Jeff Ward is preparing to embarrass some kids

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2019 1:39 PM

|

1/7/2019 1:48 PM

I remember him being really competitive when the AMA still had a supermoto series. I felt really bad for the guy when they ran a winner-takes-all race at Vegas and one of the Bostrom brothers nipped him for the championship.

|

1/7/2019 1:49 PM

This is awesome! There will be a few helmet sponsors pissed with their young riders when they opt for a paper bag with eye holes when they get tuned by Wardy.

|

1/7/2019 2:54 PM

This is really cool. Wardy is a two wheel legend and was a pretty damn good car racer as well. I can't wait to see him in action at Daytona!

|

1/7/2019 2:57 PM

I plan on being at Wildhorse Raceway in April when the AFT TT comes to town to see him race. Very cool...

|

The older I get...the less I can remember about how much faster I was....

1/7/2019 3:06 PM

Naw, he'll get stomped by some kid on an 85

|

1/7/2019 3:06 PM

I bet he smokes it.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/7/2019 3:27 PM

BikeGuy321 wrote:

I remember him being really competitive when the AMA still had a supermoto series. I felt really bad for the guy when they ran a winner-takes-all race at Vegas and one of the Bostrom brothers nipped him for the championship.

I raced that in the Open Class, was at the Rio, it was the first year and it was a good way to gauge interest, then they went for a full time series, turned it into SX with tarmac and killed it stone dead. There were so many names that year, the MX guys were all over the place, Langston was sketchy , i followed him in practice, lost next to nowt till the offroad, Ryan Hughes rode too, passed him twice in the main, trying to ride MX lines.

Got some pics of that somewhere, it was live on TV, and run at night, we only had day practice , and the lights were iffy to say the least. Had never raced in the dark, its a whole new ballgame for sure. Fun though

|

1/7/2019 4:28 PM

BikeGuy321 wrote:

philG wrote:

I raced that in the Open Class, was at the Rio, it was the first year and it was a good way to gauge interest, then they went for a full time series, turned it into SX with tarmac and killed it stone dead. There were so many names that year, the MX guys were all over the place, Langston was sketchy , i followed him in practice, lost next to nowt till the offroad, Ryan Hughes rode too, passed him twice in the main, trying to ride MX lines.

Got some pics of that somewhere, it was live on TV, and run at night, we only had day practice , and the lights were iffy to say the least. Had never raced in the dark, its a whole new ballgame for sure. Fun though

I remember the Rio race on TV, it was great. I was at the Vegas finals in 2004 that they ran behind Planet Hollywood. Wardy won and cinched the title in his early 40s.

|

My wife calls you guys the Yahoos.

1/7/2019 4:41 PM

Ward is unreal. Is he chiseled out of stone or something? Be safe out there and haul ass Wardy!

|

1/7/2019 5:05 PM

He was my fav growing up.. but has he been drinking a lil too much.. looks like hes got the old alcohol nose going on.

|

1/7/2019 5:33 PM

JoJmoto wrote:

He was my fav growing up.. but has he been drinking a lil too much.. looks like hes got the old alcohol nose going on.

"has he been drinking a lil too much.."

ummm...i seriously doubt it, he's not the type.

|

1/7/2019 5:48 PM

Flat trackers are no joke. Unless they’re amateur racers, I doubt he’ll have anything for the pro’s. +50 does rear its ugly head.

|

1/7/2019 7:15 PM

JoJmoto wrote:

You’re a fool. That man is in better shape than half the gate Saturday night. One of the most disciplined men I’ve met, and is surrounded by folks that are the same.

|

1/7/2019 7:19 PM

JoJmoto wrote:

Yeah boozing it up gives you unreal stamina. https://road2recovery.com/cause-view/legends-of-the-road-david-bailey-doug-henry-micky-dymond-and-jeff-ward-race-across-america/

|

1/7/2019 7:24 PM

Pro singles is no joke. School will be in full session.

|

1/7/2019 11:27 PM

I was thinking he will make another race team... that will never race.

|

1/8/2019 5:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2019 5:26 AM

JoJmoto wrote:

Truly an 'Idiot' comment, sport.

If I recall correctly, he had some Skin Cancer related damage to his nose.

Rebuilt / reconstructed skin / flesh, tends to be somewhat different to the adjoining / original skin / flesh. Especially when subjected to sun and wind.

While he is a Ranga - and Rangas are the very best of Humanity, our one big weakness is that Bastard Sun up there in the sky. It burns, it burns.................

|

1/8/2019 7:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2019 7:06 AM

tek14 wrote:

I was thinking he will make another race team... that will never race.

That kills me to this day....DW15 would have a 450 championship by now. angry

|

1/8/2019 7:33 AM

Wardy raced in the 2018 6-12-24 Hour World Time Trial Championships where he took 4th in the 12-hour age 50-59 men with 217.2 miles.

Photo

|

1/8/2019 9:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2019 9:28 AM

Bigfoot wrote:

Wardy raced in the 2018 6-12-24 Hour World Time Trial Championships where he took 4th in the 12-hour age 50-59 men with 217.2 miles.

Photo

I ride MTB with Wardy. I am 28 and in pretty damn good shape...I am chasing him up every hill. GNARLY man right there.

|

1/8/2019 9:35 AM

Bigfoot wrote:

Photo

Kyle978 wrote:

I ride MTB with Wardy. I am 28 and in pretty damn good shape...I am chasing him up every hill. GNARLY man right there.

i think when he was racing he could do a squat with around 400 lbs. i knew him when i worked at kawi in the r & d department. i did around 10 friggen tire changes for him at carlsbad in the middle of summer one day when he and the tire mfg went there to test tires. his dad was a loan broker and got me financing on my first house with some "creative" figures, lol. in fact, he got several people from kawi financing.

|

1/8/2019 10:28 AM

Kyle978 wrote:

Yup, dude is (still) Photo a BEAST!

|

1/8/2019 2:08 PM

I am conflicted on how I feel about this.

Obviously he still rides alot and is around some of the Singles riders. If he is comparing lap times and can somewhat run their pace, he may have a legit shot at making a few mains.

If that's not the case and he is going in stone cold, he will be in for quite the surprise. Pro singles is serious racing and the field is getting deeper year over year.

|

1/8/2019 3:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2019 3:15 PM

mxtech1 wrote:

Obviously he still rides alot and is around some of the Singles riders. If he is comparing lap times and can somewhat run their pace, he may have a legit shot at making a few mains.

If that's not the case and he is going in stone cold, he will be in for quite the surprise. Pro singles is serious racing and the field is getting deeper year over year.

He’s been riding quite a bit, and by all accounts is going really, really fast. Making TT mains isn’t going to be an issue. He isn’t showing up cold like TP did at Daytona several years ago.

I wonder how many of the Singles riders will be switching to the new Production Twins class?

|

1/8/2019 6:12 PM

mxtech1 wrote:

Moto Mofo wrote:

He’s been riding quite a bit, and by all accounts is going really, really fast. Making TT mains isn’t going to be an issue. He isn’t showing up cold like TP did at Daytona several years ago.

I wonder how many of the Singles riders will be switching to the new Production Twins class?

He mentioned he grew up racing flat track. I havent seen a current mxer, "back in" a dirt track bike lateley. As a former mx pro license holder, it took me a lot of rides to get competitive on the ice (road courses), with really good tires. about when you think you have it figured out, henry wiles goes by you like its your first time riding a bike..and hes gone.

|

1/8/2019 7:00 PM

cable wrote:

He mentioned he grew up racing flat track. I havent seen a current mxer, "back in" a dirt track bike lateley. As a former mx pro license holder, it took me a lot of rides to get competitive on the ice (road courses), with really good tires. about when you think you have it figured out, henry wiles goes by you like its your first time riding a bike..and hes gone.

Ryan Sipes didn’t have a ton of time on a flat tracker when he won the Buffalo Chip TT last year.

|

1/9/2019 6:46 PM

Moto Mofo wrote:

cable wrote:

Moto Mofo wrote:

Ryan Sipes didn’t have a ton of time on a flat tracker when he won the Buffalo Chip TT last year.

I just watched it on youtube. Sipes looked great as im sure jeff ward will also. he was wheelying into the jump. Henry Wiles could have qualified for a mx national 7 or 8 yrs ago. He grew up in moto. I think hes 35 now.

|