Jeff Ward mentioned

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 6/24/2013 8:14am
A while ago about bubba has banged his head to many times and he got slammed for it. Well,once again this weekend in moto 2 James gets up,all groggy and stumble and trips up to his bike now this ain't a bash but I don't like seeing riders in this state getn back on a bike.
Maybe these incidents are taking a toll on James as he is constantly having tip overs again and again I can't help but feel that something up top ain't right maybe Wardy was correct
|
bvm111
6/23/2013 4:26pm
what in thee hell are you talking about....???
smeg
6/23/2013 4:38pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2013 4:39pm
The symptoms and consequences of repeated concussions are well documented. Is that part of James' problem?

I would think he has been medically reviewed on more than one occasion.
SunComfort
6/23/2013 5:55pm
James' wrist injury, is the same one that ended RJ's career, i dont see it being any different for james. They have better Dr's now, so its prolly not as bad off as Ricky's was, but its the exact same injury and is more than likely the biggest enemy to James.
Dude has taking a beating, and i for one commend him for trying to ride it out and make some $ off the sport he helped bring so much outside attention too. Love him or hate him, outside of TP199, Mx/Sx has alot to be thankful for because of that cats presence.
dantheman
6/23/2013 6:09pm
^^^ You have no idea what you are talking about dude. RJ's wrist injury was totally different. He would yard sale it cause his hand would go numb trying to hang on for a moto... did you SEE the beginning of last year... FOUR moto's in a row, won by James. You couldn't do that with the wrist injury Johnson had.

The Shop

haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
6/23/2013 8:02pm
dantheman wrote:
^^^ You have no idea what you are talking about dude. RJ's wrist injury was totally different. He would yard sale it cause his hand would...
^^^ You have no idea what you are talking about dude. RJ's wrist injury was totally different. He would yard sale it cause his hand would go numb trying to hang on for a moto... did you SEE the beginning of last year... FOUR moto's in a row, won by James. You couldn't do that with the wrist injury Johnson had.
Did he not do all that before he crashed at Thunder Valley and caused the wrist injury??

Combine the wrist, the knee, the head knocks, the speed of the Ryans and the age of James and you have what we see at the moment. Same type of scenario for Chad.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
6/23/2013 8:12pm
dantheman wrote:
^^^ You have no idea what you are talking about dude. RJ's wrist injury was totally different. He would yard sale it cause his hand would...
I don't know if it bothers James anymore, but it is the same injury. They both broke their navicular bone, and James said his doctor butchered it. He seems to have had numerous problems with it getting reinjured since the original injury in 2010.
rhargrave431
6/23/2013 8:15pm
I'm not bashing him by any means, and I didn't see his crash, but he has taken some serious slams over the years to his head. Your brain is very delicate as we all know, maybe his has been hit enough that it can't process things as fast as it needs to be for the speed he is going... Just a thought. Not hating
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
6/23/2013 8:15pm
He seemed to be favoring a knee in both crashes, but especially after the 2nd one.
dantheman
6/23/2013 8:22pm
dantheman wrote:
haydos25 wrote:
Did he not do all that before he crashed at Thunder Valley and caused the wrist injury?? Combine the wrist, the knee, the head knocks, the...
Did he not do all that before he crashed at Thunder Valley and caused the wrist injury??

Combine the wrist, the knee, the head knocks, the speed of the Ryans and the age of James and you have what we see at the moment. Same type of scenario for Chad.
The initial wrist injury(navicular bone) is the one typically compared to RJ's. I know he has hurt it since but haven't seen any serious mention of it having a detrimental effect on his riding. At least in the sense of that initial injury.

I just hate seeing him hit the deck at all anymore. I know it's part of the sport but with James, we've seen so much that you keep waiting for the unthinkable... I just want him to be able to walk away from the sport healthy. At least as healthy as he can be.
SunComfort
6/23/2013 8:32pm
dantheman wrote:
You are right, i have never watched MX, Never ridden MX, Never injured myself riding MX, and damn sure havent been involved in MX. I am just here to piss DanTheDouche off.... Ughhhh, u tell me i have no clue. Your cool, said No one Ever.!!
dantheman
6/23/2013 8:41pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2013 8:51pm
dantheman wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
I don't know if it bothers James anymore, but it is the same injury. They both broke their navicular bone, and James said his doctor butchered...
I don't know if it bothers James anymore, but it is the same injury. They both broke their navicular bone, and James said his doctor butchered it. He seems to have had numerous problems with it getting reinjured since the original injury in 2010.
This is Ricky's own description of his injury:

Right wrist “Both my wrists have been broken. My right wrist was way worse. In practice in 1989 at the Gainesville national I passed Danny Storbeck and kind of scrubbed a jump to stay low; he jumped high. His front wheel hit me in the back of the arm and shoved my arm bones up into my hand. It was hot, burning, but it didn’t feel broken. [Then] I looked down. I knew I was screwed. My glove was half ripped off, and it looked like someone took my hand off and set it on the side of my arm. About a year and a half after that it got to where I couldn’t ride anymore [competitively]. It was starting to lock up on me; my hand would involuntarily let go. I came back and won that Gainesville national a year later, but I had minimal success. I was close but never the same.”

I've never seen pictures or mention of Jame's wrist looking like that. It could have I don't know. Also, the only information we have about it is from James, and he's never said that it's stopping him from fully competing, as Johnson did.

As haydos25 pointed out, it's simply a culmination of everything. The old adage "motocross is a young man's sport" holds true... and you age kinda in dog years... one year to the next may not be graceful or kind.
dantheman
6/23/2013 8:47pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2013 8:50pm
SunComfort wrote:
You are right, i have never watched MX, Never ridden MX, Never injured myself riding MX, and damn sure havent been involved in MX. I am...
You are right, i have never watched MX, Never ridden MX, Never injured myself riding MX, and damn sure havent been involved in MX. I am just here to piss DanTheDouche off.... Ughhhh, u tell me i have no clue. Your cool, said No one Ever.!!
Please accept my apologies for posting like that Sun', you didn't deserve that.

Sincerely, DanTheDouche(I did deserve that)
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
6/23/2013 8:58pm
All we know is they both broke the navicular. James knows if he said his wrist, knee or anything else bothered him or slowed down dipshits would just say he is making excuses. That being said, maybe they don't. On a side note, I was at Gatorback and watched Storbeck land on RJ in practice, he walked off the track right next to me and my buddy and you could see his wrist was jacked up bad. It looked the same as when I broke mine in 4 places, but mine wasn't the navicular. It was a huge bummer, him and Lechein were my favorite riders at the time, and RJ was never the same again.
dantheman
6/23/2013 9:13pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
All we know is they both broke the navicular. James knows if he said his wrist, knee or anything else bothered him or slowed down dipshits...
All we know is they both broke the navicular. James knows if he said his wrist, knee or anything else bothered him or slowed down dipshits would just say he is making excuses. That being said, maybe they don't. On a side note, I was at Gatorback and watched Storbeck land on RJ in practice, he walked off the track right next to me and my buddy and you could see his wrist was jacked up bad. It looked the same as when I broke mine in 4 places, but mine wasn't the navicular. It was a huge bummer, him and Lechein were my favorite riders at the time, and RJ was never the same again.
Man, I was there as well!!! I was so bummed as RJ was rolling that year!!! What was it, five in a row SX and then... DONE Sad

Remember when we used to have all the races(Tampa, Orlando, Daytona and Gainesville) in the beginning of the year? Damn I miss that. We even had Miami and once at St Pete.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
6/23/2013 9:20pm
Yep, 5 in a row. The record books would be much different if he didn't get injured then. I remember, I went to all those races. Good old days Dizzy at least we still have Daytona.
danman
6/24/2013 8:07am
Anonymous wrote:
A while ago about bubba has banged his head to many times and he got slammed for it. Well,once again this weekend in moto 2 James...
A while ago about bubba has banged his head to many times and he got slammed for it. Well,once again this weekend in moto 2 James gets up,all groggy and stumble and trips up to his bike now this ain't a bash but I don't like seeing riders in this state getn back on a bike.
Maybe these incidents are taking a toll on James as he is constantly having tip overs again and again I can't help but feel that something up top ain't right maybe Wardy was correct
I think he may have seemed all groggy and stumble because of the nasty ruts and his knee certainly isn't 100%. I'd guess it was just circumstance. He got back on the gas and was hauling after the crash. In previous bad crashes, he wasn't charging as hard as Saturday.
gotwings
6/24/2013 8:14am
Anonymous wrote:
A while ago about bubba has banged his head to many times and he got slammed for it. Well,once again this weekend in moto 2 James...
I think you're the one who's trippin, dude...

Post a reply to: Jeff Ward mentioned

The Latest