Jeffrey Herlings "I promised the team I won't go for the win..."

ML512
Fantasy
45th
Fairly lighthearted interview from Jeffrey Herlings after this weekend's Indonesia MXGP.

https://www.vitalmx.com/photos/features/Winners-Circle-Jeffrey-Herlings…

|
keinz
7/1/2018 10:27am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 10:30am
But the beast inside took overLaughing
7/1/2018 10:31am
It’s not gonna happen but I would love to see him do the nationals one year
Frank
7/1/2018 10:45am
He raced the National in Indiana last year. He won.
omalley
7/1/2018 10:51am
Frank wrote:
Opened up a can of whoop-ass would be a better description...

The Shop

7/1/2018 11:09am
Unbelievable drama at the end!!! Still haven't heard Cairoli's side of what happened.. Phew.. Wow..
Excaliburbmx
7/1/2018 11:11am
Frank wrote:
One race wonder
Frank
7/1/2018 11:18am
Frank wrote:
One race wonder
And then beat Tomac again the following weekend in Florida for the 2nd time in 2 weeks so there's that. lol
7/1/2018 11:19am
Whoopie he won one race at the end of the mx season. If he did a whole season I'd have much more respect but for me it's a two way street like to see top guys from both series do both.
cbuehler767
7/1/2018 11:35am
Whoopie he won one race at the end of the mx season. If he did a whole season I'd have much more respect but for me...
Whoopie he won one race at the end of the mx season. If he did a whole season I'd have much more respect but for me it's a two way street like to see top guys from both series do both.
Least he had the balls to come do a race here. You see anyone from the Nationals doing that? Doesn't take an expert to see JH is just on another level. Because he doesn't race the Nationals fans here can't give him credit though. How about jus appreciating we are seeing someone special right now. Same goes for MXGP fans Tomac is on top of his game too. JH is the only one who could hang with him
Bidirella
7/1/2018 11:39am
Why is every thread turning into a GP vs AMA thing? Jeeez Guys, respect and love both series! Who cares who is faster, 2 different worlds!!

Cheers
adjentleman
Fantasy
958th
7/1/2018 11:53am
Whoopie he won one race at the end of the mx season. If he did a whole season I'd have much more respect but for me...
Pure ignorance. JH is a very talented rider and there is no way around it. To come to the US and give our guys a run for their money not once, but twice shows the kid has speed. Get your head outta your ass.
Frank
7/1/2018 12:33pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 12:34pm
To your point the last time I checked 2 GP riders from France doing the entire us series won both overalls in the us nationals this week. It was not luck. It was not a 1 off mud race. Tomac made mistakes and deserved to lose. That's racing.

I don't understand why people from the usa can't admit our best are not the best in the world in our sport.

Who cares who wins? Enjoy the racing and be thankful for the efforts of all involved regardless what country they were born.

BMSOBx2
7/1/2018 1:50pm
Herlings did exactly what he needed to do. Riding hurt and pulls off the overall. Good job.
7/1/2018 1:52pm
Frank wrote:
And then beat Tomac again the following weekend in Florida for the 2nd time in 2 weeks so there's that. lol
Right after Tomac won the first moto. Don't pay any attention to that, though. Can't they both be good?
SwingHard
7/1/2018 2:38pm
Frank wrote:
To your point the last time I checked 2 GP riders from France doing the entire us series won both overalls in the us nationals this...
To your point the last time I checked 2 GP riders from France doing the entire us series won both overalls in the us nationals this week. It was not luck. It was not a 1 off mud race. Tomac made mistakes and deserved to lose. That's racing.

I don't understand why people from the usa can't admit our best are not the best in the world in our sport.

Who cares who wins? Enjoy the racing and be thankful for the efforts of all involved regardless what country they were born.

And to your point. Musquin won the overall yesterday,for the 5th overall of his "career"in the 450 class. Matching the number of overalls Tomac has this season!
adjentleman
Fantasy
958th
7/1/2018 2:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 2:59pm
Frank wrote:
To your point the last time I checked 2 GP riders from France doing the entire us series won both overalls in the us nationals this...

SwingHard wrote:
And to your point. Musquin won the overall yesterday,for the 5th overall of his "career"in the 450 class. Matching the number of overalls Tomac has this...
And to your point. Musquin won the overall yesterday,for the 5th overall of his "career"in the 450 class. Matching the number of overalls Tomac has this season!
5 more than most people in the series. This isnt a pissing contest. They're both fast, both have completely different riding styles and come from completely different backgrounds. But they share one thing.. the love for our sport. I bet they'd both laugh reading the petty shit said on this forum sometimes.
ocscottie
7/1/2018 3:46pm
Im watching the race now, his corner entry speed is amazing, hell his speed everywhere is!! Just needs to stay healthy more often.
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
7/1/2018 7:28pm
Cairoli is done, the pressure is getting to the man. He will retire at 9 championhips, no way he can beat a healthy herlings.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
7/1/2018 9:57pm
It would be so badass to have Eli, Roczen and Marvin racing the GP’s with AC and Herlings
jemcee
7/1/2018 11:33pm
ocscottie wrote:
Im watching the race now, his corner entry speed is amazing, hell his speed everywhere is!! Just needs to stay healthy more often.
The speed he carries while getting into ruts is incredible (Cairoli too) I would love to know how his average speed in a lap compares to others..
IWreckALot
7/3/2018 5:05am
Where is MXGeoff when you need him. Oh wait, he's never needed. Carry on.
tingo
7/3/2018 6:35am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2018 6:36am
Frank wrote:

Who cares who wins? To put it Frankly, Frank posted three times about who won and steered the conversation into another JH/MXGP vs ET thread when it didn’t need to be. Frank cares.
mirramaxx
7/3/2018 2:13pm
Id love to see him ride supercross or at least mec ! Dude has insane bike skills would love to see him race live sometime.
7/3/2018 2:16pm
Right after Tomac won the first moto. Don't pay any attention to that, though. Can't they both be good?
Nope, only one can be good, everyone else is crap....havent you been paying attention?
cbuehler767
7/3/2018 3:27pm
mirramaxx wrote:
Id love to see him ride supercross or at least mec ! Dude has insane bike skills would love to see him race live sometime.
I have no interest in seeing him on a SX track. We have all see him outdoors and its jaw dropping insane. To see him doing a lesser discipline who can double triple quad the best that is SX just why?

Post a reply to: Jeffrey Herlings "I promised the team I won't go for the win..."

The Latest