Jerry Robin

albythizzle
Edited Date/Time 2/16/2016 1:28pm
I saw last night on his instagram he had to borrow a bike to ride. He said that Honda came and got all of the bikes from him, anyone have any insight? I love this kid, he brings a lot to the sport. I really hope this pans out the best for him!
|
mmain62
9/16/2014 10:18am
Thats a bummer he seemed like a really good dude.
newmann
9/16/2014 11:14am
The haves and the have nots. Best wishes to the kid, I really like his style.
Cygnus
9/16/2014 11:16am
We'll I am guessing the bikes were just loaners. I had though they gave him the bikes. Bummer.

The Shop

RMT
9/16/2014 11:43am
How did he finish at LL this year?
dl117
Fantasy
2587th
9/16/2014 11:47am
7th open pro sport
8th 450 a
bq_365
9/16/2014 12:25pm
I hope he can get a bike pretty soon so he can go racing. He has just been riding borrowed bikes lately. Someone step up and help this kid!!
hvaughn88
9/16/2014 12:28pm
bq_365 wrote:
I hope he can get a bike pretty soon so he can go racing. He has just been riding borrowed bikes lately. Someone step up and...
I hope he can get a bike pretty soon so he can go racing. He has just been riding borrowed bikes lately. Someone step up and help this kid!!
Bret, do you have any insight to what his plans are? What the terms were of his previous arrangement? By the way, badass video at coop's place!
Lightning78
9/16/2014 12:28pm
bq_365 wrote:
I hope he can get a bike pretty soon so he can go racing. He has just been riding borrowed bikes lately. Someone step up and...
Maybe Motosport can help him out??
mxb2
9/16/2014 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2014 12:49pm
bq_365 wrote:
Maybe he can buy one at a discount?Plenty of leftover 13 or 14 models at great prices.
HazemG
9/16/2014 12:56pm
mxb2 wrote:
Maybe he can buy one at a discount?Plenty of leftover 13 or 14 models at great prices.
+1, also used 450's (2008 Honda) can be had for pretty cheap in good condition.. I wouldn't buy a used 250F but a 450 I wouldn't have a problem. I'm sure he has mechanic buddies that can go with him and check it out, but honestly sometimes you have to buy your own bike. Hopefully he gets on a team because he's fast, but if nobody wants to pick him up maybe it's time to buy an older bike and make do with what you have.
mxb2
9/16/2014 1:04pm
mxb2 wrote:
HazemG wrote:
+1, also used 450's (2008 Honda) can be had for pretty cheap in good condition.. I wouldn't buy a used 250F but a 450 I wouldn't...
+1, also used 450's (2008 Honda) can be had for pretty cheap in good condition.. I wouldn't buy a used 250F but a 450 I wouldn't have a problem. I'm sure he has mechanic buddies that can go with him and check it out, but honestly sometimes you have to buy your own bike. Hopefully he gets on a team because he's fast, but if nobody wants to pick him up maybe it's time to buy an older bike and make do with what you have.
Leftover 13 or 14 450 is the way to go, new, great deals. race local cash races. make $$ pay off bike. Older than 2 years, no contingincies i think?
bq_365
9/16/2014 1:50pm
bq_365 wrote:
Maybe Motosport can help him out??
We do help him out all we can. He has been riding for us all year and will likely do the same next year depending on what he ends up riding!
bq_365
9/16/2014 1:54pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2014 1:54pm
bq_365 wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
Bret, do you have any insight to what his plans are? What the terms were of his previous arrangement? By the way, badass video at coop's...
Bret, do you have any insight to what his plans are? What the terms were of his previous arrangement? By the way, badass video at coop's place!
Jerry and I talk quite a bit, but I don't really think he even knows what his plans are. He stays and trains at South of the Border, but he said it's pretty frustrating there having to rely on someone else for something to ride every day and almost gave up and went home. He could have ridden B again this year, but decided to move up and actually did really well considering the group of guys he was riding with. Renzland, Nichols, etc. have been in the A class for a few years now. He just needs to keep his head up and get on a decent bike, even if it's stock, and he will do well.
Dx3moto
9/16/2014 2:03pm
Just another kid with loads of talent not receiving any help, he definitely has a lot of speed and skill. I enjoy watching him ride, so hopefully he can get out there this year! He's a cool kid.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
9/16/2014 2:27pm
Its unfortunate that MX racing has become too expensive for a kid to do with a after school job anymore. That was what was cool about the 70s and 80s is that if you wanted to race and were not afraid to work you could go racing. Jerry may be left out in the cold as MX becomes like most other forms of motor racing that only the higher income level earners can afford. It wont matter if you have the talent, if you don't have the money then its not going to happen. I am very glad and fortunate that I was able to go racing from the mid 70s up until a few years ago when I just didn't have the passion for it any longer. Think I will get a good duel sport bike and start exploring all the jeep roads Colorado has to offer. Smile
500guy
9/16/2014 2:27pm
I think the question has been answered, He could have raced B class again and choose to move up.

The people buying bikes want titles not 5-10th in A class.

I know it sucks but it's the way the game is played. Good luck to Jerry what ever he chooses to do.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
9/16/2014 2:38pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Its unfortunate that MX racing has become too expensive for a kid to do with a after school job anymore. That was what was cool about...
Its unfortunate that MX racing has become too expensive for a kid to do with a after school job anymore. That was what was cool about the 70s and 80s is that if you wanted to race and were not afraid to work you could go racing. Jerry may be left out in the cold as MX becomes like most other forms of motor racing that only the higher income level earners can afford. It wont matter if you have the talent, if you don't have the money then its not going to happen. I am very glad and fortunate that I was able to go racing from the mid 70s up until a few years ago when I just didn't have the passion for it any longer. Think I will get a good duel sport bike and start exploring all the jeep roads Colorado has to offer. Smile
crap, even the 90's.....i had a part time job and raced almost every weekend.
1bigsave
9/16/2014 3:00pm
I was employed at a bike shop for slave wage, however I got to race moto. superpumped!
newmann
9/16/2014 3:14pm
500guy wrote:
I think the question has been answered, He could have raced B class again and choose to move up. The people buying bikes want titles not...
I think the question has been answered, He could have raced B class again and choose to move up.

I know it sucks but it's the way the game is played. Good luck to Jerry what ever he chooses to do.
Yep, we'll sponsor a sandbagger but not a guy fighting it out in the fast class. Sounds ass backwards, but that's how the moto "industry" rolls.

albythizzle
9/16/2014 3:20pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2014 3:20pm
I really hope Jerry gets a ride, out of all the amateur I think he has earned it. I mean winning loretta's on a 85 honda? That speaks so much! I have noticed that over the years as far as people being loaded, it seems like the kids who's parents have the most money get the most outside support. Even though we have no idea what really happen, Jerry is a good kid, has amazing work ethic and as Bret said he competed with guys that should have already been in the nationals. Sucks that's how everything happen with him, I bet if he keeps his head up he will make Honda regret that.
mxb2
9/16/2014 3:30pm
500guy wrote:
I think the question has been answered, He could have raced B class again and choose to move up. The people buying bikes want titles not...

newmann wrote:
Yep, we'll sponsor a sandbagger but not a guy fighting it out in the fast class. Sounds ass backwards, but that's how the moto "industry" rolls.

Buy him some bikes then lol . how does a dude train at sob and not have $$ for a bike?
Squid-mom
9/16/2014 3:41pm
mxb2 wrote:
Buy him some bikes then lol . how does a dude train at sob and not have $$ for a bike?
There are plenty of talented riders that are at home working so that they can save up money for their bikes. In a perfect world all of our kids could live at training facilities and have new bikes delivered to them on a regular basis. Unfortunately, that is not the way the world works. My husband and kid would both love to be at the track right now, instead they are at work. If that is the route Jerry has to go, I am sure it won't hurt him too much, he is talented enough to overcome the setback.
Grizz
9/16/2014 3:41pm
500guy wrote:

newmann wrote:

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuup. But just shows the kind of kid Jerry is. Good for him.
9/16/2014 3:44pm
I really hope Jerry gets a ride, out of all the amateur I think he has earned it. I mean winning loretta's on a 85 honda...
I really hope Jerry gets a ride, out of all the amateur I think he has earned it. I mean winning loretta's on a 85 honda? That speaks so much! I have noticed that over the years as far as people being loaded, it seems like the kids who's parents have the most money get the most outside support. Even though we have no idea what really happen, Jerry is a good kid, has amazing work ethic and as Bret said he competed with guys that should have already been in the nationals. Sucks that's how everything happen with him, I bet if he keeps his head up he will make Honda regret that.
Yeah hese a good kid and a great rider. But correction, he won the title on the 2007 Honda cr250 that SOB lended him for the two stroke class. I believe he got top 10 in 250B on the 1985. Still amazing
mxb2
9/16/2014 3:56pm
mxb2 wrote:
Squid-mom wrote:
There are plenty of talented riders that are at home working so that they can save up money for their bikes. In a perfect world all...
There are plenty of talented riders that are at home working so that they can save up money for their bikes. In a perfect world all of our kids could live at training facilities and have new bikes delivered to them on a regular basis. Unfortunately, that is not the way the world works. My husband and kid would both love to be at the track right now, instead they are at work. If that is the route Jerry has to go, I am sure it won't hurt him too much, he is talented enough to overcome the setback.
Well said, and sometimes the real world come into play. Look at the riders in 2015 without a ride, sad if you are metty, mookie, weimer and struggle to find employment.
albythizzle
9/16/2014 4:04pm
Yeah hese a good kid and a great rider. But correction, he won the title on the 2007 Honda cr250 that SOB lended him for the...
Yeah hese a good kid and a great rider. But correction, he won the title on the 2007 Honda cr250 that SOB lended him for the two stroke class. I believe he got top 10 in 250B on the 1985. Still amazing
You are correct! I completely forgot thank you! Even that is saying a lot! Winning Loretta on a borrowed bike, and getting there on a 1985...that takes talent. I really like his attitude and how he has handled all the curve balls. When I saw that last night blew my mind.
KTMShane699
9/16/2014 4:12pm
newmann wrote:

Not necessarily directed at you Newmann, because I do agree with you on your point. But look at it from a sponsorship point of view...

People had to ask about how he did at Loretta's. People know who won the "B" classes. I use that term loosely since those guys aren't really "B" riders. Sponsorship is about return on investment. And nothing puts your bike out there like winning...

Morally, he did the right thing. But at the same time he also seems to have shot himself in the foot by doing so.

Tough break. Hope he gets a bike somewhere...even if he buys one.

Shane

Post a reply to: Jerry Robin

The Latest