go home trough the week but its airline flights and hotels. top 15 and above may go home, but mostly they are driving from race to race trying to make it. you guys saw man vs. moto.

My advice to am's racers is don't let these teams promise you the sky and blew smoke up your $ss. once you dont get a top 5 your done.

Do a jeremy mcgrath, chad reed and hart deal go outside of motocross for sponsors you will be more successful. yall remember mcgrath on budwiser bike. thinking outside the box they got to use the company purkes.

thats what jerry robins and all the racers need to do. go outside the box for sponsors. takes some courses or hire someone that knows how to set-up talk to sponsor and corp meetings. or go to local business or door to door hey can you spare a 10 bucks. but do a program on poster board or a blank bike. show sponsors where they name will be on the bike and whats the cause. clean up, be open professional at all times. learn how to be a poster boy $ungey or $hort.

A local kid here in north carolina i support. to build money for him to go to a training club. he had a raffle the winner of the raffle got his practice bike, and the the raffle paid for his camp and towards a new bike. the kid was only 16 years old, and he did it.

to all the riders support your mom and pops business from riding gear, to machineshop parts, those are the people that will have your back thick and thin. keep supporting them through your career.

robin think outside the box. don't let these motocross companys pimp you. think outside the box. and yes they are pimps

do this what i stated and you will have a career alot longer after motocross promise.
Dude.

You just jumped from Amateurs to Jeremy in his prime back to amateurs again. Ain't no amateurs signing a budwiser or Discount Tire or marrying Pink.

Go home. You're drunk.

huck
9/18/2014 5:59am
FALCON70 wrote:
some of these riders are training at the training camps and clubs for free because they have the skills and not the money. but theses clubs...

Let me guess....homeskooled?
lumpy790
9/18/2014 6:02am
Getting help through the AM races then a thank you and good luck going Pro is the norm in this sport.

Could it be he has another ride lined up?
Squid-mom
9/18/2014 6:03am
35smom wrote:
You really need to stop the name dropping. Makes you sound petty. Money or not Tristen has worked hard. Its the same reality in everyday life...
You really need to stop the name dropping. Makes you sound petty. Money or not Tristen has worked hard. Its the same reality in everyday life. The have and have nots. I know that all too well but do you see me bagging on people?
huck wrote:
mom fight!!! Wink
35smom wrote:
You guys are being ridiculous, I am not going to have a 'mom fight' about this one. I said nothing negative towards anyone involved. Go back through my posts, I said (a) Robin is a talented rider, but may have to get a job to support his racing (b) according to jsharkey, the Charboneau's have plenty of money, so that won't be necessary for Tristan. Here is another bold statement; Paris Hilton will never have to establish a career, my daughters will have to. No bitterness, just the facts.

From what I have gathered from this forum, Jerry and his father lived at SOB and Jerry rode FC Hondas which were provided for him. The fact of the matter is, when you get by on the kindness and generousity of others there exists the possiblity that at some point you will need to reset your course to plan B. There is nothing wrong with that, it is just how it is.

So, as much as I would like to say that I need to go board my jet bound for Fiji, that is not the case. I am off to work so that when I get paid tomorrow, my son can go racing this weekend. Not negative, just the truth. Feel free to twist it however you see fit.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
9/18/2014 6:08am
Get em squid mom!
huck
9/18/2014 6:14am
huck wrote:
mom fight!!! Wink
35smom wrote:
Squid-mom wrote:
You guys are being ridiculous, I am not going to have a 'mom fight' about this one. I said nothing negative towards anyone involved. Go back...
You guys are being ridiculous, I am not going to have a 'mom fight' about this one. I said nothing negative towards anyone involved. Go back through my posts, I said (a) Robin is a talented rider, but may have to get a job to support his racing (b) according to jsharkey, the Charboneau's have plenty of money, so that won't be necessary for Tristan. Here is another bold statement; Paris Hilton will never have to establish a career, my daughters will have to. No bitterness, just the facts.

From what I have gathered from this forum, Jerry and his father lived at SOB and Jerry rode FC Hondas which were provided for him. The fact of the matter is, when you get by on the kindness and generousity of others there exists the possiblity that at some point you will need to reset your course to plan B. There is nothing wrong with that, it is just how it is.

So, as much as I would like to say that I need to go board my jet bound for Fiji, that is not the case. I am off to work so that when I get paid tomorrow, my son can go racing this weekend. Not negative, just the truth. Feel free to twist it however you see fit.
Relax, young lady. The "mom fight" comment was a joke.

So...is there a chance for boobie pic, or what?
lumpy790
9/18/2014 6:17am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2014 6:18am
35smom wrote:
Squid-mom wrote:
You guys are being ridiculous, I am not going to have a 'mom fight' about this one. I said nothing negative towards anyone involved. Go back...

huck wrote:

or not ... Huck-a-buck

Smile
Squid-mom
9/18/2014 6:50am
35smom wrote:
Squid-mom wrote:

huck wrote:

When I get to Fiji, I will be sure to take some!
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1623rd
9/18/2014 7:19am
All I know is I like the kid, don't know what went down, but I wish him all the best, as well as all the talented kids out there trying to "make it" in this sport.
35smom
9/18/2014 7:27am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2014 7:34am
huck wrote:
mom fight!!! Wink
35smom wrote:
Squid-mom wrote:

He was just joking.
*Edited
Squid-mom
9/18/2014 7:36am
Obviously, you misunderstood what I meant by 'work'. I did not mean TRAIN, I meant employment and paychecks. I am all for capitalism and 'being loaded' is far from a insult in my opinion. If someone has worked hard for their money, then I am all for them spending it however they see fit. Conversely, if people are counting on other's to 'pay their way' then they are not at liberty to say to what extent and how long these benefits will last. That was my only point.
hvaughn88
9/18/2014 7:46am
It seems like to me that perhaps we should just move one from talking about other people's money, or lack thereof
steveada
9/18/2014 8:47am
Squid-mom wrote:

I didn't even know Paris Hilton rode. Cool.
HazemG
9/18/2014 9:18am
Squid-mom wrote:

My buddy dated Paris for a little while and I will let you know she does have a career. It may not be a traditional 9-5 office occupation, but she makes a lot more money from her *own* business ventures than one might think. Now, whether she could have started these without her family ties is another story, and isn't really anyone's business.
HazemG
9/18/2014 9:19am
hvaughn88 wrote:
It seems like to me that perhaps we should just move one from talking about other people's money, or lack thereof
We have a winner. +1
HazemG
9/18/2014 9:22am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2014 9:23am
Squid-mom wrote:
Obviously, you misunderstood what I meant by 'work'. I did not mean TRAIN, I meant employment and paychecks. I am all for capitalism and 'being loaded'...
Obviously, you misunderstood what I meant by 'work'. I did not mean TRAIN, I meant employment and paychecks. I am all for capitalism and 'being loaded' is far from a insult in my opinion. If someone has worked hard for their money, then I am all for them spending it however they see fit. Conversely, if people are counting on other's to 'pay their way' then they are not at liberty to say to what extent and how long these benefits will last. That was my only point.
Valid point in my eye. I'm picking up what you're putting down. Don't think anyone can have a problem with what you're saying here.

Now on to some unrelated business..If I fly you out to Fiji, will you follow through on your promise? I got a phenom 300 with your name on it. TongueWink

Edit: Can we get a MultiQuote on here?
Darryl916
9/18/2014 10:41am
Squid-mom wrote:

Often only the people post around here that want to stir shit up. To me you are making perfect sense. I just wanted to say that.

crf250pilot
9/18/2014 3:11pm
jim lehey wrote:
dont call lucy bitter rick.
Cygnus wrote:
Hey Leahey, knock knock?

Go fuck your self!
huck wrote:
LOL!!!!!!!!
x2!! Now that's funny stuff, thanks Sig.
gharmon
9/18/2014 5:38pm
I don't know these people but I loved their story last year. From this thread I gathered that Jerry and his dad were living at SOB for free and cant afford bikes. As a dad/granddad I work 3 jobs so we can ride on the weekends for fun. I would like to know how you can get all this stuff for free, then be able to look in the mirror and not be ashamed that you aren't working as hard as you can to help your son achieve his dream?
yamahuh
9/18/2014 6:56pm
This sport isn't "that" expensive. You must work to "finance" your goals. College kids do it all the time working restaurants, loans, 3rd shift, whatever it takes. Getting a couple used bikes and a p/u with a box trailer is obtainable, new bikes with diesel RV in a different league.
newmann
9/18/2014 7:17pm
Squid-mom wrote:

huck wrote:

Squid-mom wrote:
When I get to Fiji, I will be sure to take some!
Paypal account?

Laughing
Jack mehoff
9/18/2014 8:50pm
35smom wrote:
Squid-mom wrote:

huck wrote:

Huck maybe the moto moms will start a Flash Friday
TD248
Fantasy
648th
9/20/2014 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2014 7:09pm
Loretta's is a great event don't get me wrong but as the event grew, i think it ruined the sport. The days of showing up to your first pro race unheard of and making a name for yourself as a pro ended. AC signed his pro contract when he was on 80's, its ridiculous. I turned pro this year for sx i could only afford to go to two rounds raced a bone stock bike and qualified for the heats. This year im going to try and race all east coast sx while working during the week while gus takes my bikes to each race but at this point im doing it to live a dream. I'm trying to find sponsors to help with flights and entries etc. But i will spend my last dollar to do the whole series and achieve my goals I could never afford to go to Loretta's, or to live at a facility or anything like that so maybe i'm bias but it sucks that somebody like me who still spends all their money, that they earned at a 9 to 5, a job they earned from finishing school, will be extremely hard pressed to ever find support from outside their own bank account, but you'll still find me in the gym and riding and eating well and making sacrifices to race supercross and a kid on a 65 who by the time he's old enough to turn pro may not even want to race dirtbikes anymore is getting everything for free and manufacturers basically pay their parents to keep them out of school and on the road racing. Its sad that its like that but you cant change it and its just going to get worse. Its going to be unlikely you ever see a kid not do Loretta's or gp's get a great ride because everybody praises Loretta's but there is talent outside Loretta's probably better then half the kids there who just cant afford everything involved to race Lorettas.......
Just my 2 cents from a privateer supercross racer

I guess to relate this to jerrys situation he isnt going to get support because he didnt perform at lorettas(even though he did pretty well) and there are plenty more racers who are likeable, talented and have potential but not resources to continue racing... what kind of idea does that send to a kid wanting to make it but knows that his family is not financially able to go farther then the local track. Not to inspiring for families looking to get into the sport.....

How he's still living at sob, but cant buy a bike, is a different story
500guy
9/20/2014 7:03pm
TD248 wrote:
Loretta's is a great event don't get me wrong but as the event grew, i think it ruined the sport. The days of showing up to...
Loretta's is a great event don't get me wrong but as the event grew, i think it ruined the sport. The days of showing up to your first pro race unheard of and making a name for yourself as a pro ended. AC signed his pro contract when he was on 80's, its ridiculous. I turned pro this year for sx i could only afford to go to two rounds raced a bone stock bike and qualified for the heats. This year im going to try and race all east coast sx while working during the week while gus takes my bikes to each race but at this point im doing it to live a dream. I'm trying to find sponsors to help with flights and entries etc. But i will spend my last dollar to do the whole series and achieve my goals I could never afford to go to Loretta's, or to live at a facility or anything like that so maybe i'm bias but it sucks that somebody like me who still spends all their money, that they earned at a 9 to 5, a job they earned from finishing school, will be extremely hard pressed to ever find support from outside their own bank account, but you'll still find me in the gym and riding and eating well and making sacrifices to race supercross and a kid on a 65 who by the time he's old enough to turn pro may not even want to race dirtbikes anymore is getting everything for free and manufacturers basically pay their parents to keep them out of school and on the road racing. Its sad that its like that but you cant change it and its just going to get worse. Its going to be unlikely you ever see a kid not do Loretta's or gp's get a great ride because everybody praises Loretta's but there is talent outside Loretta's probably better then half the kids there who just cant afford everything involved to race Lorettas.......
Just my 2 cents from a privateer supercross racer

I guess to relate this to jerrys situation he isnt going to get support because he didnt perform at lorettas(even though he did pretty well) and there are plenty more racers who are likeable, talented and have potential but not resources to continue racing... what kind of idea does that send to a kid wanting to make it but knows that his family is not financially able to go farther then the local track. Not to inspiring for families looking to get into the sport.....

How he's still living at sob, but cant buy a bike, is a different story
it's just a Natural progression, You say it ruined the Sport and I say We have some of the best Professional racing ever.

Nothing stopping someone from starting a more affordable series.

Post a reply to: Jerry Robin

The Latest