Jerry Robin

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
9/17/2014 7:56am
Maybe as good as he is he is not good enough. There are way more riders who can go fast, very fast, than there are dollars to support them, and the people with the dollars get to decide who they feel can do the best with what they have to offer.

I am sure there are some champions who fall through the cracks and never get supported, but it's hard to consider him a guy who didn't get noticed. Most of the time, with the exception of guys who can but onto a team, the market is pretty efficient about doling out the opportunities that do exist to place a rider. Hopefully the trending better economy will create a bigger pie.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
9/17/2014 8:00am
Robin didn't have the full FC ride, did he? I thought I recall that the owner of FC gave/loaned him a couple of bikes after LL's last year because he liked his story, but it wasn't the same support program as Smith, Hampshire, etc. For those who know, did it evolve into more than that?
35smom
9/17/2014 8:05am
Squid-mom wrote:
I think it is a bit harsh to say he "let everyone down" because his finishes have been respectable enough. However, if I remember correctly Burkeen...
I think it is a bit harsh to say he "let everyone down" because his finishes have been respectable enough. However, if I remember correctly Burkeen said his dad was staying with him at SOB all last summer, that does not qualify as "working your butt off". Just food for thought, in the real work if ya want to play hard, you have to work hard! Unless, apparently, you are born with the last name Charboneau.
You really need to stop the name dropping. Makes you sound petty. Money or not Tristen has worked hard. Its the same reality in everyday life. The have and have nots. I know that all too well but do you see me bagging on people?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
9/17/2014 8:05am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I'm not a part of the amateur scene, nor was I ever anything more than just a local weekend warrior, but it sure seems like there...
I'm not a part of the amateur scene, nor was I ever anything more than just a local weekend warrior, but it sure seems like there are quite a few bitter people here. I understand some people are more privileged than others, but that's life unfortunately. I understand there are a lot of spoiled brats on the race scene, always have been and always will be. But just because someone is fast and their parents happen to be well-off doesn't mean they should be ridiculed for it. I don't the charboneau kid at all, hell he may a prick, I don't know. But honestly, bitching about him comes across as petty.
Her posts have always made me a little sad. Motocross is a pastime she should enjoy with her family, not a profession, and she is focused on all of the wrong things. I hope her kid finds the happiness in the sport that has apparently eluded her.

The Shop

mxb2
9/17/2014 8:07am
Riding his geico bike , no helmet wheelies in driveway and posting on the internet probably not the smartest thing jerry did. lol.
Cygnus
9/17/2014 8:09am
She says she isn't bitter but her posts come off as if. I called her out a few weeks ago glad some others see it and it's not just me.0
Squid-mom
9/17/2014 8:09am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I'm not a part of the amateur scene, nor was I ever anything more than just a local weekend warrior, but it sure seems like there...
I'm not a part of the amateur scene, nor was I ever anything more than just a local weekend warrior, but it sure seems like there are quite a few bitter people here. I understand some people are more privileged than others, but that's life unfortunately. I understand there are a lot of spoiled brats on the race scene, always have been and always will be. But just because someone is fast and their parents happen to be well-off doesn't mean they should be ridiculed for it. I don't the charboneau kid at all, hell he may a prick, I don't know. But honestly, bitching about him comes across as petty.
Sorry if you took that the wrong way, it was just a joke based on what bsharkey had said earlier in this thread. I do not know the Charboneau's, nor do I know anything at all about their financial status. I was just comparing them (based on hearsay) to people who actually have limited resources and must make sacrifices in order to race.
hvaughn88
9/17/2014 8:10am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Squid-mom wrote:
Sorry if you took that the wrong way, it was just a joke based on what bsharkey had said earlier in this thread. I do not...
Sorry if you took that the wrong way, it was just a joke based on what bsharkey had said earlier in this thread. I do not know the Charboneau's, nor do I know anything at all about their financial status. I was just comparing them (based on hearsay) to people who actually have limited resources and must make sacrifices in order to race.
Honestly, that makes it even worse if you're airing out the kids name on a public forum and don't actually know him.
hvaughn88
9/17/2014 8:14am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Squid-mom wrote:
Sorry if you took that the wrong way, it was just a joke based on what bsharkey had said earlier in this thread. I do not...
and not to keep harping on this, but how the hell was I supposed to take it?
huck
9/17/2014 8:18am
Squid-mom wrote:
I think it is a bit harsh to say he "let everyone down" because his finishes have been respectable enough. However, if I remember correctly Burkeen...
I think it is a bit harsh to say he "let everyone down" because his finishes have been respectable enough. However, if I remember correctly Burkeen said his dad was staying with him at SOB all last summer, that does not qualify as "working your butt off". Just food for thought, in the real work if ya want to play hard, you have to work hard! Unless, apparently, you are born with the last name Charboneau.
35smom wrote:
You really need to stop the name dropping. Makes you sound petty. Money or not Tristen has worked hard. Its the same reality in everyday life...
You really need to stop the name dropping. Makes you sound petty. Money or not Tristen has worked hard. Its the same reality in everyday life. The have and have nots. I know that all too well but do you see me bagging on people?
mom fight!!! Wink
j100
9/17/2014 8:19am
Jeff from FC personally gave Jerry bikes, not Honda or the Geico team. Jerry's deal was not like Jordan Smith or RJ.

Jerry lives by Jeff and Jeff did his best to help the kid out.

You guys take it from there.
bama205
9/17/2014 8:24am
Wasn't there a pro in sx back in the early to mid 90's who rode an older bike / chassis?
hammertime
9/17/2014 8:34am
mxb2 wrote:
Riding his geico bike , no helmet wheelies in driveway and posting on the internet probably not the smartest thing jerry did. lol.
back when i followed him on twitter....he was the biggest retard in the universe posting stupid shit every 5 minutes like a little kid. at that time i'm thinking, i'd never support this dummy and why isn't he at the gym.

vital disclaimer......just an observation, not intented to bash, hurt feelings or make anybody cry.
Flatliner
9/17/2014 9:02am
hammertime wrote:
back when i followed him on twitter....he was the biggest retard in the universe posting stupid shit every 5 minutes like a little kid. at that...
back when i followed him on twitter....he was the biggest retard in the universe posting stupid shit every 5 minutes like a little kid. at that time i'm thinking, i'd never support this dummy and why isn't he at the gym.

vital disclaimer......just an observation, not intented to bash, hurt feelings or make anybody cry.
I'm sure the guy supplying the bikes noticed it too.

Too bad. Was a cool story.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
9/17/2014 9:19am
hammertime wrote:
back when i followed him on twitter....he was the biggest retard in the universe posting stupid shit every 5 minutes like a little kid. at that...

I did chuckle a little at this post, but in fairness he is still a kid...
9/17/2014 9:29am
bama205 wrote:
Wasn't there a pro in sx back in the early to mid 90's who rode an older bike / chassis?
You thinking about this guy?

Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
9/17/2014 9:31am
I dont know Jerry personally. I've seen him race. I thought the 85 two stroke was a cool story, but in reality, thats why he got the support and recognition. There isn't a whole lot of money in amateur racing any more. I know kids that are just as good or better than Jerry who are buying bikes. If you're borrowing bikes, you probably shouldn't live at SOB. Time for a job. No disrespect to Jerry or his family. Just my 2 cents.
KTMShane699
9/17/2014 9:45am
yak651 wrote:
I did chuckle a little at this post, but in fairness he is still a kid...
Still a kid or not, if you have the ride you have to act the part. He didn't. And the people helping him must not have agreed with how he was representing and pulled the support.

Shane
mxb2
9/17/2014 9:47am
Renner153 wrote:
I dont know Jerry personally. I've seen him race. I thought the 85 two stroke was a cool story, but in reality, thats why he got...
I dont know Jerry personally. I've seen him race. I thought the 85 two stroke was a cool story, but in reality, thats why he got the support and recognition. There isn't a whole lot of money in amateur racing any more. I know kids that are just as good or better than Jerry who are buying bikes. If you're borrowing bikes, you probably shouldn't live at SOB. Time for a job. No disrespect to Jerry or his family. Just my 2 cents.
This^^, no $$ for a bike but training at sob. Time for a job and embrace reality. , i knew the he s only a kid excuse would pop up, if he is old enough to receive free stuff he is old enough to act like he has some sense.
500guy
9/17/2014 10:10am
Renner153 wrote:
I dont know Jerry personally. I've seen him race. I thought the 85 two stroke was a cool story, but in reality, thats why he got...
mxb2 wrote:
This^^, no $$ for a bike but training at sob. Time for a job and embrace reality. , i knew the he s only a kid...
This^^, no $$ for a bike but training at sob. Time for a job and embrace reality. , i knew the he s only a kid excuse would pop up, if he is old enough to receive free stuff he is old enough to act like he has some sense.
In some ways I admire people willing to go all in , it's when they stay all in way to long I wonder about.

bradnelson
9/17/2014 10:54am
If I remember right, SOB was letting him stay there for free.
mxb2
9/17/2014 10:59am
bradnelson wrote:
If I remember right, SOB was letting him stay there for free.
So i would think borrowed or free bikes and free sob. He should have $$ now to buy a bike. We shall see how bad he really wants it.Like said before there are quite a few faster riders like him going to college or working job preparing for life. The geico gift that didnt work out is a shame, because there are riders that would love to have that chance.
jim lehey
9/17/2014 11:39am
Cygnus wrote:
She says she isn't bitter but her posts come off as if. I called her out a few weeks ago glad some others see it and...
She says she isn't bitter but her posts come off as if. I called her out a few weeks ago glad some others see it and it's not just me.0
dont call lucy bitter rick.
Cygnus
9/17/2014 12:05pm
Cygnus wrote:
She says she isn't bitter but her posts come off as if. I called her out a few weeks ago glad some others see it and...
jim lehey wrote:
Hey Leahey, knock knock?

Go fuck your self!
huck
9/17/2014 12:21pm
Cygnus wrote:
jim lehey wrote:
Cygnus wrote:
Hey Leahey, knock knock?

Go fuck your self!
LOL!!!!!!!!
albythizzle
9/17/2014 12:34pm
j100 wrote:
Jeff from FC personally gave Jerry bikes, not Honda or the Geico team. Jerry's deal was not like Jordan Smith or RJ. Jerry lives by Jeff...
Jeff from FC personally gave Jerry bikes, not Honda or the Geico team. Jerry's deal was not like Jordan Smith or RJ.

Jerry lives by Jeff and Jeff did his best to help the kid out.

You guys take it from there.
Thank you for some insight! That would make a lot more since.
Lightning78
9/17/2014 12:40pm
j100 wrote:
there is more to this story.

Jeff and Factory Connection bent over backwards for him.

I will leave it at that.
Yes, when you "leave it at that" you ALSO leave everyone to wildly speculate on what happened and that's how false rumors are born that become believed. It would be much better if people "In the know" would back up their vauge yet heavy post when they know something if you plan on leaving a comment like that. Im not trying to call you out but industry insiders always come on here and post to everyone they know the story but cant elaborate on what it is....just baiting people so its hard to blame vital members when speculation goes wildly out of control when nobody can post facts.

I can understand if you don't want to tarnish the kid but its hard to not at least let people know somewhat what happened.
Jack mehoff
9/17/2014 7:34pm
bama205 wrote:
JOJO Keller
bd
9/17/2014 8:20pm Edited Date/Time 9/17/2014 8:33pm
j100 wrote:
there is more to this story.

Jeff and Factory Connection bent over backwards for him.

I will leave it at that.
Yes, when you "leave it at that" you ALSO leave everyone to wildly speculate on what happened and that's how false rumors are born that become...
Yes, when you "leave it at that" you ALSO leave everyone to wildly speculate on what happened and that's how false rumors are born that become believed. It would be much better if people "In the know" would back up their vauge yet heavy post when they know something if you plan on leaving a comment like that. Im not trying to call you out but industry insiders always come on here and post to everyone they know the story but cant elaborate on what it is....just baiting people so its hard to blame vital members when speculation goes wildly out of control when nobody can post facts.

I can understand if you don't want to tarnish the kid but its hard to not at least let people know somewhat what happened.
Its not in the "manual of living" that we need to gossip or spread rumors when we do not know the complete background or truth. People who love drama and distraction are going to to gossip regardless of the truth.

When relationships end, we can still be with grace. I wish both Jerry and Jeff the best on their new adventures.

* Lightning - not stating the negative is your intentions

Post a reply to: Jerry Robin

The Latest