Jeff Ward went with CR22 to Australia

snowy816
Was watching Bathurst (Big supercar race in Australia) on TV and they interviewed Jeff Ward. He had said in interview that he came with Chad and was excited watching the car racing. Wonder what Jeff and Chad are doing together. Could that be part of something CR is working on with his Racing next year in AMA?

|
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
10/6/2017 9:14pm
I still don't even understand why Chad is there.. I had thought maybe to announce a ride for the AUS-X Open, but I would have expected it by now.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
10/6/2017 9:28pm
I was always under the impression that prick was from there.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
10/6/2017 9:32pm
Jeff Ward has raced Trophy trucks in Aus a few times now from memory, including the Adelaide round of the V8's

Toby Price also races a few of the Trophy truck rounds. Maybe that is the go.
snowy816
10/6/2017 10:30pm
kevin204 wrote:
I still don't even understand why Chad is there.. I had thought maybe to announce a ride for the AUS-X Open, but I would have expected...
I still don't even understand why Chad is there.. I had thought maybe to announce a ride for the AUS-X Open, but I would have expected it by now.
Chad will probably do it just before the SX race, think he did that last time on the Honda in Australia with Boost too..

The Shop

davyboy944
10/6/2017 11:46pm
kevin204 wrote:
I still don't even understand why Chad is there.. I had thought maybe to announce a ride for the AUS-X Open, but I would have expected...
I imagine he is attending one of the biggest motorsport events in Australia.,,,,shaking hands with people and looking at his career after MX
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
10/7/2017 12:00am
kevin204 wrote:
davyboy944 wrote:
I imagine he is attending one of the biggest motorsport events in Australia.,,,,shaking hands with people and looking at his career after MX
He's been at the Bathurst 1000 a few times over the years. It's not too far from home (here) for him.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/7/2017 12:45am
snowy816 wrote:
Was watching Bathurst (Big supercar race in Australia) on TV and they interviewed Jeff Ward. He had said in interview that he came with Chad and...
Was watching Bathurst (Big supercar race in Australia) on TV and they interviewed Jeff Ward. He had said in interview that he came with Chad and was excited watching the car racing. Wonder what Jeff and Chad are doing together. Could that be part of something CR is working on with his Racing next year in AMA?

The guy that owns Boost AUS is the same guy that did 360FLY cams, Boost in the US etc...

He's a big cycling nut and awards pedals with him a ton/they're good pals. He probably invited Wardy over when they did the deal to have Chad over.
brash
10/7/2017 1:17am
kevin204 wrote:
fuckin bathurst mate!

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
10/7/2017 1:44am
kevin204 wrote:
brash wrote:
fuckin bathurst mate!

LaughingLaughingLaughing
snowy816
10/7/2017 3:11am
Chad has been around it heaps ! Jeff ward however was very excited to be there and loved what he saw! Even dropping hints he would love to get in one of them..

Just me thinking maybe Boost / Jeff Ward were getting sponsors and supper for Reeds 2018 supercross.. just like Wardy was doing that team with Dean ..
10/7/2017 4:15am
kevin204 wrote:
brash wrote:
fuckin bathurst mate!

This.

I had a few theories myself when I saw them on screen this morning. But then again, I was drinking in the morning. You know why? Because it's fkin bathurst maaaaaate.

Over and out.
skypig
10/7/2017 4:39am
“Bathurst” Australian for “Red neck car racing”

I was going to claim it was our equivalent to Indy Car racing, except they turn right a few times.

What will become of it now there are no Australian V8s made?
Hyundai V Great Wall?

Bikes at Bathurst, now that was something!
TZ750s and Z900 superbikes flat out down “Conrod Straight”
Soul tingling stuff.
(Not quite old enough to have seen that era live, but lived though a few riots, and seen some great racing, plus some awful fatal crashes......the olden times....)
slipdog
10/7/2017 6:53am
imoto34 wrote:
Ward is Scottish not Australian and I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a bad word about him being a prick...
brash
10/7/2017 3:33pm
skypig wrote:
“Bathurst” Australian for “Red neck car racing” I was going to claim it was our equivalent to Indy Car racing, except they turn right a few...

I was going to claim it was our equivalent to Indy Car racing, except they turn right a few times.

Hyundai V Great Wall?

Soul tingling stuff.
(Not quite old enough to have seen that era live, but lived though a few riots, and seen some great racing, plus some awful fatal crashes......the olden times....)
skypig
10/7/2017 5:20pm
That’s cool!
Thanks.
As usual, the elevation changes are not quite as obvious on the screen.
They didn’t need no “chicane” on “Conrod Straight”, just HP, and big balls and brakes.
KDXGarage
10/8/2017 9:02am
imoto34 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
Ward is Scottish not Australian and I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a bad word about him being a prick...
Obviously, he some concern with Chad Reed, as such language does not apply to Jeff Ward.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
10/8/2017 9:36am
skypig wrote:
That’s cool! Thanks. As usual, the elevation changes are not quite as obvious on the screen. They didn’t need no “chicane” on “Conrod Straight”, just HP...
That’s cool!
Thanks.
They didn’t need no “chicane” on “Conrod Straight”, just HP, and big balls and brakes.
they ran bikes there up till the early 2000's, had a friend from here that races a R1 round there, reckons they were hitting 330kmh down conrod, and you scrapped you leathers up the walls on the way up the mountain, scary place to ride a superbike for sure,
10/8/2017 3:40pm
skypig wrote:
That’s cool! Thanks. As usual, the elevation changes are not quite as obvious on the screen. They didn’t need no “chicane” on “Conrod Straight”, just HP...
That’s cool!
Thanks.
scott_nz wrote:
they ran bikes there up till the early 2000's, had a friend from here that races a R1 round there, reckons they were hitting 330kmh down...
they ran bikes there up till the early 2000's, had a friend from here that races a R1 round there, reckons they were hitting 330kmh down conrod, and you scrapped you leathers up the walls on the way up the mountain, scary place to ride a superbike for sure,
I think the bikes were getting airborne down Conrod straight back in the 80's.
Watch the sidecars there absolute mad. Cameron Taylor's dad dominated there on the sidecars
kiwifan
10/8/2017 6:00pm
scott_nz wrote:
they ran bikes there up till the early 2000's, had a friend from here that races a R1 round there, reckons they were hitting 330kmh down...
Are they planning to have bikes there again, or a new track next to the existing one??

kiwifan
10/8/2017 6:04pm
skypig wrote:
“Bathurst” Australian for “Red neck car racing” I was going to claim it was our equivalent to Indy Car racing, except they turn right a few...

Hyundai V Great Wall?

Soul tingling stuff.
In answer to the V8 question, I watched a clip (sent to me from an Aussie mate) of some dude racing a twin turbo V6 station wagon (!!) on the track there this weekend...looked very quick, maybe thats the future?
jeffro503
10/8/2017 6:09pm
kevin204 wrote:
brash wrote:
fuckin bathurst mate!

EZZA 95B wrote:
LaughingLaughingLaughing
One of THEE best races on planet fucking earth!! In fact the V8 Supercars are by far my favorite 4 wheel motosport. Can not stand nascar , unless it's on a road course like the Glen or Sanoma. Love F1 , Indy Blancpain and so forth .....but always love me some Aussie V8's!!
jeffro503
10/8/2017 6:11pm
skypig wrote:

Hyundai V Great Wall?

Soul tingling stuff.
No.
markit
10/8/2017 6:24pm
kevin204 wrote:
Yea, and why would Ward come to the US?
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
10/8/2017 7:37pm
imoto34 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
KDXGarage wrote:
Obviously, he some concern with Chad Reed, as such language does not apply to Jeff Ward.
Yes, just a dumb joke I guess. I am huge fans of both, no disrespect intended.
BS12
10/8/2017 10:36pm
kiwifan wrote:
In answer to the V8 question, I watched a clip (sent to me from an Aussie mate) of some dude racing a twin turbo V6 station...
In answer to the V8 question, I watched a clip (sent to me from an Aussie mate) of some dude racing a twin turbo V6 station wagon (!!) on the track there this weekend...looked very quick, maybe thats the future?
They're going away from V8's, hence the name change from V8 Supercars to "Virgin Australia Supercars". Pretty sure that TT V6 is the new gen platform (though not as a wagon I don't think) starting next year. Didn't actually sound bad for a 6.

Post a reply to: Jeff Ward went with CR22 to Australia

The Latest