Jeffrey Herlings x Jorge Prado Preparing for MXGP Lommel *RAW*

lucas-vh
Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 6:26am
|
Rowlands
7/31/2017 1:53pm
Cairoli vs Herlings this weekend is going to be insane !
lucas-vh
7/31/2017 1:55pm
Rowlands wrote:
agreed. ill bet on herlings though.
philG
7/31/2017 2:06pm
We are in Germany making our way over on thursday, hadnt thought too much about the race till seeing that.. the Nations race with Cairoli and Herlings was insane, i reckon it will be rammed... new track too so no real advantage for anyone.
lucas-vh
7/31/2017 2:09pm
philG wrote:
We are in Germany making our way over on thursday, hadnt thought too much about the race till seeing that.. the Nations race with Cairoli and...
We are in Germany making our way over on thursday, hadnt thought too much about the race till seeing that.. the Nations race with Cairoli and Herlings was insane, i reckon it will be rammed... new track too so no real advantage for anyone.
I wish I could see it in person Sad . Should be a great race that's for sure

The Shop

7/31/2017 2:18pm
Rowlands wrote:
100% Agree. 2 sandmasters going at it on one of the most brutal tracks in the world.. Should be awesome Cool
Swann
7/31/2017 5:42pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2017 5:44pm
Herlings has to be one of the most technically perfect riders I've ever seen. Just watch his body position everywhere on that track. He's in the perfect position every time. Especially in the sand - he knows how to keep traction on that rear wheel. He's a joy to watch.
Yep
7/31/2017 6:11pm
Paulin and Suzuki's Strijbos and Jasikonis are no slouches in sand
jemcee
7/31/2017 6:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2017 8:31pm
Swann wrote:
Herlings has to be one of the most technically perfect riders I've ever seen. Just watch his body position everywhere on that track. He's in the...
Herlings has to be one of the most technically perfect riders I've ever seen. Just watch his body position everywhere on that track. He's in the perfect position every time. Especially in the sand - he knows how to keep traction on that rear wheel. He's a joy to watch.
Yep and it always seems like his bike is set up perfectly.. Whether that's just due to his style or he and his mechanic work well together either way he makes everything look deceivingly easy haha

Also I noticed that Prado only took his foot off the pegs 3 times.. awesome balance
PressPassP
7/31/2017 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2017 7:22pm
Excellent,a re-run of the MXdN battle,hope Cairoli and Herlings both get of the line clean and we see them at each other
Strijbos and Gaijser have won here in recent years too
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/31/2017 8:17pm
Man, that would be an awesome one to see in person.

Isn't Anstie a pretty salty sand rider too?
7/31/2017 8:39pm
Anyone know if you can buy single events for MXGP-TV? I was hoping to watch Lommel but not really interested in purchasing the season pass.
lucas-vh
7/31/2017 8:51pm
Anyone know if you can buy single events for MXGP-TV? I was hoping to watch Lommel but not really interested in purchasing the season pass.
Yeah you can buy single events
7/31/2017 10:22pm
Herlings makes me consistently wonder whether or not we are even participating in the same sport. He doesn't look real the way he rides so smooth in such awful conditions.
Motofinne
8/1/2017 1:09am
Yes you can buy single races(7,99€), but they have a discount on the whole package at the moment including MXdN for 65€
philG
8/1/2017 1:10am
kzizok wrote:
Man, that would be an awesome one to see in person.

Isn't Anstie a pretty salty sand rider too?
He is ok, won at Lommel on the Dixon Yamaha in 2015 (i think) and is good in sand, but nobody is Herlings fast .

At Lierop he was a different level. had an 8 second lead halfway round the first lap , never seen anything like it.
8/1/2017 7:12am
Swann wrote:
Herlings has to be one of the most technically perfect riders I've ever seen. Just watch his body position everywhere on that track. He's in the...
I second that. I've always loved watching him ride, and I think his style is as awesome on hard packed as it is in sand. But then again, watching him ride in deep sand is unreal.
8/1/2017 7:22am
philG wrote:
He is ok, won at Lommel on the Dixon Yamaha in 2015 (i think) and is good in sand, but nobody is Herlings fast . At...
He is ok, won at Lommel on the Dixon Yamaha in 2015 (i think) and is good in sand, but nobody is Herlings fast .

At Lierop he was a different level. had an 8 second lead halfway round the first lap , never seen anything like it.
Man, that Lierop race in 2012 (I think?) is just unreal. I watch it now and again whenever I need to see a person perfect his/her craft.

What's amazing with that race is the speed he carries late in the motos. Everybody else is dipping into the waves riding with their chins on the handlebars but Herlings just keeps riding like he's riding a Moto GP track.

One of my favorite MX-things to watch again and again, for sure!
8/1/2017 9:59am
Poppanator wrote:
Man, that Lierop race in 2012 (I think?) is just unreal. I watch it now and again whenever I need to see a person perfect his/her...
Man, that Lierop race in 2012 (I think?) is just unreal. I watch it now and again whenever I need to see a person perfect his/her craft.

What's amazing with that race is the speed he carries late in the motos. Everybody else is dipping into the waves riding with their chins on the handlebars but Herlings just keeps riding like he's riding a Moto GP track.

One of my favorite MX-things to watch again and again, for sure!
Yep 2012 Lierop, full races are avaible on the official mxgptv youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEZ3dx1jg_A

I was there myself at that race, it was absolultely unreal. Kind of sucks Lierop isn't the best track for viewing but it was awesome to see the Dutch fans go wild!

To this day this was the most impressive riding i've ever seen with my own eyes nothing comes close. I believe he lapped up to 3rd place with only JVH89 on the same lap.
Tzevtkoff
8/1/2017 10:26am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 10:33am
My home track Kissing

Edit : The track has changed a lot. Srsly I'm not sure it's Lommel lol.

Yep
8/1/2017 10:35am
Looks like Herlings is healthy nowCool
Prntscrn
8/1/2017 10:47am
Tzevtkoff wrote:
My home track Kissing

Edit : The track has changed a lot. Srsly I'm not sure it's Lommel lol.

It's not
Rowlands
8/1/2017 11:42am
If Herlings gets a start I can't see anybody beating him especially as AC is so far ahead in the points.

I agree I love watching Jeffrey ride the sand it's kinda frustrating though because he makes our sport look easy. Put a good expert rider around that track and he will look very very average.
Aryen
8/1/2017 1:29pm
So bummed I can't go this weekend... I'm on vacation in the south of France (no punishment either) but really wanted to see 84 and 222 on 450s in Lommel... I actually live an hour from the track.
8/1/2017 1:48pm
lucas-vh wrote:
I might bet on Herlings too, but only because Cairoli has so little at risk -- he just needs to cruise in the top five. 'Course I said the same thing going into the last three events, so I dunno.

Then I went back and rewatched the third race from the 2012 MXDN at Lommel, when Cairoli and Herlings were both on 350s and they toasted the rest of the field. Herlings made a poor start (shock) and had to work his way into second, but, man, he had nothing for Cairoli in the late laps. It'll be interesting.

8/1/2017 1:59pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 2:00pm
lucas-vh wrote:
I might bet on Herlings too, but only because Cairoli has so little at risk -- he just needs to cruise in the top five. 'Course...
I might bet on Herlings too, but only because Cairoli has so little at risk -- he just needs to cruise in the top five. 'Course I said the same thing going into the last three events, so I dunno.

Then I went back and rewatched the third race from the 2012 MXDN at Lommel, when Cairoli and Herlings were both on 350s and they toasted the rest of the field. Herlings made a poor start (shock) and had to work his way into second, but, man, he had nothing for Cairoli in the late laps. It'll be interesting.

Herlings was involved in a pile up on the exit of the 1st turn, dead last or close to it. So even to get close to Cairoli was remarkable.
lucas-vh
8/1/2017 2:23pm
lucas-vh wrote:
I might bet on Herlings too, but only because Cairoli has so little at risk -- he just needs to cruise in the top five. 'Course...

Herlings was involved in a pile up on the exit of the 1st turn, dead last or close to it. So even to get close to...
Herlings was involved in a pile up on the exit of the 1st turn, dead last or close to it. So even to get close to Cairoli was remarkable.
I'll be disappointed if he doesn't go 1-1 lol
jemcee
8/2/2017 4:21am
lucas-vh wrote:

Herlings was involved in a pile up on the exit of the 1st turn, dead last or close to it. So even to get close to...
He was, but he got into 2nd by lap 6 (incredibly) then had 10 laps to get by Cairoli and couldn't
This is a lap chart that was posted that I held onto.. I will say it doesn't look all that official but can't imagine it's a fake

Post a reply to: Jeffrey Herlings x Jorge Prado Preparing for MXGP Lommel *RAW*

The Latest