Jeff Walker one lap 2020 450's

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2019 12:56 PM

|

8/6/2019 1:29 PM

|

8/6/2019 2:09 PM

Very interesting! Can’t wait to see the shootout results from the group.

Here’s a screen grab of Jeff’s laptimes on each bike:

|

8/6/2019 2:25 PM

Great Clip!

Man he can haul! Few sketchy moments it appeared from a slow rider!

Thanks for posting.

|

8/6/2019 2:27 PM

Track looked dust bowl at end of day when he did kawi and suzuki, wonder if he went back and did a lap again on first bike or two again to see if his time was same or the track dropped off.
One thing that was obvious to me watching video is Honda has best engine no doubt. The mid rpm recovery was noticeably better than any other bike, in that series of doubles when he landed and got back on gas you could tell how hard it pulled back up into the rev range. Pulled hard.

|

8/6/2019 4:41 PM

They all are awesome bikes.

|

8/6/2019 4:46 PM

That was excellent. Really cool start to the test season.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore.

8/6/2019 5:10 PM

Jeff is an absolute monster, its so insane how a person could be as fast as he is and still not receive support from major companies towards his racing efforts. Motocross is one hell of a sport...

Video was super cool though, hell, i had fun just watching him rip those beasts around. Cahuilla has looked like its seen better days though, lol

|

8/6/2019 5:15 PM

crmsticks127 wrote:

Jeff is an absolute monster, its so insane how a person could be as fast as he is and still not receive support from major companies towards his racing efforts. Motocross is one hell of a sport...

Video was super cool though, hell, i had fun just watching him rip those beasts around. Cahuilla has looked like its seen better days though, lol

What is his best result this year? Plenty of 2 digit number guys way faster and doing it on their own.

|

8/6/2019 5:26 PM

crmsticks127 wrote:

What Jeff's videos show is just how good all the riders that are in the top 20 really are. He is very fast but still cannot keep up with even the riders between 15th and 20th.

|

8/6/2019 5:31 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Very interesting! Can’t wait to see the shootout results from the group.

Here’s a screen grab of Jeff’s laptimes on each bike:

Gee a second fastest on the Honda, impressive, nice vid

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

8/6/2019 6:01 PM

Great Format! Long overdue. The Honda's engine pulled noticeably harder and used higher revs. The KTM needed a steering damper, the front end wagged a lot. The rest blended together, except the Suzuki which seemed to have the best low RPM pull, to no avail.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

8/6/2019 6:16 PM

The Yamaha sounded mean to me...audiably different to the others...airbox I know...

|

8/6/2019 6:23 PM

seventeen wrote:

The Yamaha sounded mean to me...audiably different to the others...airbox I know...

Yup i find it cool but also annoying...lol

|

8/6/2019 6:23 PM

I'm curious if the other riders have similar lap times on the Honda or if it's just the fact he's ridden the current generation CRF450R a bunch.

He looked super smooth on the Yamaha as well.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Giant Stance 2.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

8/6/2019 6:56 PM

This track is a speedway.

|

8/6/2019 7:09 PM

c0ncEpT wrote:

I'm curious if the other riders have similar lap times on the Honda or if it's just the fact he's ridden the current generation CRF450R a bunch.

well I think he rode the Husky a lot more recently than the Honda

|

8/6/2019 7:40 PM

crmsticks127 wrote:

brettmx wrote:

What Jeff's videos show is just how good all the riders that are in the top 20 really are. He is very fast but still cannot keep up with even the riders between 15th and 20th.

Give the kid some credit, he has scored points before and his best finish this year was a 22nd. So it's not like the top 20 are blowing his doors off.

|

8/6/2019 7:48 PM

yamahaha131 wrote:

This track is a speedway.

Obviously he’s training for the GPs all wrong

|

8/6/2019 7:57 PM

crmsticks127 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

What is his best result this year? Plenty of 2 digit number guys way faster and doing it on their own.

Bro, don’t talk down on my rider.

|

8/6/2019 8:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2019 8:04 PM

crmsticks127 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Right? There is ALWAYS that guy. MXB2 is AlWAYS negative Nancy.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

8/6/2019 8:23 PM

crmsticks127 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

We can all feel the hate your exuding and don't come back and say we're taking it the wrong way. Get over it, you'll be just fine.

|

8/6/2019 8:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2019 8:33 PM

crmsticks127 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Just saying, I down voted you, HA!!! Like that matters, but come on. Walker is a damn good rider who is also giving a bit of insight into the world of fast moto riders... Very few riders who consistently make the mains post as many quality riding videos.

Yeah, I am bit of a fanoldman in that I have never, and will never experience this type of speed first person. I admire those who choose to give us a glimpse into things most viewers will never experience.

|

8/6/2019 8:45 PM

crmsticks127 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

ML-will you be using a more riders with different (average/slower) skill set? Lol.

Either way man. Greatly appreciate your input you put into this research. Hopefully the manufacturers will see the importance of what something like this means to the average consumer and will support your projects moving forward.

|

8/6/2019 9:20 PM

Pretty cool seeing clips here and there and not having to wait till the shootout is complete. Keep thrown’ us bones here and there, I think everyone is appreciative of it. Thank you ML512 and Jeff!

|

8/6/2019 9:26 PM

mxb2 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

Right? There is ALWAYS that guy. MXB2 is AlWAYS negative Nancy.

Naw, you just dont like any facts, i just asked a simple question. Butt hurt much. Ac still going to hrc? , or are u still mad you got called out.

|

8/7/2019 4:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2019 8:48 AM

Is the order of bikes in the vid the order he rode the bikes in? No surprise that the bikes ridden last have higher lap times while the track gets worse and he gets more tired.

|

8/7/2019 5:30 AM

c0ncEpT wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

well I think he rode the Husky a lot more recently than the Honda

Great point. I didn't think of that!

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Giant Stance 2.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

8/7/2019 5:41 AM

Don't show the results! People on here get pissed that the Suzuki is a PoS! They'll start posting holeshot pictures from a handful of races this year.

|

Not much to say to Vitards.

8/7/2019 5:43 AM

OneWordResponseGuy wrote:

Don't show the results! People on here get pissed that the Suzuki is a PoS! They'll start posting holeshot pictures from a handful of races this year.

the yellow people get super butthurt about their outdated tanks

|