Jeremey Martin to RCH??!!! Webb to factory Yamaha!!!!

Yamiguy51
Edited Date/Time 2/19/2016 10:43am
Just heard on pulp he's goin to RCH in 2017 shits crazy! But I guess makes sense rides at RC'S place gonna be odd seeing him on a yellow bike
|
zehn
2/15/2016 9:05pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2016 9:06pm
There has been mention of this move on this forum for more than a few months (sorry to be that guy).

Not to be a Debby downer but I think JMart is one of those guys who did really really well on the 250 but might not fare as well on the 450. Prepared to take flaming for that opinion so bring it on.
Yamiguy51
2/15/2016 9:09pm
Oh damn I thought I had the breaking news epic fail! Sorry people please forgive me
Yamiguy51
2/15/2016 9:15pm
So with Webb signing with factory Yamaha for next year is he gonna be the only guy on the team or is reedy gonna be back? Anyone got any insight?
Starcrossed
2/15/2016 9:15pm
zehn wrote:
There has been mention of this move on this forum for more than a few months (sorry to be that guy). Not to be a Debby...
There has been mention of this move on this forum for more than a few months (sorry to be that guy).

Not to be a Debby downer but I think JMart is one of those guys who did really really well on the 250 but might not fare as well on the 450. Prepared to take flaming for that opinion so bring it on.
What gives you that impression? The kid is a hard worker and I think he'll make the transition as well as, or better than, anybody else. He's got a couple championships in his back pocket, so he shouldn't be lacking confidence. What do you feel will limit his success on the 450?

The Shop

Yamiguy51
2/15/2016 9:17pm
zehn wrote:
There has been mention of this move on this forum for more than a few months (sorry to be that guy). Not to be a Debby...

What gives you that impression? The kid is a hard worker and I think he'll make the transition as well as, or better than, anybody else...
What gives you that impression? The kid is a hard worker and I think he'll make the transition as well as, or better than, anybody else. He's got a couple championships in his back pocket, so he shouldn't be lacking confidence. What do you feel will limit his success on the 450?
I agree I think he will do pretty well for his rookie year can't expect a championship but top 5s are possible especially outside
zehn
2/15/2016 9:19pm
What gives you that impression? The kid is a hard worker and I think he'll make the transition as well as, or better than, anybody else...
I can't quite put my finger on it to be honest, which I realize doesn't exactly back up my original statement. I see Webb as the guy that will be a future multi-time champion.

I'm likely wrong though. That's just what I feel
Getndome
2/15/2016 9:27pm
zehn wrote:

Size, I could see him being just like baggett.
Getndome
2/15/2016 9:30pm
I hope not though, even if he never becomes a contender in SX. I hope he can still kick ass outdoors. baggett has yet to show up outdoors on a 450 his SX results were to be expected. but I expected more outdoors.
Starcrossed
2/15/2016 9:31pm
Getndome wrote:
Baggett has done fairly well, with the exception of the start of this SX season. He's obviously been hampered by injury, but I suspect he'll be back to form soon.
Jimmy_Sloan
2/15/2016 9:35pm
zehn wrote:

One thing to consider is that not many people pegged J-Mart to be the 250 National Champion the first season he won it. But he came out smoking.

It's hard to say where the lites riders will fall when they hit the big boy class.
Starcrossed
2/15/2016 9:36pm
Getndome wrote:
I hope not though, even if he never becomes a contender in SX. I hope he can still kick ass outdoors. baggett has yet to show...
I hope not though, even if he never becomes a contender in SX. I hope he can still kick ass outdoors. baggett has yet to show up outdoors on a 450 his SX results were to be expected. but I expected more outdoors.
Baggett finished fourth in the points in his rookie season outdoors on the 450. The only guys to finish in front of him were Dungey, Roczen, and Barcia. I would consider that a successful campaign.
VET176
2/15/2016 9:37pm
Getndome wrote:
Someone is going to throw the RC argument at you....
zehn
2/15/2016 9:39pm
Getndome wrote:
VET176 wrote:
Or Villo. Isn't he like 5'6 or 5'7?
Getndome
2/15/2016 9:42pm
Getndome wrote:
VET176 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Yeah I know it doesn't always matter their size but he reminds me a lot of baggett fast as shit outdoors but didn't quite have it indoors. Like I said I hope I'm wrong the more the merrier!
Getndome
2/15/2016 9:44pm
Getndome wrote:
I hope not though, even if he never becomes a contender in SX. I hope he can still kick ass outdoors. baggett has yet to show...
Baggett finished fourth in the points in his rookie season outdoors on the 450. The only guys to finish in front of him were Dungey, Roczen...
Baggett finished fourth in the points in his rookie season outdoors on the 450. The only guys to finish in front of him were Dungey, Roczen, and Barcia. I would consider that a successful campaign.
Yeah but I was waiting for some "el chupacabra" moments like when him and tomac used to duke it out never really saw any crazy late race charges
bd
2/15/2016 10:02pm
VET176 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Getndome wrote:
Yeah I know it doesn't always matter their size but he reminds me a lot of baggett fast as shit outdoors but didn't quite have it...
Yeah I know it doesn't always matter their size but he reminds me a lot of baggett fast as shit outdoors but didn't quite have it indoors. Like I said I hope I'm wrong the more the merrier!
Yeah... because Stew, TC41, RC, RV, RD5 have an issue with size and height. How tall is RD5, 5ft 8in?

JMART will compete outdoors. Can he polish his SX skills?
Getndome
2/15/2016 10:09pm
zehn wrote:
Getndome wrote:
Yeah I know it doesn't always matter their size but he reminds me a lot of baggett fast as shit outdoors but didn't quite have it...
bd wrote:
Yeah... because Stew, TC41, RC, RV, RD5 have an issue with size and height. How tall is RD5, 5ft 8in? JMART will compete outdoors. Can he...
Yeah... because Stew, TC41, RC, RV, RD5 have an issue with size and height. How tall is RD5, 5ft 8in?

I just saw something that said dungey was 5'10 he looks taller then that it said jmart was 5'7 he looks 4'7 lol
Starcrossed
2/15/2016 10:17pm
bd wrote:
Yeah... because Stew, TC41, RC, RV, RD5 have an issue with size and height. How tall is RD5, 5ft 8in? JMART will compete outdoors. Can he...

We might get an answer to your second question very soon. I would imagine he has been working on it, and hopefully we'll see an improvement in his SX results this season. Part of the reason he's had a couple DNQs is just nerves, I think.

That's number 5,000 for you, if you didn't notice.
kiwifan
2/15/2016 10:22pm
I think this is a good move for him, he will (in his first 450 rookie year) be a top ten guy
smoothwakey
Fantasy
144th
2/16/2016 3:29am
Getndome wrote:
Baggett finished fourth in the points in his rookie season outdoors on the 450. The only guys to finish in front of him were Dungey, Roczen...
He finished fifth, dungey, tomac, seely and reed beat him. Still impressive though
Flip109
2/16/2016 4:31am
Yeah I just don't see Jmart doing to much indoors in the 450 class. There are so many fast guys in that class, past champs etc... I think outdoors he will get lots of top 5's and maybe some podiums.

Webb will be a contender both in and out no doubt.
gharmon
2/16/2016 4:48am
Getndome wrote:
bd wrote:

Getndome wrote:
I just saw something that said dungey was 5'10 he looks taller then that it said jmart was 5'7 he looks 4'7 lol
RD is like 5'10" I thought I had consistently seen quotes of 5'4" for Martin but I agree he looks to barely be 5' in some interviews.
IWreckALot
2/16/2016 5:01am
zehn wrote:

I don't like playing the hypothetical games or calling the next multi time champions much, but I see a lot of characteristics that we saw in Dungey in Martin. Soft spoken, polite, trains hard, may not be the flashiest rider but can make it happen in MX. Webb will be there the whole time though trying to knock Martin down. Martin needs to find his groove in SX in order to step his game up. I hope east coast is going to be more interesting than West.
2/16/2016 5:35am
I think Martin has a ton of potential upside but he has a lot to prove indoors this year.

If it's for Tickle's seat, then it's sort of a no-brainer if you ask me. Tickle is solid but not a threat for the box. If they give him a few years, it's possible Martin can do that. But I'd agree it's possible that he doesn't too. As a second seat, though, it makes sense to gamble on someone who might make it work and isn't hurt all the time (for your sponsors).
Starcrossed
2/16/2016 5:46am
Getndome wrote:
He finished fifth, dungey, tomac, seely and reed beat him. Still impressive though
Read the above posts again. The word "outdoors" is mentioned four times. As someone posted in another thread, if you're going to correct someone, you should first be sure that you're correct.
jmx411
2/16/2016 7:24am
I think (or hope) that he will be fine outdoors on the 450. Fine in wins and contend for championships.

The big question is supercross. I think this year in the east will be bug for him.
early
Fantasy
2212th
2/16/2016 7:24am
Who knows, J Mart could be Yamahas only 250 sx champ this year...
RbR
2/16/2016 10:26am
I think Martin is going to surprise people when he moves up to the 450s. From what I've seen of him at Millville, he's quite a bit faster on the big bike vs. the 250.
brimx153
2/16/2016 10:34am
Martin will win races right away outdoors . stamp it. he is most of the time way faster then Webb . and he has gone very well on a 450 . plus he is very small to .

Post a reply to: Jeremey Martin to RCH??!!! Webb to factory Yamaha!!!!

The Latest