Jeffrey Herlings - Heading to Southwick?

SethGator
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:52pm
Hopefully it will happen...would be sweet to see two factory KTMs vs. Pro Circuit

http://www.mxlarge.com/interview/5368-jeffrey-herlings-interview-heading-to-southwick

|
TDeath21
8/1/2011 10:33am
It would be great to see. It'd be pretty awesome to see someone else that can challenge the big 3 from Pro Circuit.
mccread
8/1/2011 10:42am
Musquin, Herlings, Rattray and Wilson, v the Americans in American sand... should be good!
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
8/1/2011 10:45am
Everts said in his Matthes Lommel interview he doesn't want him to go.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
8/1/2011 10:46am
Roczen should come with him to get some experience for next year!

The Shop

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
8/1/2011 10:47am
Roczen got all the experience he needed here this past spring.
chrisbuehler
8/1/2011 10:51am
From what Davey Coombs says, he will whip anyone we got in the sand. Premier class included
Hanaa80
8/1/2011 10:55am
Should pretty much be the end of the discussion.
SethGator
8/1/2011 10:57am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Roczen should come with him to get some experience for next year!
that would be something...even it up a little.

Ken Roczen vs. Dean Wilson
Jeffrey Herlings vs. Blake Baggett
Marvin Musquin vs. Tyla Rattray
mccread
8/1/2011 11:04am
From what Davey Coombs says, he will whip anyone we got in the sand. Premier class included
In Holland.. yes. In the US? not sure but he would be close to the win/podium in either class even on his 250f.
Neutra
8/1/2011 11:06am
If he's in the title hunt I doubt KTM will let him go.
8/1/2011 11:15am
I always saw Herlings as an insurance policy in case Roczen found a way to lose the title. Not because he's slow but because Lierop and Mantova were taken off. More hard pack favored Roczen. If only Roczen and Herlings are mathamatically in the title hunt come Southwick I see him coming. The MX2 title would be guarenteed at that point.
mccread
8/1/2011 12:25pm
I always saw Herlings as an insurance policy in case Roczen found a way to lose the title. Not because he's slow but because Lierop and...
I always saw Herlings as an insurance policy in case Roczen found a way to lose the title. Not because he's slow but because Lierop and Mantova were taken off. More hard pack favored Roczen. If only Roczen and Herlings are mathamatically in the title hunt come Southwick I see him coming. The MX2 title would be guarenteed at that point.
yep if those tracks where still on and Gaildorf wan't there, Herlings very easily could have been champ this year! He is still pretty close as it is and there have been a lot of very hard pack tracks this year.
moto282
8/1/2011 12:35pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2011 12:36pm
mccread wrote:
Musquin, Herlings, Rattray and Wilson, v the Americans in American sand... should be good!
Your spin on stuff is pretty funny. I like how its Americans vs the world instead of AMA vs GP. Classic.

Southwick will be awesome. Hope Herlings does come.
MXMattii
8/1/2011 1:53pm
mccread wrote:
In Holland.. yes. In the US? not sure but he would be close to the win/podium in either class even on his 250f.
Saw him in Valkenswaard and now again in Lommel. Both times he is riding faster lap times in the second heat as 450 riders in the first heat. That kid is amazing on sand and if he stays developing like he is now he will be amazing on hardpack in a short time too!
peelout
8/1/2011 2:02pm
Herlings and Roczen will school our fastest 250 guys in the sand. no doubt.

next years MXdN should be interesting
kardy
8/1/2011 2:11pm
Yea but Southwick "sand" is nothing like Lommel, etc. sand so methinks his huge sand expertise advantage wouldn't be so significant.
MXMattii
8/1/2011 2:18pm
kardy wrote:
Yea but Southwick "sand" is nothing like Lommel, etc. sand so methinks his huge sand expertise advantage wouldn't be so significant.
That kid would even beat the Americans on hardpack ... So don't worry WhistlingWoohoo
kardy
8/1/2011 2:24pm
MXMattii wrote:
That kid would even beat the Americans on hardpack ... So don't worry WhistlingWoohoo
Right.

Cute emoticons, btw.
8/1/2011 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2011 3:37pm
Southwick might not be deep like Lommel but those who had the chance to watch last year at Mantova in Italy know it's not just the deep stuff he's fast in. He almost won his first moto there had it not been for letting Musquin get in to his head at the end of the race (The kid was 15... his fitness wasn't what it is a year later either). He rode behind himself instead of in front. Ever since he's been unstoppable in anything that has a sandy base it seems.
machine
8/1/2011 3:37pm
I just want someone to win besides the PC wrecking crew, even if it's Europeans that do it, i'll be cheering them on.
Motoxtombo
8/1/2011 5:38pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2011 9:01pm
kardy wrote:
X2 ,Southwick was a real sand track back when I started racing there in the late 70's ,Not quite Lommel sand whoops but it was close back then.Over the years the good sand washed away and what was left is pulverized sand compaired to what it was like years ago.Plus alot of other soils have been trucked in, including some rocky soil.Thats why it doesn't drain too well anymore.In the old days it could rain all day and the track would get better.Now it just turns to muck. LOL It's still my favorite track, but my favorite line I say about Southwick is "Southwick is a shadow of its former self" Don't be mad at me Ralph and Diane for saying that. Smile Also I like it better going the other direction
TDeath21
8/1/2011 9:52pm
If Herlings comes and races Southwick, there is only one thing I am POSITIVE about... If he wins, the Europeans will say the GP series is better than the AMA series. If he loses, the Americans will say the AMA series is better than the GP series. That is fact that nobody can deny.
PressPassP
8/1/2011 10:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2011 2:03am
Herlings is probably keen,the kid probably wants to go to prove just how good he really is (Roczen really did give it everything at Lommel) but while it would be awesome to see it,I don't know if I really think either him or KR should go and risk anything at this stage in the series to be honest,their contract is in GPs and that's why Events wants them showing at every GP round
8/2/2011 4:01am
kardy wrote:
Motoxtombo wrote:
X2 ,Southwick was a real sand track back when I started racing there in the late 70's ,Not quite Lommel sand whoops but it was close...
X2 ,Southwick was a real sand track back when I started racing there in the late 70's ,Not quite Lommel sand whoops but it was close back then.Over the years the good sand washed away and what was left is pulverized sand compaired to what it was like years ago.Plus alot of other soils have been trucked in, including some rocky soil.Thats why it doesn't drain too well anymore.In the old days it could rain all day and the track would get better.Now it just turns to muck. LOL It's still my favorite track, but my favorite line I say about Southwick is "Southwick is a shadow of its former self" Don't be mad at me Ralph and Diane for saying that. Smile Also I like it better going the other direction
It rained 3 inches the day before I rode there last, and this was at the start of the season when it was still rather cold.

And rocky soil? Are you kidding me?

It may not be a bottomless pit of sand like some tracks are, but it's still a sand track and the same techniques that let you go fast on a sand track work at southwick.
8/2/2011 4:13am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2011 4:18am
TDeath21 wrote:
If Herlings comes and races Southwick, there is only one thing I am POSITIVE about... If he wins, the Europeans will say the GP series is...
If Herlings comes and races Southwick, there is only one thing I am POSITIVE about... If he wins, the Europeans will say the GP series is better than the AMA series. If he loses, the Americans will say the AMA series is better than the GP series. That is fact that nobody can deny.
you're probably right!!!!! Laughing

whether or not its as deep as lommel etc is irrelevant really- its still a sand track (even if its not bottomless sand)-same basic techniques will be needed- herlings will be very fast there. DC knows a thing or 2 about motocross and he seems to rate jeffreys chances if he goes to southwick- thats if he turns up though, and by the sounds of it everts doesnt want him to go (theyve got a championship to think about- hence why cairoli wont go either!)

be cool if he did race there tho!
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
8/2/2011 5:44am
Thats cool! Can't wait to see how it shakes out. I'm having more and more respect for the Euros. They travel across the pond to race when they don't have to. But our riders won't ride when it's in their back door!!! Actually I give Alessi props if he had been 100% I bet he wouldve raced the USGP.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
8/2/2011 8:01am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2011 8:02am
PressPassP wrote:
Herlings is probably keen,the kid probably wants to go to prove just how good he really is (Roczen really did give it everything at Lommel) but...
Herlings is probably keen,the kid probably wants to go to prove just how good he really is (Roczen really did give it everything at Lommel) but while it would be awesome to see it,I don't know if I really think either him or KR should go and risk anything at this stage in the series to be honest,their contract is in GPs and that's why Events wants them showing at every GP round
I agree, and it's his employer's choice and his employer's priorities that govern.

Which is exactly why the US guys did not race the GP here; but they were cowards, or lacking honor and pride or money grubbers, or any number of other insults.

Sometimes things that would be cool in a perfect world don't work out, and that doesn't mean it's a wrong or bad decision.

If Southwick is in fact beaten down, maybe it needs a good ripping to churn it up again. Cairoli mentioned they do it at Lommel for the GPs.
8/2/2011 8:06am
Madmax31 wrote:
Thats cool! Can't wait to see how it shakes out. I'm having more and more respect for the Euros. They travel across the pond to race...
Thats cool! Can't wait to see how it shakes out. I'm having more and more respect for the Euros. They travel across the pond to race when they don't have to. But our riders won't ride when it's in their back door!!! Actually I give Alessi props if he had been 100% I bet he wouldve raced the USGP.
i saw some where on the internet that someone from america, cant remember who it was but basically he was saying that all the american pros didnt go to the USGP becuase there wasnt enough money in it for them, but i also heard there was a big bonus if an american won it overall ! so why did no americans show up? affriad of getting beat on their home soil? but they could of used it as a practise race and do some testing ??

i saw a few weeks ago that there isnt going to be a USGP next year becuase not enough americans will enter in and do the race, its pretty stupid considering that europeans go over to do races out in america but when theres a G.P on in their own country no americans show up to race it.......they should just go out and have fun and ride their bikes, isnt that what motocross is about? :L
8/2/2011 8:09am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2011 8:14am
I agree, and it's his employer's choice and his employer's priorities that govern. Which is exactly why the US guys did not race the GP here...
I agree, and it's his employer's choice and his employer's priorities that govern.

Which is exactly why the US guys did not race the GP here; but they were cowards, or lacking honor and pride or money grubbers, or any number of other insults.

Sometimes things that would be cool in a perfect world don't work out, and that doesn't mean it's a wrong or bad decision.

If Southwick is in fact beaten down, maybe it needs a good ripping to churn it up again. Cairoli mentioned they do it at Lommel for the GPs.
If we had a National in The Netherlands I'd be willing to take your bet that De Reuver and Herlings would'nt show up.
Same can be said for Belgium or France... or anywhere in the UK.
They would show if we were in THEIR country racing a series they were not apart of. Maybe not the 3 KTM studs but just about everyone else would have the national pride (and condolences from their team) to do so.

**Most of the teams over there are very proud of their nationality though. Sponsors as well.
8/2/2011 8:12am
I hope he comes over and races the 'Wick. I welcome any Euro rider who wants to come over here, as long as they dont pull a Pourcel.

Post a reply to: Jeffrey Herlings - Heading to Southwick?

The Latest