Jeffrey Herlings to race American MX series?

Motofinne
3/11/2019 12:30pm
He posted 7 minutes ago "Happy with the news today" on his IG story.
3/11/2019 12:45pm
It would build both MXGP and MX Pro nationals.

It's good for the sport - win or lose - I wish fans could just appreciate that even the guy in 20th place is an incredible rider - and appreciate if a guy comes here to race - rather than compare if US is better. We clearly are NOT - but that doesn't mean a guy moving his life over here is a lock to win.

He will have a tough road ahead - I personally think just adjusting to the weekly grind and short 1 day program would be a massive adjustment. If you are having an off day - there is no sleep and regroup before the races like there is for the GP's.

Conversely - when villo went to europe - he was often fast in early laps of practice. But the euros closed the gap each time out.
This is something he wasn't used to doing - finding little improvements through the course of the weekend. Here in the USA, generally you are as good as you will be by final practice and the track is best it will be.
early
Fantasy
2231st
3/11/2019 1:01pm
Can't wait to see him in person at high point Laughing
peltier626
3/11/2019 1:19pm
With herlings, moosecan, webb, bagget, Osborne, and Anderson, the Austrians could put their bikes on the podium at every round and posibbly sweep the podium multiple times. I bet Daveys licking his chops at the thought of Sir Jeffery gracing us with his presence.

The Shop

Ranman68
3/12/2019 8:22am
DoctorJD wrote:
The KTM rig with Herlings, Webb, and Musquin? Not gonna happen, but it would be reminiscent of the Honda superstar teams of the early 80's.
kb228 wrote:
What happens if webb beats herlings again tho
If that happened, he would no longer be Cooper Webb. He would be "Super Cooper" and would wear a cape. I can see Webb getting a lot of holeshots outdoors and giving Herlings fits at times, but beating Herlings outdoors on a 450? No. Maybe one day, but he aint there yet.
Ranman68
3/12/2019 8:32am
Cortami79 wrote:
The talk never stops, jeeeez I love to watch both Tomac and Herlings, and ofcourse I will always root for Herlings. But come on, the types...
The talk never stops, jeeeez

I love to watch both Tomac and Herlings, and ofcourse I will always root for Herlings. But come on, the types of arguments some of you guys have are pathetic

- Tomac showed he has elite speed with his GP wins, he also showed that even elite riders can crack under pressure. I saw it with my own eyes at Red Bud. That wasn't the Tomac at 100%. The entire country was watching him and he already had an entire year of pressure with SX, Outdoors, MXON and MEC the week later.
- Herlings wasn't the Herlings I know either, on friday we walked there and he looked ill, tired and not full of energy. Ofcourse he showed some special things, but I've seen him do the extraordinary in Valkenswaard, Lommel and several Dutch races
- Herlings lost to Forkner and Webb yes, he wasn't 100% there either as he just recovered from a broken collarbone and just won his 3th world title after years of injuries.
- Some of the AMA riders didn't have the results they were expected either. Reasons could be injuries, burnouts, pressure, i don't know but 1 bad race doesn't count for me. If you ride yourself you would've know

Some of the USA guys did really good at GP's and it's a good thing for them. I.e Hampshire got contract extension after that amazing performance. Grant showed his elite speed at Glen Helen (he also did that against Dungey and Roczen)

There are so many external factors many of you guys don't consider. It's all for the moment, for one race, every time on a different track. You just can't compare and just enjoy watching AMA vs GP now and then. Remember when Simpson went to Unadilla and got around 4th? Just amazing to watch. I love both series and won't compare either of them. The only thing I absolutely dislike is the fact that some of these riders don't get the respect they deserve. The unstoppable bashing of who's the GOAT, Cairoli or Carmichael and all that bullshit. They are all legends and should be threated that way. Bunch of kids most of you are Grinning
Great post! Should be the thread ender but it wont Wink
I don't think it could be said any better. There's no way to accuratly compare ama riders to GP riders, and they've each had success against the other at different times on different tracks. The outcome at times can be predicted (in deep sand or supercross style), but on most tracks it can go either way depending on who's "feeling it" or has their set up dialed in the best. The overall skill level of AMA and GP riders is very close and awesome to see. Period.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
3/12/2019 10:23am
Cortami79 wrote:
The talk never stops, jeeeez I love to watch both Tomac and Herlings, and ofcourse I will always root for Herlings. But come on, the types...
The talk never stops, jeeeez

I love to watch both Tomac and Herlings, and ofcourse I will always root for Herlings. But come on, the types of arguments some of you guys have are pathetic

- Tomac showed he has elite speed with his GP wins, he also showed that even elite riders can crack under pressure. I saw it with my own eyes at Red Bud. That wasn't the Tomac at 100%. The entire country was watching him and he already had an entire year of pressure with SX, Outdoors, MXON and MEC the week later.
- Herlings wasn't the Herlings I know either, on friday we walked there and he looked ill, tired and not full of energy. Ofcourse he showed some special things, but I've seen him do the extraordinary in Valkenswaard, Lommel and several Dutch races
- Herlings lost to Forkner and Webb yes, he wasn't 100% there either as he just recovered from a broken collarbone and just won his 3th world title after years of injuries.
- Some of the AMA riders didn't have the results they were expected either. Reasons could be injuries, burnouts, pressure, i don't know but 1 bad race doesn't count for me. If you ride yourself you would've know

Some of the USA guys did really good at GP's and it's a good thing for them. I.e Hampshire got contract extension after that amazing performance. Grant showed his elite speed at Glen Helen (he also did that against Dungey and Roczen)

There are so many external factors many of you guys don't consider. It's all for the moment, for one race, every time on a different track. You just can't compare and just enjoy watching AMA vs GP now and then. Remember when Simpson went to Unadilla and got around 4th? Just amazing to watch. I love both series and won't compare either of them. The only thing I absolutely dislike is the fact that some of these riders don't get the respect they deserve. The unstoppable bashing of who's the GOAT, Cairoli or Carmichael and all that bullshit. They are all legends and should be threated that way. Bunch of kids most of you are Grinning
Great post! Should be the thread ender but it wont Wink
Ranman68 wrote:
I don't think it could be said any better. There's no way to accuratly compare ama riders to GP riders, and they've each had success against...
I don't think it could be said any better. There's no way to accuratly compare ama riders to GP riders, and they've each had success against the other at different times on different tracks. The outcome at times can be predicted (in deep sand or supercross style), but on most tracks it can go either way depending on who's "feeling it" or has their set up dialed in the best. The overall skill level of AMA and GP riders is very close and awesome to see. Period.
Agree... I've repeatedly said they are closer than many guys here would like to think.

ruy
3/12/2019 11:16am

3/12/2019 11:24am
Ranman68 wrote:
I don't think it could be said any better. There's no way to accuratly compare ama riders to GP riders, and they've each had success against...
best would be a series with 6 AMA tracks and 6 MXGP tracks ... but thats never going to happen
3/12/2019 11:30am
Park Boys wrote:
Herlings has finally done something truly amazing. He has displaced James as the biggest lighting rod on Vital. He should get a number 1 plate for...
Herlings has finally done something truly amazing. He has displaced James as the biggest lighting rod on Vital. He should get a number 1 plate for that.
No kidding!

Post a reply to: Jeffrey Herlings to race American MX series?

The Latest