Jeffrey Herlings

berniepiet
“ I don’t want to win every moto this year. I want to be consistent and win the championship so it’s good that I’ve already lost one race” interesting perspective.
|
Bramlett321
3/2/2020 6:09am
I think when they first get going in either class these guys are balls out to win and win by a mile...but getting hurt over and over changes your perspective I'm sure. Not just Herlings but look at Mookie in SX for example. He's just like, get my ass to the next round.
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
3/2/2020 6:16am
Jeffrey knows he’s the fastest guy out there and is going to win most of the motos. With the mindset of above, the titles will come easy.
Bruce372
3/2/2020 6:19am
I dont think him being do focused on beating everts records helped him either
Mavetism
3/2/2020 7:04am
T-Fish wrote:
Jeffrey knows he’s the fastest guy out there and is going to win most of the motos. With the mindset of above, the titles will come...
Jeffrey knows he’s the fastest guy out there and is going to win most of the motos. With the mindset of above, the titles will come easy.
I would have agreed every year so far but as of know I'm not 100% sure about this. Gajser looks fast on the new Honda, i think he even stepped it up from last year. Season is going to be hella interesting for sure. People still underrate Gajser and quickly forget that he's only 23, i don't even think we saw his peak yet.

And Herlings.. man, I'm a fan since his battles with Roczen. Saw him live in Teutschenthal on his 250 once. Only winning was never enough for him, smashing his competition was his goal. End of 2017/2018 were crazy aswell. I don't think we saw a faster mx rider so far.

I really hope both riders stay off the ground and can make it all 20 rounds. Gajser had some pretty hard hits last year, but he seems like he is made out of rubber. Herlings pretty much always got injured as soon as he crashed.

The Shop

teamddr
3/2/2020 7:09am
Herlings let it go in the second Moto
Pragmatism is part of his new arsenal
So we might not see that Bullet stuff to the title is decided
If TIGA beats him str8 up then that elevates his status for sure
Gonna be glued to this
3/2/2020 7:40am
He done exactly what he needed to do , which is win the gp safely and come out with a good amount of points above the competition.
As a fan it's nice to see riders at their fastest but not always necessary to win the championship.

That accident Tim had in the first Moto could have ended his season if he wasn't made of rubber!

I can't remember who said " You need to go as slow as you can to win" ( or something along that line)

Here's to a healthy season with great racing
mx317
3/2/2020 7:56am
Dungey was quite successful using this strategy.
3/2/2020 7:57am
The strategy of not needing to win every moto isn't a bad one. It brought plenty of titles to Dungey here in the States. Of course with good starts, I don't see Herlings losing that often.
mfowler
3/2/2020 8:32am
“I can't remember who said " You need to go as slow as you can to win" ( or something along that line)“

That was Jeff Smith.
Robgvx
3/2/2020 8:59am
mfowler wrote:
“I can't remember who said " You need to go as slow as you can to win" ( or something along that line)“ That was Jeff...
“I can't remember who said " You need to go as slow as you can to win" ( or something along that line)“

That was Jeff Smith.
“Win the race at the slowest possible speed”?
hamncheeze
3/2/2020 9:02am
He done exactly what he needed to do , which is win the gp safely and come out with a good amount of points above the...
He done exactly what he needed to do , which is win the gp safely and come out with a good amount of points above the competition.
As a fan it's nice to see riders at their fastest but not always necessary to win the championship.

That accident Tim had in the first Moto could have ended his season if he wasn't made of rubber!

I can't remember who said " You need to go as slow as you can to win" ( or something along that line)

Gajser's ability to hit the ground and not end up destroyed is amazing. I can only think of JS7, who also did not get hurt too often despite his frequent soil samples.
3/2/2020 9:30am
He done exactly what he needed to do , which is win the gp safely and come out with a good amount of points above the...

hamncheeze wrote:
Gajser's ability to hit the ground and not end up destroyed is amazing. I can only think of JS7, who also did not get hurt too...
Gajser's ability to hit the ground and not end up destroyed is amazing. I can only think of JS7, who also did not get hurt too often despite his frequent soil samples.
Kenny Lingus
3/2/2020 10:04am
It's a good strategy for Jeffrey but Tim flat out beat him that second moto. Five minutes in he was gone. Looks to be a epic season.
Nuffsaid
3/2/2020 10:15am
Herlings settled into 2nd and didn’t even break a sweat and went home with a 9 point lead and the red plate, pretty simple
Barrett57
3/2/2020 10:20am
I'm a huge Herlings fan, but I think that he had nothing for Gajser in that second moto.

Gajser was on rails.
kongols
3/2/2020 10:29am
Nuffsaid wrote:
Herlings settled into 2nd and didn’t even break a sweat and went home with a 9 point lead and the red plate, pretty simple
My theory is that Herlings had dark lense goggles. You can hardly see anything in shadows. Gajser had clear lense.
kiwifan
3/2/2020 10:41am
teamddr wrote:
Herlings let it go in the second Moto Pragmatism is part of his new arsenal So we might not see that Bullet stuff to the title...
Gonna be glued to this
Herlings let it go in the 2nd moto??? If TIGA beats him str8 up?? But Tiga did beat him stra8 up!!!! Like Herlings did in the 1st moto.
kiwifan
3/2/2020 10:44am

I think every rider who finishes both races came out of the GP safely .... lets see how the rest of the season pans out, I doubt any top rider is going to go as slow as required to win...but happy to be proven wrong
teamddr
3/2/2020 11:50am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 11:54am
teamddr wrote:
Herlings let it go in the second Moto Pragmatism is part of his new arsenal So we might not see that Bullet stuff to the title...
Gonna be glued to this
kiwifan wrote:
Herlings let it go in the 2nd moto??? If TIGA beats him str8 up?? But Tiga did beat him stra8 up!!!! Like Herlings did in the...
Herlings let it go in the 2nd moto??? If TIGA beats him str8 up?? But Tiga did beat him stra8 up!!!! Like Herlings did in the 1st moto.
Tiga was on the ground twice and it’s only the first round
He’s gonna be on the ground again
Great kid and I really like him but he likes to kiss the floor to much
Herlings had to sit out all last year and if you listened to his interviews he’s fed up with lapping everybody one year and not even racing the next. One place Tiga has him hands down is injury proneness so it’s stupid to get into a “devil take the hindmost flat out dog fight with a very fast rider”
3/2/2020 11:55am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 11:56am
When Herlings turns the tap fully on, his whole body language changes and everything goes into fast forward. At no time over the weekend did that happen. He won moto 1 at a fast cruise and took the points in moto 2 without breaking any sweat at all.
Boring. Effective.
kiwifan
3/2/2020 12:00pm
teamddr wrote:
Gonna be glued to this
kiwifan wrote:
Herlings let it go in the 2nd moto??? If TIGA beats him str8 up?? But Tiga did beat him stra8 up!!!! Like Herlings did in the...
teamddr wrote:
Tiga was on the ground twice and it’s only the first round He’s gonna be on the ground again Great kid and I really like him...
Herlings had to sit out all last year and if you listened to his interviews he’s fed up with lapping everybody one year and not even racing the next. One place Tiga has him hands down is injury proneness so it’s stupid to get into a “devil take the hindmost flat out dog fight with a very fast rider”
its the first round dude, the track was slippery as, no surprise some crashed, lets see how further rounds go before saying Tiga will crash a lot, he did win the title last year after a couple of early season crashes
OldHalfway
3/2/2020 12:00pm

hamncheeze wrote:
Gajser's ability to hit the ground and not end up destroyed is amazing. I can only think of JS7, who also did not get hurt too...
God I love Malin.
teamddr
3/2/2020 12:03pm
kiwifan wrote:
teamddr wrote:
Tiga was on the ground twice and it’s only the first round He’s gonna be on the ground again Great kid and I really like him...
kiwifan wrote:
its the first round dude, the track was slippery as, no surprise some crashed, lets see how further rounds go before saying Tiga will crash a...
its the first round dude, the track was slippery as, no surprise some crashed, lets see how further rounds go before saying Tiga will crash a lot, he did win the title last year after a couple of early season crashes
You could be right, I hope so like I said he’s a great kid and one of the best. All off them finishing safe would be my favourite result.
teamddr
3/2/2020 12:07pm
ksithumper wrote:
When Herlings turns the tap fully on, his whole body language changes and everything goes into fast forward. At no time over the weekend did that...
When Herlings turns the tap fully on, his whole body language changes and everything goes into fast forward. At no time over the weekend did that happen. He won moto 1 at a fast cruise and took the points in moto 2 without breaking any sweat at all.
Boring. Effective.
Correct, I think his strategy is points at a safe speed. We might not see the 2018 herlings to the title is decided. He sounds like a guy that’s matured.
Arofin
3/2/2020 12:47pm
Barrett57 wrote:
I'm a huge Herlings fan, but I think that he had nothing for Gajser in that second moto.

Gajser was on rails.
Fastest laptime of the day in moto1, while mx2 guys went faster in moto2( track was more dry in think). Herlings was riding at 80% maybe im sure.
Cortami79
3/2/2020 12:53pm
ksithumper wrote:
When Herlings turns the tap fully on, his whole body language changes and everything goes into fast forward. At no time over the weekend did that...
Boring. Effective.
Exactly. His ability to speed up 3/4 seconds a lap is unreal. You saw it in moto 1 with Evans closing in and him pulling away 4 seconds in two sectors. In moto 2 you couldn’t see that. He was cautious and smart for once, which is needed to win this championship. Gajser did good moto 1 but had the same issue with that final corner crash. I think that Herlings has the pure raw speed during moto’s when the track is rough as hell. Even more than Gajser.

No bad thing about Gajser though, he really had an awesome moto in moto 2.
3/2/2020 1:00pm
lets see what happens when Herlings has to win , if Gajser can keep em close and battle for wins
Second moto Herlings didnt even try to catch him , passed Cairoli and seem content with outcome
Are we going to doubt his ability to speed up the last 10 min en close gaps and win ? he has done that for years in MX2 , MXGP , MXON and AMA and dont think he has lost that speed , but looks like its time for Herlings 2.0 a bit like Cairoli has done for years and it didnt hurt him looking at his titles

but who knows , Gajser looks really good on that new Honda and who knows about Prado when he is fit and healthy
Just hope they all stay healthy a whole season , so Gajser has to stop crashing as one day he wont be that lucky

Post a reply to: Jeffrey Herlings

The Latest