goinrcn44h
Fantasy
788th
|
USA
Fantasy
428th
6/5/2019 9:06am
He left his agents? I'm assuming hes still at Geico Honda.

The Shop

danzig138
Fantasy
4063rd
6/5/2019 9:17am
Smart move. This will benefit his program.
Kyle_McNab
6/5/2019 9:24am
Why not he was with them for 4 years why keep paying. Jeremy’s smart
77Moto
6/5/2019 9:26am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2019 10:14am
Anyone ever listen to Joe Rogan or Schaub on agents? Worse yet is Dolce. They rip on these guys constantly.
Schaub just did a huge rant on agents.

The guy in the thumb ...google Ali Abdelaziz FBI Informant and read the article. It's an eye opener. Conor McGregor outed the guy on a live press conference. It's a good watch.

Martins agent is exactly what Schaub talks about.

https://youtu.be/2loN_JBUUcM?start=49
roxer21
6/5/2019 10:01am
Didnt he write a contract with geico recently?
tprice07
6/5/2019 10:13am
I'm wondering how many riders currently have agents...and how many of the riders have once had agents.

I think Roczen's agent has done a great job for him up to this point. I don't know what the other agents are doing that a rider couldn't do themselves.
77Moto
6/5/2019 10:17am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2019 10:21am
I always love the people commenting demanding answers on Instagram
What I don't get is why these guys seem to want to air dirty laundry.

If they wanted to thank someone, they could have done so without a worldwide billboard, saying "Hey Thanks, but I'm telling the world I'm out of here"
It's like posting on Face book thanking your Chick for all the awesome blowjobs while driving on road trips, and then telling her you're dumping her for everyone to see.

Or, Is this a cry out to say he wants someone new, or is tired of paying someone for something he could do himself?

peelout
6/5/2019 10:19am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2019 10:30am
it's because the guy is a Dodgers fan. nobody likes the Dodgers but pecker pullers and probably Packers fans
aeffertz
6/5/2019 10:29am
Agents can be good and bad but they’re usually always expensive. Once you’ve been through the ropes enough, you get to know the ins and outs yourself and there’s not much someone else can do for you that you can’t do yourself, so long as you are willing to.

Good for him, I say.
aroark247
6/5/2019 10:35am
roxer21 wrote:
Didnt he write a contract with geico recently?
Yeah, I get that this is more about him leaving the agent he was with and the sports agency he was paying.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
6/5/2019 10:42am
peelout wrote:
it's because the guy is a Dodgers fan. nobody likes the Dodgers but pecker pullers and probably Packers fans
Easy on the Packer fans there buddy..Laughing
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
6/5/2019 2:45pm
His contract with Geico is already signed. If he looks like he's going to race after this new contract is up, maybe he'll get another (or the same) agent. As for now, he doesn't need one.
Natester551v
6/5/2019 3:52pm
Pretty sure Jeffrey Herlings has always represented himself, and I believe he's done pretty well.

I think some guys probably need agents to guide them in the process, but a lot of riders would do just as well to save the money and go it alone. Totally depends on the rider...JMart has always struck me as a pretty smart kid, and he works his tail off....

I would guess when you get to the "superstar" level (e.g. Roczen, Tomac, Dungey, etc.) they need an agent just to keep up on all of the sponsorship opportunities, so it's probably money well spent....
MXMattii
6/5/2019 3:58pm
Sports are simple: If you're doing great, the people who wanna offer you something will find you. But without an agent there is no filter, to filter out the people who need something from you and the not very interesting offers. Also without an agent you've nobody who "hunt new deals".

Everything has his ups and his downs. In Europe there aren't much riders working with agents if I'm informed correctly. Also because the big hitters are mostly working with family and the others aren't interesting enough, aren't making enough money earn something on them as agent.

Sully
6/5/2019 3:58pm
I always love the people commenting demanding answers on Instagram
77Moto wrote:
What I don't get is why these guys seem to want to air dirty laundry. If they wanted to thank someone, they could have done so...
What I don't get is why these guys seem to want to air dirty laundry.

If they wanted to thank someone, they could have done so without a worldwide billboard, saying "Hey Thanks, but I'm telling the world I'm out of here"
It's like posting on Face book thanking your Chick for all the awesome blowjobs while driving on road trips, and then telling her you're dumping her for everyone to see.

Or, Is this a cry out to say he wants someone new, or is tired of paying someone for something he could do himself?

And yet, if he didn't make that Instagram post, and word got out that he wasn't using an agent anymore, there would be a dozen or more threads here speculating on why he dropped them. Too many times, these guys are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.
MelonFan123
6/5/2019 5:36pm
I’ve never understood the need for agents to do endemic deals
yak651
Fantasy
214th
6/5/2019 7:40pm
I think Peely mentioned in the past he's a Lions fan, so that explains a lot...
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
6/5/2019 7:58pm
Falcon wrote:
His contract with Geico is already signed. If he looks like he's going to race after this new contract is up, maybe he'll get another (or...
His contract with Geico is already signed. If he looks like he's going to race after this new contract is up, maybe he'll get another (or the same) agent. As for now, he doesn't need one.
He still has to pay his negotiated percentage of all deals signed for the duration of said contracts while he was being represented. This is about when he moves up to 450's.

All you need is a good Contract Lawyer in MX.
Sully
6/5/2019 10:35pm
"and word got out"

Makes more sense when you read the entire post...
6/5/2019 11:00pm
Pretty sure Jeffrey Herlings has always represented himself, and I believe he's done pretty well. I think some guys probably need agents to guide them in...
Pretty sure Jeffrey Herlings has always represented himself, and I believe he's done pretty well.

I think some guys probably need agents to guide them in the process, but a lot of riders would do just as well to save the money and go it alone. Totally depends on the rider...JMart has always struck me as a pretty smart kid, and he works his tail off....

I would guess when you get to the "superstar" level (e.g. Roczen, Tomac, Dungey, etc.) they need an agent just to keep up on all of the sponsorship opportunities, so it's probably money well spent....
Herlings his personal big sponsor and friend is working for him as a agent to help him out with new sponsor deals. Don't know if he really works as a agent like you used to know.
But just doing the talks for him together with Jeffrey
Jerkolantern
6/5/2019 11:39pm
peelout wrote:
You got a problem with me pulling my pecker? It's cheaper than dinner n a movie Holmes. And the pack is the ONLY TEAM in the NFL that will never move- no buy me a new stadium or else bullshit. Owned by the people for the people. And I've been to lambeau son, it's epic. So don't be coming at me with your fake ass NFL teams or your celibacy crap. Peelout. Your nickname from your wife after washing your drawers
IWreckALot
6/6/2019 5:06am
77Moto wrote:
Anyone ever listen to Joe Rogan or Schaub on agents? Worse yet is Dolce. They rip on these guys constantly. Schaub just did a huge rant...
Anyone ever listen to Joe Rogan or Schaub on agents? Worse yet is Dolce. They rip on these guys constantly.
Schaub just did a huge rant on agents.

The guy in the thumb ...google Ali Abdelaziz FBI Informant and read the article. It's an eye opener. Conor McGregor outed the guy on a live press conference. It's a good watch.

Martins agent is exactly what Schaub talks about.

https://youtu.be/2loN_JBUUcM?start=49
The UFC doesn't care about the fighters. Don't the fighters work or contract directly for the UFC? Or am I misunderstanding. If the UFC required BAR certification for agents, wouldn't that mean that either the fighter or the UFC would inevitably pay more for the fighter?

What does the requirement of schooling and BAR certification do to the price of the agent?

The contract is relatively redundant. I don't believe you can maintain your BAR certification if you're a felon. So no criminal history is a bit more vague than specifically a felon, but if you're going to require a BAR cert, you're getting a non felon.

In the end, I see where he's going. But there is a side of the conversation he's not considering.

Post a reply to: Jeremy Martin "on his own"

The Latest