Jeffrey Herlings

3/3/2020 3:38am
the was total BS to me, felt more like a crybaby excuse that he got his ass handed to him 2nd moto. I hope Gajser lays the smack down this year!
ATKpilot99
3/3/2020 3:53am
He looked like he struggled with the ruts even almost coming off the bike at one point in the second moto. Still he's got the red plate.
Aryen
3/3/2020 4:03am
GB was slippery and sketchy. Huge risk to throw it all away. This weekend it’s Valkenswaard. What do you guys think is gonna happen?
Renner153
Fantasy
3544th
3/3/2020 4:11am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2020 4:11am
While I think that is a smart approach from Herlings, but, let TIGA win a few more motos by 20+ seconds and then see how that method is working. The mental game is a big thing in this sport. Tiga gains a ton of confidence, Herlings loses some, next thing you know, Tiga is the one to beat. Personally, I think Jeffrey is tired of being hurt and winning isnt as important as just being healthy anymore. I could see Tiga winning this title this year with Herlings and Cairoli being at every round.

The Shop

roninho
3/3/2020 4:45am
I think you have a valid point Renner153. Having said that losing 9 points to Herlings, finishing 7th in moto 1 and falling twice (including a hard getoff) might have an impact on confidence as well.
Wouterb
3/3/2020 4:55am
The way I saw it, is that Jeffrey was just managing the gap with an injured Cairoli.

Hope Herlings and Gajser both stay healthy and then at some point one of them needs to get te overhand, hence taking more risk. Should be interesting racing further on in this season.

I still think Herlings is the better of the two, but it looks like Gajser is faster than last year.
3/3/2020 4:58am
Aryen wrote:
GB was slippery and sketchy. Huge risk to throw it all away. This weekend it’s Valkenswaard. What do you guys think is gonna happen?
Way to point out the obvious that Herlings is going to win in the sand....
Aryen
3/3/2020 5:30am
Aryen wrote:
Way to point out the obvious that Herlings is going to win in the sand....
Yes. My point is that considering the circumstances, Herlings left GB with a great overall result. Knowing that Valkenswaard is around the corner makes for an even better start of the season if all goes as expected.
3/3/2020 6:34am
I have gone to the GP's and watched Gajser and Herlings ride closesly. Tim is a technical new gen rider. He got raw speed yes, but he bring that kind of new mindset on the old stuff. For example, his way to scrub. I mean Cairoli has been doing the move way before Tim, but Gajser has learn from the other guys and the he made it more efficient. That is how he is. Young and efficient.

Herlings on the other way, you see it real quick when he is on or not. I remember him leading a race by 5 sec and Paulin was giving everything to try and catch him as he was not far away. And Jeffrey looked verrryyy calm on the bike. Then he got in attack mode for the last lap (which was the fastest of the race) and his body language, the way he was riding the KTM was completly different. That particular speed I saw from him, I don't think anyone has it in Europe. Only Gajser can get close from that but it can be risky...
RG1
3/3/2020 7:00am
I don’t think there was much Herlings could’ve done about Gajser in moto 2 regardless of his approach. Gajser rode phenomenally well. It was a wise decision from Herlings not to push it too much though, the track was very rutted and technical and the sun was a big issue in the second moto
roninho
3/3/2020 7:14am
I agree RG1. I don't think Herlings tried anymore after nearly falling (a lap or so after passing TC), but with the way how Gajser was flying i don't think Herlings would have been able to close the gap.
t_baum88
3/3/2020 7:52am
I have gone to the GP's and watched Gajser and Herlings ride closesly. Tim is a technical new gen rider. He got raw speed yes, but...
I have gone to the GP's and watched Gajser and Herlings ride closesly. Tim is a technical new gen rider. He got raw speed yes, but he bring that kind of new mindset on the old stuff. For example, his way to scrub. I mean Cairoli has been doing the move way before Tim, but Gajser has learn from the other guys and the he made it more efficient. That is how he is. Young and efficient.

Herlings on the other way, you see it real quick when he is on or not. I remember him leading a race by 5 sec and Paulin was giving everything to try and catch him as he was not far away. And Jeffrey looked verrryyy calm on the bike. Then he got in attack mode for the last lap (which was the fastest of the race) and his body language, the way he was riding the KTM was completly different. That particular speed I saw from him, I don't think anyone has it in Europe. Only Gajser can get close from that but it can be risky...
I think I’d go with wild and reckless when describing Gasjer.
kkawboy14
3/3/2020 7:59am
Wait a minute.....I thought Herlings won? You guys are acting like he lost
Paul333
3/3/2020 8:06am
berniepiet wrote:
“ I don’t want to win every moto this year. I want to be consistent and win the championship so it’s good that I’ve already lost...
“ I don’t want to win every moto this year. I want to be consistent and win the championship so it’s good that I’ve already lost one race” interesting perspective.
How nice AFTER he finishes 2nd in moto two...
cookies
3/3/2020 10:05am
Gajser isn't made of steel. He doesn't have superpowers that prevent him from getting injured. He has been very lucky not to break bones & Herlings has been very unlucky to break his. Cairoli has been unfortunate also the last few years.

As for the Herlings vs Gajser battle.. I think there are more contenders this year. Cairoli, Gajser, Coldenhoff, Febvre, Evan's, Prado, Desalle are all good for multiple wins. Consistency will be key, and I Think only JH, AC and TG will have what it takes to be upfront every week. Barring injuries, Herlings will be my best bet. Gajser had a lot less competition last year, and even then, he lost multiple GPs.
Arofin
3/3/2020 1:40pm
berniepiet wrote:
“ I don’t want to win every moto this year. I want to be consistent and win the championship so it’s good that I’ve already lost...
“ I don’t want to win every moto this year. I want to be consistent and win the championship so it’s good that I’ve already lost one race” interesting perspective.
Paul333 wrote:
He said it before the season even started
Press516
Fantasy
111th
3/3/2020 1:47pm
Surprised it took him this long to learn that there are no titles won on the couch....

I am thinking that TG will give him a run this year...
Renner153
Fantasy
3544th
3/3/2020 3:27pm
roninho wrote:
I think you have a valid point Renner153. Having said that losing 9 points to Herlings, finishing 7th in moto 1 and falling twice (including a...
I think you have a valid point Renner153. Having said that losing 9 points to Herlings, finishing 7th in moto 1 and falling twice (including a hard getoff) might have an impact on confidence as well.
I think that second Moto showed he lost zero confidence. IMO, Tim is like reed in that it doesn’t matter how he did the last time he hit the track, when the gate falls, it’s a fresh start.
RG1
3/3/2020 3:45pm
berniepiet wrote:
Paul333 wrote:
He said many times in pre season that he was in it for the title and wasn’t concerned as much about winning every moto. It wasn’t just after the race
RDX
3/3/2020 4:06pm
kongols wrote:
My theory is that Herlings had dark lense goggles. You can hardly see anything in shadows. Gajser had clear lense.
Something like that. After the finish line when shaking hands with Tiga & Tony he was complaining and pointing to his Goggles. Then at the interview he said it was super risky to ride without visibility and the sun that low, but that's what happens when you schedule an event in February in the UK (message to Infront?)

Not saying Tiga did not deserve that second moto, the guy was on fire and conditions are equal for everybody.

Post a reply to: Jeffrey Herlings

The Latest