Jeffrey Herlings to race American MX series?

line-up
3/6/2019 9:37am
His team manager was interviewed last Saturday in Argentina (on the TV Live Studio Show) and confirmed that JH will do GP's this year when back from the injury.
3/6/2019 9:47am
line-up wrote:
His team manager was interviewed last Saturday in Argentina (on the TV Live Studio Show) and confirmed that JH will do GP's this year when back...
His team manager was interviewed last Saturday in Argentina (on the TV Live Studio Show) and confirmed that JH will do GP's this year when back from the injury.
Seriously, do you think they would tell the fans he plans on moving to the states? They clearly are hiding it from us.

In other news, AMA and MXGP riders are on the same level because the earth is flat.
3/6/2019 10:13am
Lets argue about AMA MX vs MXGP in a different thread.

Herlings to the US would be amazing to watch.

I hope it happens.
Yes I agree how exciting would the series be if JH confirmed he coming and planned to kick some Ass??? Americans would be ALL in to defend JH from the title. American MX needs JH
3/6/2019 10:30am
Mxracer6y wrote:
Totally agree. I cringe every time I hear this BS about euros being significantly faster, like it won't even be a competition. Everyone says euros have...
Totally agree. I cringe every time I hear this BS about euros being significantly faster, like it won't even be a competition.

Everyone says euros have been faster for YEARS and YEARS

Really?
JOSH GRANT went 1-1 @ MXGP Glen helen 2015 (?) He's incredibly talented but lets be honest is not one of our top guys....
Tomac went 1-1 at the MXGP of Glen helen the next year..... coming from behind catching and passing cairoli like he was an amateur.
Tomac went 1-1 at MXGP of charlotte the same year. Cooper webb caught and passed Herlings in the 250 class... Austin forkner ALSO passed herlings.
Tomac went 1-3 @ the MXGP of Jacksonville in 2017.

So the MXGP guys have been significantly faster for YEARS eh?? yea NOT.

It's funny how people have selective memory.

OH lets not forget Jason Andersons performance at the MXoN of Italy..... in which USA should have and WOULD have won had Anderson not gotten landed on AFTER the race...

Anyone who thinks euros are significantly faster, and have been for years... and are on another level clearly have selective memory, OR the kind that watches one race a year and thinks they are a moto fan...
I had to look it up , even though I was there, Febvre won the overall 2015 @ Glen Helen with a first and a second.
His first race was quite something, he came from some distance back to pass Cooper Webb on the last lap and quite possibly the last corner, but right at the end ( not quite as good as Webb has been doing to Roczen this year)
Grant was 3rd race 1 and 1st race 2

The Shop

3/6/2019 10:39am
Press516 wrote:
It's easy to focus in only on the points someone wants to make... Eli at Glen Helen was 3 seconds a lap faster than all of...
It's easy to focus in only on the points someone wants to make... Eli at Glen Helen was 3 seconds a lap faster than all of the GP guys. Anderson beat the GP guys, including Herlings, at Maggiora before he had even won a single outdoor moto in the US and on a track he had never ridden before. RJ roasted the MX2 guys going 1-1 and he had never even won a moto in US outdoors. Webb handles Herlings at Charlotte. Eli's MXGP record in all MXGP motos is 1-1-1-1-1-3. Looks pretty damn good for the US riders...

But it all balances out with Herlings great ride at Ironman... Right?

I hope someday we can get a better comparison, both sides would win races and it is much closer than most people think. I like Herlings consistency if it happens AND he's 100%.
so to get a better comparison you left out all the other MXON results ? Laughing
only races in USA count for a comparison between US and MXGP riders ? Wink

like I said , selective memory is a problem when you want to compare the 2 series ...

take all Tomac his results he raced against MXGP riders , do same for all other riders

there you go .... who has best results ? go figure
3/6/2019 10:39am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2019 10:55am
Mxracer6y wrote:
Totally agree. I cringe every time I hear this BS about euros being significantly faster, like it won't even be a competition. Everyone says euros have...
Totally agree. I cringe every time I hear this BS about euros being significantly faster, like it won't even be a competition.

Really?
JOSH GRANT went 1-1 @ MXGP Glen helen 2015 (?) He's incredibly talented but lets be honest is not one of our top guys....
Tomac went 1-1 at the MXGP of Glen helen the next year..... coming from behind catching and passing cairoli like he was an amateur.
Tomac went 1-1 at MXGP of charlotte the same year. Cooper webb caught and passed Herlings in the 250 class... Austin forkner ALSO passed herlings.

OH lets not forget Jason Andersons performance at the MXoN of Italy..... in which USA should have and WOULD have won had Anderson not gotten landed on AFTER the race...

Anyone who thinks euros are significantly faster, and have been for years... and are on another level clearly have selective memory, OR the kind that watches one race a year and thinks they are a moto fan...
Speaking of selective memory ...

• Josh Grant went 3-1 at Glen Helen in 2015, not 1-1. (Romain Febvre went 1-2 and won the overall.)

• Forkner never passed Herlings at Charlotte.

• Herlings went 1-1 the following week at Glen Helen, easily beating Forkner (and Jermey Martin, who looked good in his Honda debut).

• Two weeks after that, Herlings beat Webb at the MXoN (both on 450s).

Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
3/6/2019 10:44am
Herlings has finally done something truly amazing. He has displaced James as the biggest lighting rod on Vital. He should get a number 1 plate for that.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
3/6/2019 11:24am
Press516 wrote:
It's easy to focus in only on the points someone wants to make... Eli at Glen Helen was 3 seconds a lap faster than all of...
It's easy to focus in only on the points someone wants to make... Eli at Glen Helen was 3 seconds a lap faster than all of the GP guys. Anderson beat the GP guys, including Herlings, at Maggiora before he had even won a single outdoor moto in the US and on a track he had never ridden before. RJ roasted the MX2 guys going 1-1 and he had never even won a moto in US outdoors. Webb handles Herlings at Charlotte. Eli's MXGP record in all MXGP motos is 1-1-1-1-1-3. Looks pretty damn good for the US riders...

I hope someday we can get a better comparison, both sides would win races and it is much closer than most people think. I like Herlings consistency if it happens AND he's 100%.
so to get a better comparison you left out all the other MXON results ? :laugh: only races in USA count for a comparison between US...
so to get a better comparison you left out all the other MXON results ? Laughing

like I said , selective memory is a problem when you want to compare the 2 series ...

take all Tomac his results he raced against MXGP riders , do same for all other riders

ROFL... My post wasn't that difficult to understand.

No need to be butt hurt, Jeffrey's nuts will still be there for you to ride when he heals up.
Shawn142
3/6/2019 11:41am
line-up wrote:
His team manager was interviewed last Saturday in Argentina (on the TV Live Studio Show) and confirmed that JH will do GP's this year when back...
Sheriff245 wrote:
Seriously, do you think they would tell the fans he plans on moving to the states? They clearly are hiding it from us. In other news...
Seriously, do you think they would tell the fans he plans on moving to the states? They clearly are hiding it from us.

In other news, AMA and MXGP riders are on the same level because the earth is flat.
The man won almost every round last year, I think he missed the overall twice? In the end he won the championship by over 150 points. A guy capable of a run like that could miss a handful of races and still have a shot at the title. I would say the US is a backup plan at best, but most likely just a rumor.
3/6/2019 12:26pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2019 12:29pm
Press516 wrote:

so to get a better comparison you left out all the other MXON results ? :laugh: only races in USA count for a comparison between US...

Press516 wrote:
ROFL... My post wasn't that difficult to understand. No need to be butt hurt, Jeffrey's nuts will still be there for you to ride when he...

No need to be butt hurt, Jeffrey's nuts will still be there for you to ride when he heals up.
seems like the butthurt in this is all yours ...

its not about Herlings, you named his ride at iron man as the equaizer
i didnt mention Herlings in my post , so dont go there .

throw in the other riders if you want a better comparison . Herlings numbers speak for itself , none of current have a better record in races started and finished in MXOn and USGP combined

so lets put Paulin,Cairoli,Febvre,Musquin etc in to that comparison
i mean Tomac beat Paulin at every USGP , but Paulin beat Tomac at MXON how many times ? that gives a better view as to just take results on US tracks and only USGP's ...there was a reason USA didnt win MXON for that many years , it wasnt because they won all those moto's ...

so if you want to compare , take all results and not the ones that suit your outcome ..
Press516
Fantasy
90th
3/6/2019 1:25pm

Press516 wrote:
ROFL... My post wasn't that difficult to understand. No need to be butt hurt, Jeffrey's nuts will still be there for you to ride when he...

seems like the butthurt in this is all yours ... its not about Herlings, you named his ride at iron man as the equaizer i didnt...

throw in the other riders if you want a better comparison . Herlings numbers speak for itself , none of current have a better record in races started and finished in MXOn and USGP combined

i mean Tomac beat Paulin at every USGP , but Paulin beat Tomac at MXON how many times ? that gives a better view as to just take results on US tracks and only USGP's ...there was a reason USA didnt win MXON for that many years , it wasnt because they won all those moto's ...

so if you want to compare , take all results and not the ones that suit your outcome ..
ROFL... Just stop.

Here... I'll explain. First sentence... "It's easy to focus in only on the points someone wants to make". I was giving an example of what it looks like when someone leans heavily only on the positive results of the AMA riders and minimizing the results of the GP riders. I see it daily both ways...

Then in the middle, I said "both sides would win races and it is much closer than most people think". Followed by my opinion the Jeffrey would come out ahead due to his consistency, but only if he starts at 100%. He's not coming from behind in points in the AMA like he can in MXGP.

It wasn't rocket science... I thought you were smarter than that.
downard254
3/6/2019 2:22pm
I’d love to see Herlings come over here. I for sure would make the trip to Hi Point, and maybe even Ironman this year. I don’t think over the full season that there would be any “schooling” by any one rider. I believe we would have a good season long duel. The top guys from both sides of the pond are all fast, some more so on any given day. I would also like to see a top US rider give it a go at the GP’s that really wanted to be there, I don’t think RV’s heart was really in it when he went, but that was understandable.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
3/6/2019 2:51pm
All you clueless nuthuggers and hangers on better hope and pray he doesn't race here. Cause if he does y'all getting schooled.
Mxracer6y wrote:
who are you calling a nut hugger? because It sounds like you're choking on Herlings balls...Oh the irony of calling other people nuthuggers while you have...
who are you calling a nut hugger? because It sounds like you're choking on Herlings balls...Oh the irony of calling other people nuthuggers while you have another mans balls in your mouth.... and the irony of calling people clueless, all while being totally clueless that you are actually describing yourself ...choking on a set of balls

and personally I cant wait until he does. So it will shut everyone up with the "USA is better" "NO GP IS BETTER" "NO USA IS BETTER"

It will be nothing but great racing. Period. Herlings isn't going to run away with ANYTHING. and Neither is Tomac. No one is schooling anyone. period.

If herlings couldn't gap musquin at iron man, than he sure as shit isn't beating tomac on a regular basis. (I have NBC gold and JUST rewatched ironman.... Musquin set the fastest lap of anyone all day, and that was in the first moto chasing Herlings, in which he closed the gap to nothing, but just couldn't get the pass done.

It was also on a borrowed bike with almost no prep in his rookie season. He also ran Musquin down in the 2nd moto.
It helped marv crashed.

Whistling
St Ann More
3/6/2019 3:13pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2019 3:15pm
Mxracer6y wrote:

Really?

Speaking of selective memory ... • Josh Grant went 3-1 at Glen Helen in 2015, not 1-1. (Romain Febvre went 1-2 and won the overall.) •...

• Josh Grant went 3-1 at Glen Helen in 2015, not 1-1. (Romain Febvre went 1-2 and won the overall.)

• Herlings went 1-1 the following week at Glen Helen, easily beating Forkner (and Jermey Martin, who looked good in his Honda debut).

Tomac catching and passing Cairoli like an amateur at Glen Helen?

The same Cairoli that finished 13th-15th overall the weekend before in Charlotte and was nearly beaten by Nicoletti in one of the motos.

Tomac beat Cairoli in 2016, but a Cairoli that'd barely won more than a handful of GP's in two years!

Ranman68
3/6/2019 3:56pm
In the GP vs AMA argument, I think there are plenty of cases for anyone to declare "their" riders are better. The results in various events in recent years clearly shows that it can go either way depending on the track, which riders are involved, and luck (good or bad). It's very close overall.
Herlings and Tomac both have thrown out some jabs and/or replies to things said in the ama vs mxgp/Herlings vs Tomac talk. They're both badasses with egos, so its natural. One thing I have to say though, is that I really respect things Herlings said when vital contacted him to let him know he won the rider of the year award. The dude seemed to go out of his way to emphasise that he spends all of his time training for outdoor motocross where American riders only spend part of their time training for outdoor motocross with majority of it on supercross. That's a reality that plays a part in things. Herlings didn't have to aknowlege that. He just chose to. I respect that. Before that interview with him I didn't like the guy no matter how good he is. Now I have a new found respect. Yeah hes still cocky, but they all are. His words were honorable though, so I just can't hate ole' Jeffrey and I hope to see him in the ama series. I think it would be epic, but I don't think Tomac can handle him. Not over a series. In some races along the way.....sure, but not in enough of them to stop Herlings. It's all a guess, but that's my guess.
Mxracer6y
3/6/2019 5:16pm
Speaking of selective memory ... • Josh Grant went 3-1 at Glen Helen in 2015, not 1-1. (Romain Febvre went 1-2 and won the overall.) •...

My apologies you're right. He did go 3-1... But then again josh grant is and was never a top guy.... My point still stands.

You're right, Forkner never passed Herlings at Charlotte. He holeshotted with Herlings right behind him, and walked away from Herlings... even better.... My point still stands. I had it backwards... it was Webb who passed Herlings and then forkner...

You bring up the following week @ glen helen... I guess i should've mentioned this was Forkners ROOKIE year, and Herlings 4th year, 5th year????? not positive.

and the two weeks after that ? Does it matter that Herlings beat webb, when Jason Anderson beat herlings???? and everyone else.

All of my points are still relevant, even if some of the specifics weren't exact.

Mxracer6y
3/6/2019 5:21pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2019 5:22pm

No, but GP races in the USA are the only time the top guys from both series compete.

You're going to mention MXoN when team USA has sent a B squad for the last how many years??? For christs sakes Jason Anderson schooled everyone at maggiora before getting landed on after winning the race. Team USA would have ran away with the win if he hadn't been taken out..AFTER winning.

You have no ground to stand on.

Take all of tomacs results at the GP's ?? OK. 1-1 1-1 1-3 Done. Any other points you want to prove for me?

either way, my point is not to argue that USA/AMA is faster or better. But to argue that NEITHER AMA or GP guys are faster. Some days will go to Herlings, Some will go to Tomac. No other way to shake it.
Mxracer6y
3/6/2019 5:25pm
Press516 wrote:

I could not have put it any better. Finally someone with common sense.

I get soooooooooooooooooooo tired of hearing how much better and faster GP guys are, when it is simply not true, not by any means. at all. The last handful of times we've met.... US guys have come out on top in all but 2 races. Ironman of 2017.... and then MXdN of redbud was a disaster.....

Point that I've been making is: Neither one is really faster than the other consistently.... There will be races where Eli will dominate, and races where Herlings will dominate.... But one thing for SURE is that it will be one of the most amazing seasons of motocross we will ever witness..... Second to 2006 and 2007 with JS7 and RC4(some of the best races EVER)
Mxracer6y
3/6/2019 5:37pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2019 5:38pm
seems like the butthurt in this is all yours ... its not about Herlings, you named his ride at iron man as the equaizer i didnt...

USA hasnt won MXoN because we had been sending B squad for a while now.... And the B squad STILL almost won at maggiora had it not been for Anderson getting landed on after winning...

We just missed out winning in 2015 as well.

2015 Motocross of Nations Team Results
1. Team France, 14 points
2. Team USA, 16 points
3. Team Belgium, 56 points

That was with barcia, webb, and martin. Barcia won the first moto, cooper webb fell the second moto and got second, and barcia was 3rd in the 3rd moto.

So we barely missed out in 2015, barely missed out 2016 due to ando getting landed on.... and 2017 we sent cole seely, thomas covington, and osborne..... seely's shock broke in BOTH moto's.... zach osborne went 10-3, and covington was doodoo

Like What are you trying to prove by bringing up MXoN? That even our B squad guys almost win??
3/6/2019 11:56pm
The fact is not that euros in general are faster than USA. Everybody knows that Tomac is probably a better rider than, let's say, Paulin or Desalle. The fact is that the fastest euro rider in 2018 was better than the best US guy. Other than that, pros are all close to each others in terms of speeds and stuff.
3/7/2019 12:16am
Mxracer6y wrote:
who are you calling a nut hugger? because It sounds like you're choking on Herlings balls...Oh the irony of calling other people nuthuggers while you have...
who are you calling a nut hugger? because It sounds like you're choking on Herlings balls...Oh the irony of calling other people nuthuggers while you have another mans balls in your mouth.... and the irony of calling people clueless, all while being totally clueless that you are actually describing yourself ...choking on a set of balls

and personally I cant wait until he does. So it will shut everyone up with the "USA is better" "NO GP IS BETTER" "NO USA IS BETTER"

It will be nothing but great racing. Period. Herlings isn't going to run away with ANYTHING. and Neither is Tomac. No one is schooling anyone. period.

If herlings couldn't gap musquin at iron man, than he sure as shit isn't beating tomac on a regular basis. (I have NBC gold and JUST rewatched ironman.... Musquin set the fastest lap of anyone all day, and that was in the first moto chasing Herlings, in which he closed the gap to nothing, but just couldn't get the pass done.

It was also on a borrowed bike with almost no prep in his rookie season. He also ran Musquin down in the 2nd moto.
mx 219 wrote:
It helped marv crashed.

Whistling
Crashing on the last lap > crashing in the first corner
3/7/2019 12:31am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2019 12:50am

Mxracer6y wrote:
USA hasnt won MXoN because we had been sending B squad for a while now.... And the B squad STILL almost won at maggiora had it...
USA hasnt won MXoN because we had been sending B squad for a while now.... And the B squad STILL almost won at maggiora had it not been for Anderson getting landed on after winning...

We just missed out winning in 2015 as well.

2015 Motocross of Nations Team Results
1. Team France, 14 points
2. Team USA, 16 points
3. Team Belgium, 56 points

That was with barcia, webb, and martin. Barcia won the first moto, cooper webb fell the second moto and got second, and barcia was 3rd in the 3rd moto.

So we barely missed out in 2015, barely missed out 2016 due to ando getting landed on.... and 2017 we sent cole seely, thomas covington, and osborne..... seely's shock broke in BOTH moto's.... zach osborne went 10-3, and covington was doodoo

Like What are you trying to prove by bringing up MXoN? That even our B squad guys almost win??
no point arquing a true Vitard LaughingLaughingLaughing

and i dont care who is better or what but if you compare results of races from riders you should take all results , and not just the ones that suit your best outcome

just take the results of your so called A members , i dont care if USA won or lost ...its not about the team , we are talking about the riders here ... too complicated for you with your selective memory ??

so look at Tomac , Dungey and Barcia results in MXON on eurotracks ...

for Tomac 1-1 1-1 1-3 and done you said like these are only results from Tomac against MXGP riders ??

hahaha really ... lets put some results from his euro track races and MXON in there and it looks like 16 -2-6-3 and REdbud was 4-7 . Looks a lot less impressive dont ya think ?

its not that difficult , just open that selective memory ...

you said Grant won the USGP .... LaughingLaughing good one
Cortami79
3/7/2019 3:44am
The talk never stops, jeeeez

I love to watch both Tomac and Herlings, and ofcourse I will always root for Herlings. But come on, the types of arguments some of you guys have are pathetic

- Tomac showed he has elite speed with his GP wins, he also showed that even elite riders can crack under pressure. I saw it with my own eyes at Red Bud. That wasn't the Tomac at 100%. The entire country was watching him and he already had an entire year of pressure with SX, Outdoors, MXON and MEC the week later.
- Herlings wasn't the Herlings I know either, on friday we walked there and he looked ill, tired and not full of energy. Ofcourse he showed some special things, but I've seen him do the extraordinary in Valkenswaard, Lommel and several Dutch races
- Herlings lost to Forkner and Webb yes, he wasn't 100% there either as he just recovered from a broken collarbone and just won his 3th world title after years of injuries.
- Some of the AMA riders didn't have the results they were expected either. Reasons could be injuries, burnouts, pressure, i don't know but 1 bad race doesn't count for me. If you ride yourself you would've know

Some of the USA guys did really good at GP's and it's a good thing for them. I.e Hampshire got contract extension after that amazing performance. Grant showed his elite speed at Glen Helen (he also did that against Dungey and Roczen)

There are so many external factors many of you guys don't consider. It's all for the moment, for one race, every time on a different track. You just can't compare and just enjoy watching AMA vs GP now and then. Remember when Simpson went to Unadilla and got around 4th? Just amazing to watch. I love both series and won't compare either of them. The only thing I absolutely dislike is the fact that some of these riders don't get the respect they deserve. The unstoppable bashing of who's the GOAT, Cairoli or Carmichael and all that bullshit. They are all legends and should be threated that way. Bunch of kids most of you are Grinning
ajv#26
3/7/2019 4:23am
This dick measure contest...Sick
We live in a era of greats: RC4, SE72, AC222, JS7, JH84, ET3 and many others, we are lucky to see these guys racing live!!
motomike137
3/7/2019 4:24am
Cortami79 wrote:
The talk never stops, jeeeez I love to watch both Tomac and Herlings, and ofcourse I will always root for Herlings. But come on, the types...

I love to watch both Tomac and Herlings, and ofcourse I will always root for Herlings. But come on, the types of arguments some of you guys have are pathetic

- Tomac showed he has elite speed with his GP wins, he also showed that even elite riders can crack under pressure. I saw it with my own eyes at Red Bud. That wasn't the Tomac at 100%. The entire country was watching him and he already had an entire year of pressure with SX, Outdoors, MXON and MEC the week later.
- Herlings wasn't the Herlings I know either, on friday we walked there and he looked ill, tired and not full of energy. Ofcourse he showed some special things, but I've seen him do the extraordinary in Valkenswaard, Lommel and several Dutch races
- Herlings lost to Forkner and Webb yes, he wasn't 100% there either as he just recovered from a broken collarbone and just won his 3th world title after years of injuries.
- Some of the AMA riders didn't have the results they were expected either. Reasons could be injuries, burnouts, pressure, i don't know but 1 bad race doesn't count for me. If you ride yourself you would've know

Some of the USA guys did really good at GP's and it's a good thing for them. I.e Hampshire got contract extension after that amazing performance. Grant showed his elite speed at Glen Helen (he also did that against Dungey and Roczen)

There are so many external factors many of you guys don't consider. It's all for the moment, for one race, every time on a different track. You just can't compare and just enjoy watching AMA vs GP now and then. Remember when Simpson went to Unadilla and got around 4th? Just amazing to watch. I love both series and won't compare either of them. The only thing I absolutely dislike is the fact that some of these riders don't get the respect they deserve. The unstoppable bashing of who's the GOAT, Cairoli or Carmichael and all that bullshit. They are all legends and should be threated that way. Bunch of kids most of you are Grinning
Great post! Should be the thread ender but it wont Wink
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
3/7/2019 4:32am
Cortami79 wrote:
The talk never stops, jeeeez I love to watch both Tomac and Herlings, and ofcourse I will always root for Herlings. But come on, the types...

It is nothing more to say. Great post.
BWRAAP
3/11/2019 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2019 12:25pm
Judgement day. Any news?
On a local news site in The Netherlands they stated that he needs to recover till the end of april.. At least that's the expectation..

There was also a small video, he said he rather race for a title then day-victories, so racing the AMA is a option.

Ah to late.. Motofinne dropped the link there is also that video

Post a reply to: Jeffrey Herlings to race American MX series?

The Latest