Jeff walker went from works edition to rockstar edition

yz133rider
Edited Date/Time 5/9/2019 10:35pm
https://youtu.be/UGpRJ1OGtq8

Pretty sweet channel and interested review on the husky vs the honda! I think my next bike might be a rockstar husky in a year or two.
|
5/7/2019 10:14am
Love his videos he's a cool guy bags of talent. I like his new scooter. I'm tempted to go for a Husky 250 next if the Kawi doesn't get the updates the 19 did.
5/7/2019 10:15am
I watch all his videos. I love seeing quality riding in a moto blog. It did irritate me when he kept calling the Husky an Austrian bike but that’s an easy mistake. Plus I’m glad he’s racing the 450 class outdoors one less dude to get smoked by hahahaa
BD233
5/7/2019 10:21am
I watch all his videos. I love seeing quality riding in a moto blog. It did irritate me when he kept calling the Husky an Austrian...
I watch all his videos. I love seeing quality riding in a moto blog. It did irritate me when he kept calling the Husky an Austrian bike but that’s an easy mistake. Plus I’m glad he’s racing the 450 class outdoors one less dude to get smoked by hahahaa
Why did that bother you?

" Husqvarna motorcycle production at Mattighofen in Austria started on 7 October 2013.[14] At the same time, Husqvarna-spin-off Husaberg was re-united with Husqvarna, terminating the existence of the Husaberg brand."
Sleapy
5/7/2019 10:29am
I watch all his videos. I love seeing quality riding in a moto blog. It did irritate me when he kept calling the Husky an Austrian...
It is Austrian Laughing

The Shop

5/7/2019 10:32am
BD233 wrote:
Why did that bother you? " Husqvarna motorcycle production at Mattighofen in Austria started on 7 October 2013.[14] At the same time, Husqvarna-spin-off Husaberg was re-united...
Why did that bother you?

" Husqvarna motorcycle production at Mattighofen in Austria started on 7 October 2013.[14] At the same time, Husqvarna-spin-off Husaberg was re-united with Husqvarna, terminating the existence of the Husaberg brand."
But it’s founders are Swedish.
kb228
5/7/2019 10:44am
BD233 wrote:
Why did that bother you? " Husqvarna motorcycle production at Mattighofen in Austria started on 7 October 2013.[14] At the same time, Husqvarna-spin-off Husaberg was re-united...
Why did that bother you?

Its a white ktm. Austrian is pretty much correct
Rickyisms
5/7/2019 11:22am
Jeff you doing 250 class on that 125?
wilh72
5/7/2019 11:36am
His videos are interesting and normally straight to the point with a lot of actual riding in it. Loved the lectron carb test video on his cr125 vid.
5/7/2019 11:38am
Almost went to Mx Express to ride Sunday but went to the local track that’s only 25 minutes away vs 2hrs. That would have been cool to see him ride and chat with him. Express is such a fun track if anyone is in the area go ride it! I enjoy his channel and seeing a lot of the GoPro videos are pretty sweet just to get an idea of how fast some of these guys really are. Good luck this season Jeff!
BD233
5/7/2019 11:48am
Rickyisms wrote:
He said he kept his CRF250R.
5/7/2019 1:05pm
BD233 wrote:
He said he kept his CRF250R.
Tough to part ways with a lot of money invested..
He would surprise himself to ride the husky 250f with minimal work IMHO.
Be a smart move as well - and I think he may end up doing that to keep one brand around...
Ray_MXS
5/7/2019 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2019 1:30pm
BD233 wrote:
Why did that bother you?

Yes but now Husqvarna is 100% Austrian.
captmoto
5/7/2019 2:52pm
Had a friend get on another friends 17 SXF350, bone stock, won a moto in a local vet expert class here. He was coming off a 15 YZ450. He was amazed at the difference. Lots of people with an open mind are surprised at how natural those bikes feel.
5/7/2019 4:21pm
Sleapy wrote:
It is Austrian Laughing
Did someone say Australian?
5/7/2019 4:28pm
Rickyisms wrote:
Minimum of two- spring creek and washougal.
Trying to add in America’s race and Ironman. Logistics are going to be hard unless a KC guy goes to both.
Rickyisms
5/7/2019 5:02pm
Rickyisms wrote:
Minimum of two- spring creek and washougal. Trying to add in America’s race and Ironman. Logistics are going to be hard unless a KC guy goes...
Trying to add in America’s race and Ironman. Logistics are going to be hard unless a KC guy goes to both.
Cool, Good luck my man!
Racer111
5/7/2019 5:21pm
yz133rider wrote:
https://youtu.be/UGpRJ1OGtq8 Pretty sweet channel and interested review on the husky vs the honda! I think my next bike might be a rockstar husky in a year...
https://youtu.be/UGpRJ1OGtq8

Pretty sweet channel and interested review on the husky vs the honda! I think my next bike might be a rockstar husky in a year or two.
I know how he feels. I pretty much did the same thing.

Frank
5/7/2019 6:22pm
Well there you have it folks. KTM/Husky is the best. Everyone sell your RWE's quick. Im in the market and have cash.
JeffWalker841
5/8/2019 9:37am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2019 10:21am
Thanks a ton for the love guys! Really cool to see how many people are following/supporting the journey this season.

I've been a LONG time Honda guy (ever since superminis on a crf150r in 2009), so it was definitely tough for me to make this change. I've actually been pretty vocal about my dislike for the Austrian bikes in the past! However, after riding one of my friend's 2019 KTM 450 in stock trim, I couldn't deny it anymore....the Austrian bikes are better in almost every way than all of the 2019 Jap bikes I've ridden. And that's extremely hard for me to admit!

Over the past few months, I've kind of conducted my own independent "2019 450 Shootout" by convincing my friends to let me ride their new bikes for a few laps. Most of my testing was done in Florida on sandy, wide-open tracks and I wasn't overly impressed with the Husky when I rode it down there. When I rode the KTM last week, it was up in Michigan on a really gnarly and rutted/rough clay track which I quickly discovered is where these bikes shine! I was struggling to get comfortable all day on my Honda, so my dad convinced me (against my will) to try my buddy's KTM. My expectations were so low that I didn't even change anything on the bike to suit my liking except for the lever position. Let me say this: my mind was blown. The first time I cracked the throttle, the thing hooked up like I've never experienced before. No fish-tailing, no burnouts; just pure traction. Within half a lap I felt like I had been riding the bike for months, if not years. I was scrubbing sketchy jumps that I was struggling to not boner-air on my Honda. I was railing corners and sticking in ruts that I was struggling to just stay upright in before.

I thought to myself "no way is this possible, the track must have gotten WAY better since the last session". So I went back to the pits, immediately got on my Honda and went back out on the track and my fears were confirmed. It felt like a heavy boat that was trying to spit me off and rip my arms off every chance it got! I had arm pump in one lap and I could easily tell my lap times were slower. That night, we put the Hondas up for sale and haven't looked back since!

Overall, I couldn't be happier with the change and I don't see myself owning another Jap bike for quite some time unless they can drop 20 pounds, smooth out the power delivery, and somehow make their bikes stick in a rut like my Husky does! Very excited to race this thing at Hangtown in a week and a half.
BD233
5/8/2019 9:45am
Right on man! Good luck this season!
aees
5/8/2019 10:20am
About the same as my experience when I got to test the new 2019 kx 450 coming of my 2018 SXF 450.

Felt like I moved 10 years back in time riding the kawi.
HusqFan3
5/8/2019 12:30pm
BD233 wrote:
Why did that bother you?

And your point is? Husky is wholly owned and operated by an Austrian company, not to mention manufactured and engineered in Austria. No offense but only a complete moron would refer to a 2019 Husqvarna as a “Swedish” bike.
mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
5/8/2019 1:11pm
Good luck in outdoors, I'll be looking out for you.
Bramlett321
5/8/2019 1:14pm
Thanks a ton for the love guys! Really cool to see how many people are following/supporting the journey this season. I've been a LONG time Honda...
Thanks a ton for the love guys! Really cool to see how many people are following/supporting the journey this season.

I've been a LONG time Honda guy (ever since superminis on a crf150r in 2009), so it was definitely tough for me to make this change. I've actually been pretty vocal about my dislike for the Austrian bikes in the past! However, after riding one of my friend's 2019 KTM 450 in stock trim, I couldn't deny it anymore....the Austrian bikes are better in almost every way than all of the 2019 Jap bikes I've ridden. And that's extremely hard for me to admit!

Over the past few months, I've kind of conducted my own independent "2019 450 Shootout" by convincing my friends to let me ride their new bikes for a few laps. Most of my testing was done in Florida on sandy, wide-open tracks and I wasn't overly impressed with the Husky when I rode it down there. When I rode the KTM last week, it was up in Michigan on a really gnarly and rutted/rough clay track which I quickly discovered is where these bikes shine! I was struggling to get comfortable all day on my Honda, so my dad convinced me (against my will) to try my buddy's KTM. My expectations were so low that I didn't even change anything on the bike to suit my liking except for the lever position. Let me say this: my mind was blown. The first time I cracked the throttle, the thing hooked up like I've never experienced before. No fish-tailing, no burnouts; just pure traction. Within half a lap I felt like I had been riding the bike for months, if not years. I was scrubbing sketchy jumps that I was struggling to not boner-air on my Honda. I was railing corners and sticking in ruts that I was struggling to just stay upright in before.

I thought to myself "no way is this possible, the track must have gotten WAY better since the last session". So I went back to the pits, immediately got on my Honda and went back out on the track and my fears were confirmed. It felt like a heavy boat that was trying to spit me off and rip my arms off every chance it got! I had arm pump in one lap and I could easily tell my lap times were slower. That night, we put the Hondas up for sale and haven't looked back since!

Overall, I couldn't be happier with the change and I don't see myself owning another Jap bike for quite some time unless they can drop 20 pounds, smooth out the power delivery, and somehow make their bikes stick in a rut like my Husky does! Very excited to race this thing at Hangtown in a week and a half.
I was the same damn way....die hard Honda until I got the Austrian bike lol...never looked back sense. The Japanese bikes with an aluminum perimeter frame, there's your boat anchor.
Digger29
5/8/2019 1:30pm
Thanks a ton for the love guys! Really cool to see how many people are following/supporting the journey this season. I've been a LONG time Honda...

Couldn't agree more with you about the bikes. I've been riding KTMs for the past 5 seasons and I really do like the CRF450 and its the only Japanese 450 that I'd feel comfortable racing. I did get the Rockstar 450 this season because my dealer asked me if I would consider one and I love it. Totally agree about the rebound on the Husky's shock too because I like my stuff fairly fast rebound wise and I'm running the new shock on 5 from full hard to get it where I like it. I had the bike dyno tuned 2 wks ago and it picked up almost 3hp with the 2 stroke cage and full FMF system and Renegade SX4 fuel. It now picks up earlier off of the bottom and has quite a bit more in the middle and still made over 50hp right to 11K and that wasn't close to the case in stock form. Good luck this season kid :-)
mg311
5/8/2019 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2019 3:17pm
he is a tall rider so feel honda unstable all the honda problems come from the fork. crf works well with very hard setting steering damper mousse tires and a traction control eco like get after this 2k upgrade is better than husky also matura clutch is mandatory
rohleder644
5/8/2019 4:01pm
Minimum of two- spring creek and washougal. Trying to add in America’s race and Ironman. Logistics are going to be hard unless a KC guy goes...
You didn't answer the important question...... you riding the 125???
ryanxmx31
5/8/2019 4:21pm
Have been watching his videos a bit, I can see why he liked the husky, myself I just bought a honda I couldn't pass up there quality, spring forks, and great all around bike

Post a reply to: Jeff walker went from works edition to rockstar edition

The Latest