Jeremy Martin in 250 class AGAIN??

Related:
Create New Tag

11/28/2018 11:01 PM

WHYYYYYÝY

|

Never give up on Anyone

11/28/2018 11:08 PM

He wants to take over Davalos records...

|

11/28/2018 11:19 PM

Just following the rules and regulations that are in place. It's not like he is pulling a fast one to win a championship.

|

11/28/2018 11:33 PM

He's safer there, frankly. Especially coming back from a major injury. The 450 class is so stacked/chaotic even a guy like Dean Wilson can't get a factory ride.

|

BT20 👉 02/20/20 👉#TICKLETIMEBITCHES

11/28/2018 11:54 PM

The guy was almost fucking paralyzed. Give him a break

If you were in his (or Davalos') position:

Option 1: Take 100k + and ride on factory equipment for arguably the best teams in the world
Option 2: Spend 100k and ride on privateer equipment from a van

what would you take?

|

11/29/2018 12:07 AM

Cortami79 wrote:

The guy was almost fucking paralyzed. Give him a break

If you were in his (or Davalos') position:

Option 1: Take 100k + and ...more

I don’t get why people don’t understand this. Hats off to Davalos for making a living working a system that arguably works against giving all but a handful of riders what they earn.

Also, at this point, the less time Jmart spends on a SX track, the longer his career will be..

|

11/29/2018 12:42 AM

Meanwhile nobody is mad that Alex Martin is still in 250s... whistling

|

11/29/2018 12:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2018 1:20 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

Meanwhile nobody is mad that Alex Martin is still in 250s... whistling

There is however one huge difference. Jeremy is a 2 time 250 outdoor champ. 2014 and 2015.

I see no problems with him staying down for 250 SX because of his injury. But i really think he should be on a 450 outdoors. He is not getting younger and he could still be very, very capable on a big bike outdoors. I understand that Honda wants him to win 250 titles since they have Roczen on the 450 but JMart has nothing more to prove on a 250 outdoors.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

11/29/2018 1:09 AM

He was supposed to move to the 450 on 2019 but the guy almost got paralyzed in a very bad crash ! So it is normal to stay on a 250 for one more year and move to the 450 on better conditions (hoping for 2020). He doesn’t even know if can ride supercross this year ! Why would he move now ? He made the right choice get over it

PS: Herlings did the same, he postponed twice the 450 move because of bad injuries

|

11/29/2018 3:35 AM

Cortami79 wrote:

The guy was almost fucking paralyzed. Give him a break

If you were in his (or Davalos') position:

Option 1: Take 100k + and ...more

crowe176 wrote:

I don’t get why people don’t understand this. Hats off to Davalos for making a living working a system that arguably works ...more

These guys get it.
J-Mart needs to make some cash and has a shot at being a double champion in 2019. (Bonus Bonus!) ultimately this will lead to a better paying 450 ride in 2020.
This is a business people, he’s not going to move up and lose thousands of dollars because of some keyboard warriors.
If he won the MX title this year and still elected to stay down I would understand people questioning it but at the end of the day he still needs to make the best business decision possible.

|

11/29/2018 3:37 AM

I’m glad Jeremy is going to make a strong enough recovery from his injury to race again, in any capacity/class.

|

11/29/2018 4:03 AM

So what is wrong with staying in the 250 class ? Its a pro class. There should be no age rule or point out system in any pro class. We should have three classes like back in the day. Bring back the 125 class.

|

11/29/2018 5:00 AM

Cortami79 wrote:

The guy was almost fucking paralyzed. Give him a break

If you were in his (or Davalos') position:

Option 1: Take 100k + and ...more

There's your answer right there. I'd hate like hell trying to make a debut in the 450 class right now with the four guys moving up plus the regular heavy hitters. I know we say it every year and there are injuries but what a freaking stacked field we have. I'm excited to see this get under way. Where's Brett Michaels when we need him??

|

11/29/2018 5:24 AM

Honda paid Jeremy a lot of money to stay on a 250F. Plus he just had an almost career ending injury. Alex gets paid a lot of money to ride a 250, plus in today’s market he certainly would not be making any money or have a factory bike in the 450 class. Davalos is a damn shame, he proved he could excel on a 450 after his podiums from two years ago but cannot get a deal.



|

11/29/2018 5:48 AM

Cortami79 wrote:

The guy was almost fucking paralyzed. Give him a break

If you were in his (or Davalos') position:

Option 1: Take 100k + and ...more

crowe176 wrote:

I don’t get why people don’t understand this. Hats off to Davalos for making a living working a system that arguably works ...more

motonation24 wrote:

These guys get it.
J-Mart needs to make some cash and has a shot at being a double champion in 2019. (Bonus Bonus!) ultimately ...more

All good points above. Honda could also want him to help continue the development of the new gen. 250f bike format.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

11/29/2018 5:54 AM

SANDBAGGGGGGGER

|

11/29/2018 6:24 AM

They are Both pro classes, imo more Guys should drop down to the 250 class especially in the out doors
Guys that maybe would have a chance to battle for wins in that class

|

11/29/2018 6:29 AM

I'm guessing his employer tells him what class he is going to ride. Pretty much ends this thread.

|

11/29/2018 6:31 AM

He's doing what he has to do to make a living instead of riding for free. Pretty simple.

|

11/29/2018 7:11 AM

I have no problem with any rider staying in the 250 class. If a guy is a 250 specialist, so be it. Why force a great 250 rider to move up, so he can flounder around like Cooper Webb, or countless others? Whatever guys want to race is fine by me. I usually enjoy the 250 races more anyway, there has recently been more competition where any number of riders can win. In the 450’s it’s two, maybe three guys. Gets kind of boring.

|




Business link - www.bc-inspect.com

11/29/2018 7:20 AM

Just be happy to see him back guys!! My guess is we will not see him until outdoors 2019...(and that would be a very wise choice imo)

|

11/29/2018 7:26 AM

Right, wrong, or indifferent. He should have been forced up in 2017.

2 time champ, should have had one more chance to defend (2016).


I like Jeremy and feel bad about his injury, but that doesn't mean I completely disagree with the logic to let him keep racing the 250 class.

|

11/29/2018 8:25 AM

Stonedmason wrote:

So what is wrong with staying in the 250 class ? Its a pro class. There should be no age rule or point out system in any pro ...more

I see your point. Physically, some guys are simply better suited to ride a 250; Cooper Webb being the most obvious example.

On the other hand, there's a mental aspect. When you have pushing-30 Zach Osborne routinely bullying teenagers for wins, something's gotta give. The 250 class is not just about the bike, it's a learning curve, and gaining the maturity to handle the 450 class. Savagty is a good example of someone who seems to have matured beyond the Lites. Forkner is a good example of someone who needs a few more years there.

It's complicated, basically.

|

BT20 👉 02/20/20 👉#TICKLETIMEBITCHES

11/29/2018 8:40 AM

travis-grant wrote:

WHYYYYYÝY

This might just be the dumbest thread on vital

|

11/29/2018 8:54 AM

Yes, Jeremy has two 250 National titles, but he also has some unfinished business in 250 SX.

I think I’ve made this argument more than once, but...

A racing career is like a one-way trip with a cliff at the end. There’s no reason to run towards the cliff.

I don’t begrudge anyone for getting the most from their careers.

|

11/29/2018 9:17 AM

travis-grant wrote:

WHYYYYYÝY

Jack_4196 wrote:

This might just be the dumbest thread on vital

OP could improve it by making it an Open Letter. Confessing that JMart is "the son he never had"; therefore it hurts OP so much that he "is selling himself short" by remaining on a 250. It should contain the phrases "giant among trolls" and "Above all, reach for the stars, young man!"

|

BT20 👉 02/20/20 👉#TICKLETIMEBITCHES

11/29/2018 9:20 AM

How dare a rider stay in a class in which he has a great ride with a nice salary.

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

11/29/2018 9:47 AM

travis-grant wrote:

WHYYYYYÝY

Which 450 offers did he turn down?

|

11/29/2018 9:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2018 9:51 AM

Quite simple.... it pays well or better than moving up. Years ago, there used to be specialists on any given size bike, not sure why it is such a mind blowing concept for someone to grasp I would do the same thing as these guys and figure some careers were cut pretty short when they were forced to move up. I would cash those checks all day long.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

11/29/2018 10:01 AM

chrisg19 wrote:

I have no problem with any rider staying in the 250 class. If a guy is a 250 specialist, so be it. Why force a great 250 rider ...more

How about Herlings? Sandbagger in 250

|

Power is nothing without control