Jeremy Martin in 250 class AGAIN??

keinz
11/29/2018 10:07am
So what is wrong with staying in the 250 class ? Its a pro class. There should be no age rule or point out system in...
So what is wrong with staying in the 250 class ? Its a pro class. There should be no age rule or point out system in any pro class. We should have three classes like back in the day. Bring back the 125 class.
I see your point. Physically, some guys are simply better suited to ride a 250; Cooper Webb being the most obvious example. On the other hand...
I see your point. Physically, some guys are simply better suited to ride a 250; Cooper Webb being the most obvious example.

On the other hand, there's a mental aspect. When you have pushing-30 Zach Osborne routinely bullying teenagers for wins, something's gotta give. The 250 class is not just about the bike, it's a learning curve, and gaining the maturity to handle the 450 class. Savagty is a good example of someone who seems to have matured beyond the Lites. Forkner is a good example of someone who needs a few more years there.

It's complicated, basically.
+1
MC752
11/29/2018 10:26am
Here's a thought. Its his job. He has one at the moment. Probably with good pay and a healthy win bonus. At your place of work, if you have decent pay,and good benefits, would you move out of your job just because people on the internet are mad that you have been there for to long? The 250 class has become a premier class and a good place to make a living. Yes, I know the argument of 2 coasts in supercross. Let it be and enjoy the racing!
mb60
11/29/2018 10:50am
His older brother still rides the 250 ? Why should baby bro move up ?
crowe176
11/29/2018 12:55pm
So what is wrong with staying in the 250 class ? Its a pro class. There should be no age rule or point out system in...
So what is wrong with staying in the 250 class ? Its a pro class. There should be no age rule or point out system in any pro class. We should have three classes like back in the day. Bring back the 125 class.
keinz wrote:
Woah. And when Herlings stayed in 250, he was sandbagger.
How can people be so hypocritical?
You're right. I'd imagine anyone that called him a sandbagger were looking for anything to criticize him about though. I think when you look at guys like RC, Stew, Herlings.. sub-human next level aliens on dirt bikes, it's such a huge dropoff to second place, along with the excitement to watch those guys on big bikes against the best there is, you expect them to do what you want them to do?

Herlings is a savage. He's a guy we collectively wanted to move up lol. Sandbagger, no, sandmaster, uh yea.

The Shop

aeffertz
11/29/2018 1:01pm
There's your answer right there. I'd hate like hell trying to make a debut in the 450 class right now with the four guys moving up...
There's your answer right there. I'd hate like hell trying to make a debut in the 450 class right now with the four guys moving up plus the regular heavy hitters. I know we say it every year and there are injuries but what a freaking stacked field we have. I'm excited to see this get under way. Where's Brett Michaels when we need him??
Do we ever really need Brett Michaels?
Bry145
11/29/2018 4:38pm
If 250SX gets the same TV time as 450SX and 250s outsell 450s, then the OEMs have an economic incentive to keep guys in the class to win races and championships.

If the champs are forced out after having one year to defend the title, this should gradually funnel talent into the 450SX class.

Allowing racers like Martin to continue in 250SX also allows one more spot on the gate in 450SX for a privateer.

The other side of the coin is this: How will up and coming racers get footing and rides in the sport if they are racing experienced 24-29 year olds in 250SX?

It is a tough situation to address.

drt410
11/29/2018 5:28pm
tek14 wrote:
He wants to take over Davalos records...
Speaking of that Mitch signed Davalos for the 19’ sx season.. I wish him the best, but we alllll know how this story goes.
11/29/2018 6:10pm
If guys are going to stay in the 250 class forever then we need a developmental class. Make the 250 class one class, no east or west, and a full blown series.

Get rid of all the crap at supercross races and add a 125cc east/west SX developmental series. Make this the series that you gain your points to move up to the 250 class. It would be great to see this at all supercross races. Even if qualifiers are during the day, and they just run their 10 lap main in the evening. Lord knows there is plenty of time to add that to the night program.
GPrider
11/29/2018 6:36pm
why are you guys still debating? His employer tells him what to do, geez, get over it. Just like your boss. Tards
Motoxdoc
11/29/2018 7:49pm
WHYYYYYÝY
Holy shit! Are you kidding?! While I'm stoked he can function normally and even more stoked he will make a return to racing!!.....you're bitching about what class he's going to be in when he's making his MIRACULOUS comeback?....an absolute enormous obstacle that 0.000001% of the public has overcome!!! As a motocross fan, you should be happy that you GET to see him race again.
H4L
11/29/2018 8:06pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
Holy shit! Are you kidding?! While I'm stoked he can function normally and even more stoked he will make a return to racing!!.....you're bitching about what...
Holy shit! Are you kidding?! While I'm stoked he can function normally and even more stoked he will make a return to racing!!.....you're bitching about what class he's going to be in when he's making his MIRACULOUS comeback?....an absolute enormous obstacle that 0.000001% of the public has overcome!!! As a motocross fan, you should be happy that you GET to see him race again.
Some of the shit you read on forums is unreal...
Johnny Ringo
11/29/2018 8:20pm
His injury was GNAR. I'd surprised if he's back for any SX? I love seeing that guy ride outdoors. No matter what bike.

Kind of like Brownie. Who didn't love watching him ride a 125?
Forty
11/29/2018 8:29pm
It's 2018

as far as I'm concerned both 250 and 450 are professional race classes....250 is no longer a "tiddler" class or entry level class. If a rider decides to make a living/career in the 250 class so be it. If a rider is able to start their pro career in the 450 class and generate the support needed to do it, so be it.

I always thought Grant Langstons career was interesting as he made a great go of it moving around the different bike sizes with championship results. Who cares where they land...if they are riding professionally and can compete, let it be.

Lightning78
11/29/2018 10:16pm
OP could improve it by making it an Open Letter. Confessing that JMart is "the son he never had"; therefore it hurts OP so much that...
OP could improve it by making it an Open Letter. Confessing that JMart is "the son he never had"; therefore it hurts OP so much that he "is selling himself short" by remaining on a 250. It should contain the phrases "giant among trolls" and "Above all, reach for the stars, young man!"
A couple of those phrases should have ....no pun intrnded after them if were talking about JMart Laughing
This is a complicated issue because If we make the we 25ďßssdc0 class a professional class that leaves 0 Room for amateurs to come in in turn pro there will be a lot of amateurs they get really screwed after the red as because there won't be any Room for them and either class to start racing on this will apply to everybody but it will sure have a strong impact on a lot of Loretta Lynn's graduates
RMT
11/30/2018 2:26am
MC752 wrote:
Here's a thought. Its his job. He has one at the moment. Probably with good pay and a healthy win bonus. At your place of work...
Here's a thought. Its his job. He has one at the moment. Probably with good pay and a healthy win bonus. At your place of work, if you have decent pay,and good benefits, would you move out of your job just because people on the internet are mad that you have been there for to long? The 250 class has become a premier class and a good place to make a living. Yes, I know the argument of 2 coasts in supercross. Let it be and enjoy the racing!
At my employer, if your not moving up, you are moving out. If you’re not growing, you’re dying. I dont really care who races where but i also don’t take the guys that stay in the 250 class forever serious anymore. They will never be top level and that’s ok I guess. At least they are getting paid and have cool nicknames.
Cortami79
11/30/2018 3:22am
keinz wrote:
They are.

Herlings planned to move to the 450's way earlier, but those 2 heavy injuries postponed that
Paul333
11/30/2018 5:31am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2018 5:32am
keinz wrote:
Herlings 100% dominated every Moto. He had zero competition, as in nada, zip, none. Winning by 30 seconds or more, winning every single Moto, and winning multiple championships. He benefited by being young riding in an age restricted class in which all his competition was forced up every year. Not to forget he had a full factory 450/MX1 ride on any team he wanted waiting for him.

That’s a textbook example of a rider who needed to move up earlier than he did, but loved dominating and winning easy race wins & championships.

Big difference between Herlings last 2 at least championships in MX2 verses the Martin brothers, Davalos, etc.

Trust me, I very much respect Herlings in his early MX2 career & now in MX1 but he should have moved up earlier.

Bramlett321
11/30/2018 5:37am
There's your answer right there. I'd hate like hell trying to make a debut in the 450 class right now with the four guys moving up...
There's your answer right there. I'd hate like hell trying to make a debut in the 450 class right now with the four guys moving up plus the regular heavy hitters. I know we say it every year and there are injuries but what a freaking stacked field we have. I'm excited to see this get under way. Where's Brett Michaels when we need him??
aeffertz wrote:
Do we ever really need Brett Michaels?
Lmao!!!! I was being sarcastic with my enthusiasm at an all time high. But that answer would have to be no.

Post a reply to: Jeremy Martin in 250 class AGAIN??

The Latest