Jeff Walker

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2019 2:35 PM

Rough start to the series for my favorite vlogger. Been watching his videos for a few weeks now while he builds up to Hangtown. With all the talk about Keefer making the show my real money was on Walker to qualify and do well. Neither guy had a good day at all, I had to go look at the qualifying results for proof he was even there. He qualified 48th nearly 4 seconds off 36th which is the last spot to transfer straight in. Consi went even worse it looks like. Hope he keeps his head up and makes it happen.

|

5/19/2019 2:38 PM

Shawn142 wrote:

Rough start to the series for my favorite vlogger. Been watching his videos for a few weeks now while he builds up to Hangtown. With all the talk about Keefer making the show my real money was on Walker to qualify and do well. Neither guy had a good day at all, I had to go look at the qualifying results for proof he was even there. He qualified 48th nearly 4 seconds off 36th which is the last spot to transfer straight in. Consi went even worse it looks like. Hope he keeps his head up and makes it happen.

Yeah I like watching his videos too. I was bummed when I didn't see his name in Moto 1.

|

5/19/2019 2:39 PM

Yea he does a great job with his vlogs.

Didn't even know who he was but I've watched a few of them and they were done pretty good.

Was expecting more out of him but that just goes to show how fast these guys are.

|

5/19/2019 3:42 PM

It’s hard to show up at a national event and ride how you know you can ride. It’s just a different ballgame.

|

5/19/2019 3:53 PM

Love watching his videos. But might consider fewer 30 minute motos and more sprints. Being able to go 30 is great, but ya gotta get in the show first. In timed qualifying hook onto a rider who always gets in......might not wanna pick Tomac, Roczen etc, ha....and don't let go.

|

5/19/2019 4:01 PM

Shawn142 wrote:

its too polished...seems like a super great kid but the video not raw enough constructive wise not slamming him whatsoever

|

5/19/2019 4:01 PM

Shit, that’s all it takes?

|

5/19/2019 4:20 PM

JWACK wrote:

It’s hard to show up at a national event and ride how you know you can ride. It’s just a different ballgame.

Yea it's just completely different. I've only ever ridden 2 tracks that reminded me of the few times I tried (and failed horribly) to qualify for an outdoor, and one of them was Loretta's. There's almost nothing out there that can prepare you for how rutted and choppy the national tracks get.

|

5/19/2019 4:35 PM

G-man wrote:

Yea he does a great job with his vlogs.

Didn't even know who he was but I've watched a few of them and they were done pretty good.

Was expecting more out of him but that just goes to show how fast these guys are.

Same. Never heard of the kid till a couple of weeks ago when someone posted a vlog of his.
There is 11 more opportunities to get into the show. Hopefully he makes the cut next week at Pala.
I wonder if the Husky held him back.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

5/19/2019 4:41 PM

Jeff is definitely a really good rider. I've seen quite a few of his vids and most all were on a sandy FL track some where , which is totally alien to what they had at Hangtown this weekend. Plus like what Jwack said above....riding it and racing it are two different things. Jeff seems like a good kid , hard worker and enjoy's the sport. He'll make it in sooner or later. Baby steps.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/19/2019 4:43 PM

Looking at some of the names, and the fact Stank was only a few spots out of qualifying on a 125, I wonder if he’d have had a better shot on his 250 race bike. I think the “make more money in the 450” class Matthes has been preaching to every privateer he talks to for the last few years is starting to make that class chalk full of talent.

|

5/19/2019 4:46 PM

He said he had unknown bike issues. His bike is a bone stock factory edition he just got like 2 weeks ago. If you look back at his videos he was a longtime Honda guy and just traded his works in for the husky. He seems like a great kid I’m rooting for him to make some motos this year.

|

5/19/2019 4:54 PM

He will make some - which is an incredible accomplishment.

|

5/19/2019 8:45 PM

Didn't realize that Jeff Walker had qualified for many Nationals in the last couple years. For some reason I was thinking that this was his rookie season. Gonna be up from here on out this year. Good luck.

|

5/19/2019 8:52 PM

He’s super fast and I’m sure nerves played a role possibly

|

5/19/2019 9:22 PM

sparker245 wrote:

Didn't realize that Jeff Walker had qualified for many Nationals in the last couple years. For some reason I was thinking that this was his rookie season. Gonna be up from here on out this year. Good luck.

Yep, he finished 16 overall last year in the muddy Iron man on a 250. He did ride the 450 class in 2016 aswell. Such a nice dude, impossible to dislike this guy and holy fuck, his gopro angle is probably the best moto shit I've seen so far.
Must be hard to swap to a completly new bike 2 weeks before the season is starting. Hope he can accomplish what he aims for.

|

5/20/2019 4:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2019 4:13 AM

Watching Jeff’s videos it is clear he rips and is extremely talented. Him not qualifying shows the level the pros are at in this series. Reminds of our local DH MTB pros, they are insane to watch but when they go to a World Cup they don’t come close to qualifying. Hard to wrap your head around.

|

5/20/2019 12:04 PM

Shawn142 wrote:

Dude, it was a mudder. Everyone sucked.

|

5/20/2019 12:10 PM

Shawn142 wrote:

Texas Built wrote:

Dude, it was a mudder. Everyone sucked.

Sometimes mud helps some riders that normally would not even qualify. Or place well. Red bud mxon perfect example. Coldenhoff. is a badazz, but not like herlings,ac222.

|

5/25/2019 12:46 PM

Things are looking much better for Walker this weekend. It looks like he should make the show.

|

5/26/2019 5:24 AM

I was wrong. Better, but still not quite there.

|

5/26/2019 11:38 AM

I think once the races come back east he will do better since he is from Michigan and goes to school in FL he will be much more used to the type of tracks and the conditions out east.

|

5/27/2019 7:42 AM

New bikes take a long time to learn

Being a lifelong Honda guy doesn’t help either.

He will just have to keep trying and learn the bikes quirks and reactions at his max pace - so he can learn to push it that tiny bit more

He will make the show - not to mention the series in Cali is usually very competitive but thins out a tad going to thundervalley

Granted - east coast is no joke either

|

5/27/2019 8:48 AM

sparker245 wrote:

Love watching his videos. But might consider fewer 30 minute motos and more sprints. Being able to go 30 is great, but ya gotta get in the show first. In timed qualifying hook onto a rider who always gets in......might not wanna pick Tomac, Roczen etc, ha....and don't let go.

I think he is in B qualifying, so non of the factory dudes. B is tough, B is the last quali group when the track is rough. Ain't easy out there.

|

5/27/2019 9:32 AM

if he is 4 seconds off of 36th place then his bike is a pile of shit

|

Had last surgery on valentines day.. will be riding soon enough!

5/27/2019 9:37 AM

GCBC wrote:

Yes you should be an expert on this considering youve owned each and every ktm model and ridden them for 17 seconds each.

|

5/27/2019 9:43 AM

GCBC wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Yes you should be an expert on this considering youve owned each and every ktm model and ridden them for 17 seconds each.

Lol

|

5/27/2019 11:59 AM

He needs a good suspension set up and he'd be in easy

|

5/27/2019 12:09 PM

Asselstine wrote:

He needs a good suspension set up and he'd be in easy

Id imagine turbojez kyb forks would be worth a second or two a lap compared to the stock forks!

|

5/27/2019 12:44 PM

B Prac/Qualify should be before A.. Pro riders have enough of an advantage to overcome the rough tracks.

|